Mr Google

Dream High

How to impress a girl?

 

No. Yuri tapped her backspace button and re-typing.

 

How to impress Jessica Jung?

 

“No. No. Kwon Yuri, are you kidding yourself? Do you really want to read about your rivals updating their blog about your dream girl?”

 

Yuri backspacing again. She had doing this for 10 minutes and not even a single method to impress Jessica. She wanted to get help from Taeyeon but then remembering how erted her bestfriend is, she was sure her method of impressing Jessica would be about touching her or staring at her s which sounded offensive and might pushed Jessica away. She could consult Sooyoung but Sooyoung is a well-known player and it is kind of awkward asking her. There’s go another possible helper. Yuri focus back on her laptop.

 

5 unexpected ways to impress a girl. She raised an eyebrow. That was easy.

 

“This sounded legit. Let see.”

 

She clicked the page and it directed her into a men’s blog. Well, a girl can try. She scan through all the texts and a smile forming on her lips. A sudden confidence fills in her body after finish reading the final page. Yuri wiggles her eyebrows in a playful manner. With a smirk on her face, she pulled her laptop closed.

 

“I’m going to get you Sica. Just watch as the new Kwon Yuri in front of you tomorrow.”

 

…..

 

“Really? Is she good?”

 

“TaeTae!” Tiffany slapped Taeyeon on her shoulder earning a groaned from the footballer. Sooyoung laughed at Taeyeon and hissed too when Tiffany slapped her left arm.

 

“Yah Fany. Why are you hitting me too?!”

 

“Stop telling Taeyeon your adventure night!” She hissed loud enough for only Sooyoung’s hearing range. Sooyoung eyed Tiffany who seems to be blushing while Taeyeon wiggling her eyebrows. Sooyoung made a yucky expression.

 

“I’m not sharing my y night with ladies anymore with you Kim Taeyeon.”

 

“Hey, how am I supposed to learn the best position?”

 

Tiffany clamped her hand on Taeyeon’s mouth and looked round hoping no students heard it. Thankfully, everyone were too busy gathering around fangirling over a certain individual. They only do that when sports student came but Taeyeon and Sooyoung is here so Tiffany wondered who that person is.

 

“Who are they fangirling?”

 

Sooyoung who obviously taller than her looked at where all the students are and stood on her toe. She scrutinized her eyes trying to guess who the girl is. Taeyeon face turn blue lacking of oxygen and desperately trying to gain Tiffany’s attention. She did and Tiffany quickly pulled away while apologizing profusely.

 

“Sorry..” She pouted at Taeyeon and just like that Taeyeon just accept it with an open arms. She’s even whipped other than Yuri. She looked at Sooyoung.

 

“Who is it?” It is kind of curious when obviously people would fangirling about her early in the morning.

 

“I don’t know. I can’t see her face. She’s too far. Wait.”

 

Sooyoung ped her backpack and took out a binocular. Tiffany raised an eyebrow at the taller girl.

 

“You bring a binocular with you?”

 

Sooyoung had that erted smile on her face and Tiffany regretted asking it.

 

“I need this baby to spot all the beautiful ladies.”

 

“You are ruined Choi Sooyoung.”

 

“If that means I get more s at night, I’m okay with it.” Sooyoung let Tiffany nagging at Taeyeon while she focused on recognizing who the hell took her spotlight on early morning. Her eyes widen.

 

“ me.”

 

It gained Taeyeon and Tiffany attention. Tiffany snatched the binocular from Sooyoung and looked into it. She had the same expression as Sooyoung.

 

“Fany, let me see.” Taeyeon keep whining at her girlfriend eager to know who the girl is. Tiffany handing over the binocular and Taeyeon happily looked into it. Once she saw who it was, her hand automatically dropped to her side and she looked at both Sooyoung and Tiffany.

 

“Yuri?”

 

…..

 

Yuri had her aviator on when she drove to school. Thankfully attending a private school in Korea give you a freedom to dress up. She didn’t do it since freshmen days back then but Mr Google said that to impress a girl and make her fall for you is by looking good. So she dressed up today. Even Mr Chan was quite surprise. He did asked but Yuri just smile back. She might not have a strict parents, but they made sure she drove a good looking car; it’s their way to compensate the freedom thingy. Her Audi R8 is her first baby but now could possible dropped on the list since she wanted Jessica now. Yuri had her skinny black jeans and white shirt. She dyed her hair a little so that it looks a little brownish. To finish up her looks, she had her Khaki jacket half zipped up. She pulled around her parking spot and pulled down the rear mirror looking at her own reflection.

 

“I look hot and she’s going to be hot for me.”

 

Yuri picked up her backpack that blended nicely with her looks and get out of the car looking rather confident. A girl stopped not too far from Yuri and didn’t blink when they saw the swimming genius new look. Some were bumping on others while more of them mouth wide as they witness the transformation that Yuri did. It’s kind of embarrassing to be honest since she had never really into popularity but this for to gain Jessica interest and maybe get her to be her girlfriend. A nice way to go through senior year with a girlfriend. Sounded promising.

 

“Oh my god! It’s Kwon Yuri! Yuri ah!”

 

Students started gathering around screaming her name. Yuri suddenly felt even shy.

 

“You got this Yul. Stay calm.” She whispering to herself. Yuri locked her car and walked away with students following from behind. She stopped at the front entrance door and more students gathering admiring this rare opportunity to see Yuri.

 

“Yuri unni! Marry me!”

 

“Yul, I love you! I’ll let you do anything! Date me!”

 

“My baby Yul! Remember me?!”

 

There were too many screaming at her that she couldn’t even heard any words properly. Her eyes then scanned around looking for that one girl but to her disappointment, she’s not here. Yuri mentally chided herself, this week Jessica had a NAT preliminary competition. She must have been studying. Well, she can go and search for her at recess. Good idea Kwon!

 

“Yah Kwon Yuri!”

 

Yuri turned to her right and huffed when Sooyoung slapped her back hard while Tiffany hold her hand and dragging her with them. Taeyeon was like a personal bodyguard telling people to give ways. Once they were inside the cafeteria, Tiffany shoved Yuri down on the chair. Yuri groaned.

 

“That hurts Fany ah.”

 

“Why are you dressing up?”

 

The three girls ignored Yuri complains and shot her a direct question. She sighed. She can’t really explain it or Taeyeon and Sooyoung would if they knew why.

 

“I can’t dress up?” Tiffany glared at Yuri asking her to answer with honesty.

 

“I just felt like it!”

 

“Really?”

 

“Yeah.”

 

“Hrmm…”

 

Taeyeon leaned forward and stopped inches away from Yuri’s face. Yuri slowly gulped somehow nervous.

 

“Better watch out your Yul. We’re watching you.” But unknown to Yuri, Sooyoung and Taeyeon, Tiffay kind of knew why. This could be about Jessica but remembering Jessica warning a week ago, she just smile watching as Taeyeon and Sooyoung trying to dig out even more information from Yuri who keep on denying. But Tiffany isn’t the only one watching. Around the corner stood Jessica arms crossed and eyes on Yuri. She didn’t like this changes at all. She want Yuri to be able to express herself but gaining other students attention is not in the plan. Who gave her that advice anyway? Google? If it is then she will definitely kick her . Jessica pulled out her phone and typed something and sent it to Yuri. From far, she saw Yuri taking out her phone and read the text she sent. Yuri looked up and searched everywhere but couldn’t locate Jessica’s actual location. She frowned.

 

Dolled up won’t make me fall for you .

 

…..

 

Other than her text message this morning, Jessica hadn’t responding to all her replies. She for sure knew the girl is definitely in school but she checked all their hangouts spot but she’s not there. Yuri pouted. She’s in the locker room ditching her English class frustratingly waiting for Jessica to reply. She eyed her phone.

 

“Fine, Google said I should stalk your Facebook page. I can’t find you but I definitely can stalk you and hopefully know where you are.”

 

Yuri opened her Facebook apps and search Jessica’s name among her friend list. She found it and go to her profile page. No new updates. She frowned.

 

“Oh come on! Update your location Sica!”

 

Yuri is hopeful but if only she asked Tiffany then her problem would have solved already. Tiffany is Jessica NAC partner and hell she would know where Jessica is but being new to courting girls, Yuri rely on Google way too much. Yuri huffed unhappy. But to her dismay, Jessica actually just a locker behind her leaning on the wall while listening to Yuri mumbling like crazy. She had an idea. She updated her location and smile an evil smile. Yuri eyes beam in happiness when there’s a new update from Jessica. She quickly read it.

 

In School Locker Room – feeling funny.

 

A deep frowned flashed on Yuri’s face. She looked up and scan the whole area without even realizing that Jessica is just a locker behind. Yuri commented below her update.

 

I don’t see you.

 

Jessica almost let out a giggling but remembering her mission for the day, she held back and shook her head. Yuri is being Yuri and that’s what she wanted. She updated another status.

 

What you see might not what it should be . #CMIYC

 

Yuri pouted.

 

“CMIYC? What is that?”

 

Yuri googled it and pouted even more.

 

“Catch me if you can? Yah Sica!”

 

Yuri yelled to nobody to be honest. Jessica silently laughing at Yuri’s reaction and updated another status.

 

FYI, I like your old scent than now.

 

Yuri read it and looked around before sniffing her armpits. Okay she did change her cologne but it was a part of the 5 unexpected ways to impress a girl and this is number 3. Number 1 would be dressing up and number 2 is stalking her Facebook profile. Yuri had enough. It seems Jessica is the one stalking her right now. She called the girl’s number. Jessica had silent her phone and saw Yuri’s name flashing on her screen. Should she answered? Jessica smirks and ended the call as though she’s busy. Yuri let out a breath.

 

“What the hell am I doing? You failed me Google! I rely on you with my school work and you never disappoint me! But you fail as my love guru!”

 

Yuri stood up and walked out of the locker room. She had mathematics later and she can’t skipped it. Maybe get her head out of the gutter for a while. Jessica came out of her hiding when she was sure Yuri had gone out. She chuckled.

 

“Google?”

 

She’s convinced that Yuri need a kick on the . An idea popped up. This could help Yuri out to get her own attention. Yuri is to dense to even realize that she wanted the original Yuri. Not the new version. Jessica typed a message. Not too long and pressed sent.

 

Don’t google steps to impress girls. It’s not your steps, it is for other people. I want the original.

 

…..

 

Jessica didn’t go home after school and decided that she head out to the roof top and do a little revision. Just to make sure she gets all points for her NAT tomorrow. The Preliminary round would be held in her school.

 

“Hey, sorry I’m late.”

 

Tiffany take a seat next to Jessica and saw the girl leaning on the wall eyes looking far on the view. This is new.

 

“Yuri spaced out in class and now you. I assume you have the same problem as Yuri?”

 

“She changed.” Jessica still hadn’t yet looking at Tiffany.

 

“And it’s not good?”

 

Jessica chuckled but Tiffany sense disappointment in her tone.

 

“Nothing.”

 

“Jess, don’t bottle up. Pent up emotion is only going to make you even sick.”

 

“She asked me to be her girlfriend while trying to get into my pants which I said no and don’t give me that look. We didn’t have .”

 

Tiffany’s evil smirks disappeared instantly. She was hoping something would have happen.

 

“And?”

 

“Today she try impressing me with the help from Google; 5 ways to impress a girl. What came to your mind now?”

 

“Yuri . I would be angry if Taeyeon did this.”

 

“A girlfriend proposal while trying to me and now this half method to impress me? her.”

 

Tiffany chuckled and put down her book.

 

“Yet you still love her.”

 

“ me too.”

 

……

 

Jessica woke up feeling a little down but she shook it off and get her mind ready for today. Not even a single point. She freshened up and get down stairs where her parents and sister are already having their breakfast.

 

“Morning daddy. Morning mom.”

 

“Morning Jess. Ready for today?” Jessica nodded towards her father. Daniel Jung always supported her decision in everything she do and she’s thankful because of it. She sat down on her seat and her mother placed a different kind of breakfast in front of her. It was different from what her parents and Krystal are eating. Krystal is obviously grinning. She eyed her mother.

 

“Why is my breakfast a little different?”

 

Daniel Jung is just like Krystal; smiling. A lot.

 

“Your girlfriend stop by and prepared that for you. Since when did you have a girlfriend Jess? And why we didn’t know about it?”

 

Jessica raised an eyebrow.

 

“Girlfriend? No I don’t.”

 

“Unni, she came by a few minutes ago. You know the tall and dark skin type?”

 

A shy smile obviously seen on Jessica’s face. Her father chuckled while So Min patted her back telling her it’s okay to be shy.

 

…..

 

Jessica get out of her house and saw Krystal holding onto something.

 

“You still here? I thought you’ve gone to school already?”

 

Krystal playfully glaring at Jessica and handed over a single red rose that came with a card.

 

“I found it on our doorstep. Probably left by the tall and dark girlfriend of yours.”

 

A tinge of pink was obvious on her cheek that if it wasn’t because of school, Krystal could have a little more.

 

“I’m late! Bye unni!”

 

Krystal dashed off to school leaving Jessica holding onto the red rose. She flipped the card open and her smile grew wider.

 

I’ll be cheering for you today.

Sincerely, Kwon Yuri.

 

…..

 

Jessica hadn’t met Yuri at all today since she’s busy with Tiffany watching as other contestant fighting their round. Jessica searched around the hall hoping to see Yuri but the girl wasn’t there. Knowing Yuri’s schedule, she probably training right now. Who’s she kidding? Yuri can’t ditch her swimming for her.

 

“Sowon All Girls Institution Versus JeonJu high. Please get ready.”

 

Tiffany nudged Jessica on her side throwing worried glances at her friend. Jessica never been distracted like this.

 

“You’re okay?”

 

“Yeah. I’m just thinking.”

 

“Okay, let’s go?”

 

She gave a slight nod and both of them stood up and took their designated places. Jessica saw JeonJu high leader, MinGuk walking towards her.

 

“Already sending yourself for preliminary round Jessica?”

 

“Hi MinGuk.”

 

Every school need to send a team consists of 5 people for NAT competition. But only 2 can fight for each round. Jessica wanted to start the preliminary rounds and lifted up her teammate’s confidence.

 

“May the best team win MinGuk.”

 

“Same here Jessica, Tiffany.”

 

“See you MinGuk.” Tiffany never really like his attitude but it was all about getting the upper hand of your opponent and Jessica being distracted is not good. She hoped that it was only temporary.

 

…..

 

The score is 30-30. A perfect score and JeonJu high is not giving much chances to Sowon All Girls Institution. One of the judges spoke.

 

“This will be a fast round. Whoever answered first will be the winner and proceed to the next round. The question is who hold the national record?”

 

Tiffany didn’t know whom. She hadn’t get her head onto this before. She looked towards her opponent and it seems that they had no idea too. Racking up her brain over something she never read before won’t really helped her.

 

“Jess?”

 

Jessica wasn’t even looking at Tiffany but her eyes fixed on a certain tan girl standing on top of the audience looking back at her. Yuri pointed at herself. Jessica giggled. Of course.

 

FLASHBACK

 

“So you only do butterfly ?”

 

They were just hanging out on the roof top eating ice cream. Yuri shook her head.

 

“I did once and won at 14 years old.”

 

“So why didn’t you just participated in both events?”

 

Yuri grinned.

 

“I don’t know.”

 

“You’re so full of yourself. I bet you’re lying.”

 

“I’m not.”

 

Jessica didn’t believe Yuri and surfed the web. She looked into the nationals’ record and saw Yuri’s name on the national record. Yuri hugged her from behind and peeked at her phone.

 

“You still hold the record?”

 

“Yeah.”

 

“Cocky.”

 

Yuri chuckled and that was before Jessica pushed her away and flicked her forehead.

 

“Hands off Kwon Yuri.”

 

END OF FLASHBACK

 

Jessica pushed her buzzer.

 

“Ms Jung?”

 

“Kwon Yuri.”

 

Everyone attending waiting nervously. Yuri is famous for participating butterfly event but they never heard her participated in event before. The judges raised their green flag.

 

“The winner for this round is Sowon All Girls Institution!”

 

Tiffany yelped in happiness and hugged Jessica. Audiences were yelling and chanting the home team. Jessica felt her phone vibrating. It was Yuri. She answered it while eyes on the girl up at the audience.

 

“Smart kid.”

 

“I work hard Kwon.”

 

She heard Yuri laughing.

 

“Stay there.”

 

Jessica was a bit surprised on why would Yuri asked her to stay in the middle of the hall? Yuri walked down the stairs and everyone eyes were on her. The hall suddenly became quiet. They just watched as Yuri making her way towards Jessica. Tiffany smile and backed away. Yuri stopped in front of Jessica. She got down on her left knee.

 

“This is going to be viral but I don’t care anymore. Jessica Jung, would you be my girlfriend?”

 

Heartbroken, tears of happiness, yelled and even chanting for yes came from all the audience. But it wasn’t the same feelings Jessica had right now; overwhelmed and in love.

 

“Please say yes Jess! Yuri is full of without you!” Sooyoung voice echoed inside the hall making Yuri even more embarrass but she held it in and waited for that one answer.

 

“Your fangirls might not like it Yul.”

 

“Yours too so we kind of equal.”

 

Jessica smile and Yuri swore it wasn’t like the teasing smile she always shown her. It was a genuine smile.

 

“Yes.”

 

Yuri pushed herself up and engulfed Jessica in her arms. Jessica leaned further letting her taste the tan girl’s warmth.

 

“This time I didn’t Google.”