XVI

The Dawn Of Demigods
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Can you please hear me out for at least a second.”

Yuri stopped in her tracks and exhaled through her nostrils, turning around to face him with her arms folded. Nichkhun caught his breath shortly after a while. “Are you really serious about Victoria? Do you actually think I like her?”

She hated to admit she was jealous. “It seems like you two were having a moment,” she huffed.

Nichkhun shook his head, taking a step closer to her. “No Yuri, it’s not like that,” he held her hands into his. “I told you already. You’re the only one I like and you shouldn’t forget it.” 

He tilted her chin up for them to share each other’s glances. All of a sudden, her anger faded when he gave her that look again that was similar to the gaze at the beach. Her heart won over her pride, but she couldn’t give in to him that easily. Not yet, at least.

“Then why did she,” Yuri looked away so she wasn’t blushing. “Why did she do that then?”

“There was trouble earlier in the lake, I had to save her. Of course you can’t expect me to let her drown in the deep water.”

“It would make it fun for me,” she whispered.

“Yuri!”

She stifled her chuckle. “Okay,” she nodded. “Since you said so.”

Nichkhun kissed her forehead. “Good,” he sighed. “Please don’t ever let anything make you jealous again.”

“Who said I was jealous?” 

He laughed. “Oh come on, you’re obviously jealous Miss Kwon. You can’t hide it from me. You like me too much, you won’t hesitate to fight girls who would be flirting with me.” 

Yuri jabbed her elbow into his stomach. “Whatever,” she rolled her eyes, marching to a different direction ahead of her. Nichkhun winced, rubbing his abdomen slightly as he watched her walk away in a hurry. 


Activities were over, trainings completed and duties done for the day. Most of the campers hung around at the dining pavilion for dinner as the evening came early. The guys talked among themselves about their plans, helping Chansung on his confession to Sooyoung. They were surprisingly into it, even Jay was adding some witty pick-up lines. Junho, Minjun, Yonghwa and Sungmin gave useful advices for their friend because of their experiences. Taecyeon, Nichkhun and Wooyoung were talking non-stop of ideas to approach the Daughter of Demeter. 

“I’m still not too sure about this guys,” Chansung ran a palm down his face, sighing hopelessly. 

Taecyeon shook his head. “No man you can’t be thinking about the negatives now, you have one chance to do this right.” 

“We don’t even know where the girls would be at later on.”

“I heard they’ll be having a gathering near the lake tonight for some girls’ picnic or whatsoever,” Nichkhun said while sipping his drink.

“That’s great! The best opportunity you can ever have Chansung!” Taecyeon patted him on the back excitingly. 

Chansung furrowed his brows. “What? You mean I’ll have to confess to her in front of a whole group of girls? No way!” he refused the idea, already thinking how embarrassing it would be. 

“Girls like it though,” Junho pointed out. “They like it when a guy is bold enough to confess in front of a crowd. It’s like you’re showing your manly confidence and being romantic at the same time. Trust me man she’ll be very interested.”

“Okay so what do I do?” 

“You’ll be confessing to Sooyoung at the picnic.”

“Do I have another choice?”

All the guys shook their heads. Chansung closed his eyes shut, blood rising up to his cheeks. 

“We suggest dropping by at the picnic, approach Sooyoung and ask her out with confidence.” 

“That’s it?”

“Yeah but it’s going to be more than that though. We have to make sure you’re dressed appropriately and not in your armor or sword. Prepare something casual.” 

“But I don’t know…”

“We’ll help you man! Come on, we better get to work.” 


Chansung stared at himself in the mirror, thinking what his own friends did to him. Never would he expect himself to wear a red dress shirt with a cute black bowtie around the collar. It didn’t suit his image at all. But he wondered why everyone else thought he looked handsome. 

“This is ridiculous!” he whined. “I look like a waiter.”

Nichkhun chuckled. “No, you look like a boyfriend who’s going on a date.” 

“Aww! I never thought this day would come,” Minjun ruffled Chansung’s hair playfully. “Our Son of Ares being a real man this time.” 

Chansung snorted. “What are you talking about? I’ve always been a man.” 

Wooyoung handed him a comb for his hair. “Here, better use the gel too.”

“But I don’t know how.”

Junho rose from his seat and volunteered to help. “I’ll do it.” 

Taecyeon closed the door shut behind him as he went over to the guys’ side. “Okay I checked that the girls are having their picnic right now. We’re all good to go any time soon,” he stop

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter