Chapter 18 - A night of Memories

Sleeping Beauty

Hands interlocked, Lou followed Myungsoo through this mansion of a house...no, not a house, "This was what a home should be like" Lourdes thought as she stared in awe. Not usually one to touch, she wasn't able to keep her hands to herself. Natural tones flowed easily from one room to another. Beautiful photos of the family were displayed in every room. More than just portraits though, these were of moments in time. Family holidays, school pictures, picnics, awards, sports, every activity you could imagine, told the story of this family. Love flowed in every picture and made her smile. Even the one that showed a little Myungsoo with tears on his face, bleeding scratches on his knees, but a triumphant smile on his face as he rode what was probably his first bicycle. Although it was her first visit, Lourdes could not help trace every feature as she reached out and trailed her fingers over photos, as they moved between rooms. Expensive artwork held no attraction to her in the face of these beautiful memories. As they made their way up the stairs towards the back of the home she stopped in her tracks, startled. Lining the walls of the stairway from the base of each stair to the ceiling, were dozens of action shots of their family, some of which she had no memory of him even taking. In every one it looked like they were alive, there was such beauty and artistry in the taking of these pictures. They were moments out of time and brought tears to her eyes. She looked up into his smiling face unable to voice her thoughts, through the emotions she was feeling. 

Myungsoo watched the emotions run across Lou's expressive face. When they reached his pathway of love he waited anxiously for her reaction and was more than ecstatic when she turned surprised, awed, love filled and tearful eyes to him. More than his hard work, these pictures were a labor of love. They were a reflection of his feelings for his family. To him they were straight from his heart and was more romantic than a rose petal strewn floor. There were more empty frames leading up the long stairway, that would include pictures from today's "family reunion" and many more memories that they would share. Going down to his knees, he sat at eye level with Lou, who was reverently touching a picture of the four of them. It had started out as a selfie until the twins had photobombed them. The end result was too beautiful not to put up... It easily captured their personalities and their love for each other. He gently wiped away the lone tear rolling down her cheek and pulled her into one of his signature hugs. Tight and all consuming. Holding her face in his hands, he placed a soft kiss on her forehead, before guiding her to her feet. "Gwenchana?" He questioned, waiting for her nod before interlinking their fingers and helping her to her feet.

At the top of the stairs, Myungsoo lead her into a large, bright room. The natural light filtered through what looked like a full set of glass walls. "Woah... Dae to the Bak!" Lou whispered in utter awe and admiration. A huge bed dominated the only solid wall in the room.  The floors were made of shining polished oak. There was photos hanging in midair or that's what it seemed like, before Lou realized they were strung up with thin fishing gut to give a floating effect. Once again Myungsoo's eye for detail could be appreciated. Bookshelves overflowing, had books stacked in front showing this boy's passion for reading. She squeaked at the sudden darkness, before she realized that Myungsoo had turned off the lights. Coming to stand directly behind her, he wrapped his whole body around her in a BackHug, causing her to close her eyes as she sighed contentedly. Resting his head on top of hers Myungsoo instructed Lou to look outside through the wraparound wall of glass. With the room lights off, the black blanket of night was the perfect backdrop for the star studded sky. The sky was bright with light from the stars as the pair stayed in perfect harmony watching the beauty of the night. No words were needed as she leaned back into his warm embrace and wrapped her arms around so his.

Myungsoo hummed his contentment, basking in the moment, as he nuzzled his cheek against her thick, soft hair. "Myungsoo" Lou called out softly. The atmosphere somehow called for quiet. "Hmmm" he replied, reluctant to leave his happy place, tightening his already close grip around her. "So when are we going on our first date?" She asked then waited for her question to sink in. She giggled as realization caused him to stop humming and straighten up. The view was forgotten as he spun her around, holding her by her shoulders, bringing his face right in front of her... invading her space and causing her to go almost cross eyed as she tried to maintain eye contact. Her blinding smile blew him away. "Jinjja?" He asked slowly, stretching out the word. At her eager nod, he pulled her in for a quick hug and a kiss on the forehead. He took a step back before doing what could only be a Myungsoo dancing jig. It looked funny and awkward as he he moved his arms up and down in a quick march type move, index fingers pointing out. He was biting his lips and shaking his booty in celebration. "How can he look y and funny at the same time?" Lou wondered as she clapped her hands and laughed enjoying the show. At her laugh, he stopped his dance and a sly smile crossed his face indicating trouble was coming her way. Not one to be slow on the uptake, Lourdes made an about turn and hightailed it away from him. The sound of her happy laughter filled the corridors as he gave chase, grinning as he growled... a hunter in pursuit of his target.

Long legs that could easily catch up to her, instead loped behind her, keeping her just ahead and within arms reach. Myungsoo panicked as this wild gazelle ran down the stairs, skipping random steps and jumping to the floor. At his shout of worry, Lou turned blew him a raspberry before making off again. He ran after her again picking up the pace, which caused her to shriek in laughter before coming to an abrupt halt at the end of the hallway, landing in Eomma's opened arms. Their noisy tomfoolery had garnered the interest of the rest of the family. Roles were reversed, with Eomma and Appa enjoying the carefree playfulness. The twins on the other hand were waiting arms crossed over chests and feet tapping. While Lourdes sought comfort in the warm embrace, Myungsoo straightened up ready for the lecture. The raised eyebrows and tongue tapping that was meant to show disapproval, had his heart melting at the cuteness of it all. He struggled to maintain calm as he sheepishly lowered his head, before giving a 90 degree bow of apology. When sufficient time had lapsed in supplication, he raised his head and explained. "She" he said sternly pointing at Lourdes, "laughed at our happy dance" he said smirking as Lou picked her head up from Eomma's warm hug. "Your Happy Dance" she mouthed as she pointed to Myungsoo, Liam and Louis. At Myungsoo's nod of confirmation, Lourdes carefully moved behind Eomma trying to avoid the tickle attack from her three men. Eomma though was no fool and left her to her own defenses as soon as the three headed her way.  The original tickle war digressed and was no longer three against one, as Myungsoo could never leave her to fend alone. Instead it was evenly matched at two against two... Those tiny bodies were experienced tickle warriors and took on the elders with no fear. Appa backhugged Eomma as they watched their kids roll around on the floor, laughter filling every nook and cranny of this home.