.36

Opposites do attract [ON HOLD]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Heeyoung was definitely bored to death, one glass of juice in her hand she was walking aimlessly trying to find a way to sneak at least a glass of alcohol. The party was deadly boring and it would be fair for to have at least some alcohol in her blood to smoothen the situation. Unfortunately for her, her mother had spotted her and prohibited to take any sort of alcohol. Damn, the night was going to be long. In her bad luck, she had some luck since they would not have to sit at a table, all the dishes were on a long buffet and some waiters were walking through the crowd with their silver trays. She spotted a familiar figure sitting on the balcony sipping a glass. She glanced right and left… no mother in sight, she skipped toward the man and sat beside him.

"Such an annoying party." Heeyoung said growning.

"I still don’t get why we need to take part in !" She sighed and put her feet on the coffee table.

"To show you off of course cousin !" She said with a smile and the guy growl.

"Don’t make such dumb remark Heeyoung !" He scoffed.

"But that’s true !" They sighed at the same time and looked at the sky, since the balcony was like a veranda they didn’t felt the coldness but were able to see the sky. They heard some commotion sign they had to come back soon inside. If their mothers would see them here not greeting or talking with other people it would be the death sentence for them.

"Why are you here by the way ?" Heeyoung asked taking his glass from his hand and sipping a bit of the alcoholic beverage.

"The usual of course, my mother is setting me up with some models or I don’t know who. But for sure it will permit her to get something since she always does that." He sighed running his fingers through his messy hair.

"Hahaha, I am wondering when she will stopped this. I know we are in Korea but arranged marriage is not the solution." Heeyoung laughed gulping the last content of the beverage.Yunho smiled sadly and rubbed his cousin shoulder with affection.

"Unfortunately for us, it is. We are in an environment that we have to do it, we don’t get the choice Heeyoung."

"I know Yunho and I hope it will change soon. As for me I am never going to follow this rule and my mother is not really like that."  Heeyoung shrugged her shoulders and looked thoughtfully at her cousin. He returned his gaze and what she saw was not what she was expecting. Her face cringed, making her pull a face. What was that face he was making ! No way in the world this would happen to her !

"Why are you looking at me like that Yunho !"

"Nothing little sis’, just enjoy your time with your boyfriend okay ?!What’s his name ? It seems like you appreciate him a lot."

"He is called Woohyun. I was not sure about my feeling about him but the more I am with him, the more I love him. He makes me fall in love with him deeper and stronger. But what are you saying  !" She asked suddenly feeling a lump form in .

"Just enjoy this love Heeyoung, it might be too late for me but not for you. I am already old, being in the entertainment industry helped me a lot but you’re young and I am not sure if you will have that chance also." Heeyoung started to understand the situation even if she had some blank gaps she needed to fill. Her hands started to tremble just like her whole body. It was not from the cold but from the reality of her situation. She had always been happy about her situation and she had known that she would have to make sacrifices at one moment but not this one. She was not prepared to make that sacrifice and to give up that.

"Yunho ! I can’t ! I can’t give up that." She stood up fuming.

"I know and it’s not me who can decide this. Don’t get mad at your mother, she is doing this for your own good." Yunhoo stood up too, putting his hands on her shoulders to try to calm her.

"No ! Don’t say all that bull ! It’s just for her good and the family ! Not mine !" Heeyoung started to raise her voice but her cousin glared at her, it wasn't the moment to start a scene.

"Don’t pick up a fight with me ! You know that I would like to help you but I can’t. Do you really think she will be happy when she will meet him ?"

"She will learn to love him, he is the sweetest person in the world. He is perfect, he chooses me."

"Do you think it matter to her ?! The only thing they saw is background and only background ! I gave up Joohyun for that ! Do you think I am happy about it ! I gave her up because her parents were only dentists ! Do you really think that she would let you marry someone whose parents are running a restaurant or two ?!" Yunho tone got harsher, he wanted to help her but she had to realize that sometime they hadn't any choice.

"SHUT UP ! I am really and utterly sorry for you but I am not going to give him up ! I love him ! It took me a lot of time to realize that because I never noticed that he was that important to me! I love him, do you understand I LOVE HIM." They were stopped by the open door and Heeyoung’s mother looking at them surprised, a frown beautifully drawn on her face. She walked toward them and made a sign to speak not that loud.

"Who do you love Heeyoung ?" Heeyoung mother asked tilting her head slightly.

"My… my boyfriend. I love my boyfriend." Heeyoung answered with a small voice.

"Oh really ! That’s great news that you got yourself a boyfriend. You’re young you need to have fun." Both of the young cousins looked at each other’s and gulped. What was the meaning of this. Yunho was having a headache, not long ago his aunt was actually talking to him about the future and beautiful wedding she had planned for Heeyoung. It would not happen soon but in two or three years, when she would have mature enough and ended high school. It would happen just after her second year of university. His aunt was strict about the fact that she needed to have some fun before starting her wedded life. Like that she would be able to live it smoothly without being frustrated. But right now she was saying it was okay and nice. Something was really off.

"Well what are you two doing there ? Aren’t you enjoying the nice party ? It’s New Year Eve !"

"We were, but we needed some time together. Cousin bounding." Yunho said with a smile to his aunt.

"With my sister we have always thought that you two were more like siblings than cousins. You get on so well." She laughed.

"Because we have a lot on common maybe." Heeyoung wanted to cut short the conversation. 

"Maybe ! Sorry to disturb your bounding time but I need to take my precious daughter with me."

"Huh ?" Heeyoung could only say as her mother was already dragging her away.

"Business time." She made a wink toward yunho and he understood quickly what was going to happen. He hoped that Heeyoung would not make a scene in front of everyone of she would be enough dense to not understand what was happening a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter