The Return of the Rents

Sleeping Beauty

It's been two weeks now since the original "Sleeping Beauty" incident. Myungsoo is the perfect boyfriend. He walks her to class, carries her books, holds her hand and the only thing he expects is for her to reciprocate his affections. The tree is their spot and they spend all their break and free time eating & daydreaming under its wide branches. Every afternoon they fetch the twins and see to them before doing their homework together. Myungsoo has taken over the kitchen, preparing the most awesome dishes. They make sure to squeeze in some quality family time and they now have everything down to a routine which includes plenty of sleep time for Lourdes. It seems like a fairy tale and like most fairy tales, there's always something waiting to throw a spoke in the wheel. 

Myungsoo was reading the boys their bedtime story. The washing was dry and Lourdes was daydreaming as she folded the clothes, when she was startled by her parents return. Like a whirlwind they came striding in through the lounge, throwing her air kisses as they made their way upstairs. "Well I guess nothings changed there" thought Lourdes as she continued with her chores. "Who are you and what are you doing with my boys!!" Lourdes heard the loud question all the way downstairs and slapped a hand to her forehead ... She had gotten so used to Myungsoo being part of the family, that she hadn't even thought about the "rents" finding out. It wasn't a secret, they were just not around to tell. She raced upstairs before they got any ideas about actually trying to be parents.

Myungsoo was startled out of his wrestling/tickling match with the twins, by the unexpected question.  Untangling from the twins, he made to get up and they did so too, holding onto each of his hands. He turned to face the handsome couple, knowing instinctively that these where the parents. "Annyunghaseyo Doctors' Lee,  Kim Myungsoo Imnida" he introduced himself with the full 90 degree bow complete with a little boy on each arm. "He's Loulou's boyfriend" said Liam. "And our brother" chimed in Louis. Myungsoo smiled affectionately at these precious boys. 

"Lourdes doesn't have time for a boyfriend"Doctor Lee said of his daughter. "Actually I now have more than enough time, since I have gotten a boyfriend" Lourdes said as she walked into the boys' room. "As you have been told, this is my boyfriend Myungsoo and he is a permanent fixture in my life." She said in a non nonsense voice "unlike some people" she mumbled. She hugged him around the waist needing the touch much more than just for giving him comfort. The boys hugged them from either side making it a united front.

"Hmmm, well then if you have all this under control" Doctor Lee, said waving her hand around "and you keep your studies up to standard. I guess there's really no change" she said as she her heel and took her blubbering husband with her. Myungsoo & Lourdes looked at each other and burst out laughing. They grabbed the twins in a group hug. "So that's the rents" Lourdes shrugged unapologetically, "Unfortunately we didn't get to choose them" she giggled. 

Myungsoo looked down at her lovingly as he kissed her on the forehead, "Not the way I thought a Meet the Parents would go, but I'll take it any day. I'd say this went rather well, wouldn't you" he asked her.  She hugged him tighter "Ne, that's about the most I've ever seen my father react" she said shaking her head. "Sooooo now that I've met your parents, turnabout is FairPlay?" Myungsoo asked with a raised eyebrow as he tilted his head. He saw the moment when she realized what he meant and held on tighter as she tried to pull away. "Annio Myungsoo... I'm I'm not ready" she stuttered. He pulled her back into his hug and whispered "They already love you. My parents have just been waiting to meet you."