VMin

All or Nothing (BTS One Shots/Drabbles)

Title: Red Tipped Roses
Group: BTS
Pairing: JiTae (VMin)
Rating: PG
Word Count: 630

Summary: Yellow roses represent friendship. Yellow roses with red tips? That’s a different thing entirely.
Warnings: Just mega fluffiness.
Note: Not a request, just a random JiTae idea I came up with while looking at a list of roses and their meanings.

 

Yellow roses represent friendship, a sort of thankfulness that you can only feel toward a person you already appreciate fairly deeply. The sort of gift that is given to a person to say: “I might not be in love with you, but I care about you very deeply. I love you.” These roses represent a deep bond and connection between two people that can really only be captured through friendship, but not quite romantic love. Flowers have all sorts of meanings when given as gifts, but Jimin finds the different types of roses to be the best ones. That’s why he, while working at the flower shop, will sometimes arrange a bouquet of yellow roses for his best friend, the one person who has been with him through everything.

“So what do pink roses mean then?” Taehyung would ask him while the two sit at the coffee shop across the street during Jimin’s lunch break—the steam from the coffee fogging up Jimin’s glasses as he takes a sip.

He sets the coffee cup down with a soft clink sound as the ceramic comes into contact with the hard wood of the table, and e smiles at his friend. He waits for the fog to go away before he answers: “It really depends on the pink,” Jimin would explain. “A pure pink rose represents gratitude and a sort of request for trust from the receiver. All roses represent a form of love somehow, some more romantic than others.”

Taehyung brings his bouquet of yellow roses to his face, and he takes in their scent with a deep inhale of breath. “Jimin, which rose is your favorite?” Taehyung asks, looking at his friend through half-lidded eyes.

Jimin loves all the roses for very different reasons, so he had never really thought about which one is his favorite rose. If he had to choose one: “I like the yellow roses I give to you,” Jimin decides. “My favorite rose for my favorite person.” Many people have come and gone from Jimin’s life, but Taehyung is one who has remained constant. He’s become something like a sense of security for the flower arranger.

Jimin and Taehyung meet at that same place every day during Jimin’s break. Upon one of their meetings, Taehyung is the one to show up with an arrangement of roses. Jimin doesn’t question where he went to get them as Taehyung hands them over, his hands nervous and trembling obvious enough for Jimin to see. The particular roses that Taehyung had picked out causes Jimin’s heart to skip a beat, but he brushes it off. Taehyung probably doesn’t realize that there’s a difference between yellow roses and ones with red tips. “Taehyung, the yellow roses with red tips represent something a little different than friendship,” Jimin tells his friend as he takes the flowers and smells them the same way Taehyung does every time.

“I know,” Taehyung assures Jimin soft and slow. “You never told me there was such a rose to perfectly represent my feelings toward you.”

The yellow roses with red tips symbolize something quite different than just friendship. They symbolize the best type of friendship—one which turns into the friends falling in love with each other. It’s such a perfect representation, the pure and innocent yellow flower of friends mixed with the more passionate red flower of lovers, the best combination. The best kind of love and the best kind of friendship.

Jimin’s new favorite rose becomes this particular one, and it’s the rose that he and Taehyung exchange amongst each other from that day forward, never evolving to the pure red rose because, no matter what, they always find a way to manage to fall in love with the other over and over again.


E/N: It was such a hard choice to choose whehter I should put this in a fic or make it a short drabble. I guess this works, but I can use it in a fic, too, if you guys want. xD