Doubt

Dream High

ohh. Keep the upvotes coming guys. I don't know why am I excited. lol. I wrote this while watching Resident Evil movie. Almost adding up zombie in this. Haha. Okay lets talk. My favourite movie of all time would be Saving Private Ryan. What's yours?

 

Yeri stood aside as she’s keeping her eyes on her forever rival; Jessica Jung. Today is the quarter final round of NAT competition between Sowon All Girls Institution and Seoul High. It was so unfortunate for the two school to meet at this stage considering Seoul High was a semifinalist for last year event. They were beaten by Incheon Academy; the last year champion that also beat Sowon All Girls Institution. Yeri made it her personal mission to drive her team for victory this season. It will reflect well on her college applications. Jessica seems to be talking with her teammates without even realizing Yeri standing near her.

 

“Okay, just be cool and do our best. Can I count on you?”

 

Jessica glanced towards Minah as she received a slight nod from the newcomer. She look rather nervous and it’s kind of bothering Jessica.

 

“Minah, I need you to stay focus. You’ll do just fine. Remember your first appearance with JungKyu before? You did so well. Do it like you did at that time. If you can’t answer, I’ll be there assisting you.”

 

Jessica squeezed Minah’s shoulder assuring her that she’ll be there every step of the way. Tiffany and the rest smiling at the newcomer hoping it will lessen her nervousness and help her regain her focus. Jiyoung playfully slap Minah’s back.

 

“You’re going in with Jessica. You’ll do great. Loosen up. How about we eat some ice cream before the competition start?”

 

JungKyu pumped her fist as she agreed with Jiyoung suggestion. Tiffany cuts in.

 

“You guys go ahead. I already took my breakfast.”

 

“How about you Jess?” JungKyu asked her leader. Jessica shook her head as telling them they can go without her. Her other teammates walked away leaving them as Jessica glanced towards Tiffany with a teasing smile that her bestfriend hates so much.

 

“Why are you smiling? It’s creepy Jess.”

 

“Breakfast? What did you ate? Taeyeon?”

 

Tiffany pretend to be innocent not going to give anything away.

 

“I ate a very delicious pie, thank you.”

 

Jessica chuckled as Tiffany face turn slightly red probably remembering something erted about pie which she doesn’t want to know the details. Jessica held out her palm facing Tiffany.

 

“I can never imagining you and that short football player. It’s corrupting my mind.”

 

Tiffany was about to say something when Yeri come out of her hiding and stood in front of the two as her arms folded and eyes glaring at them. Jessica silently sigh.

 

“Look who we have here. Jessica. Tiffany.”

 

Tiffany remained on her standing posture. Running into Yeri in any NAT competitions always bring trouble. Last year Jessica almost got a one match ban after her encounter with Yeri. They weren’t even battling against each other teams but Yeri got the best out of Jessica temper and it escalated into an official’s interruption. Thankfully it got solved between two captains but Jessica was getting an earful scolding from their seniors.

 

“What do you want Yeri?”

 

“What with that tone Tiffany?”

 

“You’re not welcome here.”

 

Yeri looked around and then back at Tiffany. Jessica remained silent.

 

“I don’t see any yellow tape label Yeri unwanted here. Right Jessica?”

 

“Go away Yeri.” Tiffany cuts in gaining a smirking from the other girl.

 

“You’re now Jessica’s spokesperson? She can’t talk anymore? Huh Jess?”

 

“Shut up Yeri.”

 

“Ah the mute girl Jessica Jung is finally talking.”

 

Yeri is annoying and Jessica is not in the mood to talk with her. Neither Tiffany. Yeri is so full of herself that other school teams not so fond of her. But Yeri made it her personal motive to annoy the hell of Jessica everytime. It’s ing frustrating.

 

“What do you want Yeri?”

 

“Nothing. I’m just here to warn you that my team is going to win this year NAT’s.”

 

“And you’re telling me this because?”

 

“So that you can prepare yourself for a defeat and don’t cry like a baby later on.”

 

They couldn’t believe it. Yeri is crazy about anything that it amuse Jessica and she knows it did with Tiffany too.

 

“You know what, go to hell Yeri.”

 

Yeri wasn’t going to back off and neither does Jessica. Tiffany placed her hand on top of her friend shoulder earning the latter attention. She shook her head telling her not to do it. Tiffany cleared .

 

“You want to beat our down? Do it in the game then I’ll happily admit defeat. Lets go Jess.”

 

Jessica let herself cool down as she tried following Tiffany but stopped as Yeri cut in front of her stopping her from moving forward. Yeri came closer as now she stood so near to Jessica that she can feel her breath on her face.

 

“Cocky aren’t we Jess?”

 

She’s taunting her and Jessica knows it. Despite her cool demeanor, she do have a temper going on especially when one try to bring down her ego and pride. She’ll never tolerates with that.

 

“Step aside Yeri.”

 

Yeri had that crooked smile on her face. Jessica is so easy to play around especially when it involving her pride. Jessica is so angry right now that even Tiffany can sense it from where she stood. Things are going to be ugly. Jessica wanted so badly to push Yeri away right now but someone coming from her behind hugging her waist almost startling her, but she recognize that scent. It’s Yuri. Yeri watched in grimaced as Yuri kissed Jessica’s cheek from behind with that annoying smile on her face. Yuri pretends she didn’t see Yeri and innocently being sweet to Jessica.

 

“What the ?” Yeri hissed unhappy with her fail effort making Jessica getting angry. Yuri glanced towards Yeri.

 

“Is there anything wrong baby?”

 

Tiffany chuckled as Yuri seems to be ignoring the fact that Yeri and Jessica are ready to kill each other. Yeri is practically glaring at Yuri right now.

 

“Ah I know you. You’re from Seoul High right? Yeah I do remember you especially when you got your kick last year semis.”

 

Jessica let Yuri hugging her from behind as she saw Yeri face twitch not really happy to hear what Yuri just said. She’s enjoying this and Yuri did a good job making fun of Yeri. Yeri huffed unhappy and stomped her feet in anger. She pointed towards Jessica, eyes blazing in red.

 

“You thought you’re dating a celebrity makes you look good? you Jessica!”

 

Yuri untangled her arms around Jessica and moved to her side as she wrapped her arms around Jessica waist once again so that this time she standing in front of Yeri.

 

“ yourself before I report this to the officials and let them handle you.” Yuri took out her smartphone and played the video where she recorded Yeri taunting on Jessica earlier. Tiffany is already silently giving Yuri a thumbs up. Yeri looked at Tiffany then at Yuri before finally settling on Jessica.

 

“This is not the end Jessica!”

 

Yeri stomped away slightly bumping on Tiffany who gave a hard shove on her shoulder. Yuri smile as Tiffany celebrating this unofficial wins. Tiffany smacked Yuri’s on her arm.

 

“Nice timing Kwon!”

 

Yuri scratch her head in a shy manner.

 

“Thanks Fany.”

 

Tiffany eyes caught on Taeyeon standing not too far from them and waving like crazy. She’s smiling so much right now.

 

“I’ll see you when the competition start. But I need to go to Taeyeon before she break her arms waving like that.”

 

Jessica rolled her eyes as she playfully shooed Tiffany away. Tiffany quickly get off not wanting for Taeyeon to wait. Yuri adjusting her hold as she turn Jessica around facing her still arms wrapping around her waist. Jessica smile as she let her hands around Yuri’s neck.

 

“I like it when you try playing hero.”

 

“I look good right coming in saving my girl from a ?”

 

Jessica pulled Yuri towards her as their lips lingering almost against each other. It’s y and its bothering Yuri as she remembered the strip night Jessica did with her. It was hot and it engraved in her mind.

 

“You do look good.”

 

“I know you like it.”

 

Jessica captured Yuri’s lips and kissed her. Her lips felt so warm against her. Yuri smile into the kiss as she knew they are attracting other people attention as the hall is fill with people from their school and other schools.

 

“Everyone is looking at us Sica.” Yuri mumbled into the kiss while Jessica doesn’t seems to be stopping at all. Not that Yuri is complaining but she just want to make sure Jessica knew the circumstances they are in. But as Jessica deepen their kiss, Yuri just shut up and accept it with the same intense.

 

“Okay. You both can stop kissing each other.”

 

Jessica pulled back as Yuri groaned not happy with people blocking her. Jessica her lips as Yuri glaring at Sooyoung who came and interrupting them.

 

“Seriously Soo?”

 

“What? FYI, everyone is looking at you both. Control your hormones.”

 

Jessica looked rather shy and Yuri noticed it. She placed her arm around Jessica shoulder brining her closer. Sooyoung rolled her eyes.

 

“We should get going Yul. The competition about to start.”

 

As in cue, an announcement was made asking all contestant to get ready in 5 minutes. Yuri shooed Sooyoung away as she kissed Jessica on her lips once again and then her forehead.

 

“Do your best Sica. I’ll rooting for you.”

 

Jessica grin as she pinched Yuri on her cheek.

 

“You better be Kwon.”

 

“Goodluck smart .”

 

“I’ll be needing that.”

 

Yuri let her go as she joined Sooyoung as they walked away going to the spectators seat. Jessica just watch as Yuri leaving her there but her eyes caught on someone on the VIP seat. She gritted her teeth as the guy was looking straight at her before leaving his seat exiting the hall.

