Move

The Series In Our Finale

"Hey, Seungcheol!!!" Jun almost screamed when someone finally answered his call.

"What is it? What's so urgent?" Seungcheol answered worriedly, "Did you get into a fight again?"

"No, no. It's Sujeong! She was rushed into the hospital. Come here now, quick!" He dictated all the details about the hospital without any pause.

"What?! Okay, wait up! I'll be there in fifteen minutes" Seungcheol who was still currently in the basketball court rushed to the hospital without even leaving a word to any of his teammates. And just like what he said, he arrived exactly fifteen minutes.

"Seungcheol!" Jun exclaimed.

"What happened?!"

"I don't know. She must have overworked herself. She was the last one to get out of the pool. And as soon as she got out, she lost her balance and just went blank."

"Ahh that girl, really.." He shook his head, "Where is she?"

"She's inside, she's already conscious but the doctor said she had to rest. She'll probably stay the night" Seungcheol nodded his head as he took the seat beside Jun, "Thank you for calling me. Are Yeseul and Dani aware about this?"

"I tried calling the two but no one's answering. I guess they're busy"

"Must've been because of their own practice"

"Probably" Jun answered as he yawned. That's when Seungcheol noticed that Jun was still not dry, sleepy and is probably freezing right now.

"Do you wanna go home first? I can take care of her." Compared to him, Jun really needs to go home now.

"Will you two be alright?

"Of course"

"Then, I'll go ahead now. If ever you need to go home, you can summon me back or maybe call Dani and Sujeong"

"Alright" Seungcheol replied as Jun went home.

Seungcheol was now all alone in the corridor so he has decided to check Sujeong's condition. Sujeong was still sleeping so he just placed a chair beside the hospital bed and sat on it as he stared at her face. "You don't know how much I wonder everyday on how I can make you happy. You've done so much for our class." He murmured as he caressed her face, "You're the most responsible person I've ever seen.. But I hope you would stop overworking yourself." And as if on cue, Sujeong's eyes went open, "Seungcheol...." she mumbled.

Seungcheol's eyes went wide for a while but smiled eventually, "Did......you hear?" It seems like Sujeong cannot contain her feelings that tears started flowing out of her eyes. "D-did I say something wrong?"

Seungcheol slightly panicked but the girl shook his head, "I...I just didn't know someone sees my efforts." She wiped her own tears, "I'm sorry. I know I look dumb"

But Seungcheol removed her hands off of her face and replaced it with his. He wiped her tears and whispered, "We do see your efforts.... I do.." They exchanged glances for a second. His view went from her whole face and narrowed down to her small, pink lips. And as if he was under a command, he pressed his lips on hers...in which she didn't complain.....but neither did she kiss back. 

After some seconds, Seungcheol stepped back and immediately apologized.

"I-it's already 11 in the evening. You have your mock competition tomorrow morning."

"I know" Seungcheol replied, "but I can't just leave you here"

"I can handle myself"

"I can handle myself tomorrow too" Seungcheol grinned and held her hand. He leaned his head on her bed and that was how they both fell asleep.

 

****

 

"So you slept with Sujeong in the hospital, went home to just take a bath and then straight here???" Vernon exclaimed.

"Lower your voice down, idiot!" Seungcheol smacked Vernon's head and looked around the mini stadium, "We didn't 'sleep together' like whar you're thinking, okay? We just slept in the same room. In fact, I slept in a chair while she slept in the hospital bed."

"Oh..kay" Vernon nodded his head as he tried to digest all the words, "So is Sujeong okay now?"

"Much likely"

"Attention! To all the players, the mock competition is about to start now." The voice in the radio announced making the audience go wild.

"HOLY DANI LOOK AT MINGYU!! LOOK LOOK LOOK!!!" Yeseul shook her friend Dani.

"Would you calm down a bit?" Hoshi, who was on her other side, remarked. He tagged along with them as if he's filling Sujeong's spot.

"Ayo, guys! Your boy, Seungkwan is now here with popcorn and some awe-seungkwan-some news" Seungkwan who showed up from nowhere sat beside Hoshi. 

"Okay, Spill it" Yeseul commanded while still staring at Kim Mingyu. 

"Do you know the freshman varsity, that girl, Kim Minkyung?" The three nodded as a response, "Who knew she's a daughter of some oh-so-rich man! Oh my god" Seungkwan reacted to his own words. "So the point is?" Yeseul asked, eyes still on Kim Mingyu. 

Seungkwan gave her a sullen glance but then went back to being jumpy, "Her father provided a dormitory for us varsity to stay in until the competition!!" 

"Oh yeah, I've heard of that" Hoshi paused for a bit, "But there's a better news beyond that, Yeseul-ah" he smirked. "What is it?" Yeseul asked now paying some attention as Dani leaned closer towards the others.

"Your room is next to mine" 

Hoshi laughed, almost losing oxygen as he saw Yeseul's face becoming more crumpled.

"No but seriously, it's a good news for you" Hoshi wiped his sweat as he calmed down. Yeseul faced him with a are-you-kidding-me face, "Sure it--"

"Mingyu is in the same room as I am" And just like that, Yeseul's eyes went wide. And much more wider. Redundant as it may be. "Are you serious?!" She asked him one more time as Seungkwan confirmed. She, then, faced Dani and shook her once more, "Kim Minkyung is such a blessing!!! Why are Kim Min's angels!!!"

 

****

 

"Hey, Dani" Jihoon greeted her as soon as he arrived in front of her house. Jihoon had offered beforehand that he would help Dani move her things into the dormitory, "I'm sorry I'm late. I had an errand to do"

"No, no, no. It's okay. It was me who needs help. I don't have the right to be mad" Dani smiled, "In fact, I just got home too. Come in, I'm still packing my things." 

"Oh okay, then" Jihoon removed his shoes and entered the house. And as a woman showed up, Jihoon bowed his head immediately, assuming it was Dani's mother, "Good afternoon" 

"Ah, mom. This is Lee Jihoon. He's here to help me move my things into the dormitory." The woman scanned him from head to toe before greeting him back which made Jihoon really uncomfortable and scared so he hunched his back a bit and bit his lip. His eyes seem to be lost and doesn't know where it should stay.

Noticing her friend's sudden change of behaviour, Dani chuckled and elbowed him lightly, "Let's go before it really becomes late." She went straight to her room as the boy followed her. She went on and on on how sorry she is for making him see her very messy room which made Jihoon really happy for this is the first time Dani was leading the talk.

"That's the last one!" Dani smiled as she zipped the last bag. "Oh wait, Oh my... Oh my..." She lifted the blanket, the things on her table and more stuffs making her room messy again, "Have you seen my phone?"

Jihoon shook his head and brought his own phone out,"Is it on silent?" Dani shook his head, "Fortunately, it isn't"

"I'll try to call it. Wait up." He pressed the #1 speed dial number making the red shovel bag vibrate, "There it is" He picked the bag up making Dani almost rip her own eyes wide, "AH NO-DON'T-WAIT-LET ME--" but it was too late, Jihoon already has ped the bag, and dug in for her phone. 

But before her phone, a set of things showed up in front of Lee Jihoon. Dani's Hello Kitty underwear.

"I--I didn't mean to see the cat"

"AHH! LEE JIHOON GET OUT!"