.23

Opposites do attract [ON HOLD]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

One week went by and Minyeon was playing hard to get with the Sungyeol who didn’t know what to do anymore. She was surely having the time of her life making him like that, but it did worth it since he had been so mean with her friends. She had become really close with L who happens to be someone really warm and sensible but you had to overcome the ice prince syndrome beforehand. Sungyeol was a bit reluctant at first seeing her and his best friend that close –too close for his taste but after another heated argument with L, he had learned that nothing would happen between them. Heeyoung was the odder one in the group, since L and Minyeon became great friends, having their own small chat and secrets, she had begun to be silent and spent most of her time with Sunggyu and Woohyun. Every time she would be with the three of them —Sungyeol, L and Minyeon, she would become as talkative as a tomb which was really unusual, she won’t even listen to what they were saying she would just stare at the distance. Even when L started to make fun of her or make snarky comments she didn’t even react anymore.

It was a bright Saturday and they had decided to go out. Minyeon understood why Heeyoung was always hanging out Sunggyu and Woohyun because she was feeling the exact right same thing with L and Sungyeol. It was like nothing could break them apart, there was no jealousy anymore, of course they had argument just like everyone but it never last long. They didn’t even needed to talk, always  enjoying their time together. She was between L and Sungyeol and they were arguing about where to go next, they had meet near a park, L wanted to go to a coffee shop and Sungyeol wanted to go to an ice cream stall.

"If I can share my opinion, I would say that coffee shop is way better because it’s not that it’s totally freezing here but well it is. And I am craving for a hot chocolate and a cinnamon bun." Minyeon shivered and tried to blow on her hands to warm them.

"Is it a deal ?" L asked smiling at Minyeon and Sungyeol.

"Deal." Sungyeol grunted.

They all followed L, to his favorite coffee shop because apparently they served the best Americano and caramel macchiato on earth. Just at the thought of an Americano, Sungyeol’s face brightens up instantly. They entered a cute looking coffee, it was simple yet comfortable, all the furniture were in wood and the walls were painted in a blue pastel colour. There was only two waiters, one boy beside the counter was making the drinks and a really pretty and cute girl was taking orders. They sat at a table near the heating and L put his camera on the table, Minyeon had learn with time that unless he was at school he never really left his camera behind. The waitress came to them quickly with a warm smile looking at Minyeon.

"Can I take your order ?" She asked politely.

"I would like a hot chocolate with a cinnamon bun please." Minyeon answered with a smile.

"Do you want cream and chocolate topping ? It’s free of charge."

"Oh yes please. Sungyeol ?" Minyeon asked turning toward him.

"Give me one Americano please." He said to the waitress.

"Ok, an Americano. Still the same Myungsoo ? Caramel macchiato and vanilla muffin." She asked L who was now red.

"Yes please." He said with a small voice.

The waitress wrote down everything and went back to the counter to give the orders. Minyeon turned to L who was in front of her looking at him with round eyes.

"What was that ? Myungsoo huh ?" She grinned.

"Myungsoo is his real name but only some people are allowed to call him like that." Sungyeol added but no one was really listening to him.

"Thanks Sungyeol, just come back playing with his camera, I want L or MyungSoo explanation. Not yours." Minyeon snapped.

"I just come here nearly every week, so we started to speak and we dropped the formality that’s all." L said.

"You come every day at school, you talk to us every day and I am calling you L."

"It’s different." L Shrugged getting suddenly interested in his camera.

"In which way it’s different ? Are you crushing on this girl ?"

"No ! Not at all !" He was a bit too quick at denying it and Minyeon saw it.

"Minyeon, he is actually crushing on two people." Sungyeol said, arms crossed annoyed that no one was paying attention to him.

"Just shut up Sungyeol before I beat the out of you." Sungyeol rolled his eyes and taking the camera from L, a smirk playing on his lips every time he would see something interesting on the device screen.

"Myung you’re really a creep. If someone sees that and tells her, she is going to call the cops." Sungyeol said with a huge grin.

"Shut up." L said trying to grab his camera back.

"What ? Show me Yeol !" Minyeon said excitedly.

The waitress arrived before she could even reach the camera and put everything on the table, she smiled at them settling the cakes in front of them. "Here is our new cake with lemon curd, it’s on me since you’re Myungsoo friends."

"Thank you very much, it’s really nice of you." Minyeon said with a smile.

"You’re welcome. Myungsoo I listen the cd you gave me I liked it a lot."

"I am really glad you liked it so. He answered trying to ignore Minyeon and Sungyeol eyes set on him. They were going to asking something when  they were disturbed by the bell from the door as a couple entered the coffee giggling."

"It’s so cold outside." The girl said clearly shivering.

"I told you to wear something warmer but you never listen to me." The guy answered.

The girl mumbled something and they went to sit at a table far from where the trio was. Minyeon was quite curious about them since they reminded her of someone. The couple was actually fighting against the scarf they had tied up around both of their necks. They were struggling and complaining about it, especially the girl.

"I think I can’t breathe anymore." She said battling with the scarf.

"Can you remind me who has this brilliant idea ?" The guy laughed.

"I’ve always dream to do it. But he doesn’t want to." The conversation stopped and Minyeon went back to reality when she saw L waving his hands in front of her face.

"Are you eavesdropping something." L said peering at her.

"No just a couple that reminds me of someone." Minyeon said trying to look at the couple.

"Oh. Okay."

"L look ! Your crush had finished her shift." Sungyeol exclaimed while the waitress was taking off her apron.

L glared at him and waved at the girl. "Soomi, do you want to stay a bit with us ?" He asked politely.

"I don’t want to disturb."

"No it’s okay, right ?" Minyeon smiled at the girl as she sat beside L and in front of Sungyeol. They started to talk together and they learnt that she was older than them and working half time here to pay her university. She was someone really warm and nice. A really cute girl indeed. The couple who intrigued Minyeon so much was now heading out of the coffee when the realization hit Minyeon.

"Heeyoung ?"

Time stopped inside the small coffee shop. Heeyoung turned back and her eyes widened seeing her friends here, Woohyun hand attached to Heeyoung’s was also there and was looking at them as surprised as everyone. Heeyoung smiled embarrassed and made her way toward the table.

"Hello everyone." She said scanning the table.

"What are you doing ?" L’s eyes wandered from Heeyoung to Woohyun, to their hands and back to Heeyoung.

"We just went to Nell concert show. And we wanted to get something warm before going elsewhere." She said glancing at Woohyun and the table.

" I really like Nell, you’re really lucky, I’ve never had the chance to see them live." Heeyoung turned to Soomi trying to process who

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter