.37

Opposites do attract [ON HOLD]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Minyeon was running inside her house followed by her aunt and mother. They have to prepare everything for the night and they were late. A misunderstanding between her mother and aunt left them with no main course and now they had to rush to prepare the food. Her father and uncle weren’t there, they had preferred leaving the house and spent some time together while the females would prepare everything.

But now everything was prepared the only thing that Minyeon had to stress over was her appearance and Sungyeol coming. Her parents had no idea who she had invited and she hoped that everything will turn out well. She was quite sad that her friend couldn’t come since most of the time they were spending New Year eve together.

"What are you thinking of Minyeon ?" Her aunt asked her while getting food ready.

"Huh nothing just thinking that usually Heeyoung came here for New Year."

"Talking about that with your aunt we met her at the market with a boy, I think it was her boyfriend." Her mother bumped into the conversation while putting something inside the oven.

"You saw her with Woohyun and you didn’t tell me ? I was waiting in front of the entrance !" Minyeon said clearly frustrated.

"Sorry, I didn’t think about it. Anyway they made a sweet couple. I really would like you to find a boyfriend like that. He was really polite and nice. He had a really nice smile and face. Have you met some of his friends ?" Her mother kept on with a dreamy smile on her face.

"I don’t think his best friend Sunggyu would suit your taste mom. His hair is red !"

"Red ? Really ? How can some parents let their child dye their hair red ! I can’t understand them sometimes." Minyeon sighed and went back to her room to check herself, it would not be easy for them. She took her mobile phone and sent a text message to Sungyeol, reminding him to dress properly tonight and to take off all his piercings. This could, at least made the trick for tonight and she hoped so. At 8pm her mom called her to help her with the last preparations and they all sat in the living room around the coffee table talking about their own lives. Minyeon was engrossed in a discussion with her cousin she hadn’t seen for a long time. They were talking about their trip to the USA when the bell rang. Minyeon jumped on her feet and ran toward the door opening it. In front of her was a sweating buckets Sungyeol. He gave her a small smile and rubbed his hands against his sides.

"Am I late ? I was so stressed that nearly got lost." He said looking really pale and anxious.

"No you’re on time. Are you sure you are okay ?" Minyeon asked peering at his face and studying him.

"Not at all, it’s the first time I am doing this and even if I practiced with the help of Woohyun and Sunggyu I feel like something is wrong."

"Don’t worry, at least you’re dressed properly and you didn’t dye your hair. But you have your piercings ! Didn’t you saw my text ?" She asked putting her hands on her hips.

"No I didn’t and you know that I can’t take them off, they will heal and I will have to pierce everything again." He said sulking.

"Well, straighten yourself a bit and try not to show you’re nervous. My mom had met Woohyun today and …"Minyeon started but was cut off by Sungyeol.

"She had met Heeyoung and Woohyun ?" He asked bewildered.

"Yes but…"

"This is horrible, Woohyun is like the epitome of the perfect boyfriend ! She will hate me for sure ! No I can’t do that !" He started to panic.

"Yes you’re going to do it and you will succeed. Everybody will love you ! No let’s go." She pushed Sungyeol toward the living room, when they entered the room fell silent and everyone started staring at them. Sungyeol bowed at 90° trying to be the most respectful he could. Minyeon smiled toward her family and took Sungyeol hand in hers. She took a deep breath and looked at her family.

"Everyone meet my boyfriend Sungyeol."

"Hello." Her two cousins got up and went to introduce themselves, followed by her uncles and aunts. Her father was looking at the boy from behind his glasses, examining him from head to toes. However Minyeon mother didn’t say anything, just watching the boy. After this long silent, they went to the table to eat. Minyeon was really happy since everyone was talking to Sungyeol asking for information about him and his studies. Everything seemed going on well until her father asked if it was possible for him to talk to Sungyeol in private. Sungyeol gulped and looked at Minyeon frightened, holding her hand tightly under the table.

"Dad, we didn’t have dessert yet !"Minyeon said suddenly annoyed.

"I know but I would like to talk to him before." Her father said with a serious expression on his face.

"Oh I think it’s not a problem." Sungyeol looked at her father and then at her like she had sold him to a slave master or something worse. He got up clumsily, nearly knocking everything on the floor and walked awkwardly behind her father. Minyeon followed, she wanted to stay with him and they didn’t have any secret so she didn’t mind hearing the questions her father would come up with.

They sat inside his study room, her father in his big and comfortable arms chair while both of them where uneasily sitting in small chairs. They waited for her father to say something. He was looking into space, one of his hands holding his chin.

"Minyeon you didn’t tell us you had a boyfriend." Her father said abruptly .

"I didn’t know how to announce it. " Minyeon said playing with her hands.

"Your mother is rather shocked by your announcement."

"I thought she would be happy for me." She said with a small voice looking at Sungyeol then her father.

"That’s not the point here, we are here to talk, I need to be sure that this guy worth to be with you."

"And if you don’t think he is ?" Minyeon asked raising slightly her tone.

"Minyeon just let me talk ! I don’t like your attitude right now. So young man, since

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter