DAY 08

Hundred Ways

"Take my seat." 


I didn’t expect the train to be so packed. It’s an hour past the rush hour and people are still in the train, fighting for a seat, or at least, a spot to stand on to get to work. When the gates open, people rushed in and out of the train and the only thing that’s guiding me is a hand on my wrist, leading me inside.

“Yifan…” I murmur and the next thing I know, I’m standing in front of Yifan, who’s seated in front of me, his hands on both sides of my hips to keep me stable.

He stands up and gently pushes me to sit down, “Take my seat.”

We exchange positions, now he’s standing in front of me, while I’m not-so comfortably seated between an old man and pregnant lady.

The train is silent save for the wheels turning, engine churning and the frequent announcement from the speaker.

I’m here inside this train and I have no idea where we’re going, so I ask, “Where exactly are we going?”

Yifan smiles down at me, “It’s a secret.”

I stick my tongue out, “You’re no fun.”

“Hm, let’s just say, I’m taking you somewhere you really like.”

“The carnival? That sushi restaurant? The yoghurt store? Where?”

“We’re off to meet my parents, silly.”

I look at him plainly.

We’re going to meet his parents. I’m not really worried about seeing them since it’s not the first time. But for heaven’s sake, Wu Yifan, we could’ve taken the bus or a taxi! I look like a sweaty monkey before we could even see them!