I'll Lighten The Load

Sleeping Beauty

Myungsoo got up of the couch and knelt in front of the silent twins. He placed an arm around both of them and brought them in for a joint hug. He tightened his grip as both boys started crying before they hugged him back. Comforting them, he gently rubbed their backs as he looked back at Lourdes who had a hand stuffed in to try and prevent any sound accompanying the tears steaming down her face. He motioned with his head for her to join the group hug, all these siblings are now mine to protect he thought, placing kisses on each head. No matter how tough they all were, they were all still children.

Lourdes could barely hold herself together. At 5 going on 50, this was the first hug the boys had gotten from anyone accept her. She hadn't realized how much pressure they had placed on themselves as her "protectors". She smiled through her tears at the look of determination on Myungsoo's face as he comforted them. Wiping away the twins tears, she got them to get up and go clean themselves as she started preparing for the afternoons routines & chores.

Before she could do anything, Myungsoo startled her by coming up behind her and and wrapping his arms around her in a back hug and resting his head on hers. "Right!! Where do we start and what can I help with? He asked determinedly. Turning in his arms , Lourdes hugged him, before explaining their routines. "Arasso, it's already late and they've missed their tea, so why don't  I prepare supper for all of us, while you see to their bath and get their stuff ready for tomorrow." Myungsoo suggested.

Lourdes was surprised and raised and eyebrow at him. "You can cook? Not take away now... Cook cook?" She loved how his grin widened at her surprise. "Just hand me an apron and I'll check out what I have to work with in the kitchen." Myungsoo took charge, taking the apron and guiding a still stunned Lourdes to go after the twins who had already been left alone too long. He sent her off on her way with a little pat on her rear and a smile on his face.

With limited amount of time and ingredients Myungsoo decided to go easy and made some toasted cheese sandwiches and tomato soup. He had the kitchen cleaned up and table set when the trio came down. He once again hugged the stunned boys and then maneuvered them to the table. "Get used to the hugs boys, there's plenty more where that came from" he teased, trying to get back the spirited boys he had initially met. He tried to hide the grin at their twin groans. "Aish jinjja!!" Liam said with raised eyebrows. "Don't push your luck pabo, we haven't yet made up our minds about you" Louis chirped before they replied in unison. "We still have our eyes on you" they made hand gestured depicting them watching him. "Omo,,, too adorable" he thought.

Lourdes watched Myungsoo's interaction with the boys smiling at all her men. She was impressed as he seated and served them all... not bad considering she hadn't gotten round to grocery shopping. In the short while that he'd been here, he had already gotten them up to speed and ahead of schedule. Lourdes, was able to focus on her own meal, while Myungsoo was subjected to more of the boys interrogation. Seems like they had gotten their second wind. She laughed to herself as Louis started asking Myungsoo about his future goals and his financial situation.

"I guess the break was nice while it lasted" Myungsoo thought, secretly glad that the twins had bounced back so quickly from this afternoon's emotional session. "I'm the only son and heir to Kim Corporation. I have also invested my inheritance from my paternal grandparents and am financially independent. I plan on furthering my study into the field of veterinary science" he stated factually to the pair of attentive  twins. "However, I do not expect to have to support Lourdes financial as she is a very independent woman and would not accept any charity from me" he smiled as they nodded in agreement and looked over at her. He could see that even with his help, the emotionally trying day had added to her exhaustion. She had managed to eat most of her supper but was drooping. He stood up and got her to finish up settling down the boys for the night, while he started the washing machine and cleared up the supper things. 

By the time he was done, there was still no sign of Lourdes. He put the washed clothes into the dryer and made his way upstairs, where he found all three pajama clad siblings fast asleep. He stood watching over them for a moment, but realized that Lourdes needed to get some proper sleep. Myungsoo gently woke her up and guided the cute sleepy girl to her room where he helped tuck her in.  Placing a kiss on her forehead, he gave her one last lingering look before he made his way downstairs. He folded the dried clothes and set them in the basket. As they had skipped most of the school day, there wasn't any homework to do. He left a note on the fridge that he would be bringing breakfast in the morning, then let himself out, setting the door to lock behind him. Myungsoo stretched tiredly before starting his trip home. He was pretty happy with the way the day had turned out in the end and was already making plans for the next day. With a bounce in his step he couldn't help but smile. "I have a girlfriend !!  Yay me!!" He said out aloud as he did a cute dance shaking his arms and , not caring if anyone saw him.