Alumni

The Series In Our Finale

 

It was break time AKA quality time for Dani and Vernon. They were currently eating the food that Dani made under the shade of a tree.

 

“The moment of truth” Vernon made some weird sound effects as they unboxed the homemade packed lunch, “Do you really cook though?” he narrowed his eyes.

 

“You will see” Dani laughed.

 

Vernon wasted no time in taking a bite.

 

“Hmm”

 

Dani waited for his reaction.

 

“Hey” Vernon hit Seungcheol’s as a sign of greeting, “All smiles huh?”

 

But Seungcheol just giggled. As they continued walking, he halted. “I wanted to save this for myself but since you’re a friend of mine, I’ll share you this secret” Seungcheol motioned for Vernon to come over. The latter then followed and went closer.

 

“Do you wanna see a jealous Dani?”

 

“Hell no, that’s dangerous”

 

“No no, not like the raging type of jealous but like you know, the soft type. The cute one that leads to something….I mean for sure you wanna check her love for you.” he raised his eyebrow, “So do you want it?”

 

Vernon nodded “How though?

 

“Mention Ahrin”

 

“Ahrin?”

 

“Yeah, the new student. They seem to be so cautious of her” Seungcheol shrugged, “I don’t get it too. It’s not like we’d just replace them for someone else that easy”

 

Vernon agreed.

 

“So the sequence is you mention her, she gets jealous then you assure her how much you love her.”

 

“Hmmm...good"

 

Dani’s eyes had a sudden glint, “Really?!” she clasped her hands.

 

Vernon nodded as he continued stuffing his mouth, “Do girls learn how to cook at this age?”

 

“What do you mean?”

 

“I heard Ahrin cooks too. I wonder how fine her cooking is”

 

Click click

 

Dani had put the lunchboxes together and covered them, including the one Vernon’s eating in.

 

“Hey-hey! I’m not yet done--”

 

But Dani’s done with her cleaning and his bull. She smiled, “You can go eat her cooking. I’m leaving. Bye” And with that, she left.

 

“What did i do wrong?” Vernon scratched his head, “I don’t even know if Ahrin really cooks?”

 

Unfortunately, Dani only has the raging type of jealousy.

 

“Oh?” Sujeong muttered as she watched Dani who seemed to be upset walking away from Vernon, “Dani got pissed?”

 

Seungcheol and her went closer to a confused Vernon and asked the boy.

 

“I don’t know I just did what you told me.”

 

Seungcheol, analyzing the scenario, thought out loud, “You mentioned Ahrin?”

 

Vernon nodded.

 

“And that was her reaction?” he gasped.

 

Vernon nodded once again.

 

“Yah!” Sujeong hit Seungcheol’s arm.

 

“Aww!” Seungcheol winced and rubbed his arm.

 

“Why would you tell Vernon that?” she turned to Vernon, “And you’re not going after her?” Sujeong exclaimed in disbelief.

 

“Oh I will, I will..” Vernon hurried and followed after his girlfriend. Sujeong only shook her head.

 

With only the two of them left, she turned to Seungcheol, “That’s not good, you know.” she scolded him, “You made Ahrin the reason of their fight when she doesn’t even know anything. You’re meddling with Vernon and Dani and you’re soiling Dani’s relationship with Ahrin as well”

 

Seungcheol pouted, “I’m sorry..I didn’t know it would end that way.” he hugged her, “I won’t do it again, I promise”

 

“Ugh, you and your antics”


The sun has set and  almost everyone in the school has gone home already. Almost. For Jeon Wonwoo is still actively running laps, his shirt drenched in sweat.

 

“He still hasn’t gone to the dorms?” Ahrin thought to herself as she sat down to watch him. His hardwork and passion. It’s what had caught her attention. It was also what pushed her to transfer to Pledis Academy.

 

She first saw him in a competition they were both in. It was one of those hard times—when she fell into a slump and no longer knows if she should continue. They both lost that day but she had it worse, she was totally eliminated. Even so, She thought she would see him discouraged too, atleast.  She would feel a bit better if he was, she thought. But Wonwoo was different. When he saw her wretched, he gave her a piece of his chocolate.

 

“There will always be losers and winners. You can never win again if you give up now” he said. She has always looked up to Wonwoo since then. She would see him every year in the same competition but Ahrin could only watch.

 

“You scared me” Wonwoo exclaimed when he spotted her. She was sitting on the bleachers with her white shirt.

 

Hearing that she had startle the lad, she apologized, “I wasn’t planning on scaring you. I…..just happened to pass by”

 

“You’re on the team, aren’t you? Are you checking out the field?”

 

“Sort of”

 

Wonwoo nodded, “It’s late, would you mind waiting for me so we can go back to the dorms together? I’m just gonna change my shirt”

 

Ahrin smiled, “I’ll wait here”


Sujeong can’t see anything. Her eyes were completely covered with a blindfold, her hands tied. She was abducted.

 

“Yeseul, Dani, I swear!”

 

“No talking!” Yeseul shushed Sujeong as she turned to Dani, “Are they coming?”

 

Dani nodded, “They’re on the way with everyone including Seungcheol of course”

 

“Including who?”

 

Knock knock

 

“They’re here..” Yeseul muttered and total chaos was what she brought inside their room.

 

“Come to think of it, this is my first time coming in your bedroom” Dokyeom babbled as soon as she got inside.

 

“Where are we?? Where are we?? What do you guys want from me?!” a guy also blindfolded kept on shouting and wriggling in Mingyu, Dokyeom and Vernon’s grip.

 

“Seungcheol?” Sujeong asked but her voice was swallowed by their noises. It was a ruckus until everyone sat down.

 

“You can now take their blindfolds off”

 

Seungcheol’s eyes widened as he saw his girlfriend also in the same state as him. That’s how he knew what was happening.

 

Jun, Mingyu, Jeonghan, Vernon, Dokyeom, and his other teammates including his juniors were also around.

 

“Alright, alright! We’re set!” Yeseul exclaimed, “I know you guys are confused as to why are we here but I just want to let you all know that Captain Seungcheol’s got something to say”

 

Seungcheol smiled in gritted teeth as he whisphered only audible in Yeseul and Dani’s ears, “Why did you let my team in your room?”

 

“We did not invite them”

 

Dani looked around, seeing her boyfriend shrug at her, “Vernon” she hissed.

 

“What’s captain got to say?” his junior, Mark Lee, asked innocently.

 

Cricket sounds.

 

Seungcheol whisphered once again, “You could’ve just invited our class, not them” he pulled Sujeong to his side and announced with authority, “This is my lovely girlfriend. She’s now out of your reach. Understand?”

 

“Yes, captain!”

 

“Now, leave! You guys can’t just come inside girls’ bedroom like that” He dismissed them and everyone left at the captain’s words.

 

“Like you’re one to talk” Sujeong chuckled as soon as the juniors went out, “Do you want me to kick you out too?”

 

“Miss, I am your boyfriend” he emphasized

 

“That doesn’t excuse you” she joked.

 

Dokyeom fake coughed, “Excuse me but now that it’s only just us here, if my memory serves me right, Seungcheol owes us a story”

..and the others couldn’t agree more, “So how did this happen without us knowing?”

 

Seungcheol and Sujeong looked at each other and giggled


“The contestants for Produce 101…”

 

Class 12-D, just like the rest of the school, were obliged to watch the trailer of an upcoming survival show for idols. Some alumni are participating and so they were also obliged to show their support.

 

“Hello, I’m Brand New Music’s Lee Daehwi”

 

“Flipped?” Jun pointed at the book Ahrin was reading, not really paying attention at the television.

 

The lass bobbed her head, “Have you read this one?”

 

“Yeah, I like how the guy’s feelings were conveyed. Not so magical. Just realistic. Do you read books a lot?”

 

“Yeah, I love reading. Do you?” she threw the question back.

 

“I don’t.. Wonwoo just recommended me that during summer vacation. That guy’s a real bookworm.”

 

Ahrin nodded in understanding.

 

“Hey buddy, Would you mind changing?” Dokyeom whispered to Jun. He was trying for a conversation with Ahrin once again.

 

Jun, amenable as he is, hesitated for a bit but eventually changed seats with him. And Dokyeom started bugging Ahrin.

 

Vernon, on the other hand, was still apologizing to Dani. “Hey~” he tucked the strands of Dani’s hair behind her ear, “I’m sorry, Please don’t be mad now.”

 

But Dani only maintained a straight face.

 

“Hello, I’m Brand New Music’s Park Woojin…”

 

“That guy looks familiar” Yeseul who was of course sitting beside Mingyu wrinkled her forehead in an attempt to remember where she had seen him but mniserably fails.

 

“Hello, I’m Maroo Entertainment’s Park Jihoon…”

 

“Park Jihoon? Oh my god, Park Jihoon. Oh my god, that’s him!” she shook Mingyu, “the guy who lent me his jacket”

 

With the mention of the jacket, Mingyu immediately remembered that day he almost went fuming when he saw her wearing a jacket with a guy’s name embedded on its back.He would’ve made a fuss about it or would have atleast asked about it further if it weren’t for Yeseul who had the most sour expression. She was having a bad day so he had decided to just shrug it off that time but right now, he can’t help but to feel irked, “Ahuh and the guy who splashed mud on you?”

 

“Hello, I’m Pledis Entertainment’s Hwang Minhyun”

 

“Minhyun hyung!” Seungkwan exclaimed, “I knew it, He has always been someone cut out for an idol”

 

“Hello national producers! I’m Pledis Entertainment’s Kim Jonghyun..”

 

“Oh, Jonghyunnie!” Seungcheol was the one who exclaimed this time. He squeezed Sujeong’s hand, “He used to be the captain of the basketball team. He’s great. Did you know he’s the same age as me? I did not know he’ll pursue being an idol.”

 

“You’re the same age as him?” Sujeong asked in shock.

 

Seungcheol replied, “Yeah, he started school so early. Mainly because he’s a month earlier.”

 

“I see”

 

“I heard they’ll be visiting here on the day of the festival. I’ll introduce him to you by then. He’s a good friend”