NightShift

Sleeping Beauty

After supper Lourdes had the boys clear up the dinner dishes & load the dishwasher while she fixed their nightly chocolate milk. She the dishwasher and carried the milk up to their room, as they ran ahead of her. "Walk!!" Lourdes instructed, causing them to slow down to a fast pace, shaking their little booties at her. She hid her smile from these mischievous munchkins, who if any weakness was shown, were like little sharks who got the smell of blood. As usual she had them select two outfits for the next day.. They were already at the stage where they had their own personal styles, but she had final veto, in case they went crazy. She ran their bath for them, as the boys raided their wardrobes, knowing not to make a mess. Lourdes would make them clean up after themselves. After their outfits were selected and approved, they made their way to the bath, while Lourdes ironed their & her own clothes for tomorrow. When she was done, Lourdes made her way to the now almost flooded bathroom. She got the boys to get out,wipe up & into their onesies. She put them into bed & handed them their chocolate milk, before making her way to the bathroom for cleanup.

Although they had bunk beds, they wanted to be close so the beds were set up next to each other with Liam's flush against one wall. Lourdes sat in between the sweetly smelling boys and made up a bedtime story for the twins, as was their nightly routine. Todays story included dragons and little knights.  Within minutes their eyes went from wide eyed wonder to fast asleep. Lourdes placed a kiss on Liam's forehead before gingerly climbing out if the bed. She bent down and kissed Louis's forehead.  She picked up the boys empty glasses and the wet towels and made her way back downstairs. The towels went into the washing machine awaiting a load. She washed up the two glasses and left them to dry on the rack. It was now after 9pm , she was once again exhausted and she still had more studying to do. She yawned as she made her way to her bath, so that she could add her dirty clothes and towel to make one load of washing. After getting into her track suit pants and oversized shirt that was her usual sleep attire, she started the wash load as she worked on the rest of her homework. When the wash was done she put it in the dryer, thanking her parents for doing something right and stocking the house with the necessary equipment to make her life less Cinderella like. The clothes dryer tinkled out its completion just as she finished her homework. She switched it off & took out the clothes, folded them and took them up with her, as switched lights off on her way up to bed. Her feet dragged as weariness hung heavy on her shoulders. She put the clothes away and set her alarm on her cellphone as she collapsed exhausted on her bed. Her last thoughts before sleep claimed her was that she didn't even get to think about today and her first kiss and Myungsoo!!! She fell asleep with a smile on her face at the thought of Myungsoo's face.