Chapter 5

Falling for forbidden

Friday

 

On the Friday morning, Yunho woke up a lot earlier than he usually did, because he needed to get ready for his date with Jaejoong, which was going to happen later that day. The two of them decided to meet after Yunho was going to be done with his classes for that day and to be honest, Yunho just wanted to skip the whole day and wished that he could somehow make the time pass by quicker. He couldn't wait for the date to finally happen, because he had dreamed of it many times. On the other hand, he was pretty nervous about it as well, which was odd. He had gone on many dates in his life before, but this time it was a completely different feeling; he knew that in the past he didn't care for his partners that much, because his parents usually picked them out for him. So, since this was going to be his first date with a person that he actually liked, Yunho knew that he needed to make a good impression and everything had to go perfect. If not, Yunho didn't know what would happen.

 

Yunho, who was still in his room, slowly made his way to his wardrobe and got dressed, making sure that he looked good, he needed to look good for Jaejoong. A small smile appeared on his lips as he continued to think about the other one and he then sat down onto the edge of his bed, letting out a small sigh. He then looked around the room and his eyes went to the clock, which showed still an early hour and the student rolled his eyes. His classes weren't about to start for almost two hours, but he was already ready to leave the house. Annoyed, Yunho threw himself back, laying down onto his bed, and he then closed his eyes, his thoughts still with Jaejoong and their date.

 

He had spent many days thinking about where their first date should be and he still wasn't very sure where he should take Jaejoong. It seemed fair to Yunho that he was the one, who would lead the date since he was the one who asked the man out, and not the other way around. After thinking about it countless number of times, he came to the conclusion that he didn't know what the man like at all, which was awful, so he didn't really know where he should take Jaejoong. Yunho frowned and he sighed; no matter how much he didn't want to admit it to himself, he really didn't know Jaejoong at all. He pressed his lips together and then sighed, hoping that maybe after that day, he and Jaejoong would become even closer.

 

Yunho spent about an extra fifteen minutes of thinking about it and in the end, he came to the conclusion that the best place for their first date would be to just go out and grab a drink. Since Jaejoong was a bit older, Yunho didn't want to do something childish, so grabbing a few drinks seemed fine. Feeling a bit better, Yunho got up onto his legs and looked himself one last time in the mirror. When he finally decided that he looked good, he smiled, grabbed his bag and then decided to leave for the university. Even though it was still early, he didn't care. It was better than staying in his room and being bored out of his mind. Plus, who knew, maybe some of his friends were already in school and he could ask them a question or two about what should he do on his date with Jaejoong.

 

Jaejoong, who also got up pretty early that day, was standing in front of the mirror and was frowning. He was in the middle of getting ready for work and he pressed lips together, not too impressed with what he saw in the mirror. He obviously wanted to look good for his date with Yunho, but he was somehow failing miserably at it and he let out an annoyed groan. It's been a while since he had been on his last date, so he was looking forward to this one, hoping that it was going to go great. He was a bit concerned about meeting Yunho outside the school, because someone might run into them and Jaejoong knew that he would have a lot of explaining to do if the would get caught. However, he tried to get rid of those annoying thoughts and just enjoy the date.

 

After a few more minutes of trying, Jaejoong decided to give up. He puffed his cheeks, knowing that that was the best he could do. He then spent a few more minutes of fixing his hair and when he finally had it enough, he grabbed all of his things and then carried them into his car, driving of to work. Since it was still pretty early, Jaejoong decided to get some more work done before the classes would start and he was kind of glad about that, because it meant that he wouldn't have to do them at home.

 

As he was driving, Yunho was on his mind again and the man's body heated up a little bit. Feeling his heartbeat going faster, Jaejoong gripped the steering wheel and let out a small sigh. He wondered where Yunho was going to take them for their first date and a warm smile appeared on his lips. He didn't really care where they would go, because he knew that they would have a good time as long as they were going to be together and that was what Jaejoong was kind of hoping for. As he was driving, Jaejoong was so occupied with thinking about Yunho that he didn't really when he had arrived in front of the university and he chuckled after parking his car. God, he felt like being in high school again and he gripped his shirt a bit, his smile widening. Who knew that just thinking about Yunho would have that big of an impact on him.

 

Jaejoong then looked up and noticed one of the students slowly walking closer to the university. When the person came closer, Jaejoong saw that it was Yunho and the man chewed on his lower lip. It was still early, too early for the students come, so he frowned when he saw him. Why was he there already? Without even thinking twice, Jaejoong got out of the car, took his bag, locked the car and then slowly made his way to Yunho, who was too preoccupied with thinking about something, that he didn't see the other one coming closer. Jaejoong noticed that and chuckled, finally stepping behind Yunho and the younger one almost jumped when he heard that someone was suddenly behind him.

 

''Morning,'' said Jaejoong and smiled to Yunho when he turned around. The man's eyes travelled up and down, realising that Yunho must've spent quite some time getting ready that morning and a shy smile came upon his face; so he wasn't the only one who wanted to look good.

 

Startled, Yunho quickly turned around and his body relaxed as soon as he saw Jaejoong standing behind him. When he saw the way Jaejoong was looking at him, a smirk came upon his lips and he his lower lip. Jaejoong looked especially good that day and Yunho's smirk got wider when Jaejoong looked away. ''Good morning, sir,'' said Yunho and then bowed politely, making Jaejoong chuckle. ''You're early.''

 

So are you,” said Jaejoong.

 

Yeah well, I woke up pretty early and being at home so, I came here,” said Yunho. ''How about you, how come you're this early?''

 

Same,” replied Jaejoong and then slowly started walking towards the building, Yunho quickly joining him by his side. Then, the two of them made their way to Jaejoong's office in silence and when they reached it, Yunho looked at Jaejoong and then looked away, not really knowing what to say. He wanted to spend some more time with his professor, but, at the same time, he didn't want to bother him.

 

The classes won't be starting for over an hour,” said Yunho and looked at Jaejoong, who nodded at his comment. ''So, I guess I'll go to the library or-''

 

Or we could spend the time together,” suggested Jaejoong and unlocked his office, opening the door wide. ''If you'd like.''

 

Of course,” said Yunho, smiled and then slowly made his way into Jaejoong's office.

Jaejoong smiled as well and then stepped inside, making sure to lock the door. Then, the two of them spent almost an hour talking about random things and before they knew it, it was almost the time for the classes to start. Yunho chuckled and then turned to Jaejoong as they were saying their goodbyes.

 

After you're done with the school for the day, come to my office, okay?” said Jaejoong.

 

Yeah,” said Yunho gently. ''Come here,'' he then said and signed the older male to come closer. With a smile on his face, Jaejoong came closer to his student. Yunho then stepped closer as well and gently pressed his lips on top of Jaejoong's a few times and to his delight, Jaejoong returned him the kisses, making his heart flutter with happiness.

 

See you later, Yunho,” said Jaejoong softly.

 

Yeah,” said Yunho, giving Jaejoong another kiss. ''I can't wait for our date.''

 

Same here.”

 

I just hope that I won't up something,” said Yunho and laughed nervously.

 

You won't,” said Jaejoong and chuckled. ''Now, get to class or you'll be late,'' he then added, his laugh getting louder.

 

All right,” said Yunho and leaned in one last time, giving Jaejoong a much longer kiss. ''Bye then,'' he said and walked to the door.

 

''Bye,'' said Jaejoong, watched how Yunho left the room and he then chuckled again.

 


 

Through the whole day, Yunho couldn't wait for the classes to be over. When he had his lesson with Jaejoong that day, he was flirting with the other one the entire time and much to his surprise, the other seemed to quite enjoy it for a change, which made Yunho feel happy. As he was finally done with the classes, he went to grab a quick lunch with his two friends, Yoochun and Changmin, who noticed that Yunho wasn't being himself really and when he told them that he had a date later that day, both of them were quite happy for their friend. Yunho also made sure that he asked them for any advices of where he should take his date, but neither Changmin or Yoochun gave him answers, which made Yunho feel even more depressed. Why did his friends have to be so clueless? He then sighed, knowing that he wasn't any better as well.

 

But after a few more moments of thinking, Yunho came to realise that taking Jaejoong out for a few drinks was his best choice. Since Yunho wanted the date to be special, he didn't feel too impressed but in the end he gave up, because he couldn't come up with anything better. A small smile came upon his lips as he was slowly walking towards Jaejoong's office and he felt his heart fastening with excitement and nervousness as he stopped in front of the door, just to take some much needed breaths before knocking on it. After a few more seconds had passed by, Yunho then straightened himself up and knocked.

