Meet the Parents

Sleeping Beauty

The drive home was short and Myungsoo glanced to his side at Lourdes, as he switched the car off. The usually confident girl was currently mumbling to herself and biting her nails. He grabbed her hand to move it away from and brought it instead to his lips for a kiss. That earned him a smile from Lourdes and twin groans from the back seat. Grinning... Myungsoo stepped out of the car and as before ran around to open the door for Lourdes, like the gentleman he was.  They each took a door to get the boys unstrapped, out of the car and then holding hands they made their way as a unit to the door of what Lourdes now noticed was a white mansion. "You live here? Then why do you spend most of your time at our house?" She asked in wonder.  Myungsoo pulled her to a stop and looked her in the eye "Because that is where you and my family is" he stated as a fact. Not give her anytime to react, he continued forward dragging her compliantly along to the door, which was now opened. A handsome couple stood at the entrance waiting for them.

Myungsoo smiled at his parents, who he could see were barely holding themselves back. His mum already had tears in her eyes and had her hand over trying to contain her emotions. He could tell that the waterworks would not be long in coming. As they reached the top of the stairs, his mother went past him straight to Lourdes whom she pulled in for a hug. His dad knelt in front of the unusually shy twins. Myungsoo stood to the side as a silent observer and watched as his dad pulled the twins in for a joint hug. He couldn't help the tears of joy at seeing his family welcomed. He placed a hand of support on his dad's back as he saw him stand up carrying both boys in his arms.  He turned back to Lourdes and found his mum holding her at arms length and admiring his blushing beauty. Cupping her face, he could hear his mum whisper to her, as she reached forward to hug her again and kiss her on the cheek. 

Lourdes was stunned at the warm welcome. She was a little wary as she saw the little bundle of energy hurtle her way as they reached the top of the stairs. Before she could even think, she was wrapped up into the warmest of hugs... Different from Myungsoo...it was "motherly".  Yes that's what it was... "Motherly". Lourdes sighed as she felt all the tension and anxiety run out of her as she relaxed into and returned the hug. She sighed as Mrs Kim pulled back but didn't quiet let go. "Yeopo, welcome home baby girl. You don't know how long I have been waiting to meet you. You must call me Eomma" she whispered, before leaning in for another hug and kissing Lourdes on the cheek. She could feel her cheeks warm up but couldn't be bothered. She loved this feeling of warmth and wasn't willing to give it up anytime soon. "Yeobo don't you think we should take the kids and continue this inside the house" Mr Kim asked wryly. Lourdes looked up in surprise at the voice, having totally forgotten everyone else while she indulged in what was surely "Mummy and Me time". She saw the boys happily being carried in the arms of a gorgeous man, who could only be Myungsoo's dad. He released the boys and came forward to take her in his arms, that is... once Eomma reluctantly let go of her. Well Lourdes was reluctant too. It was surprising that she allowed herself to be pulled into a hug by a man she hadn't really been introduced to yet. But where Eomma's hug provided warmth, this hug provided a sense of security. She closed her eyes and  savored the sense of belonging. He released her but held her face in his hands and placed a kiss on her forehead, just as Myungsoo started to pull her away. "Stop hogging my girlfriend. Jinjja if I knew you two were going to be like this, I wouldn't have brought her here" he said as he dragged her and grabbed the twins on the way, into the house. 

Lourdes dug her feet in and brought Myungsoo to an abrupt halt. "Yah Myungsoo! you can't talk to Eomma and Appa.. I can call you Appa Ne?" She asked of Mr Kim, before she continued lambasting Myungsoo, without waiting for a response. "You can't talk to them like that!!!" Lourdes scolded. Mr & Mrs Kim laughed at Myungsoo's downtrodden face. "Actually he can complain, we don't want to give you or the boys back and he is going to have to learn to share from now on" Eomma said, laughing even more as Myungsoo groaned in mock anger.  "Bwo?? Eomma Annio" he said hugging Lourdes and the boys "Mine!" He said childishly. Eommo shook her head sadly. "That's what happens when you have only one child, they become spoilt and don't want to share." She said tearfully. They all rushed to comfort her, causing a group hug, but Lourdes saw her wink to Appa and knew she was just playing. Eomma turned her attention to the boys and gushed over them, leaving Appa to guide Myungsoo and Lourdes into the dining room, where supper was being laid out by the maids. Myungsoo assisted her into her seat and used a finger under her chin to close which was opened in wonder. The room was lit up by a huge crystal chandelier, that threw rainbow reflections across the room. A eight seater table stood prominently in the center of the room and was full to the brim, with what Lourdes now realized was all their favorite foods. She looked at Myungsoo who just smiled and shrugged his shoulders, as he took a seat next to her. Appa sat at the head of the table after seating Eomma right next to him. The boys sat next to Eomma, but opposite Myungsoo & Lourdes.

Dinner was conducted like none Lourdes and the boys had ever been to. Good conversation and laughter only complimented the excellent food served. Eomma & Appa wanted to know everything there was to know about them. They cheered at their achievements and got downright angry at her parents for their lack of support and care. Lourdes had to promise them that it was all better now with Myungsoo there, in order to prevent a very angry Appa from calling them to give them a piece of his mind. She got the boys to distract them by telling everyone about their recent move to Kindergarten and what they were learning. Myungsoo sat back after a while, watching in satisfaction as his families interacted. After a very filling supper and delectable dessert, the boys joined the parents in the game room, while Myungsoo held Lourdes back. "Wanna go for a tour of the house? You can get to see my room" he teased as she blushed and nodded. Intertwining their hands tightly, he kissed her on the cheek and let the parents know the plan.