Shy, Shy, Shy

The Series In Our Finale

"I love you, Seungcheol" she beamed. She had been saying this for some minutes already.

"I didn't know you are this honest when you're drunk. Not that im complaining though." He thought to himself, "I think I don't regret allowing you to finish all these" he chuckled, "I probably like you more than you like me, you know"

"I said I wuv you, why do you only like--" she stopped as she felt a vomit "Y-yah, Do not vomit yet!" Seungcheol covered as a reflex. Sujeong pursed her lips and nodded her head, her eyebrows furrowed, determined to hold back her vomit. Seungcheol, then, accompanied her to their room straight into the bathroom where Sujeong released the effects of the alcohol.

"Ah this girl" he carressed her back as he smiled to himself.

***

"Yeseul-ah" Mingyu pouted. He was sitting beside her, "Are you still ignoring me? I promise not to do it again" But Yeseul just continued rewriting her notes.

"Yeseeuuuul" Mingyu stole her pen from her, "I'll do whatever you want. Just don't ignore meee. Do you want to watch a movie? I'll let you pick!" And with that, Mingyu knew he caught her attention.

"You'll let me?" Mingyu nodded.

"La La Land later then" she beamed.

"Wha--Alright....that....then....right" he scratched his head. He never liked musicals

***

"Hamburgerrrr!" Yeseul exclaimed, she has been running from stand to stand to buy different snacks.

"Uh...we're going to watch a movie, right? Are we going on a picnic?" Yeseul only had to glare at him to make him silent.

"Would the burger be regular size or king size?"

"Just regular size" she smiled, "I'm on a diet"

"Ahuh diet" Mingyu, who was behind her, scoffed while holding a pint of popcorn, and a bag of fries, onion rings and cheese sticks.

"Would you like to upgrade your drink ma'am?" The cashier asked. Yeseul noticed that she was now looking somewhere else. Somewhere behind her. "Ah yes please" she smiled, still.

"Would the size of the burger be regular or king size?" She was looking at something that's hers. "Um You already asked that but in case you forgot because you're too engrossed into something that you shouldn't be" Yeseul smiled in gritted teeth, "Regular"

"O-oh sorry ma'am" the cashier bowed her head and punched her order. Mingyu bit his lip trying to supress his laughter.

"Oh? 10 minutes and the movie's going to start! Let's hurry" Yeseul yelped as soon as she received her burger. Swiftly, they were now seated inside the movie theater.

Twenty minutes into the movie and Mingyu's already bored but he still tried to focus...not until he felt someone's head leaning on his shoulder. He looked at his side only to see a Yeseul who is sound asleep. He chuckled but did not bother to wake her up, instead he also let his head fall on top of her, not long after, he had also joined her in dreamland. 

"Ugh!" Someone exclaimed in frustration and annoyance and shook the couple, "Young man! Young lady!"

Mingyu and Yeseul's eyes adjusted to the light. It was already bright. When he had finally open his eyes, he saw a woman who seems to be in her mid 30s.

"Good to know you're not dead! The movie ended twenty minutes ago! The next batch would start soon and I have to clean this area thanks to all the food you brought. Why buy it if you're just gonna spill it all?" The woman scratched her head, nerves already evident.

Yeseul gasped at the spilled popcorn and fries, "Young people nowadays" the woman shook her head. The two, then, immediately bowed their head and apologized.

"We will just help--"

"By leaving the theater!" The woman pointed at the exit. The two exchanged glances and eventually walked outside, still half awake..

"So We bought tickets just to sleep inside a movie theater and bought popcorn and fries just to spill it. How stupid we are.." Yeseul chuckled as she scratched her head, "Atleast we had a good nap" Mingyu laughed.

***

Sujeong woke up with her head still pounding. She started recalling the memories of last night and smiled to herself when she felt arms envelop her. She faced the owner of those arms and silently chuckled, trying her best not to wake him up. She caressed his hair and moved his fringe to the side so that she could see his whole face.

Seungcheol's eyes opened. He was still holding her in his arms. She looks so peaceful But he was scared, still.

It's Kang Sujeong, after all. No one knows what she is thinking.

"Do you remember what happened last night?" He asked, nervousness visible in his eyes. Sujeong pursed her lips and slowly nodded.

"Do..you regret what you said?" Sujeong only shook his head bringing a smile to his face which was then turned into a worried face, "Does it hurt?"

Sujeong's eyes widened. She removed the blanket above them and heaved a sigh of relief when she saw that they were still wearing the same clothes with those of yesterday night's. Seungcheol was surprised at her actions but then guffawed when he had realized the situation, "I meant your head. You drank a lot last night and you went to the bathroom several times to vomit, it scared me to death. I thought you were going to vomit your intestines" he chuckled and messed her hair, "Aw This cutie"

"Hyung, It's my shift now, you can.......go home" Vernon who barged in without any permission, said in a decreasing volume. The two jumped in surprise.

"Oh yes, Vernon uhmm....." Seungcheol walked closer to the younger guy, "I'll explain it to you later, okay? It's a bit different with what you are thinking" he whispered as Sujeong remained seated, eyes still looking down in embarassment.

***

"Hey Kang Sujeong!" Yeseul immediately tackled the older as soon as she saw her. The two of them, together with Dani, had plan on a Girls' Day Out. Dani, on the other hand, just greeted her with a small smile.

Sujeong did the same as she immediately sat down in front of them and started to check on the menu of the restaurant. 

"I heard you didn't go home the other day" Yeseul said in a worried tone, "Where have you been? Are you okay?"

"I slept at the dorms" Sujeong answered and smiled once again assuring them that she is indeed fine. As her mind processed the words 'the other day' and 'dorm', she immediately thought of Seungcheol. That thought made her smile even wider. Luckily, the two girls were also too engrossed in the menu.

The waiter took their orders and they were now waiting for it to be served.

"By the way, we'd have a new classmate as soon as classes resume." Sujeong informed them.

The two girls were so surprised that someone would still transfer into their school, not to mention another varsity player. Especially because there are only a few months left til their graduation.

"So is it a boy or a girl?" 

"It's a she" 

"I see" they both nodded, "We'll have to befriend her then"

"I just hope it wouldn't be hard" Sujeong sighed.

"It won't. You're good at this" Yeseul said, "Unless she doesn't talk like when we first encountered Dani...Come to think of it, Dani's been quiet again today. Hmm, What could have been the matter?"

"Ya!" Dani exclaimed, "You guys talk as if i'm not here at all"

"You're here?" Yeseul teased as Sujeong and her laughed their asses off making Dani throw sullen glances at them.

"Okay okay, I'm sorry. I just wanna know why you've been so quiet today" 

Dani pouted and lightly slapped both her cheeks twice, "It's too embarassing to say"

Sujeong and Yeseul looked at each other, already getting a clue on what it's about, "Is it about Vernon?" Sujeong asked.

Dani nodded.

"What happened?" Yeseul asked.

"He kissed me.."

"HE KISSED YOU?!!" They shrieked as Dani tried to tone them down.

"How? Just sudden?" Yeseul asked.

"It's just....It's a long story.."

Yeseul's eyes widened, "Why is it a long story? Oh my god, no matter how long it takes I'll have to listen to this! Tell me How, What, Where, and When?!"

Dani sighed, "Just after the prom, we met in a small cafe.....and I confessed to him"

"YOU DID???????? THE OH-SO-SHY-DANI DID??? That's way more surprising that Vernon kissing you"

"So he kissed you because you confessed?" Sujeong assumed.

"It's something along those lines"

"So you're together now?" Dani nodded, "So why are you being quiet?" Sujeong's eyebrows furrowed.

"The fact that we kissed....It makes me awkward around him"