Contact

The Series In Our Finale

"So why can't you sleep?" Mingyu asked as he stirred the ramen for Yeseul.

"I don't know" Yeseul shrugged, "Home sickness?"

"I was thinking the same way" Mingyu grinned, "Dig in"

"Ah!!" Yeseul winced in pain when she took a sip of the just-got-boiled ramen.

"Oh wait a minute" Mingyu brought her a glass of cold water, "Be careful. Do you want me to blow it for you?" He joked as they both laughed. "Didn't know someone as pretty as you is still such a kid"

"W-what?" Her eyes widened.

"What? You're pretty'"

"A-ah.. So do you"

Mingyu looked at her with his eyebrows up, "Are you telling me I'm pretty too or are you saying that I'm a kid? Cause I sorta don't like both" he smirked.

Yeseul laughed awkwardly. She wanted to slap herself but she tried her best to reply naturally, "I'm saying you're handsome"

"Thanks" he grinned knowingly.

Silence enveloped the room for some minutes until Mingyu started to open up another topic.

"Do you like midnights?"

"Well, I like it better than afternoons. How about you?"

"I like midnights the best" He glanced at the glass window, "You know I used to work at a coffee shop. Midnight shift"

"Ohh...that explains it" Yeseul responded as she brought her phone out to take a picture of the scenery outside but was surprised when Mingyu pressed the button that activates the front camera.

"This is better" he said as he clicked the shutter, "You know I barely get to go outside during midnights. I need to take a picture of it" he snatched her phone and opened her kakao talk just to add his number, "Send it to me through Katalk"

Yeseul was dumbfounded for a moment, "Right" she laughed, "Shall we go back now?" She brought out her wallet but Mingyu just turned it down, "It's on me for today" he smiled, "Just pay for my meal tomorrow midnight"

***

Lunch time and all of the 12th grade students are inside the canteen. Seungcheol, Dokyeom, Vernon, Wonwoo, Joshua, Hoshi and Seungkwan are currently in the same table, "...She's asking you what you want and she'll get you" Joshua has been saying the same sentence for the third time but Vernon seems to be lost. His eyes are piercing and it never blinked even one second.

"Hello? Is he sick?" Joshua asked his roommates, Seungcheol and Wonwoo but the two are also puzzled.

Seungcheol noticed the boy's gaze and followed it. As soon as he found it out, he snapped his fingers, "He's sick! Really sick.. He's about to throw up!" The boys were startled and confused until Seungcheol pointed at the other table. Dani.

And across her sat Jihoon.

"Hey, Jihoon!" Seungcheol called onto him, "Come here"

"Oh hey, why?"

"Join us here"

"Oh, but I'm with Dani" Jihoon replied, "Mind if we join them?" He asked the girl as she nodded her head. 
Seungcheol pulled two seats between him and Vernon as he kicked the younger's chair, "Move" he whispered, "Come, Jihoon, sit here" he pulled the boy to his left leaving the chair in his right to Dani, making her sit beside Vernon.

Vernon offered her a cup of water as Seungcheol gave Jihoon but Dani chose to grab Jihoon's cup.

"Hey hey hey, Dani" Seungkwan greeted her as everyone except Jihoon, Seungcheol and Vernon followed.

"Where are the other girls?" Hoshi asked.

"Sujeong has practice" Wonwoo and Seungcheol said the same exact words at the same time but Seungcheol just laughed it off as everyone followed.

"How about Yeseul?" Dokyeom asked.

"She wasn't able to wake up early. She slept very late yesterday." Dani replied, "Must have been homesickness"

"Oh! Mingyu too" Seungkwan stated, "I saw him enter the room at like 2am? 3am? That's why he also wasn't able to come to school today"

"Ohhh" Seungcheol gasped, "What if they spent the midnight together?" He teased Dokyeom.

"That's impossible" Dokyeom defended as they all laughed. Hoshi had his head hang low. He knew they were together.

"Hey, so my mom is going to Australia and she is asking what YOU especially his favorite guy, VERNON, wants and she'll get it for you"

"Oh oh! I want a stuffed koala!!l" Seungkwan clapped, "Tell her Boonon wants a stuffed koala"

"Alright" Joshua laughed, "How about you, Vernon? What you want matters the most" He tapped the table in front of Vernon making him startled a bit, "Same as Seungkwan's"

The guys looked at each other slightly amused at the fact that Vernon wants a stuffed koala too.

"Sure you do" Joshua laughed.

****

"Wonwoo!!!" Sujeong exclaimed as soon as she saw Wonwoo. They had an agreement to meet at a coffee shop. It has been a long time since Wonwoo called her so Sujeong was so happy that she promised she would treat him coffee.

Seeing Sujeong very happy because of him made Wonwoo's heart skip a beat. A smile crawled onto his face as he sat down in front of her. "You missed me that much?"

"Of course! I've been feeling really lonely these days" Sujeong frowned.

"You have Dani and Yeseul. What do you mean?"

"I know" Sujeong sighed, "But you're still different"

"God Sujeong, don't tell me you wanna do it with me.." Wonwoo teased.

"Yah! That's not what I meant you ert" she hit his arm as he winced in pain, "I'm just kidding, okay?" he raised his arms in surrender, "You have a problem, don't you?" His face turned serious.

Sujeong nodded her head, "A lot"

Wonwoo laid his hand in front of Sujeong.

Sujeong bit her lip thinking Wonwoo was gesturing for her to spill her problems, "Currently, I have three main problems.."

Wonwoo flicked her forehead, "I'm asking for money. Let's order some coffee first before you do your monologue"

Sujeong hit his arm again, annoyed at his cockiness, "You're really starting to sound like Choi Seungcheol" Wonwoo laughed his off as he went to order some coffee.

Some short minutes passed and their order finally arrived. "Here" Wonwoo placed the coffee in front of her and sat down, "My ears are now open for problems"

Sujeong heaved another sigh, "Three main problems. Family, School and I dont know what should I call the third one"

"I'm guessing your father's wage won't suffice your everday spendings because of your young aunt's unnecessary needs and your mom is being annoying"

Sujeong nodded her head, "I'm having thoughts about working part time but I don't think I can especially because of the varsity club. Now this is where my second main problem enters." She stirred her coffee, "I've been keeping this secret for a while now. I have get this off my chest. I know you're the person who does well in problems so I'm sorry I've decided to share this with you." She sighed, "Remember when the principal summoned me?"

Wonwoo nodded her head, "That day Hoshi fell on top of Yeseul?" He cackled and stopped when he realized she wasn't laughing, "I thought she just encouraged you? You lied to them? To us?"

"Of course I would. I don't wanna discourage you all." She sighed, "But the truth is she wants to abolish the varsity club"

"I'm not surprised" Wonwoo responded, "im actually more surprised that she still let us continue"

"It's because I made a deal that if we get one gold medal.. Any sport! She'll let the club live"

Wonwoo shook his head, "You're too young to have these problems"

Sujeong bit his lip expressing sadness.

"Any more?" Wonwoo asked, "Tell me while I'm still willing to listen"

"You should really stop hanging out with Seungcheol" Sujeong jeered.

"You should really stop mentioning Seungcheol"

A ten seconds silence occurred before Sujeong replied, "Actually there's something I've been thinking about..."

"Is he your third main problem?"

*****

11pm and everyone is already inside their rooms except for two people. 

Dani finally arrived feeling very tired from a long walk.

"It's late" a voice was heard and as Dani turned around, Vernon was sitting on the stairs

****

 

[Wonwoo when Sujeong called onto him]