 

“This is not good.”

 

…..

 

Yeri is keeping her pace with Jessica as they downed on every question perfectly. It was intense and even Jessica felt her heart beating rapidly. Yeri is not joking when she said she wanted to beat the crap out of her.

 

“Question number 25. Named one disease of Mercury poisoning. Sowon All Girls Institution?”

 

Minah didn’t remember reading this one but Jessica did and she felt good about it.

 

“Minamata Disease.”

 

“Seoul High. When did this outbreak disease first discovered?”

 

Yeri bite her nails as she’s running through her set of memories trying to remember if she ever read this. It was a long time ago when it was discovered but she couldn’t remember which exact date. Jessica glanced towards tiffany on the side line and saw the other girl nodding at her. Yeri didn’t know about this. But being Yeri, she just have to give it a good guess.

 

“1955 in Japan.”

 

Jessica smirks as she leans back. It’s silence engulfing every corner of the hall waiting for the verdict. Wrong answer then it will be Sowon All Girls Institution into Semis. Judges look at each other before one of them announced the winner.

 

“It’s 1956 in Japan. I’m sorry Seoul High but Sowon All Girls Institution is going to the semi final. Congratulations Sowon.”

 

Minah next to Jessica finally started breathing again as she was holding it back waiting for the result. Jessica saw Tiffany smiling at her and she did the same. Jessica and Minah stood up and bow towards the judges who bow back. Seoul High look devastated especially Yeri. Crowds were cheering for the winner and Jessica can see Yuri and Taeyeon jumping like a kid celebrating the winning. It felt good winning like this. Tiffany and the rest of her members came towards Jessica and Minah as they congratulate each other and hugging. Seoul High didn’t even bother to come over. They choose to be the bitter loser.

 

“Semis, here we come!” Tiffany screamed as she pulled Jessica and jumping with her. Well of them are jumping in happiness to be honest. It’s great to be in the winning team.

 

…..

 

Yeri kicked an innocent rock as she couldn’t believe that Jessica had won against her. It hurts her pride.

 

“ her!”

 

“You look devastated.”

 

Yeri turn around as she saw a guy probably in his 40’s standing there looking at her.

 

“Go away. I’m not in the mood.”

 

“I can see. Your name is Yeri right?”

 

“Why do you care?”

 

The guy smirks as he takes out his name card and hand it over to Yeri.

 

“I don’t care but it seems we have the same enemy.”

 

Yeri look surprise. She takes the name card and read the name on it.

 

“Kwon SangWoo?”

 

“I am and I think we can help each other.”

 

…..

 

Jessica mind still on the sight of a guy that she recognize so much. Thankfully Yuri didn’t saw him although she was hoping her girlfriend noticed it. But being Yuri, she can be oblivious all the time. Yuri drink her juice as she sense Jessica zooning out. She never do that when they are together. Yuri playfully pinch Jessica nose earning the other girl attention back at her.

 

“Yuri…” She’s whining as she slaps Yuri hand away. Yuri smile.

 

“Your head seems not to be here with me.”

 

“I was just thinking.”

 

“About what?”

 

That’s the issue. What she should tell Yuri? Everything is still blurry and more of her guessing. It’s not even concrete enough. She shook off that thought.

 

“Nothing. Yul?”

 

“Hrmm?”

 

Yuri grab a piece of cookie and munch on it while waiting for Jessica to continue.

 

“Do you trust me?”

 

“Baby, what with that question? Of course I believe in you.”

 

“I’m just asking. Who knows if you see another smart then you’re going to ditch me.”

 

Yuri almost choking on her cookie and quickly drink her juice. She cough a little as Jessica rubbed her back.

 

“It doesn’t matter. I only like one smart and it’s you.”

 

Jessica remained silence but Yuri had enough with silence coming from her. She turn around facing Jessica and cupping her face as they look at each other.

 

“I don’t like seeing my girlfriend look out of place like this. Whatever doubt you have in your mind, get rid of it. I’m going nowhere as long as you want me. I’ll be with you as long as you need me.”

 

Jessica place her right palm on Yuri’s left chest. Thankfully the two of them occupied a more private table away from wandering eyes.

 

“It’s beating hard. You feel it right? It’s beating for you.”

 

“Yuri, I love you. No matter what, I’ll always be in love with you.”

 

“I know and ditto.”

 

Yuri claimed Jessica’s lips as she poured every single feelings into that kiss so that she can erase that doubt in Jessica’s heart. Whatever going on in Jessica’s mind, she’s going to investigate about it. But for now, this is the right thing to do. Comforting her one and only girlfriend.