Prom pt.2

The Series In Our Finale

"Seungcheol spoke to me. He told me everything" he spoke

He must have told him the reason. She thought, not wanting to know as it may just make her feel worse.

"He's waiting.."

Sujeong who was looking elsewhere looked up at him. She was very confused.

"He wants to dance with you.." Jun smiled.

He wants to dance with me? And what? Tell it to my face that he no longer likes me?

"Give me back to Wonwoo..." she said firmly and as she saw Seungcheol fast approaching them, she exclaimed, "Now!"

As much as Jun wants to make things between Sujeong and Seungcheol okay, he cannot force her. He respects her feelings and her decision to get back to Wonwoo. She is his bestfriend after all. He brought her back to their table, taking the opposite route from Seungcheol, but Wonwoo was nowhere to be found.

"Where's Wonwoo?" Sujeong asked Dokyeom who was constantly blabbering non sense s and Vernon who was staring blankly at the dance floor. Dokyeom stopped with his blabberings and replied, "He went for the comfort room, that is what i remember"

Sujeong, seeing Seungcheol from her peripheral view had her running towards the comfort room. She wanted to run to Wonwoo but she still saw nothing so instead, she rushed inside the female rest room in which Dani was in.

"Sujeong?" she asked, "What's the matter?" but the older rushed inside one of the cubicle and slammed the door. Dani was so persistent to know what happened until she heard muffled cries. She had no choice but to stay away, she knows she would feel better this way.

The younger was in deep thought while on the way back to the main hall when Vernon appeared in front of her which startled her.

"Don't worry, I won't ask you for a dance if that makes you that much uncomfortable" he assured her although he is already feeling a pang in his heart just by seeing her wrinkled forehead, "I just wanna get this off my chest."

He paused for a second, trying so hard not to lose his composure, "Dani, I really really like you....And it frustrates me. How I already told you more than once and you still act like....you still act like I don't even deserve a reply." he hit his own chest as if trying to calm his heart, "It hurts, Dani. It fu cking hurts my ego. I'm Choi Hansol, almost every girl likes me but why do i feel like I'm nothing in front of you....It but wow, I still like you, Dani. I still do"

His heart was beating so fast, his eyes are shaking. He knew tears are about to fall because Wow, she doesn't even react. She still doesn't care. She still fu cking doesnt.

"I won't even anticipate for an answer... I'll be leaving now. I hope you enjoy the night with Jihoon." And with that, he was gone.

"I finally found you" Jihoon giggled, "I thought you went home without a notice."

"Why would I?" she giggled too.

"What took you so long though? Don't you want to go back in? Do you want to go somewhere else? Tell me. Wanna sneak out?" 

Dani nodded her head, "The food inside "

"Right, I heard the food in the restaurant downstairs taste better. Do you wanna go? I bet there would be little to no customers at this hour"

The two, then, went downstairs and entered the said restaurant as they ordered the food they craved for. Since there were no other customers, the food arrived so fast so they wasted no time and dug in.

"It's much more delicious, isn't it?"

"Yeah~" she smiled genuinely. A strand of hair then fell from the little ponytail that she tied when her order arrived, stopping her from eating. She dropped her fork on her plate and was about to fix it when Jihoon tucked it in her ear. They were staring at each other's eyes. She was taken aback...especially when Jihoon's hand went to cup her cheeks....and his lips met hers.

She knew she likes Jihoon better than Vernon but she, surprisingly, doesn't feel anything. She closed her eyes to focus on Jihoon.

"I'm sorry... I don't care if you like me or not. I thought you would like me if I distanced myself a bit......but it was me who did" 

She kissed him back trying to shake the thoughts

"The thing that I said yesterday night" he breathed, "I was serious"

Her eyes opened. It was no use. All she sees is Vernon.

"I'm Choi Hansol, almost every girl likes me but why do i feel like I'm nothing in front of you....It but wow, I still like you, Dani. I still do"

"Jihoon" she pulled away, "I'm sorry"

Jihoon bit his own lip, "I-I'm sorry too.. I know it's too fast but I--

"No, no, it's me who has to apologize.. I'm sorry for kissing you back when I don't feel anything about you"

Jihoon stared at her, obviously taken by surprise.

"Jihoon, I.....I like Vernon"

****

"I wonder where the others are. They disappeared one by one" Yeseul replied when Mingyu asked about their classmates. It's already time for them to go home but half of the class D-12 went missing.

"Maybe they're enjoying their time now. Let's just not bother" he said calmly, "Your feet hurt a lot, doesn't it? I'll bring the car, you wait here, okay?"

"Alright"

Mingyu rushed to the parking area leaving Yeseul behind...together with a man wrapped up in a gray hoodie standing on the corner. Yeseul was patiently waiting for her ride when her eyes landed on the suspicious man. His face can't be seen but he was oddly familiar. She faked a cough trying to catch his attention, to have him look up.. and when he already did, she was overwhelmed with a lot of thoughts.

"Yeseul" he muttered

"Hoshi? What brings you here?" she asked as she walked towards him.

"It's late already, isn't it? so I'll go straight to the point...I just wanna....apologize. I-I'm sorry Yeseul.."

"Do you even know what you're apologizing for?" Her voice stiffened. Her expression was cold which has shaken Hoshi. He wasn't even able to do anything but stare, "Kidding! That was your litany, don't you remember? I just said what you said to me the last time we talked" she chuckled.

"You scared me" Hoshi sighed.

"Hah! Serves you right, you jerk"

"I even prepared everything that I'd say. Don't you want me to continue?"

"Do you prefer having a hard time before I accept your apology?" 

"Course not" A grin formed on his lips.

"See!" she guffawed.

"So are we back to being friends now?" Hoshi asked carefully.

"Huh? We weren't friends in the first place, don't you remember?" Hoshi looked at her in confusion, "We are each other's greatest rival! You know, Tom and Jerry?" 

"Oh right. I must have been out of my mind" The two laughed their off as Yeseul hugged him, "I missed bickering with you"

"I missed you too"

beep beep

The sound of car made the two pull away. Mingyu immediately went out of his car to be beside Yeseul as he asked, "What are you doing here?"

"Hey...uh..I just came to say sorry.....to the both of you. I know I was wrong."

Mingyu nodded in understanding as his hands went to Yeseul's waist, "I'm sorry for the punch too but man, you deserved it"

"I know"

"Then if you don't mind, we'll get going now."

"Alright, be careful on your way home"

"Don't worry, we will" he stated as he opened the door for Yeseul and went the other way to enter the car, himself.

*****