XII

The Dawn Of Demigods
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

They were reaching Jeju Island soon, as the island could be seen from afar. Nichkhun was back at the controls to manage the yacht’s directions toward the island. 

“Hey there Khun! How’s it going?” he heard Taecyeon’s voice and felt his hand on his shoulder. 

Nichkhun pressed a few buttons and steered the wheel gently. “We’re almost there Taec, and I should actually be asking you that question,” he smirked. “What were you doing in the bedroom?”

Taecyeon shrugged innocently. “Nothing, I just slept,” he kept a straight face as he let the lie slip out of his mouth. 

“Cut the crap man, you and Yoona were gone for like a couple of hours.”

“Nah it was just an hour, and we were...talking about food.”

Nichkhun rolled his eyes, unable to believe he was lying on purpose. “Yeah right more like studying the human anatomy,” he chuckled. “But are you for real now though? You’re with Yoona?”

Taecyeon gave two thumbs up. “Totally positive.”

“Damn bro you’re so lucky,” Nichkhun groaned. “You’ve reached your goal meanwhile I’m still no where with Yuri.”

“Don’t think like that Khun! I’m sure Yuri’s interested in you at this point. Thanks to your endless flirting, which I assume that it definitely works on her.”

It’s the same conversation at the girls’ side. Yuri and Sooyoung went straight to the point as they asked what happened between Yoona and Taecyeon. 

“So what were the two of you doing?” they smiled. 

Yoona crossed her arms, a small smirk showing on her face. “Nothing much girls.”

“Oh stop it, we know you two hooked up. You guys literally disappeared from the squad for a while.”

“Well, we were caught up talking about food.”

“Right, we’re totally believing that,” Yuri whispered to Sooyoung before facing Yoona again. “But the both of you are official now right?”

Yoona nodded. “You bet.”

Sooyoung clasped her hands together, grinning at the news. “I’m so happy for you Yoona! You’re finally with the guy you’ve been crushing on since the first time you mentioned him during our gossips about boys.”

“True,” Yuri let out a sigh. “Mine’s just hopeless right now.”

“What?” Yoona shook her head. “Girl, Nichkhun’s not that bad. He’s gotten more flirtatious with you actually, I mean like that’s a huge improvement compared to before. Admit it that you like him,” 

Yuri bit her lip. “Yeah but…”

“You’re still not over your little jealousy?”

Sooyoung studied her friend’s flustered expression. “You’re right, she still is.”

“Come on Yuri,” Yoona urged. “Talk to him soon and you’ll be able to know about it.”


The group reached near the shore of Jeju as Nichkhun located his yacht among the rest of the boats at the sea port. The journey to the island was quite long since they arrived at Jeju during the evening after the sun has set. They weren’t able to explore at this kind of timing, so they decided to take shelter at a villa near the beach side. 

Taecyeon, Wooyoung and Yuri gathered at the dining table to discuss the location of the River Styx hidden in the island. A map was placed in the middle to search for their destinations. 

“So they said it’s at Cheonjeyeon Falls. Where is it?” Taecyeon tapped the pencil on his chin, his eyes speculating the places on the map. 

Yuri circled the targeted spot. “Right here.”

“Is there anything we should know about the river?” Wooyoung asked while staring at the wilting rose in his hand. 

“It’s a river that separates the world of the living from the world of the dead,” Yuri explained. “Also translated as the river of hate. Dead souls go to the underworld by crossing the river Styx.”

“Dead souls? Well then how are we going to come out of it?”

“We’re not exactly entering the underworld, so I think it’ll be fine I guess.”

“Hopefully.”

Taecyeon folded the map back neatly. “I better go get some sleep. We’ll head off in the morning,” he patted Wooyoung by the shoulder and walked off to his room. 

“I’ll be getting some air then. Are you okay here Wooyoung?” Yuri rose from her seat and slid the chair back under the table. 

“Sure go ahead. I’m also sleeping anyway.”

Yuri wore her cardigan and made her way out of the villa, towards the sea shore. She liked the feeling of the sand beneath her toes. It was soft and light, as she scooped some into her palm. She sat down on the ground, enjoying the sounds of the waves approaching the shore as well as the cool breeze of the wind against her face. The sun was no where to be seen but the clouds were still in various shades of pink and purple. She settled herself into a relaxed state, which she hadn’t felt in a while. However it wasn’t long until she spotted someone walking up to her direction. She shook her head, knowing it was Nichkhun. He was shirtless again and was soaked from head to toe of fresh sea water. 

“Do you really have to swim every single night we stay at a place?” she questioned. 

Nichkhun brushed off the droplets in his hair, sitting down next to her. “I guess so.”

“Aren’t you cold though?” 

He smiled. “Not really though, I warm up easily. Especially right now when I’m next to you,” his voice dropped into a whisper.

Yuri looked away from his gaze, making sure he didn’t see her blushing by starin

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter