Chapter 7

Falling for forbidden

Yunho was sitting in a restaurant, his foot impatiently tapping against the floor as he sighed and took his phone out to take another look at the clock, which showed only 3 minutes more than it did the last time that he checked the time. The young man let out a sigh and he then rolled his eyes, leaning back in his chair and he then closed his eyes for a few seconds before opening them again. He was feeling angry. No, he was feeling beyond pissed off, because his father was late, like he usually was. Yunho didn’t even know why he though that his old man was going to show up on time and he then leaned forward, supporting himself on his elbow.

But the reason that his father was late wasn’t really what pissed Yunho off the most, he was so used to it that it didn’t bother him anymore. He and Jaejoong had plans for that day, to spend it together, to go out and have some much needed fun. It’s been a while since the last two had been out on a date alone, because Jaejoong was so busy with marking the exams, since the midterm was coming to an end. That meant, a lot of studying for Yunho and a lot of time making and then checking the exams for Jaejoong. So, because of that it had been quite a while since Yunho got to see his lover. The corners of his lips twitched a little bit as that word crossed Yunho’s mind.

Yes, he finally was able to call his professor his lover as well. After the day that Jaejoong confessed to him, Yunho couldn’t be happier and he was giving his best in all places of his life, because he wanted to be someone that Jaejoong could be proud to call his lover. However, his good mood soon disappeared and was replaced by annoyance and anger once again. That afternoon, Jaejoong was finally free and Yunho couldn’t be happier about it. However, his father just had to call him that day and tell him that he needed to see him. Yunho wanted to cancel his plans with his father, but since his old man said that it was serious, Jaejoong told him that it was okay. The older male knew that Yunho’s family was first, so even though he didn’t want to cancel his date with his student, he knew that it was for the best. Yunho, on the other hand, couldn’t disagree more. But since he didn’t want to be a brat again, in the end he decided to meet up with his father after all.

It made Yunho wonder why his father wanted to see him so badly. The two of them never really got along; as a child Yunho was much closer to his mother… if you could call it that way. Yunho never liked his parents, because they rarely showed any love for him, but if he would have to pick a favourite one; it would have to be his mother. She, at least, showed that she cared for him a few times. His father, on the other hand, never showed any emotion toward Yunho. At first, it made the young man upset. However, as he grew up, he kind of got used to his father’s cold side and just decided to accept the fact that his father would never show that he cared for him.

After a few more moments of waiting, Yunho’s father finally decided to show up and Yunho stood up immediately, bowing to his father as the older male came closer to his son and forced a small smile. “Hello, father,” said Yunho dryly, but wanted to sound somehow excited to see his own father. He knew how much it bothered the other one if he wasn’t respectful, so he decided to swallow his pride and he bowed again as his father greeted him back.

“Ah, Yunho,” said the older one and sat down, looking up at his son, who was still standing up and he frowned. “Why are you standing up for? Sit down, you’re starting to attract the unwanted attention from other people,” said the man harshly and Yunho quickly looked around, only then realising that people in the restaurant were looking at him.

“Yes, sir,” said Yunho immediately and sat down. He then took a sip of his drink and looked down, waiting for his father to say something, because he didn’t know what to do or say. However, because his father was just staying silent, Yunho was slowly becoming impatient and he decided to be the one to start the conversation. “You said that you wanted to see me? And that it is pretty important?”

The man looked up at his son and he slowly nodded, still staying silent. It was as if he was trying to tell Yunho something pretty serious, but didn’t know how to.  After a few more minutes of silence, Yunho’s father finally decided to speak up. “Yes, we need to talk, it’s been a while since we’ve last seen each other,” said the man and Yunho gave him a confused look. His father wanting to talk to him never meant anything good. “How have you been? Is the school going good?”

“Yeah,” said Yunho carefully, the frown between his eyebrows deepening. That was the first time that his father said something like that; it seemed like the man was trying to let him know that he was worried about him? Yunho too another sip of his drink and he sighed, knowing that that couldn’t be all. He knew his old man’s tricks, this wasn’t the first time that the other one was being awfully too nice to him. “What do you want?” asked Yunho quickly, not in the mood to be playing his father’s little games.

“Excuse me?” asked the man and pressed his lips together and Yunho knew that he just made his father angry. “Can’t I have, for once, an interest in your life? I mean I know I haven’t been the best father and-”

“No, you really haven’t,” said Yunho amused.

“You little-” started the older one, but then stopped and Yunho arched his left eyebrow, finding this to be very amusing. It wasn’t like his father to hold back when he would insult him, so this kind of reaction was new to Yunho and it really made him wonder. It really looked like his father was trying to tell him something quite important and Yunho had a horrible feeling that he wouldn’t like it. The man then clearing his throat, straightened himself up and then took a deep breath in, trying to remain calm. “Let’s just forget the past and let us focus on your future,” he then said, sounding composed again.

“Alright, I agree with you on this one,” said Yunho and then nodded. Just as his father was about to say something else, Yunho’s phone buzzed and the young man quickly unlocked the screen, smiling after seeing that he had just received a text from Jaejoong. Without even thinking twice, Yunho tapped onto the screen, to read the text.

Hi! I hope I’m not bothering you, since you’re in the middle of an important discussion with your father, but I was just wondering if you want to come over after you’re done talking with your father. I’ve marked all of the exams and now I’m feeling kind of lonely…

Yunho chuckled, not paying attention to his father whatsoever. It warmed up his body seeing that Jaejoong wanted to see him and of course he wanted to see Jaejoong as well. Knowing that Jaejoong was finally free, there was no way that Yunho was not going to visit his professor. He quickly replied to Jaejoong’s text, saying that he was going to come over as soon as it was possible. He then looked up and saw that his father was frowning and Yunho pressed his lips together.

“Was that your girlfriend?” asked the man.

“My boyfriend,” said Yunho calmly. He then watched how his father’s expression changed and he smirked. Yunho didn’t really get it why was the other one so surprised, Yunho had told his parents that he wasn’t interested in girls a long time ago. But of course, neither of them took the news too well and after that they forced him to go out on dates with girls even more. That finally stopped when he decided to move out and live on his own.

“Cut that out, it’s disgusting,” said the man and Yunho rolled his eyes. “You are going to marry a pretty, young woman from a wealthy family, we’ve been over this countless number of times. There’s no way that I’ll let my own son be in this kind of…relationship.

“I don’t give a about your opinion,” said Yunho and folded his arms. “You can’t control me forever, dad. You could do it in the past, but not anymore,” he said. “I tried my best to live up to your and mom’s expectations, but that led me nowhere. Now, I’m finally happy and with someone that really cares for me so-”

“Shut up!” snapped the man, gaining quite a few curious looks from other people in the restaurant. “This is exactly why I wanted to see you,” he then added and Yunho froze, leaning back in his chair. He was slowly getting the idea of what was going on and he didn’t like it at all. “This needs to stop, so you’ll come back home. Living on your own made this whole thing even worse. Not only that, but you’ll get married and make yourself a family.”

“Yeah, right,” said Yunho, trying to sound collected.

“There’s this girl that you need to meet,” started the older one and that was when Yunho had it enough, he just couldn’t handle being in the same place as his old man anymore. No matter how many times he tried to tell his father that something like wasn’t going to happen, the other one just wouldn’t understand it. “Her name is Hong Sungmi,” went on by saying the man and Yunho sighed. “Her family owns this country’s most successful companies and with a little of luck, we’ll be able to expand-”

“I’m not going to be with someone-”

“Oh, you will,” said the man. “If you won’t then I’ll cut you out of the family.”

Yunho’s eyes widened in shock and his heart fastened, he couldn’t believe what he was hearing. “So, you’re threatening me now?”

“Desperate times, call for desperate measures,” he said. “Our company lost a lot of money this year, so we need to do this… you need to do this for me, for our family. Once you’ll be married to her, then her father is going to loan me some much needed money and-”

“Married? Dad, I’m only 19 you can’t seriously expect me to get married!”

“Oh shut up, you’re going to be 20 in a few months, you’re old enough.”

“Are you even listening to you’re saying?” snapped Yunho and shook his head in disbelief. “I can’t marry someone that I don’t even know,” he said. “You don’t care about me or my future. All that you care for is money and your own future. Why is the money so important?!”

“Yunho, look-”

“I’m gay, dad!” yelled Yunho and heard how everyone in the restaurant suddenly went silent. Yunho’s heart started beating faster as he watched how shocked his father looked. Good, this was good. This was the first time that he saw his father look so embarrassed and Yunho scoffed. His father was ashamed of him. “No matter how much you want to change me, it won’t happen! If you want to cut me out of the family, then do it!” went on by shouting Yunho. The anger was boiling inside of him and he just couldn’t hold himself back; there was no way that he could do it. He had spent too many years of his life trying to gain his father’s love and now he was sick of it. He was done with being his father’s puppet. “I don’t give a about you… ah-!” started Yunho yelling again, but stopped when his father’s fist suddenly came in contact with his nose and Yunho let out a whimper of pain, which was followed by a feeling how something how started rolling down his face. Yunho touched his face and was surprised to see blood on his fingers.

“Get the out of here!” said the man, stepped closer to his son and grabbed the collar of Yunho’s shirt, bringing his face close to his own and Yunho clenched his fists, restraining himself from returning his father a punch. “Get out of my life!”

“I’ll be glad to do that, father,” spat Yunho into his father face, pushed him away and stormed from the restaurant, heading to the person he needed to see the most at that moment; Jaejoong.

As Yunho was walking to Jaejoong’s place, he was feeling terrible. Not only that he was furious by his father’s actions, but the man’s words hurt him as well. No matter how much he despised the man, he was still his father and Yunho couldn’t help but to still hope to get some recognition and act of love from his father. But now, he really knew that it was all over; his father didn’t want him in the family anymore. Not only his father, but his mother’s words were basically the same when he said to her that he wouldn’t change for them. He had absolutely no one in his family that he could trust anymore; he was basically alone now.

Yunho’s chest tightened at that and he took in a deep breath, shaking his head, trying to calm his racing heart down. He needed to see Jaejoong; he wanted to be with him as soon as it was possible. The need to see the other one was so big that Yunho couldn’t handle it anymore and he started running towards the place where Jaejoong’s home was. He knew that once he would see Jaejoong’s face that he was going to be alright; everything was going to be fine once he’d be with the older one. As he was running, his father’s words started echoing in his head and he let out a loud scream of desperation and anger. The fact that his own father said to get out of his life was eating Yunho alive. Before he never knew how much his father still meant to him. After this, his had finally realised that he still depended on the man too much, even though he didn’t want to admit it.

When he finally reached Jaejoong’s house, he ran up to the door and rang the doorbell. Because the other one didn’t open the door immediately, panic started kicking in and he suddenly felt alone. Why? Jaejoong invited him to stay over at his place, so why wasn’t he opening his door? Jaejoong would always immediately be there for him, so why now…? Yunho’s heart sunk to the pit of his stomach and he swallowed hard. He knew that Jaejoong probably didn’t hear the doorbell, but after what had happened with his father, Yunho just couldn’t control his emotions anymore and started knocking onto the door frantically; he needed to see Jaejoong. He needed Jaejoong to make things right.

“Jaejoong, open the door!” yelled Yunho as he was still knocking. He then finally heard fast footsteps that were coming closer and he immediately felt relieved. When Jaejoong opened the door, Yunho stepped inside and wrapped his arms around Jaejoong’s body. Since Yunho pulled too strong, Jaejoong lost his balance and landed onto the floor, Yunho laying on top of him.

“Yunho, what the-?” asked Jaejoong and let out a surprised whimper when his body reached the floor. He was about to say something, but Yunho’s arms were around him again and when his body was squeezed against Yunho’s, Jaejoong decided to be quiet. Yunho was visibly upset and he decided to stay still until the other one calmed down a little bit. Jaejoong’s arms wrapped themselves around Yunho’s body as well and the then gently ran one of his hands through Yunho’s hair, making the other one gasp and then pull back a little bit.

“God, I’m so sorry,” whispered Yunho after calming down a little bit. “I was just-”

“You’re bleeding,” whispered Jaejoong, his eyes widened when he saw the dried up blood on Yunho’s face. He gently reached up with his hand and touched Yunho’s cheek, making the younger one let out a small whimper of discomfort and Jaejoong chewed on his lower lip; what the hell had happened? He knew that Yunho had plans with his father that day and he was very well aware of the fact that Yunho didn’t get along with his father. So, the fact that Yunho was hurt was the man’s fault, wasn’t it? “What happened?” he then asked, his voice quiet and Yunho slowly climbed off of him, walking into the living room and he sat onto the couch, Jaejoong following him as well.

“My father,” was Yunho’s short answer and he looked down, not knowing what to say. He wanted to see Jaejoong so much before, but now that he was here, he wanted to leave.

“I know, but-” started Jaejoong and gently placed his hand onto Yunho’s thigh, making the younger male look up at him. “Do you want to talk about it?”

“Not in particularly.”

“But you’ll feel better when you-”

“I said I don’t want to talk about it, Jaejoong!” snapped Yunho and instantly regretted doing that. Surprised by Yunho’s reaction, Jaejoong quickly removed his hand from Yunho’s thigh and distanced himself a little bit, because he didn’t want to make the other one even more upset than he already was. Yunho’s heart fell when he saw that; great, just great. He didn’t want to sound that way. He didn’t mean to make Jaejoong look that way. Why was he acting like a brat again? Was it really that hard to trust Jaejoong? Yunho looked at the man, who was now looking away and he sighed. He wasn’t used to get help from other people, he was always alone. He built walls around him, so that he wouldn’t get hurt. And now those walls were the thing that was hurting him and Jaejoong.

“Then why did you come here?” asked Jaejoong, whose voice was cold.

“I’m sorry,” said Yunho and buried his face into his palms; god he was such an idiot. “I didn’t mean to snap at you like this, I really didn’t.”

Jaejoong sighed and nodded. “I know,” he said. “If you really don’t want to talk about it, then okay. But, it’ll be better if you-”

“My father said that he is going to cut me out from the family,” said Yunho with a small voice.

“He said that?” asked Jaejoong, quite shocked to hear Yunho said that. “But… but why? I mean, something must’ve happen between the two of you today. Why did he want to talk to you in the first place, if you don’t mind me asking?”

“I don’t mind,” said Yunho and sighed, leaning against Jaejoong’s body and he placed his head on top of his professor’s shoulder. “I told you that he said that he wanted to talk to me about something serious, right?” asked Yunho and Jaejoong nodded. “Well, it turns out that it was nothing important whatsoever, at least not for me. For him, on the other hand, it was. And it just proved him one thing; he really doesn’t care about me. He just cares about himself and his stupid money.”

Jaejoong let out a small sigh, his heart aching to see his lover in such pain. He wondered if he might be too pushy about it, asking Yunho what had happened. But if he wanted to help him, he first needed to know what had happened. “Don’t say that,” said Jaejoong and placed a soft kiss on top of Yunho’s head. “I’m sure he loves you, it’s just that he probably has difficulties expression how he really feels.”

“Yeah right,” scoffed Yunho and straightened himself up. “I would beg to different. Let me tell you why he really wanted to talk to me,” said Yunho and sighed, wondering if it was a good idea to let Jaejoong know what his father’s plan was. “My father’s business is not doing that good right now and he lost a lot of money. Well, his plan to get more money is for me to marry some millionaire’s daughter,” said Yunho and made a short pause, looking at Jaejoong, who didn’t look quite too happy about what he had just heard. “He wants to use me to get what he wants. When I told him how stupid his idea was, he threatened me.”

Jaejoong’s eyes widened when he heard that Yunho’s father wanted his son to get married… already? He swallowed thickly and felt his heart beating far too fast for his liking. He looked at Yunho, who was looking him back and he then turned around. Even though he didn’t want to say it out loud, he really disliked that man that Yunho had to call his father. That kind of a plan, if you could even call it that, made Jaejoong sick down to his stomach and his whole body tensed up. Yunho noticed that and gave Jaejoong a quick kiss.

“Don’t worry, I turned him down, obviously. There’s no ing way I’m getting married with someone else, when I have you,” said Yunho and Jaejoong forced a small smile.

“I know that, Yunho,” said Jaejoong, because that was what concerned him the least. “I’m just… speechless really,” he said. “Your father is demanding you to give up your life, basically, just to save his .”

“Yeah,” said Yunho. “When I told him that I have a boyfriend, he got pissed, you should see his face. But I don’t know why it still surprises him, I’ve already told him that I have no interest in women and yet he is somehow expecting me to marry one,” he said. “Then I yelled at him, made him even more pissed off and then the bastard hit me and… told me to get out of his life.”

Jaejoong heard how crushed Yunho sounded when he said that and that made his heart clench. “I’m sorry you had to go through something like that,” whispered Jaejoong and brought his face closer to Yunho’s, leaning in for another kiss. “Don’t think too much of his words, he’ll come around,” he said and made a short pause. “And if he won’t then you still have me in your life. I’ll always need you in my life, remember that.”

A small smile cracked Yunho’s serious expression and he leaned his forehead against Jaejoong’s. “Thank you, I needed to hear this,” said Yunho, placed his hand behind Jaejoong’s neck, their lips meeting in yet another kiss. “When he said that I felt so crushed and at that exact moment, I wanted to see you so badly, I knew that you would make things better.”

“Yunho…” whispered Jaejoong, his heart fastening. His eyes then travelled down, stopping at Yunho’s right cheek and he could see a forming bruise there. He gently touched it and then placed his lips over it, giving it a gentle kiss.

Yunho let out a small chuckle. “What in the world are you doing?”

“Kissing it better,” said Jaejoong simply, making Yunho’s smirk widen and he was glad about that. He would rather see Yunho smiling than being so troubled. “Does it hurt a lot?”

“It feels better now,” replied Yunho. He then placed his hands onto Jaejoong’s shoulders and gently pushed the older male back, making him lay down onto the couch. He then positioned himself on top of Jaejoong’s body and nuzzled his face into the crook of his lover’s neck, making Jaejoong let out a small sigh. “Can I stay over?” he then asked after a few more minutes of silence.

“Of course you can,” said Jaejoong and wrapped his arms around Yunho’s body, pulling him closer. As a small smile came upon Yunho’s face and his eyes fluttered shut, Jaejoong promised to himself that he would do everything that was in his power to keep Yunho from getting hurt again.

 He knew that Yunho got hurt by his family a lot and there was no way that Jaejoong was going to let that happen again.


Thank you all for subscribing and leaving comments, thanks for your support, it means a lot^^