Her Dream?

Dream High

Yuri groaned when she felt sunrays hitting her eyes. She never remember having her bed so near to the window. Did her mom change her bed position? How come she never remembered it? She opened her eyes and the sight of semi Tiffany staring back at her with that y curve body of hers confirms her suspicion that this is not her room.

 

“What the..” She scrutinized her eyes and sighed in relief knowing that it just a poster of Tiffany glued on the ceiling.

 

“Kim Taeyeon the ert. What does Tiffany see in you?”

 

“I’m surprise too.”

 

“Who doesn’t?”

 

Silence engulfed her until she realized that voice surely wasn’t belong to Taeyeon or Sooyoung. She turned around and eyes widen when she saw Jessica sitting on Taeyeon’s study chair with her last night white blouse and underwear. Yuri gulped and her eyes slowly wandering down to the pair of bright red . She hadn’t realized that Jessica caught her act and cleared attempting to get Yuri’s attention back.

 

“Eyes here Kwon.”

 

“Huh?” Yuri pretends to look away and took a glanced at herself. Jessica’s in her white blouse and only a . Did she got drunk too last night that she had one hell of a hot but can’t recall her memory over it. Jessica chuckled and sips her drinks while watching in interest over Yuri’s behaviour.

 

“Don’t worry swimming genius, we definitely didn’t each other last night.”

 

That gave her slight relief but at the same time a little disappointed. At least she got to brag at Taeyeon if they really did the deed.

 

“How would you know? You were pretty drunk last night and basically couldn’t even remember if I did pop your cherry.” Please said yes Jessica. Jessica grin and put down her cup.

 

“Which you didn’t. I have periods going on. I bet Taeyeon’s bed will have the evidence of my ‘existence’.”

 

“That is just pure gross Jung.”

 

“Hey, you asked and I answered.”

 

“Fine.” Yuri pushed herself up and glanced up and shivered knowing that Taeyeon woke up with a semi Tiffany looking back at her. It’s kind of freaky. Jessica stood up and handed Yuri another glass of seems to be a hot coffee for her.

 

“I hope Taeyeon doesn’t mind I took the liberty of looking around for some coffee packets and foods.”

 

Yuri stretched her arms and gladly accepted the cup from Jessica.

 

“She wouldn’t even notice. Take all you can but keep Tiffany’s poster here. She might threw a tantrum if you took it down.”

 

Jessica glanced up and smirked which gaining Yuri’s attention.

 

“Don’t do it. She’s a hell of a kid when she threw a tantrum and I don’t want to babysit her.”

 

Jessica laughed and Yuri followed laughing over her own joke. Yuri then remembered what Jessica said to her last night.

 

“Oh and just to inform you that I don’t steal your bra.”

 

“My bra?”

 

Jessica were looking at her confused as why Yuri suddenly talking about this. Yuri grinned and it tugged Jessica curiosity even more.

 

“You seriously doesn’t remember?”

 

“Remember what?”

 

“God you forgot? You accuse me of stealing your bra in front of people and slapped me hard on my cheek. See this? You did it.”

 

Yuri pointed at her cheek where Jessica can still see a handprint on it. Now she felt sorry for Yuri.

 

“I’m so sorry. I kind of trash when I’m totally drunk. I have no idea what I do or say. Sorry again.”

 

“It hurts.”

 

“What do you want me to do Kwon?”

 

“One kiss?”

 

Jessica can’t believe it.

 

“You’re trading that with my precious lips? No thanks.”

 

“At least I tried.”

 

Jessica shook her head and finishing her drinks. She then stood up and grabbed her jeans. She wore it and looked around for her jacket. Yuri raised an eyebrow.

 

“Have you seen my jacket?”

 

“Ah that. You threw it last night before you passed out. Oh and you don’t have the other pair of your boots too. It’s at Min’s pool.”

 

“. I was totally embarrassing myself didn’t I?”

 

Yuri glanced from her cup and grinned.

 

“You have no idea.”

 

“That to know.”

 

Yuri just laughed when Jessica stood in front of a mirror and straightening her hair. Her eyes then travel to the alarm clock on Taeyeon’s bedpost. It reads 9.00 AM. Her eyes widen.

 

“Oh !”

 

Yuri scrambled for her shoes and luckily she still wearing her last night clothes. Jessica eyed the tan girl.

 

“Why are you in a rush? It’s Saturday.”

 

Yuri almost trip over some of Taeyeon’s toys on the floor. Thankfully her body balance is far greater. She quickly wore her shoes and button her shirt.

 

“I have a swimming training today at 8.30 AM. I’m late and my mom is going to be so mad at me.”

 

“Don’t you even rest Kwon?”

 

Yuri stopped on her trance and looked back at Jessica. How she wish that was true. But it wasn’t and she’s not going to lie to herself.

 

“I can’t take a rest. I’m not program to rest.”

 

“You’re not a robot.”

 

“It feels like it. I have to go. Nice knowing you Jessica.”

 

Jessica watched as Yuri run towards the door and left Taeyeon’s room in a hurry. She followed suit but Yuri was running along the hallway and disappeared around the corner. Jessica heard rumours regarding Yuri’s intensive training but she never believe it because no one should be forced to that extent. But as she was watching Yuri pale face upon knowing she’s late, now she knew the rumours were true. Her family is pushing her for the sake of her future.

 

…..

 

“You’re late Yuri.”

 

Yuri keep her head down while her mother, Hyori had her arms folded and eyes narrowing at her. It felt like she just made a bad mistake coming to training late today.

 

“Mom, I’m sorry. I slept late last night.”

 

“Late last night?”

 

Yuri didn’t said anything but keeping her eyes on the floor. She knew her coach is next to her mother feeling sorry for her. Thankfully her father isn’t here or things would have been worst for her. Her future was set and they wanted her to follow the path that they fail on continuing.

 

“Yuri look up. Look at me.”

 

Yuri didn’t dare arguing so slowly she raised her head and saw her mother piercing glare directed towards her.

 

“You attend a party last night didn’t you?”

 

“I…I d-didn’t…”

 

“Don’t lie to me Kwon Yuri or should I call your father and let him know what you did?”

 

She shook her head. It won’t be good for her if her father was inform about this. She slowly nodding her head. Hyori wasn’t happy about it.

 

“You realize that I forbid you going to such parties because I care about your health and your body condition right? This is a distraction Yul and you don’t need such thing. In a few years, you’re going to look back and regret for not listening to me.”

 

She felt her eyes pooling with tears. Haven’t she done enough to show her parents that she’s improving all the time? Look at her records. She’s beating all the seniors’ swimmer in national competitions. Her time lapsed keep cutting down. She’s setting South Korean new butterfly record. Why can’t her parents see that?

 

“Mom.. I just want to know how it felt having fun for once.”

 

“You don’t understand do you? Yuri, you are destiny to be a great athlete. This is not the time to be playing around. Years from now, you’re going to look back and be proud of what you’ve achieved. You can have fun later. But for that to happen, you have to focus now. Do I make myself clear?”

 

So her wellbeing means nothing at all? Yuri clinched her fist and she can feel her nail digging into her skin. She looked back down on the floor.

 

“I’m sorry mom. It won’t happen again.”

 

“Make sure of it. Go get prepared. We’re timing your entry and turn around. Coach Lim?”

 

“Yes Ms Jung?”

 

“You can start the training.”

 

“Definitely.”

 

….

 

Yuri dived into the water and started her first lap. She swings her arm forward and make sure her arms are straight when it hit the water. Thanks to her yoga class, her arms are flexible enough for sustain stress from pushing it forward. She kept her eyes to her front even when she dived back into the pool and submerged. The process repeating until she reach the next wall for turnaround. She kick hard and turn before giving her body a harder forward push. She keep on going and set her eyes on the finishing line. She have 6 more laps to go since she’s completing a 200m short course. Hyori watched from the other side and noticed Yuri look slightly tired. She bit her lips but remain calm. This is why she didn’t want her to go anywhere after school. Yuri finally finishing her final laps and her coach stopped the time when her palm reach the board.

 

“2.09!”

 

Yuri cursed under her breath. She’s slower than yesterday by 0.01. Her mother won’t be please. Yuri looked up at her coach.

 

“One more round coach.”

 

“Are you sure?”

 

“Yes.” She have to improve her timing. There’s no way she’s going to let her mother leaving like that. She started again and keep going from one wall to the other and when her palm finally landing on the board, she looked up anticipating Coach Lim announcement.

 

“2.07! Good job Yul!”

 

Yuri lips tugged into a smile and she took off her goggles. She saw Hyori walking towards her. But what she said next left a big cut in her heart.

 

“If this is an official game, you would have lost the first heat. This laps means nothing. Get back to training.”

 

Hyori gave a slight nodding towards Coach Lim and walked away leaving Yuri biting her bottom lips suppressing the tears that is threatening to fall. Coach Lim knelt down in front of Yuri and placed his hand on top of her head.

 

“I’m proud of having a swimmer like you under my belt. You’re amazing Yuri. Your mom was just not use to it.”

 

He gently patted her head and stood up.

 

“Let’s take a 5 minute break.”

 

……

 

Jessica stretched her arms behind her back hoping to ease the cramp she’s developing while writing for hours. She’s studying and at the same time finishing her homework’s. She had enough of playing around last night and it’s time to get back to her book. Plus there’s going to be a National Academic Tournament and this year she was appointed as leader. Last year they lost to the Seoul Technical Institution in the finals but she’s determine on winning it this year and that would be the best gift for her senior year.

 

“Jessica?”

 

Jessica turned around and saw her mother standing near the door.

 

“Yeah mom?”

 

“Can you help me buy some groceries? Krystal should be doing this but she is still in school. Your father ditched it and I’m going to punish him later.”

 

Jessica chuckled and closed her book. She stood up and took the money that her mother handed over along with a list of things that she should be buying.

 

“I’m going to make Krystal suffers for not doing this.”

 

“Let your sister be. She’s enjoying teen life.”

 

“Mom, I’m a teenager myself.”

 

So Min just smile at her oldest daughter and pushed her outside the room.

 

“Take your time honey. Bye bye!”

 

……

 

Jessica took her time waking along the road while eyes wandering around. She had been staying in Seoul since she was born so she’s familiar with the area. Plus she likes it when she can just stare across the Han River admiring the nice view. Thankfully today the sun’s was up and brighten making it a better.

 

“Mom said I should take my time.”

 

She skipped across the road and ended up at the side railing with some sloping ground in front of her. It wasn’t that dangerous so she slide down and ended up below. She took a deep breath and exhale while extending her arms both side.

 

“It smell nice.”

 

Jessica turned to her right and her eyes caught on a girl sitting down hugging her kneel while staring far into the view. She narrowed her eyes hoping she can identified the girl and lucky her it’s Yuri. She grin remembering her conversation with Yuri yesterday before the girl rush for training. Yuri is quite interesting to get to know. She slowly tip toed towards her and when she’s finally standing behind her, she purposely bumped her knees behind Yuri’s back. The tan girl looked up and saw Jessica smiling at her. She smile back but not the same smile she had the first time they had a conversation. Jessica frowned and sat down next to Yuri.

 

“I love the view here. I always come here when I’m stress about something.”

 

She glanced towards Yuri and saw the tan girl still keeping her eyes far to the distance.

 

“You know, when I said you’re not a robot I didn’t mean it that way. I thought everyone deserve to get some rest from time to time.”

 

Yuri head slowly turning towards Jessica. Jessica noticed it and keep on talking.

 

“That includes you.”

 

“But my parents don’t think so.”

 

Jessica saw Yuri’s eyes fill with sadness that it seems to be hurting the girl.

 

“They just want the best for you.”

 

“I know.”

 

Yuri glanced back to the view in front of her.

 

“And it’s suffocating.”

 

Her tone sounded sad and it tugged Jessica’s heart. The Yuri that she sometimes saw in school was all bright and happy. Looking at a sad Yuri like this was something different.

 

“Hey, want to go somewhere with me?”

 

Yuri faced her again.

 

“Where?”

 

Jessica stood up and held her hand out for Yuri to grab.

 

“Just trust me, okay?”

 

Yuri looked at Jessica hand and then back at her face. They barely knew each other and it seems that Jessica keep on walking into her life. She flash her small smile and took her hand.

 

“I trust you.”

 

……

 

Jessica tossed Yuri a basketball. Yuri caught it and she had a confused look all over her face.

 

“So you’re way of getting some fun is this?”

 

Jessica chuckled and tied her hair back and Yuri gulped watching as Jessica body leaned forward when she’s tiding her hair. Once finish, Jessica motioning her finger at Yuri.

 

“Let’s play a game. Whoever scores 3 times first will be the winner.”

 

Yuri grinned and twirling the ball on her pointing finger.

 

“You do realize my bestfriend is a basketball player right? I do learn tricks and trade from her.”

 

Jessica bite her bottom lips ily hoping to distract Yuri. It did since Yuri keep her eyes on the shorter girl lips.

 

“I might be in the nerd group but I play well in sports.”

 

“Let see if you’re telling the truth or not.”

 

Yuri took a step behind the 3 pointer line and released her shot. It rattles the ring and gone inside. Yuri held one finger towards Jessica.

 

“That’s one for me.”

 

Jessica lisp tugged into an evil grin.

 

“Cheater.”

 

“You didn’t state the rules Jung.”

 

Jessica picked up the ball and Yuri stood in front of her between her and the post.

 

“Then you wouldn’t mind if I do this right?”

 

“Huh?”

 

Jessica stomped on Yuri’s foot. Yuri groaned in pain and stumbled. Jessica took her chance and go around her for an easy lay ups. She gave Yuri a thumbs down.

 

“It’s one all.”

 

Jessica manage to swipe the smile on Yuri’s face. She rubbed her sore foot and grabbed the ball. Jessica quickly on defence mode. Yuri tried dribbling around her but Jessica was persistent. Yuri faked to her right and managed on tricking Jessica. She let go of her ball and it goes in. Yuri pumps up her arm and sticking her tongue out at Jessica. Yuri then grab the ball and tossed it at Jessica who seems to look rather calm despite losing another point. Jessica held the ball in her arms and stood in front of Yuri. Yuri is taller than her so facing each other, she’s towering the other girl. Jessica narrowed her eyes as if she’s looking behind Yuri.

 

“What’s wrong?”

 

“What is that?”

 

It was the oldest trick in the book and Yuri fall for it. Jessica shoot her ball and she scored her second point tying with Yuri’s score. Yuri hissed not happy getting trick by Jessica. She hated losing and she stomped towards the rolling ball and picked it up. She get into her position while it is Jessica who have to defend against her. Yuri dribbling the ball in front of Jessica.

 

“I’m going to win this Jung.”

 

“Really?”

 

“Really.”

 

“You know, I already foreseen how it ends.”

 

Yuri raised an eyebrow but keeping her guards up knowing how slick Jessica can be.

 

“You’re seeing yourself losing?”

 

“Nope. It’s you.”

 

Jessica lunged forward and kissed Yuri on the lips. Yuri eyes widen when she felt Jessica’s warm lips touching hers. Yuri froze on spot and Jessica quickly grabbed the ball and shoot for one last time. It rattles around the rim before finally in giving the final point towards Jessica. Jessica jumped in happiness.

 

“Yeah I won!”

 

Yuri woke up from her sudden freeze and she was too late. Jessica won the game. She pouted.

 

“You cheated. No fair!”

 

“No I didn’t. We didn’t set a rule.”

 

Jessica walked towards Yuri and leaned forward. Yuri felt her face heating up.

 

“Now we’re even. A kiss for a slap.”

 

Oh it’s getting hard to breath and way too hot.