III

The Dawn Of Demigods
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Lunch time attracted campers to head back to the dining pavilion, gathering in their closer cliques. At the girls’ table, the ladies were already engaged in a conversation. Jessica and Tiffany were gossiping with Sunny and Seohyun about something that happened recently, Sooyoung, Hyoyeon, Yuri and Yoona were casually talking about their day so far. Taeyeon finally arrived to join the girls. 

“Hey Tae, where were you?” they asked. 

Taeyeon grabbed fruits from the middle of the table as she placed them on her plate. “I just came back from art class to finish the project I’m working on.”

“So anyway, we noticed you were chatting with a guy yesterday. Who was it?” there were teasing smiles on their faces. 

“It’s nothing girls. I was welcoming a new guy in camp.”

“Oh really? What’s his name?”

“Jang Wooyoung,” Taeyeon said after taking a bite out of an apple. “A Son of Ares.”

Tiffany turned around to look over at the guys’ table. “Is it that guy? Next to Taecyeon.”

“Yes.”

“Really though Tae? A Son of Ares? Are you sure you can handle them?” they remarked as a joke, since most Ares kids were impatient and barbaric. 

Taeyeon prevented herself from blushing. “He’s not that bad,” she smiled. 

On the guys’ side, Nichkhun was questioning the same thing at Wooyoung. “You like her?” his grin was wide and anticipated his reply.

Wooyoung didn’t know whether to say yes or no to his question. “Look it’s not that, I just find her really pretty.”

“Well I bet Aphrodite’s daughters would be jealous to hear that,” Nichkhun chuckled.

Taecyeon diverted his attention to the conversation between the two. “Who’s liking who?”

“Wooyoung has a crush on Taeyeon.”

“Really? Wow, you have to be careful Wooyoung. Daughters of Hera are not to be messed with.” 

Nichkhun nodded. “If you’re interested in a Daughter of Hera, you have to be sure you’re committed to the relationship because we’re talking about the goddess of marriage here. They’re pretty sensitive girls compared to others.”

“You could get some tips from Minjun since he’s dating Tiffany who is a Daughter of Hera.” 

Wooyoung finished off the food remaining on his plate. “Got it.”


The boys returned back to the training field to resume with their practices. It wasn’t a training day so the field was pretty much free and open for any campers who would want to practice their skills by their choice of weapon. Most of the campers out at the field were guys, and a few girls that consisted daughters of Ares and Athena. 

Wooyoung was practicing with Nichkhun until he was approached by a group of guys who carried their swords along with them. “Son of Ares right?” they picked him out quite boldly. 

“Yes, why?”

“You’re the only Ares who hasn’t been into a consecutive duel before. It’s a shame if a Son of Ares doesn’t step up to his game. So, do you accept our challenge?”

Nichkhun stepped up to defend his friend. “Okay guys, he’s still learning. It’s too soon for a fight.”

Choi Minho, a Son of Athena pushed Nichkhun off slightly. “Don’t be ridiculous Nichkhun. The Son of Ares is scared? Withdrawing from a challenge? We never heard of such things.”

Nichkhun shook his head. “It’s not that. He’s just new to camp and you’re already trying to kill him?”

“Stop Nichkhun. I’ll do it,” Wooyoung spoke up after thinking it through. “I’m up for your challenge.” 

Minho smirked. “Hear that everyone? The newbie’s up for it.” 

Nichkhun leaned in close to Wooyoung. “Are you sure about this?” 

“Yes I’m sure. Don’t worry about it.”

There was already a line of guys prepared to fight with Wooyoung on the opposite side of the field. Wooyoung was on the other side, securing his armor around him as he picked up his sword. The scene attracted campers nearby, interested in how this small battle will go. Minho was the first one up in the line, walking forward as Wooyoung was ready to start. Nichkhun stood from the side seemingly worried of the outcome if Wooyoung won’t be able to pull this off. 

Taecyeon appeared at the field, confused when Wooyoung was face to face with Minho. “Khun what’s happening over here?”

“The guys want to call for a battle with Wooyoung. He agreed to it so I can’t do much.”

“What? A battle?”

“Yeah. Let’s hope for the best.” 

Minho drew his sword at Wooyoung with a visible smirk on his face. “Show us what you’ve got Son of Ares.” 

Wooyoung glanced down at his sword. He wished for his father’s help inside his head. If he had a chance to prove to anyone that he wasn’t to be looked down upon, it was this moment. This was the chance to show other fighters what he was capable of. 

“Bring it on.”

Minho charged forward to attack. Wooyoung’s vision changed as if his brain was analyzing his own opponent’s moves. His quick reflexes allowed him to miss every strike, giving him a benefit to counterattack one’s hit. Wooyoung swung his sword sideways, causing an impact among the blades. Minho was pushed to the ground when Wooyoung hit him across the chest using his elbow. Wooyoung looked up at the rest of the guys in the line. 

One by one, a fighter steps up to give their shot at defeating Wooyoung. But he had beaten them consecutively. Too easily to say the least. More campers went to the field to witness the intense one-on-one duels. Taecyeon and Nichkhun were very impressed with Wooyoung’s skills, releasing their worries about him. He was owning this challenge. 

Many of the campers were cheering on for Wooyoung as he almost took down most of the guys who were currently lying on the ground. Yuri, Yoona and Taeyeon were walking casually along the path, pausing when they heard cheering out at the traini

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter