Chapter 11

Falling for forbidden

 

Yunho was nervously pacing around the apartment, holding a new letter that was again from his mother and was of course addressed to Jaejoong again. Not even a week had passed since the last time when Yunho's mother tried to come in contact with Jaejoong and Yunho had had it enough, wishing that his mother would just know the limit and finally stop her harassing, but Yunho had a feeling that that wasn't going to happen at any time soon. Ever since the day that the first letter came, Yunho was constantly checking the mail, making sure that Jaejoong wouldn't see a new letter, just in case if a new one came. At first, Yunho thought that his mother gave up, but in the end his tactic paid off, because a new letter came after all.

 

Yunho made sure that he hid that letter from Jaejoong's eyes and now that he was finally alone he decided to open it up just to see what his mother wanted from Jaejoong this time. Yunho's heart started beating much faster and his grip around the letter tightened, feeling how both anger and anxiety started kicking in. He allowed himself a few more moments from actually reading the letter, because he somehow couldn't bring himself to do so.

 

What did his mother want this time; more threats and name calling, accusing Jaejoong of being something that he really wasn't? That was something that Yunho couldn't deal with; he couldn't handle his mother calling Jaejoong something that he wasn't, he just couldn't handle it. When it came to Jaejoong, Yunho couldn't keep his head cool, because he cared too much about him. He wanted their relationship to work out so badly and Yunho was prepared to do anything from someone tearing them apart.

 

Yunho exhaled and sat down, closing his eyes for a few moments, just to somehow mentally prepare himself for what he was about to read. He knew what was written in the letter, he knew it without even having to read it. In the previous letter, Yunho's mother gave Jaejoong a few days to break up with him, or else she would go to the principal. No actions were taken yet, but Yunho just had to wonder... would his mother really go to the principal and tell the old man everything? He knew that she was almost as horrible as his father, but would she really do something like that to her own son?

 

Yunho knew that a much easier solution for all of this was for him to change schools, to just go on some other college and continue there. That way, he would get a completely fresh start, without having to worry about someone finding out about him and Jaejoong. Even if people would find out, they wouldn't be able to do anything, since Jaejoong wouldn't be his professor. However, if he would do that, that would mean that he was running away again and Yunho was so sick of it. For once in his life, he was determined not to run away and just fight. He knew that he was pretty powerless against both of his parents, but he needed to try fight his own battles for a change, he wanted to prove to himself and to Jaejoong that he was a grown up already.

 

Another reason that was keeping Yunho away from changing schools was Jaejoong of course. If he was about to change schools at this point, he would be held back a year, which Yunho didn't want. He was so eager to catch up to Jaejoong, to make their positions equal as soon as it was possible, so being held back a year wasn't even an option. Plus, a school without Jaejoong around would be horrible and no matter how childish it sounded, those really were the main reasons that Yunho didn't want to go to other school. He was ready to fight and do everything that was in his power to prevent his parents from hurting the person that meant the most to him.

 

The young man then slowly opened his eyes, took the letter back into his hand and slowly opened it up, feeling his heartbeat fastening once again. He took in a deep breath and then finally started reading the letter.

 

Professor Kim!

 

It is me again and this time I won't be as polite as I was in the previous letter. It has come to my attention that you didn't obey my previous warnings and requests, which I must say that it came as a shock to me. I was even kind enough to give you a few days to break it off with my son and I have warned you, didn't I? You shouldn't play with me like this, it's a dangerous game that you're playing you dirty pig! And you don't even have enough courage to come and face me; you can't even reply back to my letters... I seriously don't get what my son sees in you.

 

Now, listen to me you poor excuse for a man, because I have had it absolutely enough. Because of you, the remaining part of our family had been completely destroyed. Not only that you completely destroyed my ex-husband, but you ruined my and Yunho's relationship and because of this you'll have to pay.

 

I am done waiting, tomorrow morning I'm going straight to the school's principal and there's nothing that you can do that will stop me.

 

I hope you burn in hell, you filthy bastard!

 

“, , ,” said Yunho to himself and after reading those last few sentences, his heart filled with even more anger and fear. He had never in his life been so angry with his own mother and all that he wanted to do was to go straight up to her and tell her to get out of his life. He knew that his mother was being serious this time and Yunho knew as well that the damage was already done, there was nothing that was keeping his mother from going to the principal and telling the man everything that she knew. Yunho knew that the man was going to believe her and his heart became heavy.

 

Yunho sighed, regretting his decision of not telling to Jaejoong about the letters. Just what the hell was he thinking? Did he really think that he would be able to do something intelligent for a change? In a week, he couldn't think of anything! He knew that he and Jaejoong probably wouldn't be able to do anything, but still... Jaejoong would know and at least prepare himself for what was going to happen. He screwed up again, didn't he? He wanted to keep Jaejoong from getting hurt so much and now he was going to end up hurting the man even more. Not only that Jaejoong was going to lose his job, but he was about to find out that Yunho had been lying to him and keeping things from his once again. Knowing how much Jaejoong hated that, Yunho knew that he was in a big amount of troubles.

 

Yunho shook his head and his heart sunk to the pit of his stomach. Why was being grown up so difficult? He just wanted to show to Jaejoong and to himself that he could handle things on his own, but in the end he just got burned. All that he did was prove that he was still a child, nothing but a mere spoiled brat and there was no point in denying it. At this rate, Jaejoong would dump him for sure; he couldn't do anything right. Feeling his eyes welling up, Yunho crumbled the letter and threw it against the wall, letting out a frustrated groan. Now what?

 

Then suddenly an idea popped into his mind; the plan that he thought of a few days ago, going out on a few days with that girl that his family was so keen on. Yunho knew that he was playing with fire, but that was all that he was left with. If he wouldn't do that, then all of it would be over. But going out with someone else, even though it was fake, felt wrong to Yunho, so wrong. He felt a knot forming in his stomach, but in the end he managed to push those feelings away. He then took his phone into his hand, found his mother's number and then called her.

 

As Yunho waited for his mother to pick up the call, he could feel his nervousness growing more and more by each passing second and when the woman finally decided to pick up, Yunho needed a few seconds before he started speaking.

 

“Hello, honey,” said the woman on the other side of the call and Yunho shuddered when he heard his mother's voice; it sounded really sweet and nice, which wasn't like her at all and Yunho couldn't help but to feel a little bit crept out by the whole thing. “Yunho, are you there? What is the matter, it isn't like you to call me.”

 

“H-hello mother,” started Yunho the conversation as he tried to remain as collected as it was possible, but that wasn't really working out for him at that point. He was really nervous; what if his plan wasn't enough and his mother was planning on hurting Jaejoong even though he would say that he'd go out with that girl. “Yeah, I know. This is exactly why I decided to call you. I mean, we don't talk as much as we used to and I kind of missed that,” he lied and then stopped talking, feeling a bit better after hearing his mother's chuckle.

 

“Oh, I see,” said the woman. “I miss talking to you too, son and you're right, it's been a while. However,” she went on by saying and the tone of her voice changed suddenly. “Whose fault do you think that is, honey? It's you who decided to distance from me and your father in order to be with your lover.

 

“I know mother and I am so sorry about that. I feel bad that he was the reason that we had that big fight, you know that I still love you, right?” asked Yunho.

 

“I guess,” she said. “But I guess you don't love me enough to break it off with him, do you?”

 

“Mom, I was thinking,” finally started Yunho, trying to ignore his mother's accusations, since he knew that that was bound to happen. “You know that girl that you and father wanted me to meet?”

 

“Yeah, what about her?”

 

“Well, I was thinking a lot about what you said, you know about my future and stuff. You said that this relationship that I'm now in, doesn't have a future and well, I guess you were kind of right. I mean he is a lot older,” started Yunho, having much difficulties with saying all of that. However, it was crucial for him to say all of that, to make his mother believe him. “Maybe I should just break it off with him and meet that girl.”

 

“What? Why would you suddenly change your-”

 

“L-like I said, mom, I gave it a lot of thinking,” said Yunho. He could tell that his mother was really confused and Yunho didn't know if that was a good thing or a bad one. But since he managed to make the woman so confused, maybe he could make her believe too? “I was just really stubborn back then and I just didn't want to listen to you because I wanted to prove a point? I don't know mom, but the more time that I spend with him, the more I know that it's just not going to work out. Plus, I can't really have a family with him, can I?”

 

“No, you can't sweety, you really can't,” said the woman and Yunho could tell that his mother was slowly believing his lies. That was good. “So, did you break up with him already?”

 

“Not yet, but I will do it today,” said Yunho and felt his heart tightening as those words left his lips. He felt absolutely horrible saying that, but he was reminding himself that that was what his mother wanted to hear.

 

“That's a good boy,” said the woman, pleased with her son's decision. “I guess you coming to your senses saved his as well.”

 

Yunho's heart fastened at that, because he knew what his mother was talking about. “Huh? What do you mean by that?”

 

“Well, I was planning on going to your principal tomorrow and tell him everything. You know, I can still do that and make him lose his job. Who knows what he'll do if you two break up. Those kind of people are the worse; he was just using you, you know that?” said the woman, making Yunho's anger reappear once again.

 

“O-oh,” said Yunho. “N-no, you don't need to do that, he won't do anything to me. I'll make sure to put him in his place if he tries to do anything weird. And if he won't listen, then I'll go to the principal myself. Don't worry about me, mom I can handle it.”

 

“Okay, if you say so,” said the woman. “Your father will be so glad to hear this. You know what, I need to go now, but I'll call you later, okay? Then we'll make plans for you to meet her.”

 

“Sounds good, mom. Bye,” said Yunho and ended the phone call.

 

He then leaned back and closed his eyes, feeling weight lifting off of his chest. He couldn't believe it that his plan could actually work. His mother believed his lies, which was awesome. And what was even more awesome was the fact that his mother wasn't going to go to the principal. He had bought himself a little bit of time to figure things out. Even though he said all those horrible things about Jaejoong, which he of course didn't mean, it paid off in the end.

 

“Our relationship doesn't have a future?” suddenly said a voice and at that right moment, Yunho's heart sunk.

 

Jaejoong? When did he come home? Yunho could have sworn that he was alone the entire time that he was talking to his mother over the phone. Was he so lost into the conversation that he didn't hear the other one coming in? Yunho slowly opened his eyes and saw Jaejoong standing in front of him, who was still wearing his jacket. So, it wasn't long since the other one came back.

 

When Jaejoong came back home that day, he heard that Yunho was talking to someone over the phone, so he decided to be quiet since he didn't want to bother him. But when he overheard the conversation and realised to who Yunho had been talking to that was when Yunho's words crushed him completely. He couldn't understand it; was Yunho being serious? Why would he say all of those horrible things to his own mother?!

 

Jaejoong's eyes welled up, it didn't matter if Yunho was being serious or not. Just hearing something like this coming from Yunho's mouth was enough to leave Jaejoong completely heart broken and he didn't even try to hide his tears from Yunho. The younger one's eyes widened when he saw tears rolling down Jaejoong's face and he quickly shook his head, trying to make the other one realise that what he was saying wasn't true. He didn't mean to make Jaejoong cry, he didn't mean to hurt him.

 

Jaejoong bit his lower lip to prevent it from trembling and he stepped back a bit when Yunho came closer to him. “You'll put me to my place?” asked Jaejoong, his voice shaking terribly. “Why can't we be a family?” he asked and shook his head. “Y-you don't even know her... why will you go out on-”

 

“You got it all wrong, Jaejoong,” said Yunho quickly. “God, I need you to listen to me, please,” he said and shook his head, his heart breaking when he saw the state that Jaejoong was in. He had no idea that the man could look so vulnerable, he really did look as if he could break down at any second. “There were letters... my mom threatened you... I didn't mean.. god, I am so sorry. None of that what I said is true. I needed to buy some time... I-” started stuttering the younger one. He was so lost that he couldn't form even a coherent sentence.

 

“I don't care,” said Jaejoong louder and pushed Yunho away when the other one tried to hug him. He needed to go away from Yunho, as soon as it was possible. He couldn't believe it; he got burnt again. He just got over the past relationship and was finally able to trust another person enough to fall in love with. And now, his heart got broken again. “Leave me alone, Yunho. Get out!”

 

“No,” said Yunho and tried to hug Jaejoong again, this time being successful. As Jaejoong was still trying to free himself from Yunho's embrace, the younger one pinned the older one against the wall, trapping him between his own body and a wall, in attempt to make Jaejoong listen to him and finally stop struggling. “Please, I need you to listen to me... I'm begging you, I need to make you understand,” said Yunho and tears started gathering in his eyes when Jaejoong covered his ears, trying to block out whatever Yunho was going to tell him.

 

“Go away. You said it yourself that our relationship doesn't have a future,” said Jaejoong. He then buried his face into his palms and a loud sob left his mouth. “T-then what are you waiting for? Break up with me, throw me away... just like Shiwon did. I don't n-need anyone,” he said and at that moment Yunho let his tears fall as well. “I can't believe it, it happened again. W-what am I doing wrong? Why would you say all that to your mother, y-you know what-”

 

“Don't cry, Jaejoong, I'm begging you stop crying,” whispered Yunho and forced a kiss from Jaejoong. “My mom was sending letters to your apartment... she was threatening you to go to the principal and tell him everything,” said Yunho. “I hid the letters from you, sorry. I know that I shouldn't have, but I did and I am really sorry. I tried to buy some time, so I called her and lied about us breaking up and-”

 

“I know about the letters, Yunho!” snapped Jaejoong. “She sent them to my office as well!”

 

“I-I,” started Yunho, but nothing came out. Why didn't Jaejoong say something, if he knew about the letters? Wait... he was doing the same thing. “Why didn't you-”

 

“Because I didn't want to make you worried, you had enough on your plate already,” said Jaejoong and shook his head. “I tried to handle it on my own, I was going to handle it on my own, but-”

 

“So you understand what I was trying to-”

 

“No,” said Jaejoong and wiped his tears away. He kind of got the idea what Yunho was trying to do, but it still hurt hearing those words coming out of Yunho's mouth. He knew that he didn't mean it, but Jaejoong somehow couldn't bring himself to forgive Yunho just yet. He had been hurt so much in the past that if someone showed any signs of hurting him, he would always distance himself from that person, even though the other one would apologise to him. To Jaejoong, it was really difficult to forgive once he was this hurt. “I know that you were only trying to help, but you shouldn't have done something like that. You should have told me that you found out about the letters. Why do you always do this? Why do you always try to figure things out on your own?! Now you only got yourself into a much bigger mess.”

 

“I know, Jaejoong, do you think that I'm that thick?” snapped Yunho, his sadness being replaced by panic, since the older male didn't quite understand his true intentions. “I just wanted to buy us enough time, to figure things out.”

 

“Us?”

 

“Fine, then I tried to buy some more time for me, but you have to understand it why I had to do what I did,” said Yunho and shook his head. His heart started beating faster again; what if he couldn't make Jaejoong understand... then what? “I wanted to prove myself to you that I could do things on my own; that I can handle problems on my own without having to ask for your help. I'm sorry I know that it was a childish thing to do, but I... I wanted to protect you, I never meant to hurt you by going out with her.”

 

“Oh really? Even though you had no real intentions of dating her, do you think that I would be happy hearing that you still went out with her?!” snapped Jaejoong once again and pushed Yunho away, but the younger one was quicker once again and he ended up pinning Jaejoong against the wall once again. “Let me go! I can't deal with you right now.”

 

Jaejoong didn't get it; why wouldn't Yunho for once share his problems with him?! He knew how hard it must've been on Yunho, but still... why wouldn't the other one depend on him more? This was so frustrating for Jaejoong and at that moment he really saw Yunho as a child. However, Jaejoong understood that he shouldn't only blame Yunho for that; Yunho was just showing his real age. And yet... he still couldn't bring himself to forgive him. Jaejoong sighed, knowing that he needed to get away and be alone for some time. If he would stay with Yunho, he knew that things would probably get even worse.

 

“Jaejoong, please,” whispered Yunho and pressed his body against Jaejoong's. “Please forgive me. I didn't mean to hurt you, I love you so much. You know that, right? I'm so in love with you and if you ever were to leave me then-” started Yunho, but was stopped by the older male, who gently placed his finger on top of his lips.

 

“I know that you do. I love you as well, but,” started Jaejoong and looked down. “Knowing that you were willing to date someone else behind my back, even though it wouldn't be real... it hurts Yunho,” said Jaejoong, whose lower lip started trembling once again. “You should have told me about your plan before calling your mother. That way it would've been easier to forgive you. But...”

 

“T-then what d-does that mean? Is it over?” whispered Yunho, his voice barely audible.

 

“No,” said Jaejoong, shaking his head. “I just need some time to think about it. It would be for the best for you to-”

 

“Go?” asked Yunho and his heart broke when Jaejoong nodded. Not wanting to make the situation even worse, Yunho quickly collected some of his things and left Jaejoong's apartment, heading to Changmin after calling him and his friend was more than glad to help.

 


 

A couple days later

 

Yunho was sitting in the middle of the class, feeling sorry for himself and wasn't even listening to the professor. A few days had passed since he and Jaejoong had a fight and Yunho was feeling miserable as ever. The other one wouldn't return his calls and in the end, Yunho decided to leave him be for a change. Since it was clear to him that the older one didn't want to see him, Yunho decided to skip the classes which Jaejoong was having. If being with him made Jaejoong uncomfortable, then it was for the best that Yunho was avoiding him.

 

His parents, on the other hand, were more than thrilled by his decision and were already arranging the day for the date. Yunho couldn't care less, but he somehow pretended to be interested, since he still wanted to keep his mother of going to the principal, which she probably would do if she was about to find out that he was lying to her. Yunho then just sighed and looked at Changmin, who gave him a compassionate look. The other one kind of got the idea what is friend was going through and he somehow wanted to make Yunho feel better about the whole situation.

 

Yunho then took his phone from his pocket, just to see if he received any new messages, but unfortunately that wasn't the case. He had no missed calls nor texts from anyone and that made his bad mood even worsen. Why wouldn't Jaejoong even reply back? In the end, he decided to send a few more texts to Jaejoong, because he was really desperate.

 

'Hi Jaejoong, it's me again. I know that you have a free period right now, so I'm sure that you are reading this now. I just want to say, again, that I am really sorry. You know that I love you, I would never hurt you like this, I am so sorry.'

 

'I miss you... please let's just talk. I miss hearing your voice and seeing your face. God, this is so frustrating, why can't you see that I was just trying to help you, I had no intentions of hurting you.'

 

'Jaejoong, please.'

 

'I love you.'

 

Since the other one still wouldn't reply back, Yunho just locked the screen of his phone and placed it next to his text book, looking around the lecture hall, realising that none of the students were actually listening to the old man, who was in front of the white board, trying to explain why was their country's economy worsening every year. Yunho sighed again and then looked at Changmin, who yawned, making Yunho let out a small chuckle. He then sighed again and tried his best to listen to his professor. A few minutes later, Yunho's phone suddenly buzzed, letting him know that he received a new text. Yunho's heart started beating faster when he saw Jaejoong's name written on the screen. Finally! But when he saw what Jaejoong had written, Yunho's body froze and his eyes widened.

 

'After your next period is over, go to the principal. He said that he needed to speak to you.'

 

“P-principal?” whispered Yunho to himself and his body started shaking. Why would the man want to speak to him? Did his mother go to him?! But she promised that she wouldn't! Yunho quickly tapped the reply button and started typing Jaejoong back.

 

'Why does he want to see me?'

 

'I don't know, he didn't say the reason.'

 

'Did he look angry? What about you, did he say something to you?'

 

'No. He only wishes to speak to you.'

 

'Jaejoong... what if my mom went to him and told him about us?'

 

'Don't worry about that, Yunho. Don't panic either, everything is going to be already, weather he knows it or not.'

 

'Jaejoong, I'm so sorry.'

 

'It's okay.'

 

After that Yunho stopped sending Jaejoong texts, because his fear was rising. He knew that his mother must've gone to the principal and tell him everything, why would the old man suddenly want to speak to him?!

 

“It's over.”