Happy Birthday Kwon Yuri

Dream High

Jessica put down her calculator and let her back rested on the chair. She spin her pencil in between her fingers while staring onto the white board mind drifting away thinking about someone. Someone that brings back a memory. A certain memory behind her reason getting into this school the first place.

 

FLASHBACK

 

She looked down on her examination results and can’t help but feeling sad. She knew she has been playing around and she can’t really blame anyone. Her friends all got a good grades but not her. She knew her parents won’t be scolding her over this but each time she felt she became a disappointment.

 

“You seems to be in deep thought.”

 

Jessica looked up and saw a girl with a huge smile on her face standing in front of her. The girl didn’t even asked and just sat next to her with both hands propped behind supporting her back. Jessica frowned.

 

“I don’t know you. You should go.”

 

“Shouldn’t it be better to tell a stranger your problem rather than people who do know you? At least I can’t spread it since I don’t know anyone who knows you.”

 

Jessica sighed again. The girl was right. A stranger to another stranger. She put down her results slip and let the other girl took it.

 

“You can laugh at me. I’m that stupid.”

 

“I’m not. Flash news, I’m that stupid too.”

 

The girl showed her own results at Jessica. Jessica lips tugged into a wide smile.

 

“Yeah, you’re that stupid too.”

 

“See we’re even.”

 

Both of them fall into a laughing fit. Jessica watched as the other girl folded her results into a paper airplane. She raised an eyebrow.

 

“What are you doing?”

 

The other girl didn’t answer but keep on folding it. She then handed it over towards Jessica. Jessica is still confused but took it anyway.

 

“Fly it.”

 

“What?”

 

“Let it fly. We might be stupid now but we can always work hard. Let this be a new start for both of you and me. So let it fly. It’s a symbolic to a new beginning.”

 

Jessica can’t help but smile watching as the girl without worries encouraging her to do better.

 

“Yeah you’re right. It’s really symbolic.” With that being said, she threw her paper airplane and let the wind fly it away from her into the sky. The other girl leaned towards Jessica and whispered loud enough for her to hear.

 

“And maybe next time we met, you can fly another paper airplane so that I’ll know if you aren’t stupid anymore.”

 

END OF FLASHBACK

 

Jessica chuckled as she still clearly remembered that day. If only the other girl realized her impact in her life. If only.

 

“I can steal a kiss from you and you wouldn’t even realize it.”

 

Jessica felt a lips on her cheek and saw Yuri coming around placing a chair in front of her desk and sat down with her chin on her on her propped elbow. Jessica has to admit, Yuri can be cute when she wants to. So Jessica copied her actions and now both of them staring at each other.

 

“Copycat.”

 

“What do you want Kwon?”

 

Yuri chuckled.

 

“Remember our bet? I win the game and you’re going to grant anything I desire. So I won.”

 

“And?” Yuri had her cheeky smile on her face. It spelled trouble all the time. Yuri leaned forward.

 

“I want you.”

 

“You already have me.”

 

Jessica pretends as she didn’t understand. Yuri shook her head.

 

“I am but I still haven’t you below me on my bed screaming my name.”

 

Jessica felt herself almost blushing but she knew Yuri and Yuri is learning the way of teasing her. This is their game; teasing each other. She bite her bottom lips seductively and let her fingers trailing down Yuri’s arm earning a nervous gulp from the latter.

 

“S-Sica…your fingers not..really helping.”

 

Yuri is stuttering and god knows how much Jessica is celebrating her victory.

 

“You started this Yul.”

 

Yuri quickly distanced herself from Jessica reaching fingers. She placed her palm on her chest and dramatically sighing. Jessica chuckled and playfully flicked Yuri’s forehead.

 

“Byun.”

 

Yuri pouted not happy with her defeat.

 

“Let me win for once Sica.”

 

“Next time.”

 

“Fine. Anyway, you still haven’t granted my wish.”

 

“I’m not ready to be under you nor screaming your name.”

 

Yuri had a huge grin on her face.

 

“That can wait. I want us to have a proper date.”

 

Jessica eyes widen. A proper date?

 

“You do realize that proper date is not available for you right? Yul, your mom is going crazy if she saw us together on public.”

 

Yuri sneakily look around and then back at Jessica. She leaned forward.

 

“I’ll pick you tonight at 10. Pack some clothes with you. That’s all I ask.”

 

“You’re not trying to kidnap me and force me to have with you right?”

 

Yuri wiggling her eyebrows but hissed in pain when Jessica threw her pencil hitting her forehead.

 

“Why would I force you when soon you’re going to beg me to make you scream? We can’t be seen together on daylight and I know how frustrating it is for you. I want us to spend time together like every other couple. And since we’re not normal, I promise you that you’re going to enjoy our date tonight.”

 

Jessica eyed her girlfriend not really believing a thing she just said. How can a night date be enjoyable? But she didn’t want pressure Yuri about it. The thought of her realizing that she’s kind of pissed off not having a chance to go on daylight together is surprising. She didn’t knew Yuri notice it. That means Yuri pay attention to her needs. That’s a good start.

 

“Okay swimming genius. I’ll kick your if I don’t enjoy our date tonight.”

 

“Anything as long as you don’t break my bone.  A kick in the sounded promising.”

 

Jessica can’t help but laugh at Yuri‘s failure to be cheesy.

 

“Keep it coming girlfriend.”

…..

 

Jessica told her parents that she’s staying in the dorms with Tiffany revising for her next NAC round but she for sure noticed the teasing look that her father shoot at her when she finished explaining. He even agree way too easy. Not that he’s a control freak or something but Daniel is the kind of father who wanted a full blown explanation before agreeing on anything. It was way too easy on his parts. She made a mental notes to investigate into this easy persuaded reasons of him when she’s home tomorrow. Tiffany playful slapping on her arms woken her up from her deep thought. Tiffany sat down on her bed eyes on Jessica and not to mention a sickening grin on her face.

 

“Ask what you’re dying to know Fany.”

 

Tiffany sat straight and eyes sparkled having the opportunity to ask that one question that Jessica is still refusing to answer.

 

“Where is Yuri taking you?”

 

Jessica rolled her eyes.

 

“I told you a millionth time already. I have no idea. She only said it’s a date and that was it. I don’t know where the hell she’s taking me.”

 

“Are you sure? What kind of a date at 10? It’s almost midnight? Unless..” Tiffany eyes widen as an idea creeping up her mind. She happily clapping her hand annoying the hell out of Jessica.

 

“She’s going to pop your cherry!”

 

“What the.. Can’t you be any louder? They don’t hear you loud enough Hwang.”

 

Tiffany realized she just said it out loud and knowing her voice, at least a few dorms might have heard it. Taeyeon always reminding her to control her loud tone. Not that she’s irritated by it, but sometimes her loud voice disturbing other students.

 

“Sorry.” She timidly said that and played with her fingers hoping Jessica won’t get mad at her. Jessica sighed and put down her pencil. She was really revising for NAC when Tiffany disturbing her like this.

 

“You’re forgiven. But I’m really telling you the truth. Yuri hadn’t said a thing about where we’re heading for the night. She only said I’m going to enjoy it and I’m pretty sure it got nothing to do with her in between my legs like you and Taeyeon did when I was just in the bathroom for a few minutes. Can’t you control your hormones Fany?”

 

“Yah! We both like it and its healthy okay!”

 

“Healthy my . You both are freaks. How many times do you did it with her in one day anyway? I’m really curious.”

 

Tiffany suddenly blushed and because of that Jessica were laughing like crazy. She was just testing her and she fell in her trap.

 

“I swore if I’m the school president and not you, I would have make a rule especially for you and that football jock girlfriend of yours; No more than 2 times per day.”

 

“Jessi…”

 

Jessica shook her head really amused by Tiffany’s reaction. She was about to up her teasing when there’s knocking coming from the front door. Both of them looked at each other and Jessica swore she saw Tiffany wiggling her eyebrows. She ignored it and took her backpack with her heading to the door. She opened it and saw Yuri already smiling so wide at her.

 

“Ready?”

 

Jessica gave a slight nod.

 

“Hi Yuri!” Tiffany loudly greeting Yuri who in return peeking from Jessica side and saw Tiffany waving at her. She smiled.

 

“Ah I thought you’re with Taeyeon already?”

 

Tiffany pouted.

 

“She said she’s a little late. Hey Yul, take care of Jessi okay? Don’t do anything stupid at her or I’ll beat you up!”

 

Yuri chuckled as Tiffany playfully flashed her knuckles at Yuri warning the tan girl. Jessica sighed and without letting Yuri to answer back, she pushed her girlfriend outside and closed the door behind them leaving Tiffany alone in her room. Yuri grinning like an idiot.

 

“Can’t stand her teasing Sica?”

 

“More like her loud voice. She’s been bugging me since school ended.”

 

Yuri raised an eyebrow as she took Jessica’s backpack from the blond girl.

 

“Bugging you about what?”

 

“She said that I purposely not telling her where you’re taking me when I seriously have no idea where.”

 

“Oh.”

 

Jessica watched as Yuri nonchalantly answered. She crossed her arms and eyed the tan girl.

 

“What?” Yuri senses Jessica staring at her. Jessica tapped her foot on the floor.

 

“You’re not kidnapping me for real right? I can really kick your Yul.”

 

Jessica can’t seems to be wiping that childish grinning away from Yuri’s face. She playfully let out a heavy sighing.

 

“I’m doom. Alone at night with the most erted girl in the whole world.”

 

Yuri placed her arm around Jessica’s shoulder pulling the girl towards her.

 

“The most erted girl who happens to be in love with you. Now doesn’t that sounded lovely?”

 

Jessica pushed Yuri face away from her when the latter try stealing a kiss from her.

 

“It’s already 10.30, swimming genius. Whatever your plan is must have an expiration date. So hurry up!”

 

“Ey, fine. Here.”

 

Jessica stare at Yuri’s hand and then back at the tan girl’s face questioning her action holding out her hand towards her.

 

“We’re on a date Jung. I need to hold my girlfriend’s hand so that she won’t get lost.”

 

Jessica rolled her eyes but let Yuri took her hand in hers.

 

“We might not having but hand hold is good enough.” Jessica ignored Yuri’s teasing and let the tan girl lead her out towards Yuri’s car. Yuri guided her in the passenger seat before getting herself to the driver seat. She started the engine and drove away still reluctant on telling Jessica anything of where they are heading. It has been a 15 minutes of driving but it seems they are leaving the city. Not that she’s afraid of anything bad but it’s kind of weird. Luckily tomorrow is Saturday so there’s no school. She glanced towards Yuri and the girl is looking so happy for no apparent reason.

 

“You had that signature creepy smile of yours and it is freaking me out Yul.”

 

Yuri laughed but still eyes on the road.

 

“Babe, can you just trust me? I can’t tell you where are we heading to so what the use of keeping on asking?”

 

“My brain is desperate for information. We’re leaving the city and heading to a rural area? Am I right or am I wrong?”

 

“Both.” A one word answer. Great. Yuri is enjoying watching as she had the upper hand of information.

 

“Yul, my brain need to think about something. Give me something to think about.”

 

Yuri thought for a while and held Jessica hand with her free hand, intertwine their fingers together.

 

“Can you explain why I’m holding your hand in a scientific way?”

 

Jessica raised an eyebrow earning a chuckled from Yuri.

 

“What? You’re hot when you explaining things through science.”

 

“And you are mocking me Kwon Yuri.”

 

“I’m not. I’m a no brainer Sica. I always have a hots for smart girls.”

 

“Smart girls?” Jessica slapped Yuri hard.

 

“No! I meant smart girl. A girl. Not girls.”

 

Jessica gave another hard slap as if warning Yuri. Yuri awkwardly rubbed her sore arm. Jessica was about to say something when her phone beeping; a new message. Yuri breathe in relief and let Jessica read the message.

 

I envy you and Yuri escapade. Taeyeon and I are just laying down on my bed watching some stupid movie.

 

Jessica chuckled.

 

“Who is it?” Yuri is curious and envy too since with only a text, Jessica is laughing. Jessica on the other hand felt like playing around with Yuri.

 

“Tiffany. She said you at dating department.” Yuri frowned not happy about it.

 

“Taeyeon is even worst okay.”

 

I thought you said I’m the one is jealous over your activities. No tonight?

 

Jessica pressed sent and waited while Yuri focusing back on her driving.

 

She’s tired since she had a hard football drill this evening. I hate her coach and her teammates.

 

You can’t blame her. Most of them are seniors already. They want the champion’s cup.

 

To the expenses of my ual deprive? No thanks Jessi.

 

Hey cut the midget some slack. Being a captain is hard especially when people put a lot of pressure on her. I know how it feels.

 

Of course Jessica understood the reason behind it. She’s the school NAC team captain. She want to graduate with a NAC champion under her belt. It must have the same with Taeyeon. Everyone is counting on her just like everyone counting on Jessica to win the final round.

 

Okay. I get it. You both are captains and you’re ganging up against me with her. No fair.

 

Jessica looked up and saw Yuri taking the right turn into a road. They could have been nearby now. Time to get rid of Tiffany. Her bestfriend need to know that cutting Taeyeon some slack is not going to lessen the love they had.

 

I’m not Fany. If she’s ganging up with me, she wouldn’t be next to you holding you in her arms. Go back to your stupid movie and let me have my date with Yuri. Goodnight.

 

I’m serious when I said I envy you. Fine. Tell me the details on Monday. Goodnight.

 

Jessica shook her head and put away her phone inside her pocket jeans when Yuri car finally stopped. She looked up and eyes widen.

 

“You’re taking me to the beach at a time like this? Seriously Kwon?”

 

Yuri grinning and pointed towards a tent not too far from them.

 

“I set that up earlier so that we won’t have to do it tonight. We’re camping!”

 

“Right now? It’s night and it’s freezing!”

 

She like outdoors activity but camping at night and next to the beach? That’s ridiculous.

 

“It’s 7 degrees out there.”

 

Yuri let Jessica calculating the temperature and get out of the car. She took Jessica’s backpack and slide it on her shoulder. She then got to Jessica side door, opening it and scoop the girl in her arms.

 

“Put me down.”

 

“No. We’re going to have that date whether you like it or not baby.”

 

Jessica rolled her eyes.

 

“I know but put me down. I can walk fine Kwon Yuri.”

 

Yuri steal a kiss from her girlfriend and put Jessica down. Jessica just smile back and walk towards the set up tent by Yuri. Yuri followed closely from behind. Jessica inspected the tent and fire spit that Yuri set up and can’t help but impress by it.

 

“You did a good job for someone who clearly haven’t left the house for anything else other than swimming.”

 

Yuri smile and put down Jessica’s backpack. She choose this place since it’s a bit far from civilization so more privacy for them. She took a few charcoal from a plastic bag she hidden next to the tent and put it inside the fire spit. She light it up and a sense of proudness can be seen on her face. Jessica smirks.

 

“Good girl Yuri.”

 

Jessica pat Yuri on the head and Yuri showed her a puppy face please with Jessica actions. Yuri put down a blanket down on the sand and sat next to the fire pit. She pat the empty space next to her and without much said, Jessica sat next to Yuri. Yuri wrapped her left arm around her girlfriend waist bringing Jessica closer to her. It was kind of romantic to be honest having Yuri closer like this. The only time when they can be like this is when she’s studying for NAC. That is the only time they can be alone. She like this peculiar date already. She let her head resting on the dip between her shoulder and base neck enjoying the tan girl warmth.

 

“Are you comfortable now Sica?”

 

“Very.”

 

“Good.”

 

Jessica closed her eyes while Yuri poke the charcoal a little with a stick making sure it’s burning evenly.

 

“What should we do now Yul?”

 

“I don’t really know. I just want us to spent alone time together.”

 

Jessica smile touched by Yuri efforts for the night. It’s not easy and she knew it. She’s starting to appreciate what Yuri just did. Then it occurred to her.

 

“Your parents let you out at night?”

 

“My parents don’t come to my room after 10. They said they don’t want to disturb me since I need enough rest. So they never came to my room after 10. Although they did make sure I am asleep before retreating to their rooms. So I sneak out after that.”

 

 

Jessica looked up and they both were looking at each other.

 

“You can’t get caught Yul. I don’t want you to risk it.”

 

Yuri flashed a warm smile.

 

“I’ll take it so that we can have this kind of dates often.”

 

“You said it yourself. The moment your parents knew about us, it’s the end.”

 

Yuri captured Jessica lips silencing the other girl. She like the taste of the older girl lips. Jessica placed her right palm on Yuri’s neck base while savoring the kiss. It’s really nice to be kissing on a secluded beach, alone with a moon shining on top. Not to mention the noise made when waves hitting the beach not too far from them. It made her wonders, how long it took for Yuri to do all of these? Jessica grab a hold of Yuri’s shirt when she felt Yuri tongue running along her bottom lips while keeping their kissing intensity higher and higher. She felt breathless but Yuri sense it and giving one last kiss, she pulled away still remain in their positions; eyes on each other.

 

“Let’s not talk about my parents. It’s a turn off Sica.”

 

Jessica her bottom lips.

 

“Am I turning you on?”

 

“You always .”

 

Yuri gulped when Jessica palm slowly tracing upwards towards her neck then down on her left shoulder.

 

“Still turn on Yuri?”

 

“Are you kidding me?”

 

Jessica was giggling when Yuri shifted uncomfortably. She pulled back her hand and just like that they remain in their first position.

 

“What time is it?” Jessica asked. Yuri look down at her watch.

 

“12.00 AM. Time passing so fast.”

 

Jessica gave herself a fighting cheer. This is it. She wasn’t just blindly letting Yuri drove her here. She pay attention towards all the details when Yuri was driving. There were no one here when they came. The area was isolated and with the way the beach conditions are, no one have been here. Yuri somehow didn’t realized she picked out a really far and isolated part of the beach. She untangled Yuri’s arm around her waist earning a shocking look from Yuri.

 

“Sica?”

 

Jessica ignored her girlfriend confused look and sat on Yuri’s lap straddling her. She wrapped her arms around Yuri neck bringing Yuri’s face so near to hers. Yuri automatically support Jessica back with her hands.

 

“I already did what you want. Now I want you to do something for me.”

 

Body to body and warmth to warmth. Jessica is too near and Yuri is not backing away. There’s something that Jessica wanted and it seems important.

 

“What is it?”

 

The stares she’s giving Yuri suggesting something and it hard for Yuri to decipher.

 

“It had past 12 AM. Happy birthday Kwon Yuri.”

 

She forgot. Today is her birthday. No one have ever celebrating her birthday before other than Sooyoung and Taeyeon so when they didn’t today, she forgot it.

 

“How did you know it’s my birthday today?”

 

“Wikipedia.”

 

“You search about me?”

 

Jessica leaned even closer until Yuri can feel the tip of her nose touching hers.

 

“You have no idea Yuri.”

 

“So you just want to wish my birthday?”

 

Jessica shook her head but remain in her position.

 

“No. I want to celebrate your birthday alone with you.”

 

Yuri tightened her hold onto Jessica.

 

“We’re alone and we can celebrate my birthday.”

 

“Good because I want you too.”

 

TBC.

 

Wow. You want me to continue? LOL. Anyway, I was supposed to update this chapter days ago but something happened and it got dragged on. So I couldn't update it until now. A few days ago, uniqdreamz had her birthday so I dedicated this chapter for her. Happy birthday! Oh and yesterday was our own Kwon Yuri's birthday. Happy Birthday Mastasasa! LOL. 

 

To Kwon Yuri, I wish you all the happiness in the world and no matter what happen in your life or what circumstances it is, please stay and be yourself. Always fight for your right and when life is getting hard, always be thankful to the people around you who stood by until now. Happy Birthday my ultimate bias!