*Update, author's block and hiatus*

Falling for forbidden

Sungmi was still standing on the bridge, leaning over its fence and she had her eyes closed. To be honest, she didn't even know how long had she been standing there, but when she opened her eyes, she saw that more and more people were gathering around her. It made her angry and sad; why did so many people have to be there? She felt as if she was a caged animal that was put out for display for other people to criticise and enjoy. Her whole life had been like this and she was so sick of it, for once she wanted to be alone and she knew a perfect way to make that happen. Her grip around the fence tightened and she glanced at Jaejoong again, who still had his arm extended out and was begging her to take his hand.

The man was promising her many promises and she knew that he meant his every word. However, Sungmi knew it far too well that her mother was never going to allow her happiness even if she was about to break free like Yunho did. Sungmi would always have to live with this hole deep inside her heart and there was nothing that could make it go away. The fact that her own mother was never going to love her was enough to make her give up on her life; it wasn’t worth trying anymore. Plus, if she was about to survive this and her mother was somehow going to find out that she tried to kill herself again, things would get even worse.

“Sungmi, don’t!” snapped Jaejoong when he saw that Sungmi was leaning forward and fear filled his heart once again. They were standing there for more than ten excruciating minutes, but to him it felt even more than that. He then looked at Yunho, who was also in the end with his nerves and all that the young man wanted to do was to grab Sungmi and drag her away from that bridge. But both of them knew that they needed to be careful not to do something that would make Sungmi hurt herself or even worse.

“Take his hand,” said Yunho softly this time and that made the girl look up, her red and puffy eyes finding Yunho’s and her breath shook. Her heart was beating with the speed of light and when she looked back down, she became sick. Only then she came to the realisation where she really was and tears started rolling down her face. It only hit her then how stupid her actions were and she swallowed back a small sob.

“I need to get help,” she then whispered to herself and then looked back, to where Jaejoong and Yunho were. She noticed that the man was moving closer and she quickly turned around, extending her arm towards him as well.

“Thank god,” whispered Jaejoong. At that point, a huge weight lifted off of Jaejoong’s chest and he ran towards the girl, took her hand and pulled her away from the fence and gave her a tight hug. When Jaejoong hugged Sungmi, her eyes widened and more tears started spilling from her eyes. She gripped the fabric of the man’s shirt and then continued sobbing in his arms.

Yunho knelt next to the two of them and placed his hand on top of Sungmi’s head. The girl didn’t look at him, but Yunho wasn’t even too surprised with that. He couldn’t imagine what was Sungmi going through and he was feeling horrible for treating her so bad in the past; it was true that she made a lot of troubles both for him and Jaejoong, but he still felt horrible and he was determined to make things get better for Sungmi; she didn’t deserve all of the hate she was getting from both of her family and his own. He needed to teach her how to move on and to stop trying to gain you parent’s love. If it was impossible to get some in a return, then you needed to move on; just like Yunho did.

“We’ll take you home,” said Jaejoong softly and Sungmi’s eyes widened at that, shaking her head in protest. No, anywhere but home! She wanted to run away, but her legs couldn’t support her weight and she just closed her eyes tightly.

“No, please,” she said in between her sobbing, breaking the hug with Jaejoong and wrapped her arms around herself, trying to even out her rapid breathing and was desperate to clear her own thoughts. Sungmi knew that she needed to get hold of herself, but she couldn’t do anything about it. If she returned back home, then things would get even worse. “P-please, anywhere but home,” said Sungmi and looked at Yunho. “If I go back, then-”

Jaejoong sighed and shook his head; getting Sungmi go back home was the only rational idea that came into his mind. From what he heard, he knew that Sungmi’s family must’ve been even more horrible than Yunho’s, but he couldn’t just let her go. Plus, her family needed to know that the poor girl almost committed suicide. Maybe then, someone would finally realise how bad the things have gotten for Sungmi and would stop pressuring her into things that she didn’t want to be doing.

“Jaejoong is right,” muttered Yunho and moved a bit closer to the girl.

“Your parents need to know what is happening,” said the man and got slowly onto his legs, the crowd of people becoming bigger as they were sitting near the bridge. He really wanted to go from there, because they really didn’t need a bunch of curious eyes on them at that right moment. “Maybe then they will understand,” he added and Sungmi shook her head.

“No, my mom would never understand. It’s never about me, but it’s all about her. If she was about to find out what I wanted to do, then I am sure that things would get so much worse than they already are,” said Sungmi and looked at Yunho, who stood up as well and extended his hand out to Sungmi. At first she didn’t take it, but his warm smile was enough to calm her down a little bit and in the end, she took his hand, slowly standing up. God, she felt completely powerless and she could barely stand up, her whole body still shaking from before.

“What about your dad?” asked Yunho. “You mentioned that he’s more understanding that your mom.”

“N-no, he must never find out that I almost k-killed myself,” whispered Sungmi, knowing that something like that would crush her father and hurting him was the last thing that she wanted to do. There needed to be something else that they could think of! “It would kill him if he would find out what is happening. D-don’t tell him.”

“We need to tell someone, Sungmi!” said Jaejoong, who was slowly getting impatient. “Come on let’s go to my car. We will take you home and have a talk with your parents. Honestly, that is the only thing that we can do right now.”

Jaejoong looked at Yunho, who nodded and wrapped an arm around Sungmi’s waist as they slowly started walking towards the man’s car. The girl cried in the man’s arms, but nodded and felt a lot better knowing that she finally had some people on her side that supported her. Maybe with their help, her mother and her father could finally understand what was going on in her life.

After Jaejoong had a talk with the girl’s parents, the woman and the man finally understood the whole picture and Sungmi was surprised that even her mother had tears in her life when she learned what he daughter was about to do. Who knew, maybe things were finally going to turn out better for her. But, before that was going to happen, she needed real, professional help, so that she could finally get out of her depression. She wasn’t ready before, but now she felt a lot better. Even if her parents weren’t going to support her, there were still Jaejoong and Yunho who were on her side, no matter how much hurt she caused them.


So that's all that I written before my writer's block came up. It's not much, I know, but at least the horrible cliff hanger has ended, in a way. The story is nowhere near finished, I am aware of that, but I can't help it. I've been just lacking motivation on this fanfic, so I know that it's been a while since I've updated this. I feel horrible, but I can't help it. No matter what I do, I cannot seem to finish this one, so I am afraid that it's going to stay unfinished, unfortunally. I don't know, I feel terrible about it... I really do, because I feel as if I'm disappointing people and this is the last thing that I want to do... but it is what it is. I hope you liked this chapter even though it was short & terrible ~