I

The Dawn Of Demigods
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Wooyoung walked along the trail that led to camp with his mortal mother. He was nervous, obviously, and he knew everyone should’ve felt that way before embarking on a new journey of their lives. He had a new identity, new responsibilities. He wasn’t just a simple, ordinary type of guy. He was the Son of Ares, the god of war. It brought him a rush of adrenaline within his veins whenever he thought of his title. He felt powerful, dominant and strong just because he was the son of the god of war. But he could only dream for now. He knew he shouldn’t think highly of himself when there were a hundred other demigods better than him. 

“We’re here,” his mother, Jang Hwayoung handed him his smaller backpack. “This is Camp Half-Blood Wooyoung,” she smiled. “You’ll be protected and trained in here.”

He looked up at the greek letters stated up at the entrance of the camp. The dyslexia made sense for him with ancient greek alphabets. It translated into Camp Half-Blood in his vision. “You can’t pass through?”

She shook her head. “Only demigods can enter the place. How are you feeling?”

“Nervous,” he admitted, biting onto his bottom lip. 

“You’ll be fine. Besides, you’ll make new friends and have a new home.”

“I’ll come visit you occasionally mom,” he wrapped his arms around her for one long hug. 

Hwayoung pecked his cheek, patting him on the shoulder. “Okay, go on. Stay safe son.”

Wooyoung waved at his mother goodbye, securing the duffel bag on his shoulder while his other hand carried onto his backpack. He walked pass the entrance in ease, mustering up his courage to face the new challenges that was in store for him. He looked down at the map in his hands, figuring out where he was. He didn’t need to wander off further when he heard a neighing horse coming in his way. 

“Jang Wooyoung?” 

He bowed automatically at the person who had the lower body of a horse and an upper body of a human. In the greek world, these were known as centaurs. “Hello sir.”

The older man smiled down at him. “My name’s Chiron. I’m the activities coordinator of Camp Half-Blood, it’s a pleasure to meet you Son of Ares.” 

Wooyoung nodded his head. “It’s nice to meet you too sir.”

“Follow me.” 

Chiron led him to administrative building of the camp, otherwise known as the Big House, where the living greek god Dionysus and Chiron live in. Chiron offered him a seat across his desk. 

“I have your items with you, given by your father.”

“My dad Ares visited the camp?”

“Not exactly. He passed it onto Dionysus when he dropped by at Mount Olympus, and then to me. Demigod gifts are typical among the gods whenever there are new campers.” 

“I see.”

Chiron went to the shelf to pick up an axe and a shield. “Ares gave you these items as his welcome gifts for you. It’s a golden double battle axe, and a bronze targe shield. Fancy aren’t they?”

Wooyoung admired the weapon in his hand. “It’s beautiful,” he said as he ran his finger along the carved name of his immortal father at the grip. 

“Also he left you a necklace. Every demigod has their own necklace from their parents,” Chiron gave him a silver necklace that was the symbol of Ares. 

“Thank you sir,” Wooyoung kept the necklace in his pocket. “Is there anything else for me?”

“None, you’re good to go. I’ve called in our camp leader to get you.”

As if on cue, a tall, strong-built guy turned the doorknob open. The guy entered the room with a grin on his face, bowing his head slightly at Chiron. “Hello chief!”

Chiron stood right next to the younger lad. “Wooyoung, this is Ok Taecyeon. Taec, this is your new camper Jang Wooyoung, Son of Ares.”

Taecyeon reached his hand out. “Well then it’s nice to meet you Wooyoung! I’m Ok Taecyeon but you can call me Taec at any time,” he greeted kindly. “I’m the camp leader, and I’ll be in charge of showing you around this cool, magical place.”

Wooyoung shook his hand firmly. “Nice to meet you too,” he smiled. 

“Well off you two go, I have errands to do,” Chiron said as he gestured for the boys to start their tour. 

Wooyoung kept his weapon and shield into his backpack, zipping it closed afterwards. He followed Taecyeon who was walking ahead of him. 

“So, whose son are you?” 

Taecyeon turned around, showing Wooyoung his wrist. “Take a guess,” he winked. 

Ever since birth, all living demigods had symbols imprinted on their left wrist and upper arm like a tattoo. It was an easy recognition of which of them were sons and daughters of which god or goddess.  Wooyoung noticed the small tattoo on his wrist. It was the symbol of Zeus. “Woah! You’re the Son of Zeus?”

“Yes I am my good friend,” he chuckled. “That’s why I became the camp leader in the first place. It was my responsibility on behalf of my father.” 

“Must be making him proud.”

“Most definitely,” Taecyeon gestured around the camp facilities. “Alright we’ll be heading to Ares’ Cabin to settle your stuff at one place.”

They walked pass a couple of cabins and stopped at a cabin that was colored in fury red. There were barb wires on the external walls and there was a huge head of a wild boar at the front side of the roof. Foul words written on the door as well. It was a way of boasting the pride of the Ares’ children. The whole cabin screamed of fury and violence. 

“Isn’t it a lovely cabin?” Taecyeon remarked as a sarcastic statement. “Anyway, let’s head inside.” 

Wooyoung knocked on the door, and they were met by a young woman dressed in her casual clothes. “Hey there Yubin! You have a new cabin mate on board.”

Yubin’s eyes gazed at Wooyoung from head to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter