II

The Dawn Of Demigods
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Alright time to wake the hell up fellow Ares, it’s time for breakfast!” 

There was some sort of loud noise of metals clanking together that made Wooyoung wake up in a confused state. He looked around, noticing the guy from the lower bunk staring back at him. He got to know him last night when he was preparing for bed and when he barged into the room looking surprised. His name was Jinwoon, and lucky enough for Wooyoung, he was at least nice to chat with. Jinwoon was tall, had a short curly hairdo and was surprisingly nice. Wooyoung thought he was too nice for an Ares though but when he knew it came to fighting and stuff, Jinwoon wasn’t one to fool around. 

“Wooyoung come on man, we’re gonna be late for training classes.”

“It’s six in the morning,” he yawned.

“Yeah and we only have an hour for breakfast, so let’s go!” 

They had to sit together with their cabin mates for breakfast. Wooyoung felt awkward as he was feeling the odd one out among s. Good thing he had Jinwoon with him to talk to, but he wasn’t helping much either since he was busy chatting with the guy beside him named Eunhyuk. 

Yubin tossed Wooyoung an apple. “Ease up a little. You’re too quiet,” she said. 

“Why do we have to sit together?”

“To make it easier obviously. Usually it’s a way for us to communicate knowing that we are half-siblings here. They make announcements in the morning and all that other . Also, each table has a different type of food served.”

“Really? How come?”

“Every god and goddess are different from one another. So for our table we have like roasted bacon and eggs, plus an energy drink. For Demeter’s table it’s gonna be something like buttered corn and brown rice, plus a random fruit juice. It works this way because our levels of metabolism are different. So it’s sorted out as to which food would work best for us to carry out activities.”

“Woah that makes a lot of sense. Thanks for the info,” he grinned. 

“Just to make sure you know how things work around here, so you wouldn’t be lost like ninety per cent of the time,” she said as a joke.

Chiron tapped his wooden staff on the ground to gain the campers’ attention. There were always announcements in the morning about what the campers would do for the rest of the day. Whether it was just training, duels, group or personal activities. “Good morning everyone. Today will be a full training day. So I expect all campers to be practicing their attack and defense skills at the appropriate stations. Understood?” his strong voice echoed across the large pavilion. 

“Yes sir,” they answered all together.


All campers went to their places almost immediately after their meals were finished. They went in groups at different training station. Everything ranged from archery, sword-fighting and hand-to-hand combats. There were practices of testing one’s skills as well, like learning how to craft y traps and other types of defensive techniques they could use. 

“Hey there Wooyoung, how’s your stay in the cabin last night?” Taecyeon asked while he polished his sword with a cloth. 

Wooyoung wore an armor for his upper body, and picked up the steel barbuta helmet on the ground that was suited for him. “It was nice to know Jinwoon.”

“Oh yeah that guy,” he chuckled. “Jinwoon’s a prankster sometimes so he’s cool.”

“What do you do during training?”

“Well usually I go around the training field, helping out campers on how to fight properly. Chiron assigned me an instructor when it comes to fighting with swords, daggers, axes and other similar weapons. I’ve trained since I was ten years old so I’m well-taught and experienced.”

“Wow Taec, you’re born to be a leader alright.”

“Thanks bro. Okay so we should probably get you started. I can call Jinwoon over as your opponent, how would that sound?” 

“Yes, that would be great thanks!” 

Wooyoung was relieved he didn’t have to fight with a random camper he didn’t know of. Jinwoon eagerly skipped over to their side after he was called by Taecyeon. “What up guys, I’m here to help!”

Taecyeon handed Wooyoung his own sword. “First things first, we have to make sure you’re dressed appropriately before a swordfight. The armor is a must, while the helmet is optional but we recommend using it when you’re a beginner or still learning in the process. So are you all suited up?”

“Yes,” Wooyoung pointed at his armor and the helmet on his head. 

“Good. Next, you’re face to face with your opponent so make sure you have your sword drawn at all times before engaging into a duel. Second, you take a deep breath and analyze the situation carefully. Figure out how your opponent strikes, keep your body balanced to keep yourself from being hit. For now, I have to witness how you would fight with Jinwoon. After all, your instincts should be kicking in soon enough.”

Jinwoon drew his sword and pointed it at Wooyoung. “Ready?”

Wooyoung took a short breath before he did a slight nod with his head. “Bring it on.”

Taecyeon observed the fight from his spot. He paced back and forth to inspect their movements and strikes. He winced when Wooyoung dropped onto the ground after he was pushed by Jinwoon with a great amount of force. It wasn’t easy to practice with someone who was much more experienced than he was.

“You alright?” he asked. 

“Yeah I’m good, I’ll try again.”

But he wasn’t improving much without luck. As they fought more, Jinwoon just got stronger each time. The two guys watched him fall onto the grass again. Wooyoung hit his head hard on the ground, causing a surge of adrenaline overcoming his body. He picked himself up as he stood back on his feet, attacking Jinwoon again with full concentratio

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter