DAY 22

Hundred Ways

"It’s not heavy.  I’m stronger than I look.”


“Don’t you think we’re going to need a cart or something?” I carry the box full of glass kitchenware out of the van, careful not to trip on the grass terrain near the steps before the main door.

Minseok appears from the driver’s side, tapping my shoulder, “I’ll carry it.”

I frown, but nevertheless, let him take the extremely heavy box from my arms. I grab my luggage from the trunk as I fish for my new apartment’s house keys.

I decided to move to a house closer to my workplace. Three hours of one-way travel was too much for me, and boy was I so happy that this place is near to almost everywhere: the market, the mall, the coffee shop, and all essential places. Plus, I only get to spend a couple of bucks for a thirty-minute bus ride.

Minseok helped me pick this place, and now, he’s also here to help me with the unpacking. I needed those arm muscles in good use.

He steps up to the door, waiting for me to slip the key in and unlock the door, “It’s not heavy. I’m stronger than I look.”

I grin while opening the door for him, “Yeah, and I’m glad to have a cute and strong boyfriend like you.”

We finish unloading the van and unpacking my bags in three hours, and we sit on the new couch my mother bought, not minding the sweat that trickled down our bodies, our empty stomachs growl in unison, laughing it off as I get back on my feet to get my phone, intending to order something.

Dinner comes and ends within two hours, and now that we had washed up and retreated to the bed, Minseok slyly leans close to my neck, leaving light kisses on my shoulders, “This is a new bed, right?”

I give him a look, but before I could even say yes, he has my arms pinned down on the bed, a smirk on his face.