XIV

The Dawn Of Demigods
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chansung jogged through the path that led up to the cabins. He was sending reminders to other head and substitute counselors that the group was coming back from their quest. Campers had to prepare for a couple of their leaders’ return. 

“Hey Chansung what’s up?” Hyoyeon leaned against the doorway, folding her arms casually. 

“Duties all checked? Cabin cleaned up, yes?” 

She nodded. “You should know by now that the children of Athena have most of their together compared to the rest of the cabins.”

He scoffed. “Right,” he hopped back down the stairs. “Expecting Yuri to be contented huh?”

“You bet!” 

Chansung moved to Aphrodite’s cabin. He knocked on the door and was met by the substitute counselor, Krystal. “Got everything tidied up?”

Krystal tilted her head to the side. “What?”

“You haven’t done your duties?” Chansung almost stumbled back from surprise. 

Then it dawned on Krystal about what he was referring to. “Oh !” she turned around, her voice echoing inside the cabin. “Red alert! Red alert! Yoona’s coming back everyone!” 

Chansung watched the children of Aphrodite run around frantically into their rooms and began cleaning up the terrible mess at the living room. He chuckled to himself, “Wow you guys are so ready.”

“Thanks Chansung,” Krystal let out a sigh of relief. “We are goners if Yoona sees this.” 

“Okay I’ll go ahead.”

At Hera’s cabin, all the children of Hera surrounded Taeyeon in a circle and laid down carnation flowers at the edges of the bed. Tiffany wiped the bottom of Taeyeon’s feet using a white cloth to brush remnants of dust off the smooth surface. Jessica stared at the statue in silence, bringing her gaze back to the clock. 

 

“They’re back!” 

All campers rushed to the entrance of the camp and some were already crowding around Hera’s cabin to witness the Daughter of Hera be brought back to life. Most of the campers were cheering and waving at their fellow camp leaders. Yuri, Sooyoung, Yoona and Junho ran to their respective cabin members for a longing embrace. 

Taecyeon flashed a heated grin at the younger demigods calling out his name. “The quest squad survived y’all! Good to see you guys again,” he greeted in enthusiasm. 

Not wasting much time, the group headed to Hera’s cabin where the rest were waiting at. Tiffany and Jessica rose to their feet as they spotted Taecyeon’s appearance at their door. “You’re back!”

Jessica walked closer to the boys. “Where are the items?”  

“We have them,” Taecyeon faced Wooyoung. “I think you can do the honors man.” 

Wooyoung looked at him in shock. “What?” 

“Do as what chief Dionysus told us. We trust you on this.” Nichkhun and Taecyeon smiled at him warmly, encouraging Wooyoung to save Taeyeon himself. 

“Okay then…” Wooyoung stepped forward hesitantly. “May I?” he asked politely. 

Jessica nodded her head. “Go ahead.”

He kneeled down beside Taeyeon’s figure and took out the items from his bag. Tiffany offered him a small bowl to hold the pomegranate juice in. He dipped the feather into the bowl, lifting it gently in his hand as he spreaded evenly on her statue. From head to toe, a layer of pomegranate juice covered the whole surface of Taeyeon’s statue. Wooyoung set the feather and bowl aside as he waited patiently for the results.

Everyone held their breath anxiously when they caught Taeyeon’s body changing drastically into a form of a human. Wooyoung’s heart picked up its rate as he noticed Taeyeon’s chest rising and falling in a rhythmic pattern. Taeyeon’s eyes fluttered open, light entering her vision. She couldn’t remember anything. What was she doing back in her cabin? Slowly, she turned her head to see the person right next to her. 

“Wooyoung?” she called out his name first. “What are you doing here?” she moved to sit upright.

He took this chance to pull her into his arms. “Thank god you’re alright,” he mumbled, her hair gently. “I’m so sorry.”

Taeyeon’s eyes widened at his sudden actions. “What did you do wrong?” she was genuinely confused. 

Wooyoung pulled away to stare into her eyes. “You’re alright now, and that’s what matters.”

Jessica and Tiffany huddled to Taeyeon immediately. “Taeyeon! Thank goodness you’re saved,” they said while hugging their sister together. 

Taecyeon and Nichkhun did a high-five at Wooyoung as a praise for the job well done. “Hey there Taeyeon! You’re finally back,” Taecyeon grinned. 

“What did I miss?” 

Tiffany giggled, “We’ll explain later. For now, we’re glad to have you back!”

Taeyeon walked over to the door, and was welcomed with a huge roar of cheers and greetings from the campers waiting outside the cabin. “Welcome back Taeyeon!” 

“Hello?” she smiled, waving her hand slightly. She might have guessed something happened to her that caused everyone to be acting different. 

Taecyeon marched outside, standing in the middle of the crowd. “Celebrating Taeyeon’s resurrection at the Amphitheatre tonight!”

“Yeah!” The campers cheered to their camp leader’s impromptu event. 


The Son of Zeus entered Chiron’s office upon his request. “Yes sir?”

“Oh Taecyeon, I’m glad you’re here. I wanted to discuss something with you.” 

“What is it sir?” 

Chiron called in two campers into his office and bowed their heads at Taecyeon. “I have discovered that these two boys were the ones who poisoned Taeyeon.”

Taecyeon folded his arms. “And you two are Sons of Hermes?” his question was stern. 

The boys hung their heads low out of shame. “Yes.”

“Then you should know the consequences for doing such irresponsible behavior. Death was on the li

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter