Punishment

The Series In Our Finale

“I don’t know what would happen after this but I’ve gathered all my courage….and I’ve decided to man up before someone else does. Sujeong, Will you go to prom with me?”

She was taken aback.

“As much as I’d love to go to prom with you…..I-” she can’t even reason out.

I’m sorry, Wonwoo. I’d prefer Seungcheol to go to prom with me.

 I’d love to go to prom with Seungcheol.

I love Seungcheol.

She only had her head low.

“I know.. Seungcheol, right?” He smiled…sadly, “Why did I even ask” he chuckled.

He was hurt, of course, but it’s been obvious all this time. She didn’t even have to say it for him to know.

And it was his fault that he still persevered.

Sujeong bit her lip, “I’m sorry, Wonwoo”

Silence is the only thing that was heard in the room. Funny? Sad? Awkward? Nobody can describe the atmosphere. Maybe it was empty.

“H-hey, it’s okay” he laughed trying to remove the unknown atmosphere but she still remained silent. Instead, she dragged him into an embrace. He froze. If he had just let himself lose control, he might even melt to the ground, “I really am okay” he assured her as he drew circles on her back.

“Hey friend,  If you don’t wanna be awkward with me, you atleast should help me” he laughed and messed her hair, “Let’s go, now. Seungcheol is probably waiting for you. I saw him holding a bouquet of flowers just a while ago.”

Sujeong froze at the scene happening in front of her.

Seungcheol, with a bouquet of flowers……kneeling in front of another girl.

***

It’s Seungcheol’s and Vernon’s third bottle and they’re already at the peak of their stories.

“….I mean who the is she waiting for, right? I thought she already likes me Wow, I got so nervous this morning for nothing a ha ha hak hak—“ Vernon coughed.

“Girls are monsters” Seungcheol muttered, shaking his head, “I also thought she’s already having feelings for me. But in the end, it’s just me. I even boasted a lot in front of Jeon Wonwoo..ahh Jeon Wonwoo that er”

“Auntie, one more bottle!!” Vernon called.

“But why Kim Minkyung? Of all girls, why her? You like her too? She y?”

Seungcheol chuckled, “You know I only like Sujeong..” The younger rubbed his own arms to remove the goosebumps, “…And y my , It just happens that Kim Minkyung was the one who passed by”

“She might misunderstand your invitation”

“Uh uh no no” He shook his index finger in front of Vernon, “I already told her. Perhaps, she likes Jeonghan but Jeonghan also has a partner already. The cheerleader” Vernon nodded his head, his eyes were already a bit droopy.

“But you know, when I knelt in front of Minkyung, I think I saw Sujeong…”

“You’re just seeing things” Vernon chuckled, “And if she really was there, so what? She’s still going to prom with Wonwoo.”

“Right”

It’s Seungcheol’s fifth bottle already and Vernon was already wasted, sleeping on the table. They’ll just go home tomorrow….maybe

***

“I still can’t believe Seungcheol would do that” Dani shook her head as she caressed the sleeping Sujeong’s hair.

 “The first time I met him, I knew he was a jerk but as time went by, I thought maybe he wasn’t what I thought he was….BUT WOW I DIDN’T KNOW HE REALLY IS A JERK” Yeseul punched the pillow, “He needs to pay for making Sujeong cry!!”

“CHOI SEUNGCHEOL, YOU’RE A JERK!!” Yeseul screamed, wishing Seungcheol would hear her despite being in their own room.

Dani stood up and grabbed a wet tissue, “Sujeong wasn’t even able to wash her face.” She wiped the older girl’s face to clean it up, “She’s going to get pimples for it. Prom is just around the corner”

Ting!

Dani’s phone lit up, a message popping up. “Dani, you have a text message” Yeseul said as she reached for the phone.

From: Jihoon

Hi, you got time to text?

“Oh my god” Yeseul who was so pissed a while ago, exclaimed in delight, “It’s Jihoon!”

Dani’s eyes widened. She immediately snatched the phone from Yeseul and read the text.

“Reply!! Quick!!” Yeseul shook Dani.

“Okay, okay wait”

From: Dani

Yeah~ you got something to say?

 

From: Jihoon

This really isn’t something big but I just wanna ask if you already have someone to go to prom with? Would you like to go to prom with me?

“Oh my god he’s asking you to prom!!!” Yeseul shrieked, “Yah! He’s asking you to prom! Answer, Quick!!”

“I-I…..don’t know what to answer”

“It’s just a yes or no for heaven’s sake!!”

“I DON’T KNOW IF IT’S A YES OR NO!!!” Dani exclaimed shocking Yeseul.

The elder held her face and looked straight to her eyes, “Answer me, honestly. Do you like Jihoon?”

“I don’t know”

“Then do you like Vernon?”

“I don’t know”

“You’re helpless”

“I don’t know but I’m more comfortable with Jihoon—“  Yeseul wasted no time and grabbed Dani’s phone.

From: Dani

I’d love to

***

GET UP YOU SCUMBAG!”

He just got rejected  and now he’s a scumbag. Seungcheol opened his eyes and saw two figures. A guy whose face is still kissing the table and the other their basketball coach…

His eyes adjusted to the light and he finally went back to his senses.

“Do you know what time it is?! Do you know where you are?!” Their coach growled and whipped the table as the two of them jumped.

***

“We—We’re sorry, coach!” The two of them bowed. They are now in the office of their coach, their hair still messed up.

“You didn’t just skipped practice, and the morning run. You also embarrassed the team!! I’m so disappointed especially you!” He pointed at Seungcheol, “You call yourself a team captain? Team? CAPTAIN?!!” He was flaming with anger.

“I’m really sorry coach” he bowed one more time.

“AH WHATEVER! Tomorrow is prom day.. Everyone’s going home to take a break after that, Choi Seungcheol, You won’t be able to go home. You take care of the dorms until the day after that! You, Choi Hansol! You take over after that! Get it?!”

“Yes, Sir!”