.11

Opposites do attract [ON HOLD]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

After walking a good time in the dimly lit streets, Minyeon and Heeyoung had finally arrived in front of the building where the party was set. From the outside it was gloomy, in a dark street a bit away from the main streets. In front of the building young people were already waiting in line and music was already blasting from the inside. Minyeon was uneasy with this atmosphere while Heeyoung seemed in her element. They started to queue.

"Just keep your mobile phone with you ! Don’t ever follow someone, we stay together and if we lose each other call me or go to female washroom ! It’s gonna be our meeting point right ?!" Heeyoung explained to her friend.

Heeyoung was already feeling guilty about it, even if she was telling that to her friend, she knew that they would have to part ways inside. Then once he would have kidnapped her friend she would only ne left with L. Secretly she texted Sungyeol telling them they were already queuing outside the venue. He answered right away telling her he was already waiting. They entered and were astonished by the darkness of the room and the loud music. Minyeon tightened her grip on Heeyoung’s arm and put her venetian mask that Heeyoung had given her, at a better place. This party was supposed to be a masquerade so everyone had to put a her mask on. And they were no exception to her dismay. She looked up and could see how high was the ceiling just as large as the whole area.

"So let’s go."

Heeyoung was already making her way through the crowd going near a bartender, followed by Minyeon who was not really used to this. Everything was so dark inside except the violet and pink lights giving an eerie and intimate atmosphere, the waitresses wearing close to nothing were walking skillfully in the crowd of people holding trays full of colored or fluorescent drinks. Heeyoung came back with an orange drink and a pink beverage for herself but Minyeon looked at her then to the drink in her hand suspiciously.

"It’s not alcohol !"

"With this color ? Are you serious ?" Minyeon raised a eyebrown at Heeyoung.

"I am not talking about my drink." She winked to only meet the unamused look on her friend face.

As an answer she smiled slyly to her friend and sipped on her drink. Minyeon shook her head and drink her orange juice. Everyone was dancing and having fun, they looked quite friendly to Minyeon but Heeyoung had already warned her about too friendly people.

"If you really want to dance you can go I can stay here if you want." Minyeon said watching Heeyoung fidget.

"No I am fine here, just looking."

"Looking for Kai ?" Minyeon added grinning at her friend.

"Not really". Heeyoung shrugged. She had realised something was off in her friend behavior when she would talk about Kai. 

As she was deep in her thought, Minyeon thought her time had arrived when she nearly die choking on her drink. Two guys were walking toward them like in slow motion ans she felt like her heart was going to burst. They were walking greek gods the taller one had jet black hair with a mask covering half his face, she couldn’t make up his traits but she knew he was a dashing guy. He was wearing beige tight pants with a white shirt and a black vest  and besides him a guy was walking loosely hands in the pocket of his black pants, he was also wearing a white vneck shirt and a leather jacket. They were giving a strong aura but Minyeon couldn’t say more because they were wearing those stupid masks, she hated it, she found really them annoying more than pretty. Heeyoung was already speaking with a girl a bit far from Minyeon who was in a corner since she wanted to get more air and didn’t like the proximity of the crowd. She felt her heart fell off her body when the guy tapped Heeyoung’s shoulder and leaned to whisper something in her ear.  She didn’t wanted to acknowledge it but she felt really sad because once again guys were going toward her friend. She knew she did not stand a chance compared to her friend and she knew Sungyeol would never like her the way she does but it still hurts. She couldn’t hide her surprise when the girl beside Heeyoung left and the latter pointed her finger toward Minyeon smiling slyly. And now the guy was looking at her with his mouth open before getting his composure back and walked slowly toward her.

"Oh my god what to do? What to do." She started to panic.

He was now in front of her, looking at her with sparkles in his eyes. He smiled and leaned forward, his breath brushing her face then her ear. He opened his mouth and a deep and y voice came out.

"Hello Minyeon."

She blackout or she thought so, something like that. She was staring at him but couldn’t tell who he was and how he knew his name, her mind was totally intoxicated with his presence. He looked past him to seek the comforting smile or eyes of her friend and she saw Heeyoung, pointing a finger toward the chest of the other guy and poking him angrily. And everything became clear, she looked at the guy in front of her, then to Heeyoung and then to the other guy.

"Sungyeol ?" She exclaimed clearly shocked a hand on .

"Bingo !" He smiled and put his mask off.

"You can take it off you know they say you need to have it but they won’t scold you if we took it off. It’s no school here." He said smugly

"Oh well if you say so. Is it L there ?" She pointed toward Heeyoung.

"Yes, why ?" Sungyeol asked turning toward where she was pointing at.

"To keep an eye on Heeyoung to be sure she doesn’t kill him."

Sungyeol laughed his head off at her comment and shook his head. He reassured her and led her toward a table where they could see the entire place. As they were sitting, L arrived grumpily, hands still in his pockets and fell on the sofa taking a drink gulping it entirely.

"This girl is making me crazy." He said looking at the crowd.

"Heeyoung ?" Minyeon asked cautiously 

"Yes ! You’re friend i

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter