Transferee

The Series In Our Finale

Time went so fast that it was the resume of classes again and Seungcheol still just can't get over what happened that night. He kept on recalling it -- her face when she told expressed how she loves him too.

“I hate you” Sujeong hit his back, “How could you tell me almost everyday that you like me and then…” she tried to swallow her sobs as he straightened up, “and then…when it’s time for me to like you back, you already gave up? Why like me in the first place?” She hit his chest consecutively.

Seungcheol grabbed her hands, stopping her from hitting him again. His other hand held her face and wiped her tears as he stared into her moist eyes. “You like me too?”

“Are you that oblivious?”

“I’m not…it’s just that I don’t want to get my hopes up too high. Sujeong, I did not give up. I still like you..”

“Ahh~” She faked a laugh, “That’s why you went to prom with another girl”

“You went to prom with Wonwoo!” He said in gritted teeth.

“That was because he knew you’re going to prom with another girl!”

“What?” his eyebrows furrowed, “The day that I was about to ask you to prom, the whole school was talking about how you two are going to prom, how you went to school together, how perfect you two are! What would that make me if I still ask you to go with me if everyone already knows you’re going with Wonwoo? I had no choice! It hurts seeing you getting lovey-dovey with him”

“Weren’t you lovey-dovey with Minkyung too?” Her forehead wrinkled as Seungcheol started smiling.

“You’re jealous~” Seungcheol couldn’t contain his smile, “Wooh!! Finally!!”

“That doesn’t change the fact that you---“ Seungcheol cut her as he leaned in for a long kiss.

He grabbed his phone and texted her.

Good morning, I love you

"Wait.. That's too direct and boring" he shook his head and erased the text to compose another one.

It feels good waking up knowing that you love me too

"This one's very cheesy" he cringed and erased it again. After the many trials and errors, he finally composed something more appropriate.

Seungcheol: Good morning.. Have you eaten already?

Sujeong: Yup :)

Seungcheol: Are you not asking me? :<

Sujeong: Haha good morning! have you had your breakfast?

Seungcheol: Yes :D 

Seungcheol: I miss u  T^T

Sujeong: Cheol, we'll see each other at school later hahaha

Seungcheol: I know, I can't wait

Sujeong: Hahaha Me too

Seungcheol jumped off his bed seeing Sujeong's reply. Oh, the butterflies.

Seungcheol: Alright, see you later. I love you

Sujeong: ?????!!!!

Sujeong: What is this?

Sujeong: This is Yeseul, I repeat, what is this?????

***

Today was also the day that the transferee was expected to come so Sujeong went to school earlier. Seungcheol bothered her a lot on accompanying her to school but the boy fell asleep for another hour. Yeseul, on the other hand, was so curious about the new transferee that she requested on coming with Sujeong.

They were waiting for the new student when Sujeong checked her phone for Seungcheol's message.

Yeseul flinched when she saw her friend checking her messages but then heaved a sigh when she remembered she deleted her conversation with Seungcheol.

Seungcheol: What?

Sujeong: Sujeong left to take a bath. Now, what is this? Are you guys already together?

Seungcheol: Omg?
 

Seungcheol: But yes. Unbelievable, isn't it?

Sujeong: Totally! Since when?
 

Seungcheol: Since that day after prom.
 

Sujeong: This is still vague to me. We'll have to talk later! Looks like Sujeong's about to go out. 

With that, Yeseul deleted their messages only leaving Seungcheol's 'I love you' message and marking it unread.

Minutes pass and the awaited new student finally appeared.

"Hello" They bowed at each other upon meeting, "Are you the new student?" Sujeong asked.

The new student only nodded her head and muttered her name very quietly, "Yoo Ahrin"

They were both surprised at her visuals. She had a baby-like face and a very fair skin but she seems to be really quiet, judging by how she introduced herself.

"I'm Kang Sujeong, the president of class 12--D and this, here, is Jang Yeseul"

"Nice to meet you" Yeseul leaned to extend her hand for a handshake which Ahrin immediately, almost awkwardly, took.

"We didn't receive any further instructions yet like who would tour you around and such but we'll tour you a bit until 7am" Sujeong warmly smiled, "Also the dorms, did you hear about the dorms?"

Ahrin, again, only nodded.

"It's just walking distance. When do you plan on moving by the way?"

"Maybe tomorrow" she replied, her head still down.

Looks like it'll be hard. Sujeong thought.

***

"Can you cover your face?" Yeseul asked Mingyu as the latter raised his brow, "Why?"

"Just why do you have to be this handsome?" She whispered as she clucked her tongue, "Cover your eyes"

"Why? Did I miss anything while I was gone--" but even before he finishes his inquiry, Yeseul jumped to cover his eyes.

"What is this--"

"Hello, Yeseul" Ahrin greeted as Yeseul waved back, her other hand still covering Mingyu's eyes. And as soon as Ahrin walked past them, Mingyu removed her hands, "Who was that?"

"That? Who?" Mingyu's eyes remained the same, waiting for an answer. 

"Oh...That" Yeseul laughed, "The transferee"

"Ahhh" Mingyu nodded his head, "Yoo Ahrin"

"You already met her??" Yeseul's eyes widened.

"Yes, she'll be joining the track and field team" Mingyu replied bluntly as if nothing's a big deal.

"Seriously?!!!!!!!" Yeseul shrieked.

"Why? Anything wrong with that?"

"N-nothing.. So what do you think?"

"What do I think? What do you mean?"

"How do you think about her?"

"She seemed fine. I think she'll do well"

"And...?"

"And what? That's it"

"Are you jealous?" Mingyu laughed, "Don't worry. I heard she likes Wonwoo. While I like you"

***

A knock on the door caused Dani's heart to almost jump. 

This is it. He's going to face Vernon for the first time after that day. They had been exchanging messages but seeing his perfect face was a different story.

Still, she opened the door and there stood Vernon, her now boyfriend.

"Are you ready?" He asked with his signature smile. Dani nodded as Vernon took her hands in his but oddly, she dodged. 

Vernon looked at her but Dani only bit her lip looking a bit nervous making him more confused.

Nothing felt wrong, they were sharing stories, except for the fact that Dano didn't want to hold his hand.

The walk didn't take that long but Vernon was still thinking about Dani's actions as they walk on the hallway. 

On the way to their classroom, a beautiful but unfamiliar girl walked pass them. 

Unconsciously, Dani held Vernon's hand surprising him. Vernon laughed knowingly.

Realizing what she had done, she let go of his hand again but this time Vernon did not let go, "I like it better like this"

***

"Kids, listen up!" The teacher in charge for Class 12-D tapped on the table silencing everyone. She put her hands on a girl's shoulder and said, "This, here, is Yoo Ahrin. Starting today, she'll be your new classmate. I get some of you already met her especially the track and field team. Now for your introduction.." she nudged her.

"Um, hello, everyone. I'm Yoo Ahrin. I came from Gangwon-do and transferred here to get a better training" she said in a low voice as everyone clapped their hands.


"For your seat, you can sit beside Mr. Moon Junhui. There, the only empty seat beside the sleeping guy.. I'll leave you guys now"

Ahrin made her way to her seat with his head still down and as soon as she sat down, a guy approached him.

"Hi, I'm Lee Seokmin. You can also call me Dokyeom. Whatever tickles your fantasy" he beamed.

Ahrin nodded her head, still feeling shy, "Nice to meet you"

"I'm part of the basketball team" he said, "You're part of the track and field team, right?"

"Hey hey, stop hitting on her" Seungcheol lightly hit his head.

"Ouch, I'm not..." He pouted, "And if so, why not? Do you have a boyfriend, Ahrin-ssi?" He turned into her earning another smack on the head from Seungcheol.

"This is unfair! I mean why can't I when the both of you and Vernon are already dating someone?" Dokyeom exclaimed and closed his lips when he realized he had exposed the two.

"Seungcheol's dating someone?" Jeonghan and a couple more asked in disbelief.

"Uh-oh" Dokyeom braced himself as Seungcheol tackled him. The two got very rowdy, in a playful way, making Junhui wake up from his sleep.

Junhui was still half asleep when he had realized someone is sitting beside him. His eyebrows furrowed but still took the time to ask, "Who...are you?"

"I'm Yoo Ahrin, a new student" 

"Ah~ so you're the new student they were talking about. I'm Moon Junhui, Nice to meet you"

"Nice to meet you too"