DAY 09

Hundred Ways

"I saved a piece for you." 


Inserting my key in the knob, I heave out a long sigh before twisting the key. Judging from the closed lights, Chanyeol must be asleep, since it’s almost twelve, and he has work to attend to tomorrow. It’s great that the man listened to me to sleep before I arrive.

What welcomed me as soon as I open the door was Chanyeol sprawled on the sofa with a joystick in hand, a bucket of chips and a can of soda on his side. He isn’t asleep. He’s alive and kicking.

I drop my things on the sofa as Chanyeol pauses his game and captures me in an embrace, whispering a soft welcome home.

Chanyeol kisses my hair and he removes the sweat from my forehead, thumbing my bangs away. I give him a tired smile. Wrapping my arms around him, I reply, “Thanks.”

“I’m guessing you already had dinner?” He softly pulls away, kissing my cheek. I shake my head. I didn’t have the time to even look at food back in the clinic.

“I couldn’t bear to eat something when I haven’t even done half of the patients.”

Chanyeol brings me to the kitchen, “Lucky you. I ordered chicken and pizza. I saved a piece for you.” He puts the plate of the leftover take-outs in the microwave for me to eat.

Touched, I hug him from behind, pinching his waist as a sign of love from his Jagiya. I mumble on his back, “Thank God, you’re my boyfriend.”

He laughs before he twists around, his hands on my arms to tug me for a hug. Big baby says, “Nope. You’re darn lucky I got full and remembered to leave some for my hard working girlfriend.”

I roll my eyes playfully at his joking remark, “Thanks a lot, Yeol.”

“You’re always welcome, my princess.”