Chapter 6

Falling for forbidden

Jaejoong, Yunho... what the hell are you two doing?”

 

The next few seconds seemed like minutes to Jaejoong, whose eyes were still widened and he couldn't even think straight, his body and mind were completely paralised. His eyes travelled to Yunho, who was staring down and was not saying anything. Jaejoong then gulped and forced himself to look at his best friend, who looked beyond shocked, which was enough to let Jaejoong know that Junsu must've seen the kiss. Jaejoong firmed fists with his hands and then looked away again, he didn't know what else to do. What was he supposed to do? There was no way that he could make an excuse for what Junsu saw; he couldn't lie to him anymore because it was too late.

 

Yunho, who was shocked as well, kept looking down and he didn't know what to do. He decided to keep his mouth shut, because he didn't want to do or say something that would make the whole situation even worse than it already was. He didn't even dare to look at his literature professor, because he was, for once in his life, afraid. He felt so helpless that he couldn't help Jaejoong. Not only that, but what angered him even more was the fact that he was the one to blame for what had happened. It was true that Jaejoong agreed to go out on a date with him, but if he wouldn't ask in the first place, then something like this wouldn't happen. He should've known better; Jaejoong was always so afraid that someone might find out and now that it did, Yunho felt helpless.

 

He allowed himself to look a quick glance at Jaejoong, whose body was shaking and he was nervously chewing his lower lip. That sight of Jaejoong was new to Yunho and he felt his heart shuddering; he never wanted to make Jaejoong look that way. Yunho then let out a shaky breath and looked up at Junsu, who had his arms crossed his foot was impatiently tapping against the floor; he wanted the answer and Yunho quickly looked away; he wasn't really in the mood for lying or speaking in general.

 

Jaejoong gripped his trousers and then looked up again, clearing his throat. He then opened his mouth, but nothing came out. He knew that Junsu was waiting for explanation, but Jaejoong's mind was completely blank. He wondered what would happen; would Junsu tell someone what he saw? It was true that they were pretty close and Jaejoong knew that he could trust Junsu, but not with something like this. A while ago Junsu gave him his opinion about students and professors dating and the other one was against it; a lot. That was what made Jaejoong's heart speed up and he let out a small sigh. On the other hand, he knew that he couldn't be quiet forever.

 

W-what do you mean?” asked Jaejoong with a small and trembling voice, which was new to Yunho.

 

The furrow between Junsu's eyebrows deepened and he shook his head. ''Don't play dumb with me, Jaejoong!'' said Junsu, louder this time and Jaejoong quickly looked away, looking at Yunho in panic and the other one just shrugged, because he didn't know what to do as well. ''I saw the two of you kissing,'' went on by saying Junsu and pressed his lips together. ''Have you gone mad, Jaejoong? He's your student!''

 

I know that but-” started Jaejoong, but was interrupted by Junsu once again.

 

It's disgusting,” commented Junsu, Jaejoong's eyes going wide in shock. ''This kind of relationship is disgusting.''

 

Those words cut like knife right into Jaejoong's heart and the grip on his trousers tightened as did the pain in his chest. He knew that Junsu was against it, but he had never in his life thought that the other one would say something like this to him; weren't they supposed to be friends?! Jaejoong felt a burning desire to say something back, but in the end he restrained himself, because he didn't want to make things even worse.

 

Yunho, on the other hand, had much smaller self-restrain and he knew that there was no way that he would let Junsu's comment slide by him. How did he dare say that, without knowing anything? People like that pissed Yunho off the most and he decided that he would make sure to make Junsu regret his words. He then took a look at Jaejoong, who was still looking down and not only that, but the older male looked broken, which only made Yunho's anger worsen. He knew that he should keep his mouth shut, but at that point he was so done with Junsu, that he didn't even care about the consequences. All that mattered was the fact that he would make Junsu take those words back.

 

How dare you?” asked Yunho, his voice incredibly low and cold. Both, Junsu and Jaejoong immediately looked at him and all that Jaejoong wished was that Yunho would, for once in his life, be quiet.

 

What did you say, brat?” asked Junsu.

 

I asked; how dare you?” repeated Yunho, much louder this time. ''How can you say something like that without knowing anything?'' he asked, his whole body shuddering in anger. ''You can't judge people or their relationships if you don't know anything about them!''

 

Relationship, you say, huh?” asked Junsu.

 

Shut up,” whispered Jaejoong. ''You're making things worse.''

 

But I just wanted to-”

 

Leave us alone, Yunho,” said Jaejoong and signed him to leave the table. ''I need to speak with Junsu, please leave us alone.'' Jaejoong knew that Yunho was angry and he couldn't blame him for that, but still, he needed to be alone for Junsu just for a few moments. He needed to speak with the other one and he knew that it couldn't wait; he needed to make things right... at least try to make Junsu understand.

 

But I-” started Yunho again, not really wanting to leave. However, the look on Jaejoong's face was enough to quiet him down and after a few more seconds, he slowly nodded, stood up and walked away. However, he didn't go that far; he went into another room of the bar, but made sure that he was sitting close enough to Jaejoong and Junsu, hoping that he could hear their conversation.

 

When they were finally left alone, Junsu slowly made his way closer to Jaejoong and then sat down as well, looking at Jaejoong, who was still looking away. It was worse than he thought; there was no way that he could make Junsu understand. But... maybe he could convince him to not to tell anyone about his and Yunho's relationship.

 

You know that you can lose your job if someone finds out?” asked Junsu and Jaejoong nodded. ''Then why?'' he asked and made a short pause. ''You are playing with a fire here, Jaejoong. He might not understand why you need to end it, but you should. Break it off before you get too involved with him and-''

 

I can't do that,” said Jaejoong, his voice small and he slowly raised his head. ''I can't break it off just like that.''

 

Why?” asked Junsu and after a few moments his eyes widened. ''Is he forcing you into being with him?'' asked Junsu, because he knew far too well what kind of person Yunho was. The brat came from a rich family, so forcing Jaejoong into having that kind of relationship wouldn't be so difficult. ''If that's the case, then you need to-''

 

He isn't forcing me into anything, Junsu,” said Jaejoong slowly and sighed. ''At first he was being a bit too pushy about everything, but then things between us changed and now I'm with him because I want to be,'' explained Jaejoong and saw how Junsu's expression changed in a split second; it went from a worried expression into a quite angry one.

 

I don't believe it,” said Junsu. ''How exactly have things changed, Jaejoong? You know what kind of a person he is, you were complaining about him almost constantly to me, don't you remember? And you said that he was being pushy, so-''

 

''I do, I do,'' said Jaejoong and sighed. He then started thinking about what should he do. He knew that his best option would be to tell Junsu everything if he wanted him to understand. Since they were friends and Jaejoong didn't want that friendship to end, he knew that that was his best option. He knew that telling things to Junsu wouldn't change anything; the damage was already done and if Junsu had intentions of telling the someone, he couldn't stop him anymore, it was too late. ''Look, Junsu, you are my friend and I would like to tell you that-''

 

You know, I don't really want to know about your relationship,” said Junsu, his voice quite cold and Jaejoong quickly nodded, looking down and he pressed his lip tightly together. ''But you are right, you are my friend and well... even though I don't approve this kind of relationship, I want you to be happy.''

 

Thank you,” said Jaejoong quietly and managed a smile.

 

Is it serious between the two of you?” asked Junsu painfully slowly and Jaejoong nodded. ''Are you sure? You know what happened to you a few years ago. You also thought that Shiwon loved you, but he ended up breaking your heart.''

 

Jaejoong's breath shook when memories of his past relationship started coming back, but he forced himself to nod, because he needed to move on. Even though Shiwon did break his heart and Jaejoong promised himself not to fall in love with anyone after that, he knew that he couldn't keep living like this forever. ''Yunho loves me,'' whispered Jaejoong and looked at Junsu, who still wasn't very sure of that.

 

But you said that he is an irresponsible brat,” started Junsu.

 

He had changed,” said Jaejoong. ''He still is a brat at times, but he is slowly changing,'' he said. ''For me.''

 

Junsu let out a frustrated groan and he ran fingers through his hair; he found the whole thing beyond annoying. ''And you, do you love him?''

 

Jaejoong didn't say anything, but instead, he slowly nodded and a shy smile came upon his lips. He then looked at Junsu, who rolled his eyes and then leaned back in his chair. ''Great,'' said Junsu and sighed. ''Just great.''

 

Look, Junsu, I know that you're against it,” said Jaejoong. ''And that's completely fine. But, can I ask you for a favor?'' asked Jaejoong nervously.

 

Junsu, who knew what his friend was going to ask him, rolled his eyes and he nodded. ''Yeah, yeah... I won't tell anyone for the time being,'' said Junsu. ''But I'm doing this only because it would be a shame if you would get fired. I would be bored,'' he said.

 

Jaejoong chuckled and bowed his head. ''Thank you, Junsu.'' Even though Jaejoong was happy that Junsu didn't make a big scene after finding out that he was dating a student, Jaejoong was still feeling a bit uneasy about everything. It was true that the other one promised him not to tell anyone, and yet Jaejoong couldn't quite let it go. There always was a possibility that Junsu could blurt something out without thinking about it too much and Jaejoong sighed then.

 

Junsu then looked up and noticed Yunho, who was hiding behind a wall and he shook his head, wondering what in the world Jaejoong saw in the brat. He knew that the brat must've been listening to their conversation and he clicked with his tongue, feeling annoyed. In Junsu's eyes, Yunho was still nothing but a mere brat. ''Come here, Yunho,'' said Junsu and folded his arms. ''Aish, so annoying.''

 

Yunho quickly straightened himself when his literature professor noticed him and slowly made his way to the table, sitting next to Jaejoong again.

 

''You were listening to our conversation?'' asked Jaejoong.

 

''Umm, yeah,'' said Yunho awkwardly, feeling his face growing hot with embarrassment. ''I'm sorry.''

 

''It's okay,'' said Jaejoong and chuckled.

 

Junsu left soon after that, leaving Jaejoong and Yunho alone again. However, the mood of their date was completely ruined and neither of them spoke for quite a while. Jaejoong was too busy with thinking about Junsu, while Yunho was trying to come up with an excuse, to apologise to Jaejoong. As Yunho was looking down, Jaejoong called the waitress from before and asked her to bring the bill and Jaejoong then paid for their drinks. Yunho's heart fell into the pit of his stomach when Jaejoong stood up and started walking towards the door. Feeling sorry for himself, Yunho quickly followed him and uneasiness just got worse when Jaejoong unlocked his car.

 

The date was over, wasn't it? And why wasn't Jaejoong saying anything? Judging from what he had overheard him and Junsu speaking earlier, Yunho kind of expected Jaejoong to be relieved, because things didn't go as bad as he expected them to be. Was Jaejoong angry with him? Yunho shrugged, walked over to Jaejoong to say his goodbyes. He lived really near, so there was no point in getting into Jaejoong's car; he would be home faster if he would just walk there.

 

Thank you for tonight, I had a good time even though that happened,” said Yunho and forced a smile, trying to hide his disappointment. ''Anyway, I'll see you tomorrow in school so have fun until then and-''

 

Oh, your leaving already?” asked Jaejoong, tilted his head to the side and then leaned against his car, carefully studying Yunho's face. The younger male looked quite troubled and the man knew the cause of the other one's worries. But, what he didn't get, was the fact that Yunho was in a such a hurry to leave. ''That's a pity,'' said Jaejoong with a small voice. ''I wanted to invite you over, we could hang out at my place for a bit.''

 

Are you serious?”

 

Yeah,” said Jaejoong with a smile. ''So, do you want to come?''

 

Of course!”

 

Jaejoong then drove them to his place, parked the car and then slowly started walking towards it. His apartment was small, nothing like Yunho was used to and Jaejoong was very well aware of that, so that kind of made him feel nervous. But in the end, he knew that it wouldn't matter that much to Yunho, probably. Yunho's heart was beating fast as they were slowly making their way to Jaejoong's apartment, because he was just about to see where his professor lived. Yunho was still quite surprised by the fact that Jaejoong was the one who invited him over, but he couldn't be happier at the same time. That meant that Jaejoong really liked him, right?

 

Jaejoong unlocked the door and then opened it, holding it open for Yunho to come in. A small smile came upon Yunho's lips and he slowly stepped inside, making sure that he took off his shoes, wanting to make a good impression on Jaejoong. The older male chuckled at that, shook, his head and then closed the door, following his student into the living room. The first impression that Yunho got about Jaejoong's place was that it was really small. In the living room, which was also Jaejoong's bedroom as Yunho assumed, there was couch in one corner and a bed in the other one, which was followed by the TV as well. Yunho then stepped through another door and suddenly found himself in a small kitchen.

 

The older male sat down onto the couch and waited for Yunho to end his tour around the apartment. He was joined by the other one sooner than he expected and his smile grew wider when Yunho sat down next to him. ''So what do you think?'' asked Jaejoong. ''I know it isn't much, but it is a home,'' he then added.

 

Your place is awesome,” said Yunho, his heart still beating fast. ''It is a lot smaller than mine, but at least it doesn't feel empty and cold. It's no fun being in a big house, if you don't have anyone to share it with.''

 

I guess you're right,” said Jaejoong, sighed and then leaned back, slowly closing his eyes.

 

Yunho's eyes were immediately on him and the younger one smirked, slowly scooting over to Jaejoong, hoping that the other one wouldn't open his eyes. He noticed that Jaejoong swallowed hard, which only made Yunho's smirk grow wider and he then chuckled as well. So, the other one knew what was going on, and was now just teasing him, wasn't he? Yunho his lips and he then leaned down, gently pressing his lips over Jaejoong's. He then pulled back, watching his professor's face for a minute or so. He got still so easily mesmerised by Jaejoong and he felt his heartbeat going faster once again.

 

The man then slowly opened his eyes, looking up at Yunho, who had his fingers buried into Jaejoong's hair and was slowly caressing his head. That made Jaejoong's body heat up and a shy smile welcomed his lips. He then slowly reached up with his hand, placed it behind Yunho's neck and pulled the younger male down, their lips meeting in another kiss. Yunho slowly darted his tongue out, begging Jaejoong for entry and the older male eagerly parted his lips. When Jaejoong felt Yunho's tongue brush against his own, he let out a small moan and then wrapped his arms around his student's neck, pulling him closer to himself. Jaejoong then slowly lifted himself up and awkwardly straddled Yunho's legs, while arms of the younger one wrapped themselves around Jaejoong's waist and pulled him even closer.

 

A small whimper left Jaejoong's lips when his body was pressed against Yunho and then he started shivering as Yunho even deepened their kiss. Their tongues fought for dominance, but it was a battle which Jaejoong soon lost, not minding it too much. He melted right against Yunho's body and allowed the younger one to lead their kiss. Yunho's touches and kisses were leaving the male light headed, his body heating up fast. However, his eyes widened when Yunho's fingers slid under his shirt and he quickly stood up, pushing Yunho away and he looked away.

 

It felt too early to Jaejoong for them to be something like that. Yes, it was true that Jaejoong wanted it and even though they've done something in the past already, Jaejoong still wanted to take it slow; he wanted things to be perfect. So, being intimate with Yunho was rushing things to Jaejoong and he could only hope that Yunho would understand. Yunho, on the others and, was completely shocked when Jaejoong pushed him away and he blinked a few times, not really getting what he had done wrong.

 

W-what's wrong, Jaejoong?” asked Yunho, whose breathing was still fast and uneven.

 

Nothing,” said Jaejoong and looked away. After a few moments of silence, he finally spoke again. ''Do you want something to drink?''

 

''Umm, sure,'' said Yunho and watched how Jaejoong disappeared into the kitchen, leaving Yunho confused. What was the matter with Jaejoong? Did he push it too far again? Yunho let out an annoyed groan; great, Jaejoong was probably pissed now!

 

The other one soon returned with their drinks and placed them onto the table, which was placed in front of the couch. Then an awkward silence fell between the two of them and Yunho nervously sighed, looking at Jaejoong, who returned him a shy smile. ''Did I do something wrong?'' asked Yunho.

 

Not at all,” said Jaejoong. ''I just... I don't want to rush with things.''

 

Yunho furrowed his eyebrows, at first not getting what the other one was talking about, but the realisation soon hit him and he quickly nodded. ''Yeah, I understand,'' said Yunho, happy that he didn't make Jaejoong angry earlier. ''And I'm sorry... about the date.''

 

What about it?”

 

I'm sorry for asking you out,” said Yunho and made a short pause, only realising it then how he made it sound. ''What I mean is, I should've thought more about it before asking you out,'' said Yunho. ''Or just pick a more private place to go, because maybe then Professor Kim wouldn't catch us and well-''

 

A small smile came upon Jaejoong's face, because he had a feeling that something like that would happen; Yunho apologising for doing nothing wrong. Jaejoong wasn't blaming Yunho at all, it would be stupid to do that in the first place. He agreed to go out, so there was no need for Yunho to apologise. The older one placed his palm on top of Yunho's head and the younger one looked at him, waiting for his professor to say or do something. ''No need to apologise,'' said Jaejoong ad shrugged. ''I was the one that agreed to it as well. Plus, things weren't so horrible, were they? Junsu said that you were listening to us the whole time, huh?''

 

Ah, yeah,” said Yunho. ''I just wanted to make sure that he wouldn't go too hard on you.''

 

That's okay, I don't mind it really,” said Jaejoong. ''Junsu is a good friend, so I am sure that he won't tell anyone,'' he said.

 

But what if he does?” asked Yunho quietly. ''I don't want you to lose your job just because of me. Not only that, but if you go away then it'll ,'' he said. ''If something bad will happen, I will ask my dad to help, he owes me this much... so don't worry, I'm going to protect you.''

 

You're going to protect me?” asked Jaejoong and chuckled. ''Look, if something does happen, I don't want you to get your father involved into it. I could get another job somewhere else,'' added Jaejoong and made a short pause. ''You're way more important to me than my job, you know. I'm okay with losing my job, but I don't want to lose you.''

 

I mean this much to you?” whispered Yunho, whose heart was ready to melt just from hearing Jaejoong's words and he bit his lower lip, to prevent it from trembling. He knew that Jaejoong cared for him, that was obvious to Yunho. However, he had no ideas that the man came to like him that much.

 

Of course,” said Jaejoong with a smile. ''I love you,'' he then added, barely audible. It felt strange to Jaejoong saying those three words, it's been a while since he last said them. Never in his life he had thought that he would come to like Yunho so much to finally let go of the past.

 

When Jaejoong said those words, Yunho was sure that he was dreaming; he had been wishing for such a long time to hear Jaejoong say that and now that he had, he couldn't believe that it was true. Yunho's heart was hammering hard against his chest and he gulped, his whole body trembling and his vision suddenly became blurry. Yunho then blinked and tears started rolling down his face. He had been so overwhelmed that he didn't even realise that he started to cry.

 

Yunho?” asked Jaejoong and was shocked when he saw tears in Yunho's eyes. He came closer to his student and started wiping the tears away with the sleeve of his shirt and then pressed a few kisses all over Yunho's face. ''Don't cry.''

 

I'm so happy,” whispered Yunho and then wrapped his arms around Jaejoong's body. He then placed his chin on top of Jaejoong's shoulder and planted a few kisses onto his professor's neck. ''I wanted to hear you say this for such a long time,'' said Yunho, new tears wetting his face. ''I love you so much.''

 

I know,” said Jaejoong and chuckled. He then allowed Yunho to keep hugging him for quite a while and in the end he was the one who broke their hug. When he realised that it was already pretty late and that Yunho should probably get going home, Jaejoong's good mood started to disappear. But it soon returned, because he decided to let Yunho stay over, there was no way that he was going to let Yunho go now. ''Come on,'' he said, stood up and offered a hand to Yunho, who took it despite his confusion. ''Let's get ready to bed.''

 

''For bed?'' asked Yunho.

 

''Yeah, it's late so we should get going to sleep,'' said Jaejoong.

 

''We?''

 

''Well, you're staying over, aren't you?''

 

''I am?'' asked Yunho.

 

What, don't you want to?”

 

''I do, I do,'' said Yunho, who was immediately standing up.

 

When they were finally ready for getting to sleep, it was already really late and they fell asleep pretty fast, holding onto each other throughout the whole night. Just before Jaejoong drifted into the land of dreams, a happy smile appeared on his face and he sighed, finding everything to be perfect and he hoped that things could stay that way forever.


Thank you for subscribing and supporting this fanfiction, it really means a lot and I hope that you're enjoying it so far.