Suspicious

Dream High

“On line 6, a newcomer. She’s the youngest competitor for today. But don’t let her status fool you. She finished the 2nd Semis with an impressive 2.10.01. 0.2 seconds slower than Shin Min.”

 

It was a live event broadcast all over South Korea and an appearance of a 13 years old girl in the under 18 women’s butterfly event was quite a surprise. She became a laughing stock in the preliminary round but when the event started, everyone was left in awe. The 13 years old girl named Kwon Yuri stole the limelight of the event. A surprise package from a young girl. She finished off big. Now she became the talk of the final event.

 

“Can she outshine the 3 times champion, Shin Min?”

 

“This will be Shin Min last appearances and I’ll guarantee you Minho that this final heat would be a great duel between a fresh face and 3 times winner.”

 

“I can’t wait for the showdown.”

 

“Who would you pick Siwon?”

 

“This is hard but my prediction it is going to be a slight win for Shin Min.”

 

Minho chuckled not really agreeing with Siwon.

 

“I’m going to go with Kwon Yuri. This is a rare talent Siwon and if she can win here today, it will help lifted up her confidence. Imagine the effect it had on a 13 years old girl. She would be our hope one day in Olympics.”

 

Siwon nodded agreeing with Minho. He looked at the program producer and saw him making a circle using his finger indicating the live event is about to start.

 

“The event is about to start. We’re bringing you live broadcast from Munhak Aquatics Center; 200m Butterfly Women Event.”

 

…..

 

Yuri hadn’t had much idea for how long she had closed her eyes and stayed under the water. She only knew how comfortable it is being here rather than facing the crowds. She’s more relax letting the water engulfed her body. It was a world that she felt safe. A world where no one can understand why. Maybe because she was so used of being surrounded by water that her body developing a sense of security that water is a friend of hers. A good one. She slowly fluttering her eyes open and dived up not because of her lungs desperate for air but because she can hear a voice. A voice that can reach her even in the water. Yuri took off her googles and saw Jessica sitting on the edge of the pool with her legs dangling and lips smiling at her.

 

“Hey swimming genius.”

 

Yuri grinned and swim towards Jessica. She placed both her palm onto the pool walls trapping Jessica in the middle. Jessica leaned forward and cupped Yuri’s wet face.

 

“I see my girlfriend is working hard again.”

 

Yuri pecked her girlfriend lips.

 

“I have a competition next Wednesday. You’ll be there right?”

 

Jessica raised an eyebrow while her hands trailing down her neck and resting on the tan girl’s shoulder.

 

“You’ll win even when I’m not there.”

 

“But it felt even more satisfying to celebrate with you.”

 

Jessica playfully bite her bottom lips in a very seductive way and Yuri can feel her body heating up by just watching this girl teasing her. Despite already became her girlfriend, Jessica hadn’t tone down the teasing at all. She’s putting her teasing to a new stage; it will be Kwon Yuri’s death in pleasure.

 

“Let’s play a game Yuri.”

 

“You know this time I’m not going to accept any silly prize. If we want to play then we have to up the prize.”

 

Jessica eyes travel down to Yuri’s lips and she her bottom lips sending a lustful shivers down Yuri’s spine. This teasing is getting out of hand.

 

“Okay then you’ll decided what the prize will be and I’ll decide what games we should play. Deal?”

 

Yuri grinned.

 

“Seal it with a kiss Sica.”

 

Jessica giggled and playfully pinched Yuri’s cheek earning a groaned from the latter. Yuri pouted.

 

“I’m dead serious baby. We know how you like to cheat. So I’m not going to take any chances. Plus I’m craving of your lips already. Please?”

 

“Did my sweet talker girlfriend learn to talk like this from Google again?”

 

Yuri blushed remembering how stupid she was a week ago. She can’t believe it herself but she did but lucky her she came back to her senses and trusted her instinct. Hiding their relationship from her parents were proven hard after that. Thankfully with Tiffany helps, students agreed not to repost any video or even talk about the confession publicly. The perks of having a friend’s girlfriend the students’ president. As to the NAC officials, Yuri is sure that none of them are friends to her family. For now, they just have to be careful.

 

“I am sweet and very romantic. Now for my reward and to seal the deal.”

 

Yuri pulled Jessica and crashed her lips on her. She placed her right hand behind her nape deepening the kiss tasting her lips. It was sweet and she like the way Jessica tasted each time; strawberry. She’s addicted to Jessica’s lips and she hadn’t been subtle about it. A week of dating and she had lost count on how many times they had shared a lustily kiss that somehow didn’t lead to a mind blowing , YET. She had no idea how they managed to pull away just before things got heated up. Yuri placed her left palm on Jessica’s thigh caressing it. Jessica silently moaned back and Yuri run her tongue inside . She let her tongue battle hers. Yuri can’t control it anymore. She wanted her and this is not good. So she did what they both had been doing for a week now, stopping before it’s too late. Yuri pulled away while Jessica regained her breathing with her body leaned backwards rather from her first position leaning towards Yuri. Her chest rising up and down and it made Yuri grinning knowing the effect she had on Jessica.

 

“Am I sweet Sica?”

 

“You wish..” Jessica breathlessly whispered still trying to calm herself down. Yuri seems to be coping well. She’s a swimmer and her lunch capacity is so good that Jessica never saw Yuri being breathless after each kiss. Yuri chuckled and unwrapped her arms. She pushed herself up the ledge and sat next to Jessica watching as her nerdy girlfriend became breathless all the time after an intense kissing.

 

“God, I-I really envy your lungs right n-now.”

 

“Hrmm..”

 

Jessica sense something is wrong from the way Yuri responding to her. She shook her head while Yuri trapped her between her hands once again.

 

“Don’t do it Kwon.”

 

“I’m doing what?”

 

Jessica watched as Yuri eyebrows wiggling the way she hated it; this is girl is a prankster. Yuri grabbed Jessica waist and pulled her into the pool with her. Jessica screamed so loud that if anybody were passing by then they would have heard it. Jessica dived up attempting to breathe and wipe her face while Yuri was laughing so much.

 

“Really Yul? This is your revenge?”

 

Yuri finally calm down when Jessica crossed her arms and glaring at her. She made her way towards the sulking girl and hugged her helping to float both of them in the water.

 

“I’m sorry. I just can’t resist the temptation.”

 

Jessica sighed and wrapped her arms around Yuri’s neck.

 

“Since you pulled me into the pool and I’m wet, the game is on Kwon.”

 

“You still haven’t told me what game it is.”

 

“Your timing now is 2.06 right?”

 

“Yeah. So?”

 

“If you win the Seoul Open Championship and shorten your timing by another 0.1, I’ll do anything you want me to do.”

 

Yuri lips tugged into a childish grin. Jessica knew she’s going to regret this but she had her reason of doing so. She wanted to get to Yuri’s parents good side and it started by showing her parents that being in love didn’t slow Yuri down.

 

“Anything?”

 

Jessica leaned forward and whispered next to Yuri ear.

 

“Anything.”

 

…..

 

Tiffany, Jessica, JungKyu, Minah and Jiyoung were having discussion regarding 2nd round of NAC that will be held in two more weeks. Despite leading the team in the first round, they all agreed that Jessica should sit out of this round to surprise their opponent, DongWoon High. Their leader had started their psychology attack by announcing that the leader, Hyu-il is going to sit this one out. Jessica leaned back on her chair.

 

“Are you really sure you can take this round Jiyoung? You’re new to the team so being nervous is normal.”

 

Jiyoung nervously nodding. She’s a freshman and when Jessica announced an opening spot in the team on the start of the new term, she didn’t think too much and participate in the challenges and became the champion. Jessica gave her the final member slot. Tiffany suggested that she should gain experience through the second round by becoming JungKyu partner. Minah pat Jiyoung’s back.

 

“Don’t worry. JungKyu will be with you.”

 

Jiyoung looked at JungKyu and the tall girl gave her an assuring smile. Her eyes then darted towards Jessica who flashed her a small smile agreeing with Minah.

 

“I’ll d-do my best.”

 

“Good. Don’t get stress out okay? Just stay calm and you’ll do fine.”

 

It’s good to know that both Jessica and Tiffany had her back. She thought Jessica would be a fierce leader but JungKyu told her that she only does that when you started slacking off. If not, she’s a great leader to be honest. Jessica stood up from her seat and picked up her bag. She looked at everyone.

 

“So I see you all tomorrow?”

 

Everyone started organizing their stuffs while Jessica already leaving with Tiffany catching up with her. They walked side by side.

 

“You’re going to see Yuri?”

 

“No. She had training today. I don’t want to distract her.”

 

Tiffany eyed her friend and chuckling.

 

“What Hwang?”

 

“You guys have been kissing each other at every chances you get and not to mention all over the school. So it sounded weird when you’re going to let her training.”

 

Jessica looked at Tiffany and smacked the girl behind her back before continue walking. Tiffany groaned but catching up with Jessica once again.

 

“It’s true Jess.”

 

“Did I said not? I can’t be seen around her when she had officials training. Her mom would be there and we both know what will happen if she knew Yuri has a girlfriend.”

 

“You know I felt sorry for you. Is this why Yuri hadn’t yet taking you out for a date? She’s afraid that her parents might know?”

 

Jessica weakly nodded. She wanted to have a normal date with Yuri out of school but Yuri was so against it. She understood her girlfriend’s reasoning but it’s getting tiring especially when she goes out and saw couples having fun and she’s alone. Or Yuri would come with her but they kept the distance between them. It’s like she’s dating a celebrity. Wait, Yuri is a celebrity. Tiffany kind of understood although her experience with Taeyeon was nothing but normal. Yuri had fame when she was just coming to high school. Not to mention the pressure her parents putting her into. Now that her friend is dating Yuri, Tiffany can only give advice and supports.

 

“You knew what you’re getting in when you said yes to her sudden girlfriend proposal right?”

 

“I didn’t knew it was this worse but thankfully I’m too occupied with NAC and she’s occupied with her training. So we’re okay with it. Since when I like being normal anyway.”

 

Tiffany giggles. Yeah Jessica never like being normal. Normal is boring she said.

 

“Well you have me if you want to go hangouts. Since when having partners stop both of us from having fun together?”

 

…..

 

“One more lap Yul. Keep it up!”

 

Coach Lim shouted just loud enough for Yuri to hear. Yuri keep on swimming so determine to get to the finish. Her hand reach the wall and Coach Lim time her laps.

 

“2.05!”

 

Yuri pulled out her goggles and grinned back at Coach Lim when the older guy stood on the edge of the pool totally in awe with her abilities.

 

“You’ve got to be kidding me. Yul, you just break your own record again.”

 

“I’m doing well right?”

 

“Well? You’re doing superb!”

 

Yuri pushed herself up the edge and stood next to Coach Lim who handed her a white towel so that she can wiped herself. Yuri dried her hair while Coach Lim writing down on his note pad. He had been tracking down Yuri’s timing and her improvement is quite surprising. Yuri is a surprise package but this is unbelievable.

 

“So far so good Yul. I can’t even explain why your timing keep on getting better.”

 

Yuri wrapped the towel around her body. If only Coach Lim knew why. Maybe he doesn’t improve it but Yuri is determine to win the Seoul Open. A loud heels clicking startled Yuri. She looked up and saw Hyori walking towards her and Coach Lim. Hyori took the notepad from Coach Lim and analyse the charts. She then handed it back. She looked at her daughter who politely bowed at her as a sign of respect.

 

“You improved a lot without spending time doing useless thing Yuri. I’m always right and see how your body is doing well?”

 

“Yes mom.” Yuri didn’t argue and just agree with her. If only her mother knew about Jessica then she wouldn’t be able to say all these stuffs.

 

“I’ll see you at home then. Coach Lim, thank you for your help.”

 

“You’re welcome Mrs Kwon. I’m just doing whatever I can. It is all depends on Yuri.”

 

Hyori didn’t answered and walked away leaving Yuri and Coach Lim. Yuri sighed. Can’t her mother just once congratulate her? Whom is she kidding? They stopped doing it a long time ago.

 

…..

 

I have a hot for you swimming genius.

 

Yuri chuckled and replied.

 

Me too nerdy. What are you doing now?

 

She pressed sent and waited for Jessica to reply. It only took a few seconds and received a reply.

 

Entertaining you.

 

Ouch Sica. Am only a toy for you?

 

Yuri was being playful. Jessica teasing can be interpreted differently if you can’t catch the meaning behind it.

 

If you are my toy, you would be in my room right now and we’re doing things instead. Want to change from girlfriend to a toy?

 

Can’t I be a girlfriend and also your toy? I gain benefits from both title.

 

Screw you Yul.

 

Yuri laughed out loud when Jessica replied back. She was the one teasing her and now being like this?

 

Baby, are we done teasing each other?

 

Yup we’re done. Your teasing is way to adult for me.

 

Me? Sigh.

 

Whatever Yul. Are you ready for tomorrow?

 

Yuri lips tugged into a wide grin.

 

Of course I am. I’m winning that prize and you better be ready for anything Sica.

 

Cocky. Just the way I like it.

 

“Yuri.”

 

Yuri was about to replied back at Jessica when her father called upon her attention. She looked up and saw SangWoo already sitting down on one of the couch; eyes on her. Yuri typed a fast reply for Jessica.

 

Dad is here. I got to go.

 

She slide her phone back into her pyjama pocket.

 

“Yes dad?”

 

“I just want to inform you that your mother and I will be attending your tournament tomorrow so you will be riding with us.”

 

Yuri felt her world crushed upon her. She had promise Jessica to go to the event together. Now she can’t go there with her girlfriend.

 

“But dad, I always go alone even in the past. Why the sudden changes?”

 

“Are you disobeying me young girl?”

 

SangWoo eyes were on her and it intimidating Yuri. She gulped and lower her gaze.

 

“Of course dad. I’ll follow you and mom.”

 

“Good. 8 AM sharp. Have a good night sleep Yuri.”

 

“Goodnight dad.”

 

Yuri didn’t wait for him to leave instead she left the living room first heading to her bedroom. She got in and locked her door. She slumped down on her bed totally feeling dejected. Her phone ringing and Jessica name flashed on the screen.

 

“Right on time.” Yuri murmured and answered the call.

 

“Yul, you’re okay?”

 

Jessica always worried about Yuri when her father suddenly had a talk with her. That’s why she called and Yuri understand it.

 

“I’m fine. Dad want me to follow him tomorrow to the venue.”

 

“Oh.”

 

“Sica, I’m sorry. I know I promise we go together but I have no idea why he wanted to change the plan now.”

 

“Hey, it’s okay. I’ll ride with Tiffany and your friends. Don’t let this pull you down. I’ll still be there.”

 

Yuri felt guilty. This would be her first competition for this year and she wanted to bring Jessica riding her car with her to the venue.

 

“I really want to drive with you. We never had a proper date.”

 

“Proper dates are for normal people. We’re not normal Yul. You’re a freaking alien geniuses and I’m a nerdy girl. We’re not normal.”

 

Yuri chuckled and she heard Jessica laughing on the other side of the line.

 

“Thanks Sica.”

 

“But I’m still clinging on my bet okay? I’ll see you tomorrow. Good night.”

 

Yuri playfully kissed her phone.

 

“Sweet dreams Sica.”

 

……

 

“50m more! Kwon Yuri is leading the pack! The 17 years old hadn’t shown a sign to slow down. She’s giving her all for the final push. 25m!”

 

Everyone saw as Yuri left her competitors behind and heading to the final touch. The cheers from the crowd echoed inside the aquatic centre. Yuri giving her final pushed and touch the wall first.

 

“Kwon Yuri came first! 2.05! A new national record!”

 

Yuri took off her goggles and eyed on the big screen. It was true. 2.05. She cuts 0.1 seconds. She won the bet. Yuri punched the water in happiness. She looked up searching for that one person she’s dreaded to see and saw her sitting next to the rest of her friends. Yuri had that lopsided smile on her lips and raised her hand pointing at her. Jessica knew she would have lost the bet but it was worth it. She winked at Yuri and the tan girl celebrated her victory. It was worth the efforts.

 

…..

 

SangWoo and Hyori were seated on the VIP section. When Yuri timing was officially out, the people around them congratulated the two. Everyone were anticipating to see Yuri today and it proved how vitals Yuri presence here.

 

“That was a great heat Mr Kwon.”

 

“Thank you coach.”

 

“I can’t wait to have her in the squad. Congratulations again.”

 

“I can’t wait either.”

 

Hyori keep on entertaining the rest of the swimming association members but SangWoo had his eyes on Yuri. He narrowed his eyes when Yuri seems to be focusing on something or someone. She followed her daughter gaze and ended up on a group of people. He can’t determine which of the girls that her daughter is having a silent conversation but shook it off when he saw Taeyeon. Maybe Yuri was talking to Taeyeon. It’s normal. He calm himself down and started replying back to the other people who congratulated them once again.

 

‘False alarm.’