DAY 24

Hundred Ways

“Just because.”


Jongdae’s outside. He’s outside my house, carrying a box of pizza, a bottle of soda and a bucket of strawberries. And what in the world is that in his pocket? Is that chocolate syrup?

I take a quick glance at my clock and god Jongdae, do you have any idea what time it is right now?

I open my window and ask, “Are you aware, mister, that it is one twenty-four in the morning? Should you be asleep right now?”

“Would you be a sweetheart and open the door for me? I have gummy worms.” Psh, he knows how soft I am towards gummy worms and how dare he use it against me. I didn’t have a choice but to climb down the stairs, careful not to wake my roommate up, because one time, when Jongdae came around this time of the day as well, I was so excited I fell down the stairs and she woke up to shout at me. She didn’t help. Yeah, did I mention that she’s my best friend?

As I unlock the door, I can already smell the luscious scent of the seemingly newly cooked pizza. I open the door and Jongdae is wearing a huge grin, holding out the pizza, “Delivery for Miss Grumpy at one twenty-four in the morning.”

I roll my eyes, “You should thank you parents you’re cute. Get inside.” Jongdae walks pass me after placing a kiss on my cheek, comfortably going up the stairs to get inside my room.

We’re both inside when Jongdae decides to open the box, the smell of baked bread and cheese fills the room. I sit beside him, grabbing a slice, “What brings you here at this time?”

“Just because.” He beams, removing the cap of the bottled Coke.

“Just because what?” I raise a brow at him.

“Can’t I visit my girlfriend now?” Leaning against my shoulder, Jongdae teases.

“You can, but why now?”

“Because it’s dark and you know what happens after dark.”

I stick my tongue out, “Thank you for bringing food.”