Chapter 14

Falling for forbidden

 

It was the next day and Yunho was currently sitting in a bar, waiting for the girl to come. It was kind of a blind date, because he had no ideas what she looked like, all that he knew was her name; Hong Sungmi and that was it. The surname Hong was pretty familiar to Yunho, since the family was successful and rich. Not only that, but his father made sure that Yunho learned all of Sungmi's relatives' names and what was their position in the family business. The young man was pretty opposed to doing that, but since he was just going along with his parent's wishes, he did what was necessary to keep them away from his and Jaejoong's relationship.

 

Yunho's parents seemed pleased with his son's decision to respect their wishes. It didn't even matter to him if he was happy or not, they had their eyes set on a price, which was of course money. Sungmi's dad promised to make the biggest deal with Yunho's father if their kids would get married and live a happy married life. It really made Yunho wonder if the girl felt the same way as he did; trapped and wanting to run away. He could only hope that the other one wasn't as horrible as the others, but since his parents liked her that worried Yunho. They always picked out the most horrible girls for Yunho to date back in the time.

 

The young man sighed and leaned back in his chair, his heart sinking when he saw that he had a new text from Jaejoong, in which the man was asking him if the girl had showed up already or not. Yunho sent a short text back, saying that he was still alone and he then nervously chewed on his lower lip. Even though Jaejoong was saying that he understood his situation and was pretending to be alright, Yunho knew that the jealousy was killing the older male and he didn't even blame him for that, because he would feel the same if the situations would be reversed. Throughout the whole previous night, Jaejoong was clinging onto him so tightly as if he was trying to keep him in his arms forever. When they parted, Yunho's heart broke because Jaejoong's eyes were literally begging him to stay there with him.

 

That was because Yunho tried to keep it a secret from Jaejoong; even though it was a horrible idea, it would still hurt less knowing that Jaejoong didn't know about it. He then shook his head, knowing that he was again thinking about himself. “Just three more weeks and then it's over, I'll be forever free from my parents,” said Yunho to himself and then closed his eyes. But a lot can happen in just three weeks and that was exactly what worried Yunho. What if his parents would push him into marriage after such short period of time? He of course wouldn't do it, but still... So many things could go wrong and that was what made him restless.

 

As he continued thinking about his future, someone suddenly stopped by the table that he had been sitting at and Yunho jumped when a shadow suddenly hovered over him. When he turned his head up, his eyes widened when he saw a girl standing next to him. The girl was pretty tall, was dressed in expensive clothes and she was wearing heavy make-up. Even though Yunho had Jaejoong, he had to admit it that she looked stunning. She almost looked like a celebrity and Yunho noticed many of the guys in the bar turning their heads into her direction and when Yunho took a closer look, his eyes widened because he knew that he had seen her somewhere, yet he couldn't place it where.  Knowing that that just had to be Hong Sungmi, he quickly stood up and offered his hand.

 

“Good afternoon,” said Yunho, wanting to make a good impression on the girl since that was what his mother wanted him to do. He then bowed and noticed the girl's smile getting wider and she then slowly took his hand, shaking it. “My name is Jung Yunho and you must be Sungmi?”

 

“Yeah, that's me,” she replied and chuckled when Yunho hurried to the chair and offered her to sit down.

 

“Wow, like a true gentleman,” she said with a chuckle and then sat down.

 

“Y-yeah, I try,” said Yunho, feeling awkward, not knowing how to feel about the situation. That now it was real, he felt sick down to his stomach and his anxiety got even worse when the Sungmi started talking. Yunho somehow pictured this going easier, but now that the moment was real, he completely froze. It felt wrong, so wrong. He just wanted to run away to Jaejoong, but he somehow managed to collect himself and he then sat down next to her and ordered drinks for the two of them when the waiter came to their table.

 

“We meet at last,” she said and then sighed, looking around the bar and as from what Yunho could read her facial expression, she wasn't really impressed with what she saw. What did she expect, a better location maybe? It was true that that bar wasn't for rich people, but that was all that Yunho could afford at that time. Taking money from his parents was out of options, even though he agreed to go out on a date with her.

 

“Is something wrong?” asked Yunho after a few more moments of silence, because Sungmi kept looking around and shaking her head in horror.

 

“Why did you pick out this location to meet up?” she asked quietly, not wanting the others to hear her and Yunho rolled his eyes, quite quickly realising what type of person she was and Yunho didn't like it at all... she was like the rest of them. “There are tons of better bars in the town. I mean this is just the worst, what if my friends figure it out that I visited a place like this?!” she asked, completely horrified.

 

Yunho gritted his teeth and somehow managed to hide his annoyance with the girl. “Sorry, I'll pick out a better location the next time, okay?” he quickly said and bowed his head down in apology. “I just wanted to meet up with a location that isn't as-”

 

“Ah, forget it, forget it... Don't apologise, I know that your parents probably picked out the place,” she muttered and then sighed. “Now then...” she said as if she was trying to start a conversation, but her voice trailed off and deadly silence fell between the two of them. Yunho puffed his cheeks, feeling extremely bored and pissed off; she was exactly like the other girls that his parents wanted him to end up with. She was boring, stuck up, a snob, typical spoiled rich brat.

 

As Yunho continued thinking, his phone suddenly buzzed and the young man was sure that his heart was about to stop, since his phone was placed on the table and Sungmi could easily saw from who the text was. Yunho quickly grabbed his phone when he saw Jaejoong's name written on a screen and he opened up the new text under the table. A small sigh left Yunho's mouth when he read Jaejoong's text, which said 'Is she there yet? If she isn't there yet, just come back home, you can meet her some other time.' Yunho's heart was heavy, because he could imagine Jaejoong in his home, feeling completely alone and heart broken. The guilt started kicking in again and when he was about to send a text back, Sungmi interrupted him.

 

“Who was that text from?” she asked. “Your girlfriend?”

 

“Of course not,” said Yunho, his heart speeding up. “I'm on a date with you, so I don't have another girlfriend. It was just a friend of mine, asking me how the date is going.”

 

“Oh,” was all that she said, but Yunho could tell that she didn't believe him.

 

Because Yunho didn't want Sungmi to get even more suspicious, he decided to reply to Jaejoong's text, so he placed his phone into his jacket. “So, to which school are you going to?” blurted out Yunho, since that was the first thing that came on his mind.

 

“Oh, you didn't know?” she asked, looking quite surprised. “I'm on the same university as you, I thought that you knew that. At the same time, I'm not too surprised, you're a year older so we don't have much contact with each other. But I expected your parents to tell you this.”

 

Same university? Yunho's eyes widened, because he had no idea at all. “It makes sense now why you seem familiar,” he commented and Sungmi giggled. Then the two of them started chatting, Yunho constantly looking at the clock, wanting the date to be over as soon as if it was possible. After a few moments or so, Sungmi got tired of location, but she most certainly wanted to spend some more time with Yunho. She then stood up and Yunho frowned, not getting it where she was headed to.

 

“Where are you going?” he asked and got onto his legs.

 

“Out, I' m bored,” she said and headed to the door. “You take care of the bill and then come after me. You're taking me shopping,” she announced and then went outside.

 

“H-hey, I can't-” said Yunho, but the other one wasn't listening him anymore. Yunho stood there for a few moments, trying to understand what had just happened. Did she really just...? He shook his head; she was even worse than he imagined. She completely reminded him of his own mother and he just sighed, knowing that he would be taking her to the mall, whether he liked it or not. If he wanted to make a good impression on her, he would just have to grit his teeth, swallow his pride and did what she asked of him.

 

When he paid for their drinks, a new text came from Jaejoong, this time saying, 'I know that you are probably busy right now with her and I am really sorry if I'm disturbing you. I was just wondering how long is the date going to last? It's been more than an hour since you left and I'm just... I don't know... you know what, never mind.'

 

Yunho's heart fell to the pit of his stomach, he could feel how desperate Jaejoong was to get him to return back to home and Yunho swallowed thickly, knowing that he had to reply to the text, no matter if Sungmi was waiting for him outside. Without even thinking twice, Yunho hit the reply button and typed back a reply.

 

'Sorry for not replying to your previous text. Yes, she came and we just had a few drinks. I probably won't be coming back home any time soon, now she wants me to take her ''shopping'', please Jaejoong just kill me. You have no idea how annoying and stuck up she is, she's worse than all of the girls that my parents set me up until now. God, I can't wait to come home. I promise to try to come home as soon as it'll be possible.'

 

As he was walking outside to his father's car, that he had lent him for the date, a new text came and Yunho didn't even bother ignoring it, because he would be much rather talking to Jaejoong than to Sungmi.

 

'Shopping? Why the hell does she want to go shopping with you?'

 

'Who knows, like I said, she is beyond annoying.'

 

Yunho's phone buzzed again and just as he was about to read the new text, Sungmi interrupted him once again. “Who do you keep talking to?” she snapped and crossed her arms on top of her chest. “It was the same in the bar as well, you were completely ignoring me, you kept looking to the clock and you were completely distracted.”

 

“That's none of your business,” replied Yunho calmly and sighed, reminding himself to stay calm and nice to her. “Now let's go to the mall.”

 

“You want me to shop at the mall?” asked Sungmi, horrified. “No, no... we're going to the place when I'm normally shopping at and you'll buy me something nice in apology for ignoring me earlier. Do you think that I really came here and have you stare at your phone throughout the entire time?!”

 

I deserve you an apology?asked Yunho and took in a deep breath. He knew that he should be calm and nice to the girl, but she had it enough. He couldn't believe it; she was complaining about everything, ever since she had gotten into the bar and now she expected him to apologise to her and buy her something?! Yunho, who had completely forgotten about his plan, shook his head. “No.”

 

“What did you say?”

 

“No, I won't be taking you shopping to some expensive place. You know what, I don't care how beautiful and rich you are, but I'm not going to do as you say,” said Yunho. “I didn't come here to be dealing with a snob like you. I came here to meet you because my mother said that you were a nice and warm person,” lied Yunho. “Up until now I've only met girls who were the same as you; spoiled and snobby. Well, I have had it... I'm not interested anymore.” Yunho then opened the door of the car and got into it, ready to drive away.

 

“No, wait!” she quickly said.

 

“What?”

 

“I'm sorry,” said Sungmi and bowed her head in apology. “I didn't mean to act like that, I guess I overreacted because you kept talking to someone, I'm sorry,” she said. “Can we start over?”

 

Yunho narrowed his eyes, not really buying her lies, but in the end he shrugged. “Sure.”

 

“Cool,” she said and then got into the car and gave Yunho a wide smile when he looked at her.

 

“Where do you want to go then?” he then asked, completely uninterested, but since he had no other choices, he still pretended to care.

 

“To the cinema,” she quickly said and Yunho almost rolled his eyes. Great, now there was no way that he would come to Jaejoong soon. “Don't you want to go?” she asked when she saw the expression on Yunho's face.

 

“Cinema sounds great,” said Yunho and forced a smile, before driving them off to the cinema.

 


 

Jaejoong was currently sitting in his apartment, holding his phone in his hand and nervously waited for any new texts or calls to come from Yunho. The two of them had exchanged a few texts as Yunho was in the middle of the date, but his replies suddenly stopped coming and that made Jaejoong feel anxious. If that wasn't enough, it was getting pretty late and Yunho was still nowhere of showing up at his place. It's now been three hours since the date had started and Jaejoong was beyond jealous at that point. The two of them had an agreement; the date shouldn't last more than two hours, Yunho had promised him that the date was going to be over as soon as it was possible. But where was he now; did the two of them really go shopping?

 

Jaejoong puffed his cheeks, knowing that he was acting pathetic. He was a grown up man and now he was acting like a stupid school girl, who got so worked up after such a small thing. But, on the other hand, he couldn't help himself. He loved Yunho so much and he couldn't do anything about his emotions, no matter how stupid and strong they were. He had lost someone that was important to him before and there was no way that he was ready to lose someone again, it hurt too much the first time.

 

He sighed and buried his face into his palms, trying to clear his thoughts. Yunho wasn't like Shiwon, who cheated on him behind his back and Jaejoong knew that Yunho would never hurt him like that. At the same time, he had the same feeling about Shiwon and, oh boy how wrong he was. “No, no, no. I'm over thinking again. There's no way that Yunho would hurt me, he loves me,” said the man to himself and then walked to the sofa, threw himself on it and closed his eyes, allowing himself to continue thinking about Yunho's date and torturing himself. God, why did he have to be such a masochist?!

 

The reason why Jaejoong was feeling so pathetic was because he decided to go along with Jaejoong's plan in the first place, no matter how much in bothered him. Plus, it was already too late since Yunho had already promised to his parents to meet up with that girl and knowing all of that, when Jaejoong was thinking reasonably, he knew that that was their best plan for the time being. After a few moments or so, Jaejoong took another look at his phone and sighed when he saw that no one had called or texted him.

 

“Where  the hell is he?” he said under his breath and then straightened himself up into sitting position, knowing that he would have to keep himself somehow busy, because if he wouldn't, the waiting and jealousy would drive him completely mad. Jealousy... it's such an interesting feeling isn't it? Even though Jaejoong didn't want to admit it to himself, he was a pretty possessive and jealous type when it came to relationships. He really wanted to make the younger one his and his only. If there was a way that he could keep Yunho only to himself, he would do it.

 

“God, I'm such an idiot,” said Jaejoong and chuckled, shaking his head in disbelief. “The brat is going to drive me completely mad,” he then continued the conversation with himself and he scoffed. It was all of Yunho's fault for acting like this, was what Jaejoong decided to believe. In the end, since when he had finally decided to stop feeling sorry for himself, the man stood up and decided to take a shower, trying to keep himself from thinking about Yunho.

 

When he was done with that, Jaejoong hurried into his living room, in hope to see that Yunho might finally contacted him, but was disappointed when he saw that he had no new texts or missed calls. Just what the hell was Yunho thinking?! It was already 10 pm and the other one was still on the stupid date?! Feeling pretty pissed off, Jaejoong decided that he was sick of waiting and decided to go to sleep, since it seemed like the other one had no intentions of returning back to him that day. But, falling asleep at a moment like that was easier said than done.

 

Jaejoong climbed into his bed and covered himself with bed covers and then curled up into a ball, hugging onto the pillow tightly. As he closed his eyes, horrible images started flashing in front of his eyes... it was his past relationship. Catching Shiwon in bed with another guy, the other one trying to apologise to him, heartbreak... then the images changed and Shiwon suddenly turned into Yunho. However, that Yunho seemed different from what he remembered him to look like; when he looked at him he didn't feel warmth or love in his eyes, but only hate and coldness.

 

Suddenly, the scenery changed and Jaejoong found himself in front of his apartment. His eyes widened, not knowing how the hell he found himself there and he suddenly felt his heart hammering against his ribcage, the feeling of anxiety becoming almost too overwhelming and it only worsened when he grabbed the doorknob of his apartment. He didn't know it why, but something was telling him that he was going to see something horrible inside. And he was right, because as soon as he stepped inside, he saw Yunho sitting on the bed and what was frightening was the fact that the other one wouldn't look at him when he would call his name.

 

“Yunho?” tried Jaejoong again and stepped closer to him, his eyes widening when he saw someone else lying next to Yunho. It was a girl and Jaejoong was sure that his heart broke. When his eyes found Yunho's face, the younger one started laughing. He didn't say anything, he was only laughing and his laughing was growing louder and louder. Jaejoong placed his palms on top of his ears, trying to block out the sound of Yunho's evil laughter, but it wasn't working. He could still hear it, it was as if the laughter was coming from the inside of his head.

 

“No,” said Jaejoong and closed his eyes, tears streaming down his face. “No! Yunho please stop! Yunho-”

 

“Jaejoong,” suddenly said a voice and when someone roughly shook his body, Jaejoong finally opened his eyes, finding himself lying in his bed and his eyes widened when he saw a very worried Yunho sitting next to him. Jaejoong quickly sat up, his whole body trembling and with his shaky hands he reached up, gently running his fingers over Yunho's face, before bringing them to his own and was pretty shocked when he touched his cheeks, which were wet. He had been crying. He then looked around and then finally allowed himself to let out a deep breath. It was a dream, it was only a dream. Of course it was.

 

“Jaejoong, are you alright?” asked Yunho, whose body was also shaking. As soon as the date was over, he took the girl back home and then drove off to his father to return him the car. After that, he hurried to Jaejoong, but was quite worried because he kept calling him and texting him, but he received no replies. His fear had only risen when the other one wouldn't answer the door, but much to his luck, Jaejoong hadn't locked the door, so he had no troubles getting inside. He found Jaejoong in his bed, crying and calling out his name. “It was just a dream, are you okay?”

 

“Yeah,” muttered Jaejoong and widened when he saw Yunho's fingers shaking as his younger lover started wiping his tears from his face and the man quickly looked away. “I'm sorry for making you so worried, I-”

 

“Why weren't you answering your phone?” snapped Yunho. “Do you know how worried I was?!”

 

“I must've fallen asleep,” said Jaejoong and then frowned. “Why were you worried anyways? You knew that I was here waiting for you.”

 

“T-that's true and that's not the point that you were home, I wasn't worried like that,” replied Yunho. “I know that the date was longer than we agreed and because you weren't replying to my texts or calls I was very worried that you might be angry with me,” explained the younger one and then sighed. After a few more moments of silence, Yunho took Jaejoong's hand into his own and looked at him. “It did bother you, right? I mean that's why you had those nightmares, you were calling out my name, I'm sorry.”

 

“Of course it bothered me, but you shouldn't apologise,” said Jaejoong and sighed, happy to see that Yunho was finally by his side. “So how was the date?” he then asked.

 

“Awful,” replied Yunho and then lied down, feeling both mentally and physically exhausted. That girl was a lot of working and pretending to be in a relationship with her for 3 weeks was going to be a pain in the . “She is awful, spoiled rich brat... god, you should've have seen her. At first she complained about the location where we met, it wasn't classy enough for her or something like that,” said Yunho. “Then she expected me to take her shopping and buy her something as an apology for being distant to her, but I finally had it enough and told her that there was no way that I would continue going out with such an annoying and spoiled person. However, she of course had a sudden change of heart and became all sweet,” went on by saying Yunho and rolled his eyes, obviously not buying Sungmi's apologies and sweet words. “After drinks we ended up going to the cinema and that's why I'm late. I also had to take her back home, leave the car at my father's house and explain to him why I didn't want to spend the night at his place.”

 

“Oh,” was all that Jaejoong said, feeling even more stupid than before. He couldn't believe that he got so jealous and in the end it looked like Yunho had an even worse day than him. “I was curious why you stopped replying to my texts and why were you so late. I figured that you were having a nice time and-”

 

“As if,” said Yunho much louder than he expected it to sound. “Why were you even thinking like that? I've told you already, haven't I? This wasn't a real date and I have no intentions of being in a real relationship with someone besides you. Why is it so hard for you to believe that? Like, seriously...”

 

“I'm sorry,” replied the older one with a small voice and Yunho' heart sunk to the pit of his stomach when he saw the troubled expression on Jaejoong's face. Again, the man looked so vulnerable and it made Yunho's heart ache, because he knew that it must've been heart for Jaejoong to gain trust in him after what had happened to him in the past. “I was just thinking about-”

 

“I'm not like him,” said Yunho quickly and placed his finger under Jaejoong's chin, lifting his gaze up. “I'm not Shiwon, I won't hurt you like he did. I don't know what he did to you, but I would never hurt you like he had.”

 

Jaejoong's eyes widened when Shiwon's name was mentioned and his heart filled itself with sadness and hurt. He then looked up at Yunho and he could see that the younger male looked offended. Great, just great. It wasn't as if he was trying to compare Yunho to Shiwon, not at all. Yet, deep inside he was so afraid of being cheated on once again, that the irrational fear kept coming back, no matter how much he trusted and loved Yunho.

 

“I know that,” said the older male and sighed. “I'm not comparing you to him and it isn't like I don't trust you, because I do. I just-”

 

“Just what the hell did he do to you?” asked Yunho, wanting to come to the bottom of this.

 

“He cheated on me,” said Jaejoong with a small voice and then sighed. “It wasn't just a one-time thing, it's been going on for years. We were a couple for almost three years and I was very well aware of the fact that he was being unfaithful, but I guess I kept ignoring all of red flags, until one day when I came back from work and I found him in bed with another guy,” he said and Yunho sighed, finally realising it why it hurt Jaejoong so much him going on with that girl, even though it wasn't 'real'. “But what hurts the most is the way that he handled our break up... He said that he got bored of me, that he had never loved me and that he grew to h-hate me.”

 

“That son of a ,” said Yunho, feeling pissed off. How on Earth could someone say something like that to Jaejoong?! He knew that if he got a chance to meet that guy, he would probably kill him with his bare hands. “How could someone say-”

 

“There's no point in getting angry at him now,” said Jaejoong and shrugged. “I just want to apologise for acting so... childish. I mean, what's in the past is in the past. I want you to know that I would never compare you to him. It's just that I might sometimes have a hard time with-” started explaining Jaejoong, but was interrupted when Yunho wrapped arms around his body and pulled him down onto the bed, squeezed him into a tight embrace. “Y-Yunho?”

 

“Don't,” whispered Yunho and placed a kiss on top of Jaejoong's head. “Don't apologise or call yourself childish. You loved him and that bastard broke your heart, so it's completely understandable that your wounds haven't healed yet.”

 

“Yeah,” whispered Jaejoong back, finally allowing himself to smile. He was happy that Yunho was being so understanding and kind to him. Wrapping his own arms around Yunho's neck, Jaejoong moved closer to his lower and pressed their lips a few times together, earning a small chuckle from his younger lover. “But I have you now and I think that I'll be finally able to move on and forget the heartache that he had caused me.”

 

“Good. I promise to wipe out all of the memories you have of him and I'll fill your mind with only me and our happy memories,” said Yunho, trying to keep his smirk as he realised how cheesy his words sounded.

 

“Yunho,” breathed Jaejoong out, his face heating up from embarrassment and he then rolled his eyes when he saw that Yunho's smirk remained. “Thank you... again,” he then said after a moment or so. “I love you.”

 

“'Love you too, Jaejoong.”