 

Jaejoong, who didn't really have that many lectures to give that day was in his office sooner that he wanted and then all that he could do was to wait. He kept himself busy with correcting the exams and before he knew it, someone already knocked on the door of his office. The man quickly looked up and when he saw that it was already pretty late, he smiled because he knew that it was Yunho, it just had to be him. Still having a big grin on his face, Jaejoong walked to the door quickly and opened it wider, so Yunho to step in.

 

''Hey,'' said Yunho and smiled. ''Are you ready to go?'' he then asked and stepped inside.

 

''Almost,'' said Jaejoong happily and walked towards his student. ''I just have to get my things and then we can get going,'' he added, stepped to the desk and started putting all of his things into the bag and Yunho smiled as he watched the man. He didn't know if he was making things up, but it seemed like Jaejoong's body was shaking a little bit. Yunho smiled, it seemed that the other one was nervous as well and that somehow made Yunho's nerves to calm down.

 

''You don't have to be so nervous,'' said Yunho playfully and earned an angry look from the older one. ''It's just a simple date, it's nothing to be scared of.''

 

''Shut up,'' said Jaejoong and turned around, so that the younger male couldn't see his forming blush. Jaejoong was the older one, so it made him quite pissed off that Yunho was speaking with him like that again. ''And I'm not nervous.''

 

''Of course you're not,'' said Yunho sarcastically and his smirk grew when Jaejoong let out an annoyed groan. Yunho then stepped behind his professor and wrapped his arms around him, placing his chin onto Jaejoong's shoulder. ''It's okay to be nervous before a first date,'' he said gently and Jaejoong pressed his lips together when Yunho's body was pressed against his. ''I-I'm nervous as well,'' added Yunho.

 

Those words made Jaejoong relax in Yunho's arms and he then turned around, giving his student a few slow, gentle kisses before pulling away and he then sighed and looked at Yunho, who still had a smirk on his face. He felt better knowing that he wasn't the only one who was freaking out, so he smiled. ''I'm ready now,'' said Jaejoong. ''We should get going.''

 

Finally,” said Yunho.

 

Then the two of them made their way to Jaejoong's car and after deciding where they should grab a few drinks, Jaejoong drove them to that location. The bar was quite big and was far away from the university, because Jaejoong didn't want the risk of getting caught drinking with his student. Then they ordered their drinks and when the waitress finally brought what they ordered, a deadly silence fell between the two men, neither of them not quite knowing how to break the ice.

 

Jaejoong looked at Yunho, who was spinning the glass in his hands and nervously chewing on his lower lip. He then that the other one must've been troubled and the older male let out a chuckle, making Yunho look up at him, frowning. ''Why are you laughing?'' asked Yunho and then leaned back. He felt quite stupid, because he was the one who asked Jaejoong out and now he didn't even know how to start the conversation without the atmosphere being too weird.

 

You are thinking too much,” said Jaejoong and leaned back as well. ''You're the one who told me that it's okay to be nervous, right? So, don't look so troubled, it's okay.''

 

Yunho then nodded, knowing what Jaejoong was trying to tell him. He then took a big sip of his drink and placed the glass down. Even so, he didn't know what to talk about. What would you normally talk on a normal first date? On the dates, which Yunho had been on so far, he and his date would usually only talk about how much money their families made, since that was what was important to Yunho's parents. He sighed and bowed his head down in embarrassment.

 

This has to be the worst date that you've been on so far, right?” asked Yunho and Jaejoong quickly shook his head in disagreement.

 

I've been on worse,” he said and chuckled. ''But what I don't understand it, why are you so troubled? It's going fine so far, we've in a nice bar, having nice drinks,'' he said and made a short pause. ''Just relax and enjoy the moment.''

 

I know, I know,” said Yunho. ''It's just that I don't know what you would do on a normal date.''

 

Normal date?” asked Jaejoong and arched his left eyebrow, confused.

 

Well,” started Yunho. ''So far I've never been on a date with someone, who I really liked. My parents were the one who picked out the person I would go on a date with,'' said Yunho. ''That person, of course, had to have a rich family background and be quite well known.''

 

Oh,” was all that left Jaejoong's mouth.

 

Yeah. Those people were all so stuck up and boring like hell,” said Yunho, taking another sip of his drink. ''So now that I'm here with someone I really have feelings for... I don't know what to do. I know I , but-''

 

I understand. Look, just relax and try not to worry too much about it,” said Jaejoong gently and placed his hand on top of Yunho's hand. He had no idea that Yunho's parents were like that and that made him wonder; what else was taken away from Yunho's life due to his parent's own wishes and needs.

 

Thanks,” said Yunho, intertwining their fingers.

 

It looks like your parents are quite harsh,“ commented Jaejoong.

 

You have no idea.”

 

Do you want to talk about it?”

 

Jaejoong then looked at Yunho, who gave him a confused look. ''Talk about what?'' asked Yunho.

 

About yourself, I guess?” said Jaejoong, because he wanted to know more about the other one. ''I want to get to know you better, so you can tell me whatever you'd like. For example, about your childhood or your family,'' suggested Jaejoong.

 

''My childhood, huh?'' asked Yunho, his face darkening as the memories started flashing in front of his eyes. Yunho sighed and leaned back, still thinking. He knew that Jaejoong had a point; if they really wanted to start a serious relationship, it was crucial that they knew more personal things about each other. And yet, Yunho didn't really want to talk about his past; about his family in general.

 

Even though Yunho's family had a lot of money, even too much of it for Yunho's liking, things weren't really as perfect as they seemed on the outside. Having a lot of money brought more suffering than happiness to Yunho in the past and he even sometimes wished that they weren't a rich family. Because maybe, just maybe, he could experience what was like having warm and loving family. Yunho's parents were quite cold and distant towards his when he was still a child, so as he grew up, he made sure that he was living as far away from them as it was possible.

 

Jaejoong noticed the troubled expression on Yunho's face and he frowned. Did he say something wrong? He looked at Yunho again and the man cursed silently, angry with himself for asking Yunho that. It looked like Yunho didn't want to talk about his past and even though it made Jaejoong question what had had happen in the other one's past he sighed, knowing that it was the best to ask something else or to just change the subject of their conversation. Jaejoong then nervously chewed on his lower lip and took a sip of his drink before speaking.

 

''Look, Yunho,'' started Jaejoong and the younger one's eyes were immediately on him. ''You don't have to tell me if you don't want to. Let's just forget this and let's talk about something else,'' he then added, but Yunho just shook his head.

 

No, it's okay,” said Yunho, knowing that there shouldn't be any walls between him and Jaejoong. ''It's just that... it's not quite a happy story and I don't know, I just don't want to ruin the mood.''

 

''It's okay,'' said Jaejoong quietly. ''Don't worry about it, you can tell me everything. You know that, right?''

 

Yunho nodded and then allowed himself a few moments of silence before speaking. ''One word that would perfectly describe my childhood is lonely,'' said Yunho and looked at Jaejoong, who was carefully listening to him. ''Let's just say that having a lot of money comes with a price. My parents were away from home due to work almost all the time and I was alone. I am an only child and I didn't have any friends because I was home schooled for a very long time,'' he said. ''I was practically raised up by nannies.''

 

I'm sorry,” said Jaejoong and sighed, he had no idea that Yunho had is so rough as a child.

 

Yunho shrugged and then continued. ''I tried my best to gain their attention. I was studying hard to make them proud, but it didn't really help. They always said that I needed to try harder, even though I always was on top when it came to exams. I wanted to get noticed so badly, but all that mattered to them was work and money. I sometimes wondered why did they decide to have me,'' he said and bowed his head. ''And things only got worse when they decided to get divorced,'' he whispered, his heart sinking to the pit of his stomach. He then took some more sips of his drink as he was welcomed by new memories.

 

His heart started beating faster when he remembered those days; his parents fighting, screaming... sometimes his father would hit his mother. Yunho had spent many nights crying himself to sleep, hoping that someone would make his parents stop for just a moment. He couldn't understand as a child why his parents wouldn't love him. Then when the divorce came, so did the fights. His parents would fight who would get the custody over him. In the end, Yunho stayed with his father, the man made did everything that was in his power to make the court give the custody to him. Yunho then sighed, not saying anything.

 

Jaejoong's heart broke when he heard Yunho's story and he sighed when he heard how broken Yunho's voice was. He really had no idea that the other one's childhood was so empty and sad, he had misjudged him. Because Yunho's family was rich, Jaejoong just made an assumption that the other one was a spoiled brat. However, it was a total opposite and now he regretted calling his student a brat, he was far from being one. Yunho probably put on a mask that seemed like he only cared about himself, because he didn't want to get hurt anymore and Jaejoong felt bad for the younger male.

 

He then leaned forward and placed his hand on top of Yunho's head, gently ruffling his hair. ''You had it rough,'' said Jaejoong and then moved, so that he was sitting next to Yunho. He then took the other one's hand into his own and guided it down under the table, intertwining their fingers. He then gave Yunho a small smile and he gently squeezed his hand. ''I'm sorry for calling you a brat.''

 

Yunho's smile grew as well and he shook his head. ''No need to apologise, you had every right to call me that,'' said Yunho. ''I was acting like one.'' After a few more moments of silence, Yunho spoke up again. ''How was your childhood?'' asked Yunho suddenly and Jaejoong looked at him.

 

I had a pretty good childhood,” said Jaejoong and shrugged. ''Unlike for you, I have eight older sisters,'' said Jaejoong and chuckled when he saw the expression on his student's face. ''But they aren't my biological sisters. I was adopted when I was four. My biological mom and dad split up and my mom had take care for me. However, she had a lot of financial problems and because she wanted me to have a better life, she gave me up for adoption,'' said Jaejoong.

 

Yunho frowned, how the hell was that a good childhood? ''Oh,'' was all that left Yunho's lips and when Jaejoong noticed the serious expression on the other one's face, he smiled.

 

I know that it might sound sad, but I was always happy as a child. My adoptive parents were really great and they loved me the same as their own children,” said Jaejoong. ''I found out that I was adopted later on, when I was about your age. They didn't tell me because my mom asked my adoptive parents not to tell, she didn't want me to get hurt. I met with my biological mom later on and now, we're all getting along quite good.''

 

I see,” said Yunho and nodded. ''Well that's good. I'm glad that you didn't have to go through the same thing as I had.''

 

Jaejoong smiled, nodded, then looked down and his heart started racing when Yunho snuggled closer to him. For only a second, Jaejoong was reminded that they were still in public and that he needed to be careful of what he did with other one, because there was still a chance that someone would see them. However, those worries disappeared when Yunho brought his face closer to his and whispered into his ear those three words that melted Jaejoong's heart.

 

I love you,” whispered Yunho. ''So much.''

 

''Me too,'' blurted out Jaejoong, who was too caught up in the moment.

 

You do?” asked Yunho, his eyes wide opened, his heart fastening from excitement.

 

Only then Jaejoong realised what he had said and he quickly pressed his lips together. He had been so caught up in the moment that he said that without thinking. His face heated up and he then looked at Yunho, who had a happy and excited smile on his face. Jaejoong then looked away and gulped, not knowing what to do. Saying 'I love you' had been always a difficult thing to say for Jaejoong, because in the past the had been burned, promising himself to say those words only to people, who he was curtain that would never hurt him.

 

He then let out a sigh ad nervously chewed on his lower lip, his heart ready to burst. Jaejoong knew that if he would say no at a moment like this, then things would be over and he certainly didn't want that. He cared for Yunho, of course he did... but he still wasn't ready to say that he loved him.

 

I-I,” started Jaejoong and looked at Yunho, whose smile got even wider, if that was even possible. Jaejoong returned him a weak smile and then leaned in, connecting their lips for a brief second, in hope that that would somehow let Yunho know that he cared for him.

 

Yunho chuckled and placed his forehead against Jaejoong's, letting out a happy sigh. ''Is that a yes?'' he asked.

 

Umm,” started Jaejoong, but was interrupted when someone called out his name and he quickly turned around to that direction, from where the voice was coming from, and he froze when he saw who it was.

 

Junsu.

 

!

 

Jaejoong's heart started racing again, this time from a completely different reason. He quickly pushed Yunho away, but he knew that it was too late already; he knew that Junsu must've seen the kiss judging by the expression on his face.

 

Jaejoong?” asked Junsu and stepped closer to Jaejoong and Yunho's table. Jaejoong quickly looked down, avoiding making eye-contact with his friend. ''Yunho?'' said Junsu, who sounded shocked. ''What the hell are the two of you doing?''

 

, , !

 

Jaejoong didn't know what to do or say; his body was completely paralised.

 

Even though Junsu was his best friend, Jaejoong knew that things wouldn't end up good.