10- Empathy

Please, Remember Me~
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hey~ 
Missed me?
I really, really wanna hear more from you. And if you like the story, like it by upvoting, babies~ 
I hope you like this chappie ^.^
Let me know~ 
Love you <3 <3 


 

 Only three days left for New Year. Sehun doesn't know what that feeling that is capturing his heart is. He doesn't know whether he's still scared to know what's inside the case, or is he afraid to know the truth. He knows he might take the first step of the road, the road that will lead him to the who and the why. Maybe that what scared Sehun the most. It's not that he wouldn't like it, no. It's how much he already hurt the other partner, the years he has suffered, the thoughts he might had. Sehun doesn't know if that person ever knew what had happened to him or if he's thinking that he stood that person up.

His mind was having a million scenarios. His thoughts were going thousands of directions. His heart wasn't afraid, it was, it was...
It just was.

~~~~~~~~

Jongin stared at his phone for a reply. It was still nothing. He knew Sehun read all the texts. The very last message Jongin sent, he knew it caught Sehun's attention. He knows Sehun is thinking right now.

By now, Jongin was sure, he has already fallen in love with him. He swallowed his feelings at first for Sehun’s safety, but then, he came to learn another fact of Sehun's lost puzzle. Jongin had figured that Sehun's partner is a guy. Just that one fact solved everything for Jongin. He knew by the way Sehun looked at couples, how he felt cramps inside of him at the sight of rejection in a film or two. How he couldn't hold his tears when Jongin called his name few times. It is a big deal, it's not easy. And maybe that's why Sehun blocked his memories.

Jongin is wrong. He knows he is wrong. He knows he is unfair. But after he knew, Jongin kept it a secret from Sehun so that he wouldn't lose him. He didn't want to lose him.

He couldn't.

~~~~~~~~

Minseok would define Luhan as a real wax statue. He kept his features, all clear, but he lost his glow. Just a lifeless rock.

Misneok has locked his heart inside of his chest for years. He didn't want to love ever again. Only once in his entire life, he had fallen in love. He loved a boy, he couldn't tell him. They were friends and the boy was younger than him. He was afraid of losing him so he didn't tell. Minseok just held his heart tightly and didn't tell.

In some way, all connections were cut between him and the boy. Minseok didn't mention him ever again. He moved out, took the job and worked day and night.

It took him a while before he started to recognize two boys who would always come over to chat when free, and study when busy. They looked like best friends. They reminded him of his old story. But Minseok promised not to tell and not to ache his heart again.

Misneok held it inside of him.

~~~~~~~~

Luhan fell all lifeless on his bed in the room of the back of the cafe. After lots and lots of talks and nagging of the owner and whining ofMisneok, Luhan decided to take quick naps around 6 in the morning to 8. Only two hours per day would be more than enough for him.

Luhan knows Sehun wouldn't get out of bed in those hours so yeah, he decided to join his dreamland and get back to the counter right away.

It was 6:30 when Luhan last checked the clock on the wall above the door. He closed his eyes slowly and fell asleep.

~~~~~~~~

It was around 6:30 when Sehun opened his eyes. In some way, he fell asleep on the bed. Last he remembers, he was sitting on the bed thinking of his suitcase. He wanted to remember on his own. Sehun wanted the memory to force itself into his head. He started by trying to remember how his suitcase looked like. He fell asleep meanwhile.

Sehun moved his legs slowly and sat on the edge of bed. He sighed and looked down,
"Are you somewhere out there? Did I let you down?..."

~~~~~~~~

Luhan shifted in his sleep. For the hundredth time, he sees Sehun in his dream. Sehun talking to him.
He just couldn't hear what he was saying.

~~~~~~~~

Sehun looked at his reflection in the bath ceramic wall. He reached out his hand feeling the water dripping through his hair down between his eyes,
"I... I still need help. Can't you... " Sehun's hand shivered,
"I didn't do it on purpose..."

~~~~~~~~

In Luhan's dream, Sehun had his hair covering his face. He couldn't see if he was sad or happy. He couldn't tell if he was okay or not. Sehun reached out his hand for Luhan.

Slowly in Luhan's sleep, he lifted his hand.

~~~~~~~~
 
Sehun's hand shivered as he held it out,
"I'm... I'm so sorry..." A tear escaped his eyes.

~~~~~~~~

Luhan's hand shook violently and turned itself towards his chest, he clutched on his chest and turned to his side curling up. He started whimpering.

~~~~~~~~

Sehun couldn't stop crying. He fell to his knees under the water and cried his heart out.

Some feeling started to increase in his abdomen. Something rushing up, up, up. Sehun felt burns in his chest. He rubbed his chest few times, but it made no difference, the fire was just starting inside of him. It kept getting worse.
He hit his chest few times, the feeling wouldn't go away, it only increased.

Sehun figured it out. He knew. He just started to feel the other person's pain.

~~~~~~~~

Luhan pressed his knees to his chest and tightened his arms around his knees. He kept crying out loud.

~~~~~~~~

Sehun stood up bravely nodding,
"That's it, I'm carrying it with you. Don't feel lonely. I'm carrying it with you."

After a while, Sehun wore his clothes and left the house. Just like every day for weeks now. It was around 7:30 when he started walking in the street. He slid his hands in his coat's pockets and took wise steps. He may not have remembered anything of that person but at least, he found the connection. He found it.

Sehun sighed as he walked. He reached the cafe like every day. He entered around 7:45 like every day. He smiled at the boy by the counter.

"Good morning, sir!" Minseok smiled.

"Good morning!" Sehun nodded smiling back.

"Your original?"

Sehun nodded with a smile.

Misneok started to prepare the mango. Just like every day. Just by the same time.

~~~~~~~~

Luhan woke up. His muscles all sore. He doesn't know what happened but he preferred to guess the known, maybe he had another dream of Sehun.

He sat on the edge of the bed and looked up at the clock, it said time was 7:48, he sighed once more and slowly stood up, keeping his balance because everything started moving in different directions as soon as his feet met the floor.

~~~~~~~~

Misneok smiled at Sehun handing him his order,
"You do like mangos so much, sir."

Sehun smiled taking his mango,
"I stopped drinking it for some time, every time I drink it now especially that I have it from here, it makes me step on the edge of an old memory that I can't lay my hands on."

~~~~~~~~

Luhan felt something he didn't feel in his entire life. Something like being so thirsty and having the water across

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter