NamJin

All or Nothing (BTS One Shots/Drabbles)

Title: Costume Party
Group: BTS
Pairing: Namjin
Rating: G
Word Count: 543

Summary: When two people unknowingly are submitted into a costume contest together.
Warnings: None
Note to Requester: I love Namjin, and I hope you love this. It’s probably the cheesiest/lamest thing I’ve ever come up with. xD

 

Halloween has to be a holiday that was made for crazy people. Everyone just dresses up and pretends to be other people for one night. Children are allowed to accept candy from strangers for one night. People attend ridiculous parties where there’s a sort of “fashion contest” where people vote for their favorite costumes—which is probably 80% biased with people just voting for whoever dressed as their favorite character.

Still, somehow, Hoseok had talked Seokjin into coming to this Halloween party—costumes required. In all of his years of life, after moving out of his parents place, Seokjin hasn’t celebrated Halloween, so it’s a bit weird for him. Either way, he gave into his friend’s demands and came to the party dressed as Robin from the Batman comics. He’s quite surprised to see that he’s the only one who came dressed as that character—he was sure that Robin would have been a popular choice.

Sometime after the party had begun, the winners of the costume party are going to be announced. Seokjin, completely uninterested to hear the winners, is shocked when his name is read off as one of the two winners, along with one who came dressed as batman. “Wai-what?” Seokjin asks, wondering how he could have won the contest when he didn’t even write his name on the paper, nor come with a date in co-ordinating costumes. Before Seokjin can protest any further, Hoseok is pushing him toward the stage.

The prize for winning the contest is pretty dumb—it’s just a bag of candy, creative. Seokjin accepts his bag of candy from the host, and he makes to leave quickly afterward. However, he’s stopped by the one who won the contest as Batman—he’s not even the only batman who came to the party. “Hey,” He says and removes his mask—which was only one made to cover his eyes, and not the full face mask that batman wears. With the mask off, though, Seokjin can see all of his facial features together, and he realizes that this guy is actually kind of handsome. “This is probably the lamest thing I’ve ever done to get a date, but I had to ask your friend for your name to get you put into the contest with me.”

“Really?” Seokjin challenges. At least this guy doesn’t seem like a creeper. “You just seem like the type of person to do pretty lame things to get someone to go on a date with you.”

“Oh, I am,” He says with a smile. “But this is the lamest. I’m Namjoon,” He says.

“Seokjin,” Seokjin introduces himself as well.

“I know,” Namjoon says, and Seokjin mentally slaps himself in the face. Of course he knows, he asked Hoseok for his name, after all. “So did it work? My attempt to get you to go on a date with me?”

If he wants to try something lame like this get Seokjin to go on a date with him—well, two can play at that game. “You may have won a little more than a costume contest and a bag of candy,” Seokjin agrees to the date. He might not know a lot about Namjoon, but he knows Batman’s not a bad guy.