DAY 10

Hundred Ways

"I'm sorry for you loss." 


He cradles me in his arms, my head steadily buried on his chest, as he whispers soothing words on my ear. I hold onto him closer, and Yixing draws me near, sighing deeply when he sees my back shiver.

The result of the interview came out today, and well, luck wasn’t on my side even on the third time. Even if this isn’t the first time for me to receive a letter of regret, the pain, effect, and impact are great. It brings the same feeling, and I really hate this feeling: the feeling of not being good enough.

Yixing says that it’s okay; that I’d get it the next time, but I’ve gotten used to the rejection.

But knowing Yixing, he doesn’t stop unless at least my tears are gone, “Hey, look at me.” I didn’t, so he holds me by my cheeks, forcing my eyes to meet his.

“I’m sorry for your loss.” His eyes are stern and fixed on mine. “There’s something waiting out there for you, I always tell you that.”

And that’s what scares me: what if there’s nothing for me? What if the opportunity waited too long it left? What would become of me?

Yixing wipes the tears away, kissing my tear-stained cheeks. After so, he pulls me in for another hug, saying that he’ll be there no matter what happens, and that he’ll help me out.

“I won’t go anywhere, I promise.” Then and there, I knew how dysfunctional I would be without him.