분열 (Torn Apart)

I'll Always Love You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It's dark when Tao wakes up.

At first, he feels a slight rush of panic, of confusion. But then the room comes into focus and he relaxes.

It was just a dream.

Of all the dreams, that one was certainly one of the most horrible that Tao has ever had.

In the dream they had all been dead except for him. He was alone and afraid and Kris wasn't there to protect him.

Tao blinks a few times in the dark, reaching across the bed and finding Kris. 

He makes a soft sound of contentment, pulling himself closer to his boyfriend as he feels Kris stir slightly, looping his arms around Tao. 

Kris doesn't say anything and Tao's sure he must still be asleep. Tao wishes he was asleep.

Lately, things had been so odd at their house.

They hadn't been getting along as well together.

Luhan had broken up with Taehyung, but still took every opportunity to go at it with Jiyong.

Their whole silly feud had divided the house and now all of them were bickering with each other.

It wasn't good. And it wouldn't have happened if Lay was here.

Tao sighs softly, trying to push the thoughts away as he curls closer to Kris.

Him and Kris had still been getting along, which was nice. 

And what seemed even weirder was that, although a bit awkward, Baekhyun and Chanyeol seemed to be happy.

While it was good for Baekhyun, Tao just didn't want them to break up again. It would hurt Baekhyun so much.

Tao feels Kris stir slightly beneath him, his breathing becoming more regular as he blinks slowly a few times, his dark golden eyes focusing on Tao,

'Hey....you okay?'

Tao nods, repressing a shiver as he pulls the blankets farther up,

"Yeah....just tired......"

Tao feels Kris shift again, leaning over to press a kiss to his forehead, his voice soft,

'Well, you're not sick....'

Tao laughs, pushing him away playfully,

"Of course I'm not sick!"

Kris crinkles his nose, pretending to look offended,

'I was just looking out for you, Bǎobǎo....'

Tao shakes his head, turning his eyes to the ceiling with a soft sigh,

"You know....we should really get a bigger bed....."

Kris laughs, reaching over and pulling Tao's body flush against his chest,

'But I like you being close to me....'

Tao rolls his eyes, trying not to let himself enjoy how warm Kris is and how good this feels,

"But what if I don't want to be..."

Kris sighs, pulling Tao closer and pressing a series of soft kisses up the edge of his ear,

'When did you become so mean?'

Tao lets a small smile curve his lips as his eyes fall closed, leaning into Kris just a little bit,

"I love you."

Kris doesn't respond at first, the soft beat of his heart seeming to increase slightly at Tao's words,

'I love you too....more than anything.....'

Tao yawns, struggling slightly to get away from Kris, a soft whimper coming from his lips,

"Kris! Let me go...."

Kris doesn't reply, letting go for a moment as Tao feels his grip close around his arms, pinning him to the bed.

Kris smiles down at him, tilting his head in a way that Tao hated to love. 

He is so beautiful.

Tao feels his heartbeat falter slightly as Kris leans closer, brushing their hips together as his lips find Tao's.

The kiss is soft and warm and Tao can feel the resistance leave his body, melting under Kris's touch.

Tao feels Kris let go of his arms, pulling his shirt over his head with surprising ease, Tao gasping softly as he grabs Kris by the back of his neck, wanting another kiss.

But Kris pulls away slightly, a small smirk curving his lips,

'Shouldn't Chen be interrupting us right around now...?'

Tao rolls his eyes, his voice soft,

"Shut up and kiss me...."

Kris laughs, letting Tao pull his head down, their lips fitting together perfectly. 

Tao can feel Kris's hands running down his chest, his touch gentle and caressing, making shivers run across Tao's skin.

Tao reaches up, his fingers brushing across Kris's bare stomach and hooking into the waist of his shorts.

Tao pauses for a moment, enjoying how it feels to be this close to the boy he loved. 

If only this could last forever.

Kris is kissing him again, rougher this time and Tao feels his heart falter, his grip on Kris's clothes tightening as the sound of a knock at the door shatters the mood.

Kris pulls back slowly, being as gentle as he can as he sends a glare in the direction of the door, his voice clipped,

'Chen...?'

There's a pause, a slight shuffling sound and the warm smoothness of Baekhyun's voice,

'Well....not exactly.....can I come in?'

Kris looks down at Tao, arching an eyebrow in question.

Tao shrugs and feels Kris roll off of him gracefully, running his hand through his hair a few times.

He brings his knees up to his chest, resting his elbows on his legs and leaning forward slightly.

Damn he looks beautiful.

His dark hair is messy, the muscles in his shoulders rippling under his skin as he stretches, his voice soft,

'Sorry, Baekhyun....you can come in....'

The door opens hesitantly and Baekhyun enters Tao's line of sight.

He's dressed in a grey button down shirt with black jeans, his black hair looking messy in a beautiful way. 

He looks a bit embarrassed almost, avoiding Tao's gaze. But Tao can't exactly blame him, if he found Baekhyun and Chanyeol in bed, it wouldn't be the best experience ever.

Everyone is quiet for a moment and Tao clears his throat, tilting his head to the side so that hair falls into his eyes,

"What is it, Baek?"

Baekhyun blinks a few times, clearly avoiding looking at a fairly shirtless Tao as he turns his eyes in the direction of the window instead,

'Suho is making breakfast and he needed someone to come get you two....we drew straws...'

Kris laughs softly, tilting his chin up so that Tao can see the sharp definition of his Adam's apple, 

'Is Jiyong still here?'

Baekhyun shakes his head, a soft smile curving his lips,

'No, I drove him home last night....he was pretty drunk....'

Somehow, Jiyong had decided that every Friday night, all of them would get together for drinks and whatever game he decided on.

Last night had been spin the bottle and even though Tao and Kris had agreed beforehand that it wasn't a big deal, it had still been weird to see his boyfriend kissing Sehun.

He'd ended up having to kiss Xiumin which wasn't nearly as weird as it had sounded. Him and Xiumin were good friends and they'd both just laughed about it.

Kai was feeling better even though he was still on painkillers that made him perpetually thirsty and rather excitable.

It was nice to have him home though and usually the rest of them took turns taking care of him. 

The brace on his leg meant that he needed crutches everywhere he went and more often than not, someone to walk with him and make sure he didn't get too excited and trip.

Him and Sehun hadn't talked much about their relationship by the looks of it, but Kai always got so excited when he saw the rainbow haired boy.

It was precious actually. 

As far as Luhan went, the honey haired boy was hating the single life like he always did and had been flirting with Kyungsoo.

But Luhan had hurt him and the dark eyed boy didn't really seem interested in starting anything up anytime soon.

Not like Tao could blame him, Luhan was a playboy in a cute package. In the time since he'd met them, he flirted with everyone, slept with Chanyeol, and generally given himself a reputation. 

Tao pulls himself out of his thoughts, smiling at Baekhyun,

"We'll be down soon....don't start without us, okay?"

Baekhyun nods, still avoiding looking at Tao as he walks back across the room and closes the door softly behind him. 

After he's gone, Kris turns to Tao, a mischievous smile curving his lips,

'Later....okay?'

Tao laughs, hitting him on the arm and climbing over Kris's lap to get to his feet.

It's cold in their room despite being the end of March and Tao hurries over to the closet, dressing in his favorite thick grey sweater and black jeans.

Kris gets up too, pausing before deciding on a grey tee shirt and jeans, reaching for his leather jacket that Tao was always stealing.

It was always nice when your boyfriend was your size and shared your fashion sense too.

Tao adjusts the ring on his finger and reaches up to sort out his hair before he feels Kris's hand close around his wrist, an amused smile curving his lips,

'Leave it. You look beautiful....'

Tao rolls his eyes, smacking Kris's hand away but not pr

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter