DAY 19

Hundred Ways

“Can I hold your hand?”


“You look really cold, are you sure you’re okay?” Yixing asks for the nth time today and I have said yes to the same question, but now, I’m not really sure if I’m still going to say yes when I am so close to freezing inside this insanely cold grocery.

Rubbing my hands together, I shake my head and put my palms on my cheeks to lessen the cold. Yixing takes my actions as a no and removes his jacket, wrapping it around my shoulders.

Yixing lays his hand out for me, “Can I hold your hand?”

“Yixing, is this your new way of trying to hold hands?” I give him the suspicious look and Yixing ignores my question, reaching for my cold hand. He locks our fingers and keeps it close to him for warmth.

Wow, what’s the point of asking if he can hold my hand? But, I don’t mind at all. His hand feels so warm and cosy, I’d let him hold my face forever because god, I’m really cold.

“You know, you don't really have to ask.” I say, pushing the cart to head to the meat section.

Yixing scratched the back of his head, “I wanted to make sure you’re fine with it.”

I stop in my steps and face him with a blank look. I can’t believe he’s actually saying this to me when he had done things to me in bed that I had never thought that innocent, little bunny can do.

Taking a step forward, I raise my hand to touch his nape, pulling him down, “Yixing, we have at least twice a week. Don’t ask me things like can I hold your hand.” 

Yixing hushes me, his cheeks turns red as he covers my mouth with his hand, “Ugh! Don’t say that in public!”