Chapter 16

Falling for forbidden

 

A few days later

A few days had passed since Yunho had last seen Sungmi and he somehow thought that the girl gave up, since she stopped harassing him at school and he kind of hoped that she realised that he was right. So because of that, he and Jaejoong finally had some peace after a long time and the young man was more than happy and he decided to enjoy it. Knowing his luck, he knew that it probably wasn’t going to last and something or someone would soon do something that would interrupt his happiness and peace. He tried not to think like that-

He was currently walking around the university since it was his free period, but he didn’t know where to place himself. His friends had classes and he considered going to Jaejoong, but he then remembered that the man wasn’t free as well and Yunho frowned. In the end, he went outside the university and sat down onto one of the benches, closed his eyes and tried to clear his thoughts a little bit. A day before, he filled in all of the needed papers for the new semester in the new university that he was going to attend and the people working there were more than happy to see that he was transferring there after seeing who he was.

He knew that he couldn’t hide the fact that he was changing schools from the current principal and he could only hope that the man wasn’t going to go around asking his parents why he had suddenly decided to change schools. Yunho did tell him that he didn’t need to worry and that his parents knew about his plan, saying that a little bit of a change was going to be good for him. But at the same time, Yunho didn’t know if the old man bought his lies or not. That made his feel a little bit anxious, but Jaejoong made sure that he was calm and prevented him from doing something stupid, which was what he always did when something wasn’t going a his planned it to go.

So, as he was thinking about his future and new school, he saw someone at the entrance of university and as the person started coming closer to him, Yunho realised quite quickly who it was; Sungmi. The young man rolled his eyes and then shook his head, he knew that it was too easy. There was no way that someone like Sungmi was going to give up so soon. God, Yunho hated people like her and he knew that she meant trouble. His heartbeat sped up as the other one came closer to him and Yunho frowned after seeing the wide smile on Sungmi’s face, not liking t at all. She was up to something; Yunho could tell.

“Yunho, hi!” she greeted the young man happily and Yunho’s frown only deepened when the other one sat down next to him. Because Yunho didn’t want to do any more damage, he just politely smiled back and then took his phone out, in order to let the other one know that he wasn’t in the mood for talking. However, Sungmi of course ignored that and started talking. “Long time no see, huh? So, how have you been?”

“Hi, Sungmi,” said Yunho in the end and put the phone back into his pocket and then finally looked at the girl, who still had that stupid smile on her face. “Why are you here? Didn’t I tell you that I don’t want to do anything with you anymore? It’s over Sungmi, you ed it up. If you wouldn’t be so-”

“Oh, zip it,” said Sungmi and then rolled her eyes. She then leaned back against the bench and her smile widened, which only left Yunho feeling more creeped out. What the hell was she trying to tell him?!

“So you have a free period right now?“

“Obviously,” stated Yunho and rolled his eyes. “Why do you care?”

“Great,” she chirped and clapped with her hands, forcing herself to look excited, but Yunho could tell that something was off about her. “I am on my free period right now as well.”

“Well, isn’t that a surprise,” said Yunho dryly and smirked when he saw that her comment insulted Sungmi. He didn’t even know it why she looked so upset after that, but it didn’t matter to him anyway. Yunho knew that it sounded mean and rude, but he really didn’t care. After how she had been acting towards him, she deserved it; was what Yunho decided on.

“We can go catch a few drinks, the bar is just around the corner,” she said happily and stood up, offering her hand to Yunho, who obviously didn’t take it. “Come on, I’ll introduce you to my friends, it’ll be fun.”

“No,” said Yunho firmly and shook his head. “No way.”

“Then I’ll tell your mother that you don’t want to date me,” was what Sungmi said and those words worked like a cold shower on Yunho. His eyes widened and fear started spreading throughout his whole body. Was she threatening him? His heart started beating faster as her smiling face turned into an angry one. Oh, she definitely knew something. Did his mother tell her about him and Jaejoong?

“Fine, then tell her,” said Yunho, trying to pretend like he didn’t care. “Why would I care?”

“Oh yeah, yeah you’re right. I should give you a bit more motivation, huh?” she said and Yunho pushed his lips together. “Then what if I tell your mother that you’re still with that professor… Professor Kim, I suppose is his name?”

“How do you know-?” blurted out Yunho, but then stopped himself by placing his palm against his mouth and he then swallowed thickly. He knew that he shouldn’t have said that because the victorious smile on Sungmi’s face was enough to let Yunho know that the other one knew everything. He could feel how his whole body started shaking and he rubbed his palms together, which suddenly became really sweaty. At that exact moment he was sure that the time had stopped and he could feel that he was beginning to be sick. No, no, no. Things were going so well, why did everything have to be so unfair? And how exactly did Sungmi know that they were together? Because Yunho wanted to stay collected he somehow managed to shrug it off and he then looked away. “I-I have no idea what you’re t-talking about. I-”

“Yunho, I’m not stupid,” said Sungmi and shook her head. “I know all about you and Professor Kim.”

“S-Sungmi, I really d-don’t know what you’re talking about. I…It’s true that I and Professor Kim are close to each other, but that’s because we’re friends. He was my tutor when my grades were really bad and during that period of time we kind of grew close. B-But that’s-”

“I saw the two of you kissing, Yunho!” shouted Sungmi and shook hear head. “I can’t believe it, why do you have to lie all the time?! I know that the two of you are still together even though your mom said that you’ve broken up with him!”

“So you’ve been talking with my mother about this?!” snapped Yunho and got onto his legs.

“Well, how do you think she found out in the first place about the two of you?” asked Sungmi and her smile grew when she saw how shocked and confused Yunho looked like. Yunho’s heart froze when those words left Sungmi’s mouth; Yunho couldn’t believe it… it was Sungmi all along! It was her fault that they were in this mess in the first place. Just why the hell would she do something like that?! They didn’t even know each other back then, so why?! “Oh yeah, it was me who told her,” she then went on by saying. “Why are you so surprised?”

“Mine and Jaejoong’s relationship is none of your business,” said Yunho and tried to calm down his shaking body. He knew that he needed to control his emotions or else. He didn’t want to snap at Sungmi as he did the other day. “W-why would you tell my mom?! We didn’t even know each other when that happened. I don’t understand, why-”

You didn’t know me, but I sure knew you. Your mother told me that something was holding you back from dating me and she asked me to figure it out; it didn’t take so much time,” said Sungmi. “When I told her, she was so proud of me and she told me that she’ll make sure that you’ll want to get with me… I kept my end of the deal and so did she, or so I thought. I’ll tell her that you’re still with your professor and then you’ll be forced to end the relationship. He will lose his job, do you want this?! If you’re smart break up with him and start going out with me!”

“You’re ing crazy,” said Yunho under his breath, but it was loud enough for Sungmi to hear it. Yunho really didn’t know what her plan was anymore. Did she really think that threatening him will work again? His mother tried this method and it didn’t work. Of course it made him kind of anxious, because he didn’t know if she really meant what she said or not, but at the same time he didn’t care anymore. He didn’t want to hurt Jaejoong anymore, so there was no way that he was going to do something stupid again as keeping secrets from him. He learned it the first time, so if she wanted to tell his mother, then so be it. Besides, a week later he wouldn’t be even the official student of this university, so he really didn’t care.

“I am not the one who’s screwing an old man!” she snapped and threw her purse at Yunho, who dodged it. “How dare you say that to me, you don’t even know me?! I worked so hard to get to where I am today and I will not bare to hear it from my mom that I am a failure again; I’ve been listening this my entire life. I will make this relationship work!” started yelling the girl and tears started streaming down her face. “You don’t know how hard it is to listen to your parents telling you everyday what a failure you are.”

“You don’t think I know how that is?” asked Yunho and shook his head, finally realising why Sungmi was trying so hard to win him over. It seemed like her parents were even worse than his and he then sighed; just why did money and success have to be so important to some people?! “Listen, Sungmi… I know how painful it is for your own parents to say this to you; I’ve been listening to this throughout my entire life as well. I’ve never been good enough, even though I’ve been on top of the class with grades or other things… it was never enough.”

“I just wanted to make my mother proud for a change,” said the girl and then sat down, wiping her tears away. “For once, I wanted her to look at me with pride in her eyes.”

“That’s good and all, but you have to remember that this is your life, not theirs,” said Yunho and sat down beside Sungmi. When she looked at him, he distanced himself a little bit from her and then sighed. “I tried to be the best for them as well, but I had it enough one day, so I decided to leave and believe me, it was my best decision I’ve made until now.”

“It’s not fair,” said Sungmi and then looked at Yunho, who looked rather uncomfortable. She then bowed her head down in embarrassment and sighed, knowing that she’s been acting like a crazy person the past few weeks. She knew that it was a horrible thing to do when she told Yunho’s mother about him and Jaejoong, but she couldn’t help it even though the guilt had been eating her alive. She knew that it wasn’t fair of her to be ruining Yunho’s or Professor Kim’s life, but at that moment she just acted on impulse and the results of her actions were horrible.

“I know that it isn’t fair,” said Yunho and shrugged. “But that’s life for you, I guess.”

“It seems like you’re the only one who understands me,” said Sungmi and rubbed her puffy, red eyes and then sighed, looking away and she then shrugged, not knowing what to do or say. “I really thought that we could be together, you seem like a nice guy to be honest. But of course you have to be taken and not interested in me.”

“To be fair, I’ve never been interested in women,” said Yunho and shrugged. “Plus, would you really marry someone that you don’t really love?” asked Yunho and sighed. “I mean sure you can say now that you hope that we could be together and stuff, but to be honest you don’t really know me. Would you be really happy with something like that? Don’t you think that you’d regret it later in life?”

“It worked for my mother and father,” she stated stubbornly. “Y-yeah it’s true that we don’t know each other. But maybe I would be able to fall in love with you after the wedding, who knows.”

“You can’t be serious,” said Yunho and shook his head not really believing that Sungmi would go that far just to make her parents happy. He kind of felt sorry for her, but at the same time, he didn’t really care. He understood her position, he was once there. But he managed to get out of that environment and it was the best decision that he was ever made. She could do the same! “Stop thinking about your parents and tell me what you’d like to do.”

“I don’t know,” said Sungmi and shrugged. “I just want to be happy without hurting my parents. I really want them to be proud of me, especially my mother. Can’t you just try falling in love with me?”

“Sungmi, love doesn’t work this way. It’s really selfish of you to expect someone to fall in love with you,” said Yunho and then his eyes widened, because he remembered having this kind of conversarion with Jaejoong once, when he was begging the man o fall in love with him. He didn’t understand it then what was the other one trying to tell him, but Yunho finally understood it now. So what did that tell about him?! Yunho was now judging Sungmi, but just a few months ago, he was trying to do the same!

“Yunho, please,” she sobbed and threw herself around Yunho’s neck, burying her face into the crook of Yunho’s neck.

The young man’s body stiffened up and he started nervously looking around, trying to free himself from her grip. In the end, he awkwardly placed his hand on top of her head and patted her a few times. “There, there,” he said and then rolled his eyes when she started sobbing harder. Yunho sighed and leaned back, trying to somehow get her off of him, but he wasn’t really successful at that.  After a few more moments of silence, an idea popped into his mind that would probably cheer her up, since he was really tired of listening to her crying. “Hey, Sungmi,” started Yunho and then stopped for a few moments when the other one lifted her head. “I’ve changed my mind about those drinks, do you still want to go?”

“Do you really mean it?” she asked carefully.

“Yeah,” he said and forced a smile on his face, hoping that she wouldn’t see that eh was kind of forcing himself to do so.

“Okay,” she said, her mood suddenly changing and Yunho shook his head, only then realising it that the tears were probably just a way to get him to agree to catch a few drinks with her. But since a promise was a promise, he decided to grit his teeth and go with her. He had no idea what kind of person she was honestly, one moment she looked really sincere, but at the other one she changed into a completely different person, which really made Yunho wonder. Would she keep her big mouth shut about him and Jaejoong still being together or not?!


Later that day

It was already late into the afternoon and Jaejoong had just finished with classes for that day. It had been a long day, so he was more than happy to be returning back home and his good mood only grew, because he knew that Yunho was probably waiting for him at home. With a huge grin of his face, the man walked into his office and collected most of his things, before heading to his car and driving home.

As he was driving towards his apartment, his thoughts were still with Yunho. The next week was going to start the new semester and the other one was going to transfer onto another university. Jaejoong was more than happy that they accepted Yunho, but he still didn’t know what to think about the whole thing. It seemed like a good idea that the other one was changing schools, but at the same time since Jaejoong was going to miss seeing Yunho’s face during his classes. Classes with Yunho was one of the reasons why he loved his job, but now, he didn’t know anymore. It was going to be boring without him around.

Realising how childish his thoughts were, he chuckled and then shook his head. Well, it didn’t matter anyway since they were practically living together and even though Yunho was still searching for a new apartment, it was kind o clear that he probably wasn’t going to move out. Yunho was still officially living with Changmin, but the young man spent all of the days with Jaejoong and the man didn’t mind it at all. He kind of wished that Yunho wouldn’t even find a new place. In fact, what Jaejoong would’ve preferred was if the two of them found a new and bigger apartment… together. Jaejoong smile widened at that thought and his heart fluttered with joy, his face heating up. God, it was scary how much the other one meant to him.

When he finally reached his apartment, he parked his car and then headed straight to the door, excited to see Yunho. Since he was expecting the other one to be there waiting for him, he was kind of surprised to see that the lights were switched off and when he tried to open the door, it was locked, which was weird as well. Wasn’t the other one there then? Jaejoong’s heart sunk at that realisation and he sighed. Yunho hadn’t texted or call him that day at all, so he was expecting him to be at his apartment, but now he wasn’t so sure anymore.

Jaejoong then unlocked the door and stepped inside, his face brightening as soon as he saw Yunho laying on his bed and it seemed like the other one was asleep. The man chuckled and then locked at the door as quietly as it was possible. He then took of his jacket and shoes, before walking to his bed. Since he didn’t want to wake the other one, he climbed on top of his bed painfully slowly and then laid down next to his sleeping lover.

Yunho’s sleeping face never failed to make Jaejoong’s heart melt, so he really couldn’t hold back a smile as he scooted closer to Yunho and he then buried his fingers into the younger male’s hair. Yunho didn’t wake up at that, but he let out a small sigh and he then moved his head a little bit, making Jaejoong let out yet another chuckle. At times like that, Yunho was beyond adorable and Jaejoong just couldn’t stop himself from leaning down and pressing a few feather light kisses on top of Yunho’s forehead. As he did that, Yunho’s eyes slowly opened and a lazy smile came upon his face.

“Hi, you’re finally back,” muttered Yunho when he saw Jaejoong and he then looked around the apartment, his eyes widening when he saw what was the time already. It appeared that he had fallen asleep while he was waiting for Jaejoong. Because Yunho was too lazy to get up, he grabbed Jaejoong’s wrist and pulled the man on top of him. “How was your day, professor?” asked Yunho as his hand travelled down Jaejoong’s back and then stopped on the man’s backside.

Jaejoong’s smirk widened when the younger male did that and he then connected their lips a few times, before answering. “It was long,” said Jaejoong and then yawned, placing his head on top of Yunho’s chest and he then looked up. “How about yours? You look tired as well.”

“It was good. Honestly, I didn’t do much,” said Yunho and chuckled when Jaejoong started showering his chest with small kisses. “Oh, I ran into Sungmi together. Well, she sort of found me, I don’t know… it was weird.”

“Sungmi?” asked Yunho and then sighed, because he had finally thought that she stopped bothering Yunho. “What did she want this time?”

“I met her in front of the university and she invited me to go out with her again, but I of course turned her down. She then started threatening me, she said that she knew about the two of us,” said Yunho calmly and Jaejoong was surprised about that.

“She knows about us?” asked Jaejoong surprised. “How does she-”

“She caught us kissing sometime, I guess. She is also the person who told my mother that we are together in the first place” said Yunho and then sighed. Jaejoong’s body stiffened up a little bit at that and he could feel annoyance kicking in again.  He should’ve known that it was her as soon as Yunho said that she was also attending the same university. “She then went on by saying that she will tell my mom that we’re still together and how you’re going to lose your job. But, she then had a change of heart again and she started talking about her parents, which honestly seem a lot worse than mine. In the end, I ended up feeling sorry for her and we went out on a few drinks.”

“You went out with her?” asked Jaejoong carefully and straightened himself up, supporting himself on his elbow and he looked at Yunho’s eyes. He didn’t know how to feel about hearing that. “Where did the two of you go?” he went on by asking and Yunho sighed when he saw the troubled expression on Jaejoong’s face.

“We just went to that new bar that is behind the university,” said Yunho and then shrugged. “I ended up having a lousy time anyway; I had to listen to her yapping about her parents for almost two hours. She then invited me to karaoke, but I turned her down and came here. After that… I ended up falling asleep while waiting for you. I guess listening to her made me tired as hell.”

Jaejoong chuckled when he heard that and he then nodded, placing his head back down on top of Yunho’s chest and he smiled after hearing the other male’s calm heartbeat. “I’m just a bit worried that she’s going to tell your parents about us. Aren’t you?” asked Jaejoong then, because it did make him worried, since he knew what kind of person the girl was.

“I am, to be honest,” said Yunho, his heart squeezing at that thought; they were so close to succeeding so his parents finding out about them at this point would be disastrous. But at the same time, Yunho was more than tired of the whole hiding and playing games. “But you know what, I won’t do anything about it, because I am more than tired of this. I can’t do anything about that; I tried ‘going out’ with her, but she is impossible… I can’t handle her. Sorry, I know that I’m being selfish now.”

“No, no… I agree with you,” said Jaejoong and shrugged. “I didn’t like those fake dates anyway.”

Yunho then smiled and squeezed the man tighter to himself, causing Jaejoong’s smile to widen as well. The man started planting kisses all over Yunho’s chest again, but this time, he left trail of kisses leading upwards, towards Yunho’s neck and the younger male buried his fingers deep into Jaejoong’s hair, making him gasp from the sudden sensation. Jaejoong then moved up a little bit, positioning himself between Yunho’s legs and Yunho wrapped his arms around his professor’s waist, pulling him down for a few soft, but sweet kisses. After that, the two of them parted away and Jaejoong let out a small sigh as he kept on looking down onto his young lover.

Jaejoong then gently reached down with his hand and gently cupped Yunho’s cheek, gently trailing his fingertips all over Yunho’s face and the younger one closed his eyes, enjoying the sensation. “It’s a pity that you’re changing schools,” suddenly said Jaejoong and Yunho opened up his eyes.

“I agree,” said Yunho with a smile “I’m going to miss my favourite professor.”

Jaejoong rolled his eyes at Yunho’s corny joke and then playfully pinched one of his cheeks. “You know what, I have been thinking a lot about our future,” said Jaejoong. “You’re still searching for a new apartment, right?” he asked and Yunho nodded. “In my opinion, this is kind of pointless since we’re already practically living together. So, because of this I have been thinking a lot and I don’t know… I kind of thought that it would be a good idea if the two of us started looking for a new apartment… together.”

Yunho was sure that his heart was about to stop at that point and his whole body heated up. Did he hear it right; did Jaejoong really want to officially move in with him? Just the thought of looking for a new apartment together with Jaejoong was enough to make Yunho’s heart beat with the speed of light and he quickly nodded with happiness in his eyes. “Do you really mean it?” he asked then, because he wanted to make sure that he had heard it right.

“Yeah, I’m serious.”

Yunho let out a loud scream of happiness and then turned them around, so that he was now the one who was laying on top of Jaejoong. He then leaned down and started planting kisses all over his professor’s face, making Jaejoong burst out in a loud laughter. God, Yunho was beyond adorable. “Yes, I cannot wait.”

“Neither can I,” said Jaejoong before Yunho stopped him from talking with a kiss.