Chapter 15

Falling for forbidden

Next day

Yunho stayed over at Jaejoong’s for the night, since there was no way that he could leave the other one after that had happened; the date. However, they went to the university separately, mainly because Yunho was too lazy to get up and go with the other one so early. The young man didn’t have classes until quite late into the day, so there was no point for him of waking up earlier and he was more than glad that Jaejoong let him sleep in. But, by the time that Yunho had woken up, he was already running late and his eyes widened when he woke up and saw what the time already was.

So because of this, he got dressed in hurry, collected his things and then hurried into the direction of university, taking a subway to get there, since Jaejoong had taken the car and was more than glad that he arrived on time, knowing that Jaejoong probably wouldn’t be too amused if he would happen to run late for his lesson.

When he was closer to the university, he stopped for a few moments, to even out his breathing since he was practically running throughout the whole time. After a few more moments, he finally decided to continue his way to the school, having a small smile because Jaejoong’s class was the first thing that he was having that day and he was always happy when the day would start with Jaejoong’s class. Now that they were together, Yunho enjoyed the man’s classes even more. Just seeing Jaejoong in his moment seemed something special to Yunho and only then he was able to tell how much the other one loved his job. It was as if he was a completely different person when he was in class and a small chuckle left Yunho’s lips.

He then sighed and just as he was about to step inside of the building, someone jumped behind his back and covered his eyes, making Yunho let out a surprised yelp, since he was so lost into the train of his thoughts that he completely blocked out everything else. “What the hell is-?” he said with a much louder voice, but was interrupted by the person, who was covering his eyes.

“Guess who,” said a soft voice, which obviously belonged to Sungmi and Yunho quickly placed his hands on top of hers and removed them away. He then turned around and straightened up his clothes and made a few steps back. Oh right, he had completely forgotten that she was attending the same university as he was! “Why are you looking at me like that?” she asked when Yunho’s previous smiling face turned into an annoyed one.

“Huh?” he asked.

She puffed her cheeks and rolled her eyes, not really believing that the other one could be this dense. “Don’t play with me, you looked so happy before. But now, that I came, you look somehow… different. It’s like you aren’t glad to see me,” she then said, crossed her arms and turned away, showing her back to Yunho.

The young male raised his left eyebrow and scratched the back of his head, wondering what to do. It was obvious that the other one wanted to be comforted and Yunho just sighed, looking at his clock and his eyes widened when he saw that he was already running late for Jaejoong’s class. His eyes then found Sungmi once again and he guessed that his best bet was to apologise and then leave. “Of course I’m happy to see you,” he replied with a forced smile and then shifted his weight from one leg to the other one. “I’m just late for class, so I don’t have time-”

“Oh,” she chirped, turning around and Yunho had to restrain himself from rolling his eyes. The thing that had annoyed him the most about her was how fake she was being. Now was the same as the previous day; she was acting like a brat at one moment and then changed into a completely different person when she saw that Yunho didn’t like the way she was acting. That somehow made Yunho wonder… what kind of a person was she really? He hated when people masked their true selves. “Then it’s okay. You know what, I have a free period right now and I was thinking if maybe you could join me and my friends over for drinks,” she said, grabbed Yunho’s wrist and started dragging him along.

Yunho then stopped and yanked her hand away, looking away. “Didn’t you hear what I said earlier? I have class right now and I’m already late for it.”

“That’s okay, you can skip it. I’m sure that the professor won’t mind it too much,” she said with a smile on his face. “Plus I’m sure that I’m more important to you than that class, right?”

Yunho couldn’t believe it; was she actually making him choose between her and Jaejoong? It was a pointless game that she was playing since there was nothing to choose really; it would always be Jaejoong for him. Plus, meeting her friends? No way in hell that Yunho would do that, they were probably just a bunch of rich and snobby girls. “The answer is simple really; the class is far more important to me than you,” was what Yunho blurted out and then realised that there might’ve been a better way to let her know that.

“Really?” she asked, looking really shocked and insulted. “And which class are you having if I may ask?”

“Math,” was Yunho’s short reply.

“Professor Kim, huh?” she asked with a small voice and looked at Yunho, who could’ve sworn that he saw a glint of real emotion in her eyes… sadness and disappointment perhaps? The way that she said Jaejoong’s name made Yunho kind of nervous and it made him wonder; did she know something? Feeling coldness creeping up his back and neck, Yunho made a few steps back and then cleared his throat.

“Y-yeah, I have Professor Kim and well you know how he gets when someone is late for his class,” said Yunho, avoiding making eye-contact with the girl and Sungmi could tell that. With a heavy heart, she somehow managed to nod and forced a small smile upon her face.

“So he’s…” she started, but then soon stopped talking and Yunho felt his heart fastening once again. Realising that she had told too much, Sungmi decided to stop talking for a few moments and then she sighed, forcing herself to look at Yunho. “I mean, y-you would rather go to the class than to go out with me. Do you really not care for me?”

Deadly silence fell between the two of them and Yunho swallowed thickly; she definitely knew something. Did his mother tell her something about him and Jaejoong?! At that thought Yunho’s heart only fastened and he felt how his body was growing hotter and hotter, what was he supposed to do? “Of course I do, but I have to go to class. I’ve been skipping classes a lot recently and I can’t do it anymore,” he lied in hope that the other one would believe him. Much to Yunho’s luck, Sungmi decided to let it go for the time being and she nodded.

“Then, I guess I’ll see you later?” she tried again.

“Y-yeah of course. I’ll call you, okay?” said Yunho and felt weight lifting off of his chest when she nodded. “Great. Well, then see you later,” he said, turned around and hurried inside of building, praying that Jaejoong wasn’t going to be too pissed off.

As Yunho went inside of the university, Sungmi sighed and then shrugged; pity, she really wanted to spend some more time with Yunho. The other one looked like a really good guy and since her parents made it very clear to her that the two of them were going to have to get married, she wanted to make him fall in love with her as quickly as it was possible. Yunho’s mother had told her that Yunho was definitely interested in her and Sungmi was of course really happy to hear that, since Yunho was coming from a rich family as well. But now after meeting him, she wasn’t so sure about him.


Jaejoong was already sitting in the lecture hall and was waiting for his class to come and start the period. As he was waiting, he leaned back in his chair and a small smile came upon his face. After talking to Yunho about Shiwon the last night, made him feel a lot better and he got a feeling that the two of them had gotten even closer now. With that on his mind, Jaejoong leaned forward, supporting his head with his hand and he then sighed, his smile widening because he knew that Yunho was soon going to show up.

The other one looked adorable in the morning, when Jaejoong woke up before him. Since the other one was still asleep, the man allowed himself to stare at Yunho’s sleeping face for quite some time and just the thought of that made Jaejoong feel both relaxed and happy; excited for the new day. He continued to think about his younger lover for a few more minutes, before the door of the lecture room opened and students started coming inside. Jaejoong was quite surprised to see that Yunho was nowhere, but in the end he guessed that the other one decided to sleep in. Chucking at that, Jaejoong stood up and started with the class, not really minding that the other one decided to skip the class.

Ten minutes later or so, someone knocked onto the door of the room and Jaejoong hurried to it, opening the door wide for whoever was knocking on the other side and a wide smile came upon his face when he saw Yunho standing in front of him. The younger’s male breathing was rapid and his face was flushed; it looked like the other had been running and Jaejoong had to restrain himself from chuckling.

“So, you’ve finally decided to join us, huh?” said Jaejoong playfully and let Yunho inside of the room.

Yunho, who thought that that his professor was upset with him, bowed down in apology and closed his eyes. “I’m very sorry for running late, professor,” said Yunho and then straightened himself up. “I over slept and when I was on my way here I ran into someone. So because of this I’m late and I would like to apologise for-”

Jaejoong folded his arms on his chest and raised his left eyebrow in amusement; so Yunho thought that he was angry with him. It still amused the older male that Yunho could get sometimes like that and to him it was sort of adorable to see Yunho get so worked up over nothing. “Yunho, I’m not in the mood to be listening to your whole biography right now,” said the professor playfully and Yunho quickly looked at him. As Jaejoong said that, some of other students started laughing and Yunho looked around, his face flushing even more.

“So you aren’t angry?” whispered Yunho, so that Jaejoong was the only one who could hear him and Jaejoong smiled.

“Of course not,” said Jaejoong and then sighed, walking to the whiteboard. “Now, please go take a sit and let me continue the lesson, okay?”

“Yes, sir,” said Yunho politely and walked to the back of the lecture hall and sat down.

After that, Jaejoong continued with the lesson and throughout the whole lesson nothing special happened. Yunho kept silent and was taking the notes while Jaejoong kept on explaining how to solve various mathematical problems. When the class was over, all of the students, but Yunho, left the classroom and Jaejoong walked to the door, locking it before he walked to his lover, who was in the middle of putting his things into his bag. Yunho immediately stopped that when he saw a shadow hovering over him and when he straightened himself up, he saw Jaejoong, who was sitting on top of his desk, making Yunho chuckle at the process.

Without saying anything, Jaejoong leaned down, grabbed the collar of Yunho’s shirt, pulling him up a bit and giving him a few gentle kisses. The younger male smiled into their kiss and then placed his hands on the desk, on each side of Jaejoong, before moving them to the older male’s legs and Jaejoong immediately opened his eyes, but did nothing to stop Yunho when the other one moved his hands to his hips and slightly deepened their kiss by tilting his head to the side. Jaejoong’s lips moved smoothly against the others, leaving small pecks between breaths before lingering on his bottom lip Yunho then Jaejoong’s lower lip, begging for entry. A small gasp escaped Jaejoong’s lips when Yunho pled for entry and he accepted him by slightly parting his lips.

A small smirk came upon Yunho’s lips and he took the bait, slowly slipping his tongue inside of his professor’s hot cavern and he made sure that he swallowed the other one’s every moan, until he had Jaejoong slightly trembling in his hands. Jaejoong couldn’t help himself but to moan as Yunho continued to devour him at that right spot and a small yelp escaped his mouth when Yunho’s arms were wrapped around his waist, pulling him forward, until he found himself sitting on his lover’s lap. With a chuckle, Jaejoong leaned forward and placed a few more kisses against Yunho’s soft lips and then pulled back a bit, pressing their foreheads together.

“What was that for?” asked Yunho, whose breathing was laboured and Jaejoong just shrugged.

“Do I need an excuse to kiss my boyfriend?” asked the man, faint blush welcoming his face.

Yunho’s heart fluttered with happiness when he heard Jaejoong say that word and a huge smile came upon his face. “No, not at all,” he then replied. “You may continue,” added Yunho and Jaejoong his lower lip, tempted by the younger one’s preposition, but then quickly reminded himself where he was.

“Later,” replied Jaejoong against Yunho’s lips, kissing him again. With a huge disappointment, Yunho watched how Jaejoong got off of him and he then smiled. “Are you hungry? We can grab something to eat in the cafeteria,” suddenly said Jaejoong and Yunho’s face brightened.

“Yeah,” said Yunho and then got onto his legs as well.

“So how come that you were late for my class?” asked Jaejoong as the two of them were walking towards exit. “You’re usually never late for my classes.”

“It’s just as I said before; I slept too long and I would’ve come here on time if I didn’t run into her,” said Yunho and then looked at Jaejoong, who had a confusion written on his face. It was clear that Jaejoong didn’t know who he was talking about. “The girl I went on the date yesterday, Sungmi. I bumped into her in front of the university.”

“What the hell was she looking here? Is she stalking you now?” asked Jaejoong, earning a chuckle from Yunho.

“She is a student here, I’ve told you, haven’t I?” asked Yunho and then shrugged. “It looked as if he was waiting for me. Before I was able to get away, I was running late already,” he then added and sighed. “The fact that she’s a student here, it’s going to make all of this even harder. She will probably want to hang out with me and other stuff.”

Jaejoong pushed his lips together, but said nothing. He then nodded, not really liking the fact that the girl was one of the students on the university as well. But at the same time, he reminded himself that he needed to act more mature about the whole thing, so he just brushed it off. “Don’t worry about it,” he said and forced a small smile, before taking Yunho’s hand into his own and gave it a gentle squeeze. “It’s going to be okay. It’s just three weeks.”

Surprised by how Jaejoong was being all of the sudden about everything surprised Yunho, but at the same time it made him feel calm and he smiled. “Yeah, I guess you’re right,” he said, before letting go off Jaejoong’s hand as the other one opened the door. “Can I come over today as well?” asked Yunho after the two of them headed to the cafeteria and Jaejoong nodded with a smile.

“Of course,” said the man and his smile grew as Yunho playfully bumped into his with his shoulder. Jaejoong allowed himself to look at his student and he let out a happy sigh; he sure was going to miss this. When Yunho would change schools, he knew that many things would change; some for the best and some for the worst.

The duo had almost reached the cafeteria, but was soon stopped by a girl that was unknown to Jaejoong, but Yunho’s sigh and the roll of his eyes was enough to let him know who the other one was. So, that was Sungmi, the one that Yunho would have to be in a relationship. Feeling struck with jealousy once again, Jaejoong resisted himself from wrapping his arms around Yunho and instead he made a few steps back as the other one came closer to the two of them.

Happy with the fact that he would be able to spend the rest of the day with Jaejoong, Yunho kept on playfully flirting with his older lover, but his good mood suddenly disappeared when he saw Sungmi, who was apparently waiting for him in front of the cafeteria and he couldn’t stop himself from rolling his eyes. When the other one started walking towards them, Yunho felt how his chest tightened when Jaejoong distanced from himself and his heart dropped when Jaejoong kept looking away. Sighing, Yunho decided to wait for the other one to come to him, since she was walking towards him anyway.

“Yunho, are you on your free period right now?” asked Sungmi happily and batted with her eyelashes playfully, in hope that that would have some kind of affect on Yunho, but was soon disappointed when she saw that he wasn’t really keen on seeing her right now, so she pouted. What the hell was wrong with him?! “Jesus, you don’t have to look so unhappy about seeing me, you know.”

“I’m not,” lied Yunho and forced a smile.

“Oh?” she asked and then after a few moments of silence, she soon ‘figured out’ what had to be the reason for Yunho’s bad mood. “Then something must’ve happened in the class, right? Is this why Professor Kim is with you right now?” she whispered, but was loud enough for Jaejoong to hear it and his heart started beating faster, suddenly feeling very uncomfortable and he just wanted to get away from the situation.

“What?” blurted out Yunho and turned around, where he saw Jaejoong standing and it was written all over his face that he didn’t want to be there anymore. Now really surprised with that, Yunho turned back to Sungmi and crossed his arms. “Are you suggesting that he’s the reason for my bad mood?”

“Exactly,” she said and shook her head. “I’ve never liked him, you know,” Sungmi whispered, much quieter this time and Jaejoong frowned, because he couldn’t hear what she was saying. However, he guessed that it must’ve been something bad when he saw the expression on Yunho’s face. “He never was my professor, but people talk and well… There’s a lot of rumours about him. Did you know that one of the rumours say that he is gay? Like, this is so gross and I really admire you for being able taking his classes. I could never-”

“Stop talking!” snapped Yunho, who had it enough by the time being. He tried being calm around her, he really tried, but he snapped when Sungmi started talking about Jaejoong. He couldn’t stand it and he couldn’t believe that she dared to say all that about Jaejoong, while he was standing really close to them. She really was the worst and she suddenly became one of the people that Yunho despised the most.

Jaejoong almost jumped when Yunho suddenly started yelling and he considered going to the duo, but stopped himself at the last time. Since he didn’t know what the two of them were talking about, Jaejoong decided to keep his distance. Yunho, on the other hand, was beyond pissed off. His face was flushed with anger and he could hear his hear bumping in his head.

“Did you really just tell me to-”

“Yes, I did. Shut up, shut the hell up,” said Yunho again with a much louder voice and pushed Sungmi away. A surprised yelp left Sungmi’s mouth when the other one suddenly pushed her and her eyes widened. Her eyes found Yunho’s face and her heart started beating with the speed of light, because the other one looked furious. Yunho’s eyes were darkened with anger and she suddenly took a few steps back, squeezing herself against the wall and she closed her eyes. Yunho clenched his jaw and started walking towards, but was stopped by Jaejoong, who quickly grabbed his arm and stopped him from doing stupid.

“Stop it!” said Jaejoong with a cold voice. When Yunho pushed the girl, Jaejoong’s body reacted on its own and he quickly grabbed Yunho, preventing him to do something that he wouldn’t like. He knew how Yunho could get when someone pissed him off and he knew that he would be able to calm down if he was there with him. “Yunho, listen to me and stop it already!” he said again, because Yunho started struggling him.

Sungmi squeezed herself tighter against the wall and wrapped arms around her body, feeling the fear growing inside of her heart. Feeling oblivious to her own mistake, she really didn’t know why Yunho was acing like that all of the sudden. Tears started streaming down her face when she heard Jaejoong yelling again and she then covered her ears.

When Yunho finally calmed down a little bit, Jaejoong let go off his arm and the younger one turned around, his body still shaking with fear. “I’m sorry,” whispered Yunho. “I didn’t mean to snap like this and if-”

“You shouldn’t be apologising to me,” said Jaejoong and shook his head, his eyes going onto Sungmi. “Go apologise to her,” he then added, not believing himself that he was really saying that. He knew that he should dislike Sungmi as well, but still no matter what she said, Yunho was the one at fault here. He shouldn’t have snapped like that!

“To her?” asked Yunho in disbelief. Why should he be the one apologising to her?! Even though he was supposed to be nice to her, there was still no way that he would swallow his pride and go apologise to her after she had said all of those horrible things about Jaejoong. “B-but… she said so many horrible things about-”

“You’ll tell me later, now go to her and say you’re sorry… even though you don’t mean it.”

“Fine,” said Yunho in the end, since he didn’t want to argue with Jaejoong as well and painfully slowly stepped next to Sungmi, who was still crying. Yunho had to restrain himself from rolling his eyes, her tears had to affect on him, so it was pointless really for her to be pretending to cry. Even though, yes, she looked afraid, but Yunho still didn’t feel sorry for her. “Sungmi, I’m sorry,” whispered Yunho and Sungmi quickly looked at him.

“W-what?”

“I’m sorry,” repeated Yunho. “For snapping at you… I’m sorry.”

“That’s not enough. Say it like you mean it,” said Sungmi, making Yunho’s annoyance grow once again and at that, Jaejoong also saw that there was no point in trying to be polite to her. She really was a spoiled and rich brat. “Also, if you’re really sorry you have to take me out on another date today. You’ll meet my friends and-”

“No,” said Yunho and shook his head. “Here I am trying to be nice to you, but you are being horrible. I can’t be with someone like you, I don’t want to be with someone like. I told you yesterday, didn’t I? I hate people like you.”

“T-then help me change.”

“No, find another fool for that because I am done with you, it’s not worth trying,” said Yunho and looked at Jaejoong, who looked quite shocked. In Jaejoong’s opinion, Yunho’s words were a bit too harsh, but at the same time he said nothing to stop Yunho; he knew that it was the best not to get involved. He might only be making things worse by interfering. “And you know what; yes, you are very beautiful on the outside. It fact you might be one of the most beautiful girls that I’ve gone out with, but your personality is rotten. You are ugly on the inside and I have no interest in dating people like you.”

Sungmi’s eyes widened when Yunho said that and all of the colour left her face, suddenly becoming really pale. “Y-you don’t mean that.”

“I do,” said Yunho and shook his head. “And it’s best of the both of us to stop trying to make this work. We’ve only been on one date, but I already can’t stand you. I know that this must sound harsh to you. I’ve been once like you, acting like a spoiled brat and it got me nowhere,” went on by saying Yunho and then looked at Jaejoong, who gave him a small smile. “But I soon realised that that led me to nowhere and I ended up hurting myself and a person that I liked at that time.”

“Y-you… no, this isn’t supposed to end like this,” said Sungmi, her eyes welling up with real tears that time. “I just wanted you to like me, I’ve never wanted to-”

“Listen, don’t try with the tears again,” said Yunho. “I know that you probably don’t like me either. We ended up going on a date because of out parents’ wishes, but this isn’t being fair… neither to me or you. We won’t make each other happy.”

“T-that’s not true,” she whispered with a small voice.

“Now, please… leave,” said Yunho, with a gentler voice this time.

“B-but…”

“Sungmi,” said Yunho. “Please, don’t make me upset again.”

Sungmi swallowed thickly and then watched how Jaejoong and Yunho walked away, quickly wiping the tears from her face since she didn’t want other people to think that she had been crying. What Yunho had said was true, it was unfair of their parents wanting them to be together, but if she couldn’t make them happy then what? Her mother had told her so many times that it wasn’t really her choice with who she was going to end up with and after going on so many horrible blind dates, she was more than happy to know that someone decent like Yunho was interested in her. She was absolutely sick of being called a failure throughout her entire life. Her mother called her a failure for not making any of her relationships last, so that was why she was trying so hard to make this one work. But as she expected, she had no success, Yunho was not interested in her and she could tell that from beginning. There was no way that she was going to let her mother or Yunho’s parents know that the other one had dumped her after one single date, because she knew that her parents would make it her fault. Sungmi just wanted to make her parents proud by making something work for her. So, she was prepared to go far to make this work; if it meant sabotaging Yunho’s happiness, then so be it. It wouldn’t be the first time that she’d do something like that and she was prepared to do it again.