This Is It.

Dream High

“It’s weird.”

 

Taeyeon nudged Sooyoung on the shoulder asking her taller girl to stay focus on Yuri instead of paying attention towards her phone. Sooyoung look up from her phone and raised an eyebrow looking at how Yuri look rather disturbing.

 

“What’s weird again?”

 

Yuri press her lips together not knowing what to say and glance at Taeyeon hoping her other friend can help her explain again this time for Sooyoung to understand. Taeyeon slap Sooyoung on the back of her head.

 

“Next time, pay attention you idiot.”

 

“What? I’m on phone with Kahi. I can’t let this opportunity go.” Sooyoung said as she wiggling her eyebrows in a very erted way.

 

“Eih you erted .” Taeyeon claimed in accusing ways.

 

“Fine.” Sooyoung put away her phone and decided that she should be a good friend instead.

 

“Now tell me once again what is so weird?”

 

Yuri had been thinking over this for a few nights to be honest. Everything seems to be different with her parents. She had discussed it with Taeyeon before but just like her, Taeyeon also found it a little peculiar. Maybe Sooyoung has a different idea instead? Hopefully. Yuri put away her food.

 

“My parents are weird. They hadn’t come to any of my practice anymore, dad is not strict with me anymore, my curfew change from 6 to 11 and they hadn’t even notice that I’m not around the house anymore. Something is not right.”

 

Sooyoung huffed in disbelieve. She reach forward and flick Yuri on the forehead. Yuri groan while rubbing the spot where her friend just attacked her.

 

“Why are you complaining? It’s good right that they finally letting you have that bit of freedom? I wouldn’t even complaining if I were you.”

 

Taeyeon shook her head.

 

“Of all sudden? People don’t change in a nick of time. Changes required a long time of period. You’re not making any sense Soo.”

 

“Hrmm..” Sooyoung rubbed her chin while Taeyeon folded her arms it anticipation. Yuri on the other hand let her head rest on her arms on the table.

 

“Aish just let it be. Maybe your parents is finally going to let you enjoy your last year of high school. Don’t let it get into your head.”

 

“Sooyoung is right Yul. You need to stay focus for Kazan, remember? Unless your parents raise this question to you, I don’t think we can have an accurate answer to this weird problem of yours.”

 

Taeyeon conclusion did bring a little ease in Yuri. At least her friends thinking the same way she did. She shouldn’t be worrying over this but rather focus for Kazan instead. Kazan is only a month away. People are expecting her to do well. She has too for her own self.

 

“Yeah maybe you guys are right. Thanks. By the way, don’t tell Tiffany and Jessica about our discussion today okay?”

 

“Why? You know I’m bad at lying especially towards Fany.” Taeyeon persistent is not new. Yuri knew about it but for the sake of her relationship, the least information Jessica knows, the better things are and Taeyeon is one of the person she’s hoping can keep this secret safe.

 

“Tae, please? Sica have a lot of things on her mind already. NATs, exams and college entrance are all the stuffs I want her to focus on. Not about this silly things. Once I prove myself in Kazan, then most likely things will get better. So until then, please don’t tell Tiffany or Jessica anything about what the 3 of us discusses.”

 

“Sooyoung might have blurting it to them too! Why didn’t you warning her?”

 

Taeyeon pointing her finger at Sooyoung who nonchalantly shrugged it off.

 

“Hey, my girlfriend is not Tiffany nor Jessica so as far as I know I might be the last person on earth spilling this secret.”

 

Sooyoung glanced towards Yuri.

 

“And you swimming nerd, next time you have this weird stuffs in your head, I suggest you tell us and don’t wait until like months later. I’ll kick your if you ever do that. We’re not some lamp post that hang around you. Well mostly me since Taeyeon is short.”

 

Taeyeon kick Sooyoung’s shin hard earning a hiss from the latter. Yuri chuckled over her two silly bestfriend childish fight.

 

“Nah, I won’t keep things to myself. I’ll bother you guys all the time for my health sake.”

 

Yuri said as Taeyeon already locking Sooyoung’s head under her arms with the latter cursing some bad words attacking Taeyeon verbally. Yuri can only watch in amusement as the two keep on fighting like kids. The commotion going around their table is attracting other kids from the cafeteria. It is rare to see the three of them sat down together like this ever since Yuri got a girlfriend. It’s a nice view as they are spending time together.

 

…..

 

“He came to see Yeri.”

 

“He what?” Tiffany eyes widen as Jessica slightly nodding. She tried keeping this information to herself but it kind of making her tired thinking this by herself. So here she is sharing this secret with Tiffany. Plus during NAT post meetings that she can really have a free time talking about the issue without Yuri around.

 

“Remember 2 months ago when we beat Yeri and her team? He came to her that day. He wanted to know more about me. He offered unlimited scholarships for Yeri.”

 

“That is so low!” Tiffany loudly claim as she slapping the table hard.

 

“You tell me about it. Now I’m kind of worried. My dad got a promotion from him, he confronted Yeri about me, Yuri’s mom hardly come to any of Yuri’s training that even Coach Lim found it weird and Yuri seems to be able to get out of her house anytime she wanted. This sounding like a really messed up trouble.”

 

Jessica seems to be frustrated over her situation. It doesn’t adding up. Everything somehow doesn’t adding up at all. Tiffany leaned forward as she placed her hand on top of Jessica’s.

 

“Hey, maybe you’re overthinking it? I’m sure there’s an explanation for all of it. If Yuri parents knew about you, I’m certain they’re already confronting you. Why would Mr. Kwon go through all this weird stuffs just because of you? It is kind of wasting his time.”

 

“I know but it doesn’t make any sense and I’m going crazy just thinking about it.”

 

“God it to be you or Yuri. Did you tell her? What did she said?”

 

Jessica pressed her lips and shook her head. Tiffany doesn’t look happy at all.

 

“Why?”

 

Jessica pulled back as she lean on her seat. She did had considered telling Yuri but it feels so childish whining to Yuri about something that she’s not even sure about.

 

“She has a lot in mind. Kazan is only a month away. My suspicion is just a guess. No concrete evidence of Mr. Kwon trying to do anything. I can’t let Yuri worried over nothing trivial.”

 

Tiffany felt like cursing at Jessica for this but when she thinks about it, Jessica was right. Is it really the right thing to drag Yuri into this? Taeyeon is busy with trainings and she’s not even someone competing in Olympics but Yuri is and adding up her problems is not really the right thing to do.

 

“Okay. You have a point. I do understand.”

 

“One more thing. Don’t tell Taeyeon anything about what I just told you okay? This is our secret.”

 

For the sake of her trouble friend and her relationship, Tiffany is force to agree and that she does. You can see how relief Jessica look the moment Tiffany nodding her head. She must have been struggling a lot to make the decision and as a friend, Tiffany wanted her to be happy. Jessica lips tugged into a small smile as she gently squeeze Tiffany’s hand.

 

“Thank you. I owe you one.”

 

…..

 

“Rock, paper, scissor? Deal?”

 

Jessica raised an eyebrow as Yuri just childishly suggest that they do rock, paper, scissor and winners probably get to pick the movie. She wanted to watch Deadpool but Yuri is so against it to the extend of making some lame excuse; Sooyoung already booked her for that movie. Since when that lanky girl has no one to watch movie with?

 

“Seriously Kwon Yuri? A good girlfriend would have said yes to deadpool. You’re supposed to be making me happy.”

 

“But Sica…”

 

“Deadpool.”

 

Yuri huffed and stomped her feet in protest of Jessica choice of movie.

 

“Sooyoung is going to kill me if we watch deadpool. I’ve sworn to watch deadpool with her. Please baby?” Yuri is determine to put all her cute gesture on the table as long as she can convince Jessica. It was the truth. Sooyoung even blackmailing her. It’s scary when the tall girl came towering above her.

 

“Make a choice Yul. Me or Sooyoung? Mind you that I can offer more than Sooyoung can.”

 

“Uhh.. That is tempting.”

 

Jessica fold her arms as she waiting for Yuri to give her answer. Yuri on the other hand can’t even decide if she should just ignore Sooyoung and get this over with. Jessica rolled her eyes as she push Yuri against the concrete column and trapped her between her hands. Yuri gulped hard.

 

“We..” Jessica placed her palm on Yuri’s face as she run her thumb caressing the soft cheek of her girlfriend.

 

“..can have so much fun together watching deadpool…”

 

She leaned forward surprising Yuri on how bold Jessica can be and teasing the tan girl as she trailing her lips so near to the tan girl’s neck. Yuri felt the hair on the back of her neck stood up as she saw a few older people giving the two of them a sickening look since they are actually in public and this behaviour is a little rude but at the same time turning her on.

 

“…just the two of us.”

 

Yuri came back to her sense and get out of Jessica reach. She then quickly get to the long line of ticket buyers.

 

“Deadpool or dead me?” Yuri murmured as she wipe away sweats forming on her forehead. She glanced towards Jessica and saw her girlfriend flirtatious wink. Her heartbeat racing and her pulse pulsating with no sense of control.

 

“Oh . Oh .” Why can’t she get use to this teasing yet? yourself Kwon Yuri.

 

“Is that your girlfriend?” A guy stood behind Yuri asked her as his eyes were on Jessica. Thankfully Jessica is no longer looking towards her. Yuri frown.

 

“Yeah she is.”

 

“Really? Dang it. You’re one lucky .” There’s a sincerity in his tone so Yuri let it go and assume he was really complimenting them and thankfully he did since he’s not looking at Jessica anymore but instead focusing on some movie trailers playing in one of the ad TV in front of them.

 

‘I am one lucky .’

 

…..

 

“Sorry I can’t bring you out even longer.”

 

Yuri sincerely apologize as she had planned it out for an all-day date with Jessica but she received a text from her mother asking her to come home. She did told them she’s out with Taeyeon so Jessica and her decided that it is best if they cut the date short and Yuri can go home. To be honest, Jessica didn’t want the date to end since she would probably be busy next 2 weeks for her Semi Final NAT competition. A lot of preparation need to be done. Jessica flash her familiar smile and kiss Yuri on the cheek.

 

“It’s okay. I enjoyed our date today. Deadpool was awesome.”

 

Yuri had that wicked smile plastered on her face as she remembered their deadpool movie date.

 

“Deadpool or Kwon Yul?”

 

“Hrmm..”

 

Jessica purposely delayed her answer just to tease Yuri. Yuri furrowed her eyebrows and attack her girlfriend waist tickling her hard. Jessica squirmed away but the space in Yuri’s car isn’t much so at the end she was laughing hard as she had to endure Yuri continuous tickle.

 

“Yul! Stop it!”

 

“Give me a reason why I should stop?”

 

“You’re so childish!”

 

Yuri was laughing hard as she’s watching Jessica reaction totally not anticipating Jessica next move which left her dumfounded. Jessica pulled her hands and kissing her lips hard successfully stopping Yuri on spot.

 

“You’re..cheating.” Yuri mumbled as Jessica press harder. Her hands wrapping around Yuri’s neck pulling her forward even more. Yuri cursed herself for not being able to say no. She kissed back hard as passionate as her girlfriend is. The two were so engross of having each other so close in a cramp space. After several lip biting and tongue swirling, the two finally pulling away feeling rather breathless.

 

“N-Now I don’t think I can let you go home.” Yuri breathlessly said as she took a few deep breaths. She was sure Jessica is feeling the same. Not after that intense kiss.

 

“Me neither but you..have to go now. I’ll see you on Monday?”

 

Yuri reluctant of letting Jessica go but she had too. He pulled Jessica for another kiss before her girlfriend get out of her car. Jessica smile at her as she gets out of the car. Before closing the door, she bend a little so that their faces are on the same level.

 

“Drive safely. Call me when you’re at home.”

 

Yuri blow a kiss towards Jessica. The shorter girl take a step back as Yuri drove away leaving her house. She’s only a few steps away from her house front door when a black SUV stop in front of her house. Jessica turn around. A guy came out of the SUV wearing a suit and when he was near enough, she almost gasped. The guy is looking directly at her.

 

“I think it is time for us to have that talk Ms. Jung.”

 

Jessica bite her lower lips although she’s a little intimidated by the guy presence. What is he doing here? The guy smile.

 

“This is not really a suitable place to discuss Ms. Jung. Fancy a dinner with me? Or did you already had one with Yuri?”

 

Jessica said nothing as the guy walk back to his SUV and let the passenger door open waiting for Jessica to get in. His smile didn’t change when he notice Jessica still not moving.

 

“I’m a gentleman Ms. Jung and very popular. If you think I’m going to hurt you, I’m not. I have a reputation to live up with and so do my daughter. Please get in so we can finish dinner even faster.”

 

This was it. The confrontation that she knew he had all of it plan out. But is she ready for this? Is she really going to go through this without Yuri’s knowledge? But then she made a promise and no matter how bad is it going to be, a promise is still a promise.

 

“Okay. I’ll follow you, Mr Kwon.”

 

“Excellent.”