.17

Opposites do attract [ON HOLD]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Minyeon was lying on her bed, she was feeling terribly bad, she had abandoned all her friends and she was acting as a coward. She didn’t wanted to come back to school to face Sungyeol, she was too afraid that in the light of high school he would regret everything and step back on his decision. She couldn’t face him anymore or at least now, she was feeling guilty because Heeyoung would send her some texts but she replied once telling her she needed time to think and to leave her alone, she might have been a bit too harsh and the guilt was eating her away especially that she could see a exhausted Heeyoung put her homework in front of her door and then leave. She needed to stand up and to do something, her friend and parents never taught her to be depressed and be a coward. She stood up and decided that even if it was Friday and she had missed the entire week she could at least go to the last period and go to the practice for the musical. It would be a good start and she would not have to see Sungyeol yet.

With this resolution, she took a shower and went to school and since it had already started not a lot of people were wandering in the hallways. She thought how much she had missed her friends and could imagine how Heeyoung would be sulking without her. It was not she was conceited to think that but Heeyoung would always throw a tantrum when Minyeon would not be at school, she hated to be without her friend. The bell rang for recess time and the hallways were fully filled by students before they all head to the canteen or to their next class. She spotted L, putting his books on his locker and went to see him.

"Hello L." She beamed behind him.

Startled, he jumped and hit his head against the locker. He looked at her nastily and rubbed the sore spot.

"Be careful Minyeon."

"Sorry. Where are the others ? Why are you alone."

"Sungyeol has P.E option right now, so it ends a bit later than me."

"Oh ? So what class did you take ? I thought you would take P.E since you’re quite… strong." Minyeon said.

"Well, don’t poke fun at me but I took poetry."

"Poetry wow amazing. So you like to write a lot ?"

"Just a bit." He said embarrassed.

"You’re really an artistic person. You play the guitar, you take photos and you write. It’s too bad you’re acting the way you are."

He glared at her and they made their way to the canteen together. They could hear some students rushing on the hallways and others coming out of their class. People would whisper seeing Minyeon and L together he couldn’t care less but she was so afraid to be embarrassing him.

"By the way where is Heeyoung ? She doesn’t eat with you ?"

"You will have soon your answer." L said looking gloomily again.

They were turning to the right since the canteen was quite far from their class and they were now in the building were most of the class were for their seniors. Two classes just had finished so a lot of students were walking toward the same direction so it was quite hard to walk through the crowd. Minyeon quickly noticed the fair hair of her friend making her way quite easily despite her petite figure. She was about to call her name when someone beat her.

"Heeyoung-ah !"

"OPPA !" Heeyoung screamed.

Her friend screamed and started to run toward one guy Minyeon had never saw in her life. He was waving at her and the back of another guy appeared in front of him, handing him something which looked like music sheet. Heeyoung didn’t decreased her speed and jumped on the other guy’s back. He caught her just in time and she started to laugh crazily.

"Come on my horse ! Let’s ride to the beautiful path of our food." Heeyoung said.

"Isn’t it a bit too much ?" Minyeon recognized Woohyun’s voice from the distance.

"Woohyun-ah just admit that you like to piggyback her." The other guy said.

"Just shush your foxy mouth !"

Minyeon looked quizzically at the scene in front of her, the trio was now going to the canteen and she was following with L who didn’t open his mouth since then. He was looking quite mad so Minyeon didn’t wanted to annoy him even more. They sat on their table but Heeyoung was not here, she wasn’t even in the room. She tried to look for her but L stopped her.

"Don’t she is with those guys."

"Why is she not eating here ?" Minyeon asked L

"Since you didn’t come back here this week, I hardly, I mean we hardly see her."

"How come ?"

"Remember we are not in the same class. Since then she is eating with those two seniors and after she spent all her time with her boyfriend."

Minyeon choked on her water when L spat the word boyfriend. She looked at him surprised as he was trying to kill his chicken with his spoon, splashing sauce everywhere on the table.

"L calm down, the chicken is already dead. How did she get a boyfriend, she didn’t tell me !"

"I don’t know how or when but it seems that Monday when we arrived at school with Sungyeol, it happened that everyone knew she and Kai were dating."

"WHAT ! Kai? She must be so happy, I can’t believe it, it’s so wonderful !" L glared his unfamous gaze and squeezed his chopsticks.

"Sorry, it’s just she must be really happy." Minyeon said.

"I hope so." L said in a whisper.

"Sorry for you."

"About what ?"

"She and you, and …this you know what I mean."

"What you see didn’t matter. It was actually nothing at all." L snapped getting back to his food and shoving it inside his mouth.

They fell silent and continued eating until Sungyeol joined them. When he saw them, especially Minyeon he froze but then he wanted to run to her and hugged her but people would start gossiping and it would not be good for Minyeon. So he just walked quickly toward them and sat beside L.

"Hello Minyeon ! Where were you ?" He asked quickly.

"Hello Sungyeol. I was ill, a severe headache, but I am feeling better now."

"I was quite worried. Can you give me your phone so that I can get your number. Heeyoung didn’t wanted to give it to me." He added.

"Yes of course."

She handed him her phone and he tapped something on it and then called his number to get hers. The atmosphere was quite tensed up and embarrassing between the two, whereas L was on his own little world as usual. They spoke a little bit more before Minyeon went to her practice, Suho was relieved to see her since he had heard she didn’t came to school for awhile so now the practice could start as usual. They were in the middle of a song when Suho burst into laugh.

"Stop it please, this is not gonna work. Hik Chan just look at Sooyong not Minyeon ! The pianist is not the female lead or maybe we can change but please focus."

Minyeon, flushed hid behind the piano the better she could and Suho was still laughing but stopped when the door creaked opened and a blond and a brown heads appeared all smiling, Minyeon smiled recognizing right away Heeyoung and Woohyun. She wondered what they were doing here. She laughed when Heeyoung nearly crawled toward Suho to ask his permission to stay and then go back to sit at the back with Woohyun. They were together smiling and waving at Minyeon. When the session ended, Heeyoung jumped and wrapped her arms around Minyeon’s neck suffocating her with all her might. Woohyun had disappeared before the end and the girls were now walking in the hallway.

"I am so happy you are back, I was quite worried about you but you said to leave you alone so I couldn’t do anything really apart from giving you the ho

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter