Chapter 12

Falling for forbidden

 

When Yunho was done with lessons for that day, he didn't go straight to the principal, he couldn't bring himself to go there without seeing Jaejoong first. He didn't know if Jaejoong forgave him already or not, but he decided not to care about that matter even though it sounded really selfish. The need to see Jaejoong was so big that he cared for nothing else. Maybe seeing Jaejoong would calm him down, even though Yunho doubted that. There was no way that he could be calm, things were going to end badly.

 

As Yunho was dragging himself towards Jaejoong's office, he tried to come up with the best lie or excuse when the old man would accuse him and Jaejoong of being together. He needed to come up with something; there was no way that he was going to admit being together with his professor. As Yunho was walking, he was so nervous and he couldn't remember when was the last time that he felt like that. It was probably back in the day, when he was still a child and he listening to his parent's fights. A lump formed in Yunho's throat and he swallowed thickly, almost as if he was trying to push it down.

 

When he finally came in front of Jaejoong's office, he looked around just to see if someone was looking. Much to his luck, he was alone in the hallway, since most of the people had already gone home or had more classes. He then took in a deep breath and knocked on the door a few times and then stepped back a little bit, hoping that Jaejoong was in. Honestly, he didn't know what to do if the other one wasn't inside. He needed to ask the older male for advice; he had learned it the hard way that he shouldn't fix things on his own.

 

Jaejoong, who was in his office, was reading a book, well at least trying to. He tried really hard to focus on what was written in it, but he soon gave up. Just who was he kidding, of course he couldn't focus on reading it after the principal had told him that he needed to have a little talk with Yunho. Since the man didn't say anything to him, Jaejoong had told him that maybe the older one wanted to discuss something else with the student. However, the more that he was thinking, the worse he was feeling.

 

He tried telling himself that everything was going to be alright; the principal probably didn't know about his and Yunho's relationship, because Jaejoong knew that the man would first go to him and not the student. Even though he knew all of that, he still couldn't relax. He also tried to convince himself that he didn't really care about his job; he could always find a new one if he was about to lose this one. However, since people would find out that he had been with his own student, Jaejoong knew that his license as a teacher would be taken from him; he could never teach again. He really loved Yunho and he didn't want to be separated from him... but still; the job meant a lot to him.

 

He sighed and leaned back in his chair, placing the book down. He looked at the clock and guessed that Yunho was already done with his classes. So, that meant that he was already with the principal. Jaejoong's heart fastened at that and he then exhaled a few times, still trying to talk himself into believing that nothing bad was going to happen. Then, suddenly someone knocked onto the door of his office and all of the colour left Jaejoong's face. Thinking that it was the principal, Jaejoong quickly got onto his legs and started pacing around the room in panic.

 

“, , ,” said Jaejoong and then stopped, trying to even out his breathing; he couldn't risk the principal seeing him so afraid. ''I have to calm down, I need to calm down. Come on, for God's sake; everything is going to be alright... I needs to be,'' he then said to himself and then finally stepped closer to the door, opening it.

 

Since Jaejoong was expecting the principal to be standing in front of the door, his eyes widened when he saw Yunho and he then closed his eyes, exhaling deeply. He could feel how weight lifted off of his chest for the time being and he opened the door wider, letting his student in. When the door was opened, Yunho could see that Jaejoong was just as afraid as he was and he chewed on his lower lip, feeling guilty. When Jaejoong opened the door wider, his mood kind of brightened and a small smile came upon the younger male's face. Politely bowing to his professor, Yunho slowly walked inside and waited for Jaejoong to join him.

 

“What did he say?” asked Jaejoong quickly and turned around to face the young man.

 

“I didn't go there yet,” muttered Yunho and looked down, his heart speeding up. Was Jaejoong still angry with him? Did he forgive him yet? With all of this on his mind, Yunho felt his chest tightening and he let out a hitched breath, wishing that the whole situation could be easier.

 

“Then why are you here?” asked Jaejoong confused and stepped closer to Yunho, who was still looking at the floor. The professor noticed that Yunho's body was shaking a little bit and at that, Jaejoong sighed. Yunho looked so scared that it made Jaejoong's heart hurt and he wished that there was something in his power to make Yunho look less broken, because he really couldn't handle that sight of him.

 

“I needed to see you before I went to him,” said Yunho barely audible and Jaejoong nodded, knowing that something like that must've been the case. He would actually be surprised if Yunho didn't come by before heading of to the principal's room. Because Yunho still wouldn't look at him, the older male stepped close and hugged his face, slowly lifting it up. Jaejoong's eyes widened when he saw Yunho's face; he was really pale and the younger one's eyes were red; he looked terrified. ''I'm so scared,'' whispered Yunho and sighed. ''I ed up; I tried to be a hero, but I ended up screwing everything up. Not only that my mom had gone to the principal, but I've hurt you as well.''

 

“Don't worry about me right now, I'm alright,” replied Jaejoong, knowing that Yunho was still feeling horrible about their fight and he wasn't the only one. Jaejoong had already forgiven the other one and wished that he could come back to him; he was about to tell him that before the principal had said that he needed to see Yunho.

 

“It isn't right. I was being an idiot again, I was just looking after myself,” said Yunho and shook his head. ''I'm so selfish... I should've just switched schools and that would be it. But now, everything is over. I've ruined your career,'' he said and firmed loose fists with his hands. ''I made you cry... I don't deserve to be with someone like you... All I do is hurt you.''

 

“That's not true, you know that,” said Jaejoong. ''I forgive you. I know that you didn't want to hurt me on purpose; you were just trying to help the best way that you knew.''

 

“By being a selfish brat?”

 

“You aren't a brat,” whispered Jaejoong and pressed a kiss against Yunho's lips. Even though Jaejoong had kissed him, Yunho didn't react. Of course Jaejoong forgave him; he was a mature, grown up man. It killed Yunho to see how good Jaejoong had been to him all along and he couldn't return that to Jaejoong without hurting him. ''And I love you.''

 

Yunho nodded, biting his lower lip. ''You are the best thing that had happened to me so far,'' said Yunho and sighed. He then straightened himself a little bit and took a few breaths in, just to collect himself a little bit. ''I love you too.''

 

“Good,” said Jaejoong and forced a smile. ''Now, go to him. After you're done, come here, okay?'' asked the professor and his student nodded. Yunho then left the room and headed straight to the principal, feeling a bit better about the whole thing. He didn't even know why, but Jaejoong was able to calm him down again.

 

Yunho then made his way to the first floor painfully slowly and stopped in front of the principal's room, his heart racing again. He then allowed himself to close his eyes for a few moments and when he opened them back, he didn't feel better. In fact, he felt a lot worse and he sighed. He didn't want to go inside, but he knew that he had no other choice. Tired of stalling, Yunho finally knocked onto the door, hearing his fast heartbeat in his ears. When a voice spoke from the other side of the door, Yunho almost jumped.

 

“Yes, yes, come inside,” said the principal and Yunho's palms suddenly became really sweaty. He then reminded himself not to look nervous, just in case if the principal really had no intentions of asking him about his relationship with Jaejoong. He then took in a deep breath and finally grabbed the door knob, letting himself inside. ''Oh, it's you Yunho,'' said the man and gave Yunho a huge smile. ''Come inside, come inside.''

 

“Thank you sir,” said the young man and bowed before closing the door and walking up to the principal, who still had a warm smile on his face. So far, so good.

 

''You can sit down, Yunho,'' said the man suddenly and Yunho gave him a confused look. ''Well, you don't have to be standing, sit down.''

 

“Ah, y-yes, sir. Thank you,” said Yunho and nodded, sitting down to the nearest chair that was to him. He then placed his trembling palms into his lap and started nervously playing with his fingers and kept staring down, waiting for the older one to start the conversation.

 

“Relax, boy,” said the man and laughed when he saw how nervous the student looked like. ''You are as white as a sheet, are you feeling alright?''

 

“A-ah yes, I'm perfectly fine. Just a bit tired, a lot of exams are coming up,” said Yunho and the man nodded; it was true anyway. The next few seconds of silence felt like hours to the young man and he didn't like the way that the principal was looking at him, it made him feel weird to have the man's eyes on him. Yunho knew that the older male was up to something and it was driving him nuts because he didn't know what was wrong. ''C-can I please ask you why you wanted to speak to me? Professor Kim said that you wanted to see me.''

 

“Ah, that,” said the man and nodded. ''Well, first I want to congratulate you, I see that your grades have gotten a lot better,'' said the principal and Yunho nodded. It might be weird to some people to have the principal personally congratulate you on your grades, but it was normal for Yunho. It had happened ever since he was a child; his parents told his teachers and principals to praise him for every little progress that he had made.

 

“Thank you,” said Yunho.

 

“It seems like Professor Kim did a good job on tutoring you, huh?”

 

Yunho flinched when Jaejoong was mentioned and he quickly nodded, looking down. ''Yes,'' said the young man. ''Even though I was being a huge pain in the , he really pulled through.''

 

“Well, of course... he is one of our best professors,” said the old man proudly and Yunho finally dared to look up. Seeing that the man was praising Jaejoong made Yunho feel a lot more at ease and he finally allowed himself to breathe properly. Maybe the other one really wanted to discuss something else with him. ''Now, moving on onto much more serious things,'' said the principal and Yunho froze again. ''Did you move, Yunho?''

 

''Huh?'' asked Yunho, his eyes widening. , , ... that was it! The principal knew, didn't he?! Yunho chewed on his lower lip and pressed his lips together, trying to keep himself together.

 

“Well, the university sent you a few papers for you to fill in for the next semester to this address,” said the man and showed a paper to Yunho, on which was written his old address. ''But all of the papers were returned later on, saying that you don't live there anymore,'' explained the man and then leaned back in his chair. ''I tried to contact your parents, but they had no idea of where you were living.''

 

“Oh,” said Yunho and blinked a few times. That was it? The whole thing was just because the university needed his new address? Yunho's heart was slowly slowing down and all of the weight pressing him down lifted off of his chest. ''That's it?''

 

“That's it?” repeated the man and frowned. ''You know that your father is my friend, so I am a bit worried. He said that the two of you had an argument?''

 

“Ah, yes, yes, we had a fight,” said Yunho and nodded. ''But we're working things out now.''

 

“Oh, good, good,” said the other one, visibly pleased with Yunho's reply. ''Then where are you staying now?''

 

“With my friend Changmin,” replied Yunho, since it was kind of true. ''I don't know where I'm going to move away, so it would be the best if the university has more documents for me, to just leave me them here and I'll come and pick them up... it would be much easier.''

 

“It's a deal,” said the man and then sighed. ''I really hope that you make up with your parents quickly,'' he then went on by saying and Yunho nodded. Sometimes it was really annoying that the principal was his father's friend, but Yunho didn't really oppose it... at least it had some benefits as well.

 

“I will try to, sir,” said Yunho and smiled. He still couldn't believe that the whole thing ended this way. He really thought that his mother or father told the old man what had been going on. He knew that his father probably wouldn't do it; he would be too embarrassed to admit that his own son was even gay to his friend. So because of this, Yunho was more afraid of his mother at the moment.

 

''Well, that would be it,'' he said. ''You may go now.''

 

“Yes,” said Yunho happily and stood up, heading for the door.

 

“Yunho!”

 

“You forgot these,” said the man and handed Yunho the papers.

 

“Ah, thank you sir,” he said and bowed. ''I hope you'll have a great day.''

 

The man laughed and shook his head. ''You too, you too.''

 

“Goodbye!”

 


 

As Jaejoong was waiting for his lover to return, he was nervously pacing around his room, half of expecting a very pissed off principal barging into his office and tell him to get his things and leave the place. He puffed his cheeks and then leaned against the wall and he then slowly slid down, finally reaching the floor. He then brought his legs up, wrapping arms around his knees Jaejoong slowly closed his eyes and tried to picture his future if something like that would happen. Yes, he would lose his job, but what about him and Yunho; what would that mean from them? Since he wouldn't be his professor, they could be together?

 

Probably, if someone wouldn't try to come in between them. But Jaejoong knew that they wouldn't be happy, since Yunho would blame himself for making Jaejoong lose his job and the man didn't want that kind of future. He wanted to live a happy life with Yunho, not a life filled with hatred and pain. He slowly opened his eyes and looked at the clock. It had just been 5 minutes since Yunho had gone, but Jaejoong was already in the verge of a nervous breakdown. The waiting was the worst, because he really didn't know what to expect.

 

When the principal said that he needed to see Yunho, the man didn't seem to be angry, especially not with Jaejoong. On the other hand, the older one looked quite concerned and he let him know that it was quite urgent for them to meet. Did really Yunho's mother cause all of this? Not only that, but who told her about their relationship in the first place?! Jaejoong tried his best not to think about that, since it was kind of pointless; it didn't matter who found out. But still, he couldn't help but to wonder.

 

The only person who knew about them was Junsu, but Jaejoong was sure that his best friend wouldn't do something like that in the first place; why would he? He didn't have any motives! It was true that Junsu was against him going out with his student, but he promised not to tell. Was it jealousy? Maybe he was jealous to see them being so happy with each other? Jaejoong shook his head... No, Junsu already had a special someone, so that couldn't be the case. It couldn't be Junsu, it had to be someone else that they would never think about. Was in maybe one of Yunho's ''fans''. Yunho was quite well known among women at the university, so Jaejoong thought that someone might notice something and then tell that to Yunho's parents. But what would they benefit from this?

 

The professor let out an annoyed groan. ''Aish, so annoying,'' he said and then got onto his legs, looking at the clock. 15 minutes. What was taking Yunho so long? It looked like they had a lot to talk about and that somehow didn't make feel Jaejoong quite good. The man then quickly shook his head and exhaled.

 

Yunho was going to be there at any moment, he knew it. He could feel it and everything is going to be alright. It had to be! And just a few minutes later, a knock was heard on Jaejoong's door, making the man hurry to the door and open it, praying that everything played off okay in the end. When Jaejoong opened the door, he saw that Yunho had a huge grin on his face. The older one took a few steps back, closing his eyes and he then leaned against the wall. The smile on his lover's face was enough to tell him that everything was alright.

 

“Thank god,” muttered Jaejoong.

 

As soon as Yunho stepped inside, he locked the door and then wrapped arms around Jaejoong, finally feeling at peace. Jaejoong's arms found their way around Yunho's waist and the two of them stayed like that for a couple of minutes, enjoying each other's closeness. Jaejoong could feel Yunho's fast heartbeat and a small smile of relief came upon his face. He really was thanking the God for not making things too horrible. After a few moments or so, Yunho slowly pulled away and sighed, looking at Jaejoong.

 

“I suppose things went good?” asked Jaejoong, his voice still a little bit shaky which wasn't really that surprising to the both of them. ''Why did the principal want to see you in the first place then?'' went on by asking the older male.

 

“Yeah, everything was alright,” said Yunho and smiled, his whole body still feeling weak from before. ''He said that the university sent some documents to my old address and then someone returned them, saying that I no longer lived there. I was so caught up into the whole thing that I have completely forgotten to tell them that I've changed my address,'' explained Yunho and Jaejoong nodded, completely forgetting about that as well. ''He said that he contacted my parents to find out my new address, but he said that they didn't know anything, so his best option was to contact me in person.''

 

''I see,'' said Jaejoong and leaned his head against the wall.

 

''Then I said that I don't have a temporary home yet and I've told him that I'm living with Changmin,'' added Yunho and looked at Jaejoong, who nodded. He decided to tell every little detail to Jaejoong, since he didn't want to be keeping things from him again. ''It's really annoying sometimes... the fact that the principal is my father's friend.''

 

“Yeah,” said Jaejoong and nodded. The older one looked at his student, who sat down onto the closest chair and he then pressed his lips together, thinking. This time really were lucky and the man knew that maybe the next time the luck wouldn't be on their side. So because of this, he knew that they needed to be even careful in the future; if that was even possible. That probably meant Yunho staying at some other place and not his; pity since Jaejoong really liked living with him.

 

“Jaejoong?”

 

“Yeah?” asked Jaejoong and lifted his head,

 

“Do you really forgive me?” asked the young male, his voice small again and a small smile came upon Jaejoong's face; of course he forgave him. He forgave the other one as soon as he left his apartment at that same day; he was just too stubborn to call him and tell him that. The man nodded and walked up to his younger lover, making Yunho look up.

 

“Of course, didn't I tell you that before?” whispered Jaejoong and Yunho's heart fluttered with joy and happiness. He placed his hand behind Jaejoong's neck and pulled him down, pressing their lips together a few times.

 

“Thank you,” muttered the younger male and then stood up. ''I missed you so much, you have no idea.''

 

“Same.”

 

Yunho then smiled as well and sighed, knowing that they should talk about what to do next. He really wasn't in the mood for such a serious discussion, but he knew that it needed to happen as soon as it was possible. ''Jaejoong, I think we should talk about what to do next,'' said Yunho. ''We need to have a plan if something like that was about to happen again.''

 

“I agree that as well,” replied the older one. ''Do you already have any plans?''

 

''I will find my own place,'' said Yunho, since that was one of the most important things for him to do. ''I've saved up enough money to live by myself again and I think I can make it work, I do have the part-time job and the salary is quite good,'' went on by saying Yunho and Jaejoong nodded, no matter how much he wanted the young man to come and live with him again. ''I will try to find a place that is as close to yours as possible. Until then, I think I'll continue living with Changmin, is that okay? I will still come over and-''

 

“It's okay,” replied Jaejoong and chuckled.

 

“And, I'm thinking of changing schools when the next semester starts,” said Yunho painfully slowly. Before, he thought that changing schools was out of option, but not anymore. Seeing how close that was, there was no way that he could put Jaejoong in danger like that. ''That's still a month away, but I think it's for the best and-''

 

“Don't do that because of me,” said Jaejoong quickly. It was true that Yunho changing schools would make things a lot easier, but Jaejoong didn't want Yunho to do that.

 

“I know how it sounds and I will think about it again, but that is our best option right now. If I'm at a different university, nothing can happen to you if others find out about us,” said Yunho. ''And until then, I'll continue the game that I'm playing with my parents. I am going to do whatever pleases them... just to buy enough of time to switch schools,'' he said and sighed. ''That probably means meeting that girl. But I am going to let her know that I'm not interested.''

 

“Yunho...”

 

“I know how it sounds; here I am asking you for a permission to go out with another person,” said Yunho and shook his head. ''But I started this and if I was about to stop now, then-''

 

“I know, I know,” said Jaejoong and Yunho stepped next to him again. He then hugged Jaejoong's face and pressed their foreheads together.

 

“What do you think?”

 

“Well,” started Jaejoong. ''I don't want you to go to another school, but I really don't see what would be a better solution. I am tired of hiding from everyone, so I guess that is a good idea,'' he said and shrugged. ''But I still don't know how I feel about you playing tricks with your family. Just promise me you won't do anything stupid.''

 

“I promise,” said Yunho and chuckled.

 

“Well then,” said Jaejoong and smiled. ''Do you want to come over?''

 

With a huge smile on his face, Yunho quickly nodded and the duo slowly made their way to the car and Jaejoong drove them off to his apartment.