XVIII

The Dawn Of Demigods
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jay marched towards the dining pavilion with thoughts filling up in his head. He appeared bothered about something that he couldn’t quite solve unless he sought for help. He sat beside Junho who was engaged in a conversation with Wooyoung. Looking up, he noticed Taecyeon, Nichkhun and Chansung talking to each other as well. 

“Hey, you okay man?” Yonghwa was the only one who noticed. “You don’t look too thrilled today.”

“I’m having some trouble that’s all.”

“About what?” Nichkhun asked, interested in what’s bothering the Son of Dionysus. 

“I think I’m going to need your help guys, like Chansung.” 

“Why what happened?”

“Well..Jessica keeps turning me down. She’s actually breaking my poor egotistical heart,” Jay pretended to act heartbroken with a sad frown. 

The guys broke out into a slight guffaw, making Jay more upset than he already was despite the grin on his face. “Hey come on! Help me out here.”

“Tell us what happened first that encourages Jessica to keep turning you down.” 

“It went like this…”

Jay was at the training grounds, looking around for someone to talk to. He spotted Jessica by herself training at the archery area with her bow and arrow. He rubbed his hands together as a smirk appeared on his face while making his way to the lonely Daughter of Hera. 

“Nice shot, bet you could do better,” Jay said while leaning against the tree, his arms folded.

Jessica rose an eyebrow. “Excuse me?” 

Jay approached her confidently and hung an arm around her shoulder. “It would be best if you would relax your grip and point straight to hit the bull’s eye,” he pointed at the middle of the target. 

Jessica didn’t like how he was too close to her as she elbowed him in his stomach, earning a painful groan from Jay. “Are you mocking me, Son of Dionysus?”

Jay glared a little before keeping his cool. “No of course not, I’m just trying to help.”

“Yeah well I think otherwise,” she scowled. “If you want a perfect shot, do it yourself.” 

She dropped her bow and arrow to the ground, walking away after. Jay caught up with Jessica in time, holding her arm. “Hey wait! Okay, I know you’re thinking I’m all that but trust me I just wanted to get to know you better.”

“Then you should know better Jay.”

“What?”

“Getting too comfortable and treating me like I’m one of your girls whom you mess around with, won’t work. Now if you may excuse me, I’ll head back to my cabin to freshen up,” she yanked his hand away from her wrist, leaving Jay behind looking stunned. 

“Oh Jay, you should know better man,” Junho shook his head. “You know Hera’s daughters are sensitive. You should be like Wooyoung, gotta be nicer and be more approachable.”

Jay made a face. “Gross,” he scoffed. “Okay…what am I supposed to do?”

“Uh, be nice?”

“Besides that part.”

“Go to her cabin and apologize, preferably with a kind smile and a flower.”

“What! Why am I doing that?”

They stared at him blankly. “Do you want to be with her or what?”

“How come you’re nice to Chansung and not me? I’m your great pal here too you know.”

“Because you know how to be romantic, it’s just that you have to be less of an at it.” 

Jay sunk in his seat, placing his chin on the surface of the table. “Fine, fine…now who’s ready to help me!” he stood up from his spot, raising his hand in the air, grinning in anticipation of his friends.

The group did nothing but let the crickets answer Jay’s question. Jay lifted his arm down, slamming a palm against his face. “I really am doing this on my own huh.”

“Yes,” they replied in harmony. “You can do it Jay!”


Because he has the most fantastic friends with him, the gang waited just outside Hera’s cabin to witness the ceremony of Jay Park being a gentleman for the first time. 

Well not a legit ceremony but it’s something they were looking forward to see. 

Jay held the flowers behind his back. He was actually nervous to do this, knowing he wasn’t a guy to ask someone out properly without making out with the girl or doing some beforehand. 

“This is a miracle,” Nichkhun whispered to Taecyeon.

He agreed as well. “I can’t believe he’s doing this,” he stifled his laugh. “This is already amusing.”

The door of the cabin opened, revealing Jessica dressed nicely in a white dress. Jay cleared his throat as he suddenly froze in his spot. She furrowed her brows not knowing why he was standing at their doorstep. 

“Jay?”

He gripped onto the stalks of the flowers tightly. “Jessica, hi.” He was mentally hitting himself. Hi? He couldn’t think of another smooth greeting in his head due to the beating heart in his chest.

Jessica noticed the group behind him. They were taking pleasure from his uncomfortable state. That brought a small smile to her face. “What are you doing here?”

“I came here to apologize.”

“Of what?”

“That I know I’ve been a jerk about the way I act towards you. I’m hoping you’ll forgive me.”

She was no doubt affected from his sudden manners. “Okay…I forgive you. Is that all you have to say to me?”

“No,” Jay showed the flowers he hid behind his back. “I was hoping if you could give me a chance to ask you out. Have a picnic by the strawberry fields maybe,” he smiled genuinely. 

Taeyeon and Tiffany appeared behind Jessica, surprised to see Jay confessing to her. “Come on Jess! Give the man a chance,” they urged. 

Jessica diverted her attention back to Jay. He looked pretty cute holding the flowers nervously in his hands. “Sure,” she accepted the stalks of pink carnations. “I would like that,” she leaned forward to peck his cheek. 

Jay was in a daze after that, his hand brushing over the spot where she kissed. He turned around yelling in glee. “Yeah baby! That’s how it works y’all better learn from me.”

“Come here you,” Taecyeon pulled Jay into a group hug, doing a he

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter