First Day

I'll Always Love You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The sunshine gets through the closed curtains, touching everything in their way, warming the room...and burning Tao's eyes. He starts to turn around in bed trying to get rid of the morning light, but he fails. He slowly gets up, the bags under his eyes bigger than usual, his eyes sleepy and half closed, his mouth a little open while he starts rubbing his eyes. He was still tired, he didn't sleep as well as home since the room is new, everything is new. He gets off his bed and starts to wander around the room, studying it more. He looks out the window and all he sees is white. Mountains of snow in front of the cars and doors. The sky was still dropping ice flowers. The sun was not as hot as Tao first thought. The trees were so full of snow that it looked like they could break any moment. Long icicles were standing in front of the window. Tao moved his hand and touched the area in front of him like trying to get to the icicles. Cold, that's what he felt, cold. The window was freezing like it was ice instead of glass. This was it.

 

His first day at the university. His heart was racing, ready to jump out of his chest. He was nervous, he first thought he's gonna hate it here, far from home, but he starts to like it. That's what scares him. Maybe this was a chance to change his boring life, maybe his parents were right sending him here. The boys looked cool, maybe he'll even have some good friends in here. He started to feel more comfortable with his new room after staring at it for a while, now he had just to get used to his roommate and the other boys. He yawned lazily when something got his attention. A strong, sweet smell. So sweet you could get a little high just on the smell. Tao's nostrils started to follow the direction of this pleasant feeling when strong sounds took over his ears. Still half asleep it took him some time to realise those sounds were actually words.

 

"Aha, stop."

"What if I don't want to?"

"You'll wake Tao up. Stop! We don't wanna make a bad impression"

After that loud laughs took over all the rooms. Tao was sure he is now fully awake. He cracks the door of his room open and takes a look on the hallway only to hear more laughs coming from downstairs and smell an even stronger sweetness. He let's the curiosity take over him and makes his way to the stairs. Suddenly in front of him a sleepy Kris appears. It looks like he just got out of bathroom, a towel around his neck, his hair wet an messy. He was dressed with a white shirt and long, large, black pants. His sent was fresh and his body was emitting warmth. He put on a smirk and looked in Tao's eyes like he was about to say something serious and deep. That kind of made Tao want to take a step back.

 

Kris was different from the others. It may be his appearance: tall with muscles. His eyes were dark and deep, intimidating, but warm and friendly at the same time. It was a weird combination that made you want to know him more, but also stay as far as possible. He seemed to be friendly, but cold too, which made him seem like he's unapproachable. The taller one saw his reaction and excused himself.

"I didn't mean to scare you. Sorry, I'm just sleepy. Today is your first day at this university, right? We start at 9 and now it's 7. Better start preparing."

Kris plastered a friendly smile on his face and left Tao, leaving to their room. The boy jumped out of his short daze and leaned forward, going downstairs. As he approaches the kitchen he can sense an even stronger smell and loud laughs taking over his ears. He cracks the door open without a sound. That's when he sees it. The mess. Two boys standing tall near the counter, across the room, all covered in white and laughing. Even the door had flour on it and it mad Tao's fingers be slippery. The two boys didn't seem to notice Tao staring at them as they were too involved in what they were doing. The whole situations was funny. It was like in those romantic movies where the couple cooks and they have a fight with flour. Tao's face brightened at the view.

 

"Ah, Xiumin and Chen are always that. Noisy and messy. They do this almost every morning and never get bored."

Tao turns around to see Baekhyun with crossed arms, smiling warmly at him. Chanyeol comes from behind and places a hand on Baek's shoulder.

"After that Chen would always go and take a shower while Xiumin is cleaning. You have no idea how clean Xiumin is."

The taller one said offering plastering a goofy smile on his face. The taller one. That's right. What a height difference between Baek and Chanyeol. If you get them from the right angle, you could say that Baek is Chanyeol's kid.

"What happened?"

